Fighter Pods Thread

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. Wow. These really are small...

Edit: and love the blog.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another fad that will be old in a year yet will still be on sale everywhere with no one buying them anymore. <sigh>

But I at least need the Obi-Wan if not others

Reaction score
I agree it's a fad. Given how many figures they have to put out per pack, they're going to run thru the main SW roster very fast. As mentioned if these were "gum-ball machine" items, they could probably stretch it out for awhile with minimal packaging and zero game-like design. The other method that could give them longevity would be blind packs - but then a rarity system would have to be put in place to make it interesting. Then it's SW miniatures or Kubricks all over again.

Reaction score
Well at least the 4 packs have all characters visible-- so it may at least work that you can buy the ones you are missing- -and not buy tons of extra packs to get what you need...

By the way- Rex and Anakin-- exclusive to the Jedi Starfighter (10 Pack)
Luke and Han Stormies exclusive to 10 Pack Millenium Falcon

Reaction score
Saw the larger pack assortments at Target and was pretty tempted. One pack was all OT figures, except one figure. Another one looked like all movie figures and no CW, which I also debated about. In the end, I passed. Still waiting for a sale.

Reaction score
Now where they get you is the other 6 exclusives you have in the list above-- all come in the blind bagged 2 packs- (with the most expensive price per figure -- 4.00 for 2 figures) at TRU.. Each bag has one exclusive one common figure.. I picked up 4 packs-- got 1 repeat exclusive..

Reaction score
I nabbed two sets with the two different R2's. I should have just bought them single on ebay... but at least I can give the extras and the pods to my kids.

I walked out of the store and actually muttered "you win George Lucas". :wtf:

Reaction score
I've only seen them at TRU. A Target right across the street has just a few SW items in total. They completely missed the Jan 30th street date for the new merchandise. Not sure if it's in the back or they haven't even gotten it yet.

Reaction score
I found the four packs and the two packs today at Target. I picked up a four pack because I want the ROTS clones. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it though as $6 is pretty high for these, especially since I only really want the single figure. I also grabbed a two pack and got two Vaders, one with the helmet off (exclusive?) and one with it on. I'm definitely keeping the one with the helmet on. Not sure about the other.

Reaction score
I picked up the Millenium Falcon set today and got the Falcon (of course) and two of the 3 Han figures.

My Han Solo and Millenium Falcon focus collections are grateful that I decided to stop at a Target today :)

Reaction score
I found the four packs and the two packs today at Target. I picked up a four pack because I want the ROTS clones. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it though as $6 is pretty high for these, especially since I only really want the single figure. I also grabbed a two pack and got two Vaders, one with the helmet off (exclusive?) and one with it on. I'm definitely keeping the one with the helmet on. Not sure about the other.

How much are the two packs at Target? At TRU the 2 packs are $4 and the 4 packs are $8 ($6 seems like a good price for these)

Reaction score
Another day, another toy run. Still nothing.

For those of you that found them at target, where were they stocked? My local store doesn't have pegs for them in the toy dept. (they have empty pegs for everything else...)

Reaction score
At frst I was only mlidly interested in these. My kids more so obviously. However these are much better than I thought and not as hard to find as you would think given some are in blind packs. Given that they are Hasbor I though for sure we were going ot have to deal with tons of duplicates to get anywhere close to a full set. Howver the fact that they have the 5 ways get them (4 of which are mostly visible) makes it easier (more addictive) than I thought it would be. My kids and I got a Hoth, Falcon. Starfighter, and 4 blind packs. By spacing out the purchases a little and only buying big packs when all but 1 or 2 were duplicates, we were able to get 39 different figures with only 6 duplicates. Still fairly expensive but with the little blass they comes with converting into stands they make nice display pieces. So I have to actually give Hasbro a thumbs up on this one. By far the best supuire in the 1/30 launch of toys IMO.

Reaction score
For those of you that found them at target, where were they stocked? My local store doesn't have pegs for them in the toy dept. (they have empty pegs for everything else...)
Local Target has them pegged in the SW home section on the right-hand side - the last couple of pegs and shelf-space is devoted to them.

Reaction score
I had to visit 4 stores (Walmart, Toys R Us, Target and Meijer) but finally found the Jabba that I wanted. Actually, the only place that had Fighter Pods at all was Meijer. All they had were the sets that either come with the Sith Infiltrator or the Millennium Falcon. I would've preferred the Falcon, but they only had one set with Jabba and it was with the Infiltrator. Anyway, I don't really expect to get any more of these unless future waves come out with some Jabba's palace aliens or something, and then I might be interested in picking up some others like the droids or Boba Fett to fill out a little display. For the moment I'm satisfied with Jabba, though.

By the way, Meijer had the blind-packaged 2-pack for $4.99 which is just ridiculous. You can either get 9 figures (8 of which you can see), plus a vehicle and 4 of the spinners for $9.99 or two mystery figures and one spinner for $4.99? Makes no sense to me.

Reaction score
They're on the "island" endcap display that is now dedicated to Star Wars. Not all stores have set this endcap yet, so you may have to keep looking.
Yeah, theres no sign of the end cap at my target yet.

Reaction score
Local Target has them pegged in the SW home section on the right-hand side - the last couple of pegs and shelf-space is devoted to them.
Just the opposite at local Target near me. They were in also in the main SW section with the figures but on the left hand side. The Hoth set was on the shelf just below the pegs and the blind packs were on the next shelf below with the puzzles and fett lego pens

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have Kit Fisto, Darth Maul, Quigon Jinn, Snowtrooper, Bossk, Jek Porkins, and Imperial Guard figures available for trade. I'm only interested in the Han in Carbonite, Jedi Luke, C-3PO or R2-D2.

Reaction score
I have Kit Fisto, Darth Maul, Quigon Jinn, Snowtrooper, Bossk, Jek Porkins, and Imperial Guard figures available for trade. I'm only interested in the Han in Carbonite, Jedi Luke, C-3PO or R2-D2.
So, where did you finally find them? Hit four stores today. Still no sign of these.

Reaction score
Found a Target with these today and got the one big set with the AT-AT and snowspeeder. They had six of them and each had a different mix of figures. I found one that had both versions of R2 and two versions of Vader. The entire set was $19.99.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to TRU to return the three sets that I paid $28 for to get those same figures.

Also - the four packs were $5.99 at this Target vs. $7.99 at TRU.

Reaction score
My wife actually found these tonight. She picked up the big at at set and the Jedi star fighter set. Got a great mix of ot and pt characters. Good start. These things are adorable.

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about these. This is what happens during my down times. Starting new things to collect.

Reaction score
Well All im short is the Vader exclusive from the blind 2 packs -- so I got 47 of the 48 and only have bought 3 extra blind packs-- if I get a trade (should have one for the vader)-- I will have gotten the complete set with just 2 extra blind packs-- it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be...

Reaction score
A tip on the blind packs. THere is a little hole on the front of the pack whihc you can use to see what is in the pack if you move the figures around. Also if you press your finger against the figure when it is against the whit part of the pfront of the pack it is somewhat see through. So you can tell this way as well. Use this method to go 5 for 5 on the exclusives in the blind packs.

Reaction score
The fighter pods caught my attention when I first saw the pics from, I think, NYCC 2011. Area Target and Walmart stores have pegs set for the $6 packs, but I've not been able to find any at all yet. In addition to the figures, I think the AT-AT looks snazzy. Once I find them, I'm definitely interested in trading my extras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's my trade list:

Wants:
Top Want – 1-33 Clone Trooper x 4
1-36 Stormtrooper x 1
1-13 Clone Trooper x 1
1-6 Snow Trooper x 3

Haves:
Anakin’s Starfighter
1-35 Chewbacca
1-34 Yoda
1-29 Jango Fett
1-16 emperor
1-7 Luke
1-2 Han Solo Carb
1-10 Vader
1-23 Aayla Secura
1-12 Boba Fett
1-30 R2-D2
1-27 Obi Wan
1-19 Lando
1-1 Sandtrooper

Reaction score
I found five of the $2.99 Fighter Pod 2-Packs at Target this morning! There were no duplicate figures and each pack had an exclusive.

Points of interest:
The individual figures have no markings on them (as far as I can tell)
Most figures have a large peg hole, which allows the figure to "snap on" to the top of each clear fighter pod
Padme Amidala 1-8 has a smaller peg hole in her base, which "snaps" on the smaller peg on the clear fighter pods
So far it seems that each 2-Pack comes with one common and one exclusive figure (might not be accurate, it's just my experience so far)

2-pack exclusives:
I'm not clear on how to know which "exclusive" figures come in which sets, but these are the ones I got in the 2-packs
1-31 Vader (Force Choke)
1-32 Boba Fett (Down Blaster)
1-33 Clone trooper (rifle)
1-34 Yoda (Raised Arm)
1-35 Chewabacca (wrench)

Here are a few pictures to compare Fighter Pod figures with other SW figures. I snapped these quickly, so their not great quality, but they should give you an idea.

Pics below compare Fighter Pod Chewbacca 1-35 with Micro Machines, Action Fleet, Kenner, Playskool, and Hasbro Star Wars figures