Fighter Pods Thread

Reaction score
Fighter pods?

Anyone planning on collecting the upcoming fighter pods? (I hope this is the right place for a thread - did a search, but found nothing.)

I'm a sucker for blind-boxes, sadly, and I think the set looks cute. Definitely considering it...

Reaction score
You know, I'm alittle confused on how these are being run. BBTS has a listing for a 16 pack that looks to have all the ones that appear in the blind packs.

I'm also a sucker for blind pack stuff (it's like the lottery), but if I can get all of them in one shot like that, it might be the better way to go. Either way, I'll probably grab some of these, as they remind me of the Galactic Heroes figures.

Reaction score
saw these at NYCC and im very impressd
Different size packs have different exclusives in .. the BLACK PODS will have rare ones in and the black pods will be in the larger priced packs... so they are still blind shipped. I have the Promo video on my facebook. and will upload it on youtube later If and when I get a chance.

Reaction score
I'll be getting the Jabba one for sure. Probably on ebay since I don't like the odds of finding him otherwise. The figures are cute, but I'll probably be very selective.

Reaction score
I'm definately interested in the Millennium Falcon is anyone comes across it.

Reaction score
Are these essentially the size, shape, and rubbery composition of SQUINKIES?

As any of us with little kids know, squinkies have been on the rise for months now. There are Disney squinkies, Barbi squinkies, Hot Wheels Squinkies, Marvel Superhero squinkies, Hello Kitty squinkies. Squinkies are a hot item nowadays.

Hasbro doesnt make squinkies (i think), but I think these FIGHTER PODS are Hasbro's counterattack to the squinkie revolution happening two aisles over in the TARGET toy department.

-Wolf

saw these at NYCC and im very impressd
Different size packs have different exclusives in .. the BLACK PODS will have rare ones in and the black pods will be in the larger priced packs... so they are still blind shipped. I have the Promo video on my facebook. and will upload it on youtube later If and when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are these essentially the size, shape, and rubbery composition of SQUINKIES?
In looking at the pic on Hasbro's site and assuming that the hand shown in the pic is a child's hand, I'd say they're slightly larger than Squinkies. Which would makes sense, as I'm sure Hasbro had to tweek the design alittle to avoid copyright issues. As for material, I think it's unknown at this point.

I still haven't gotten the whole Squinkie thing yet. They don't even look like that much fun. I thought about buying the Marvel ones, but always found a reason to pass.

Reaction score
I would like to pick and choose... R2, Vader and any Hoth related items.

Reaction score
They say that there's going to be more than 100 characters, which is quite a few. I'd probably consider collecting the whole line if it was divided up by OT and PT, but I don't really want to be blind-buying a lot of clones.

Reaction score
Pros: Some great looking sculpts, also the small size makes for easy displayability. Cons: Just got burned by the cancellation of Galactic Heroes and I'm not really looking to start all over again from scratch, especially if blind boxing makes repeat purchases an inevitability. The cons win, I won't be grabbing these unless a random set looks good while I'm in Target.

Reaction score
How did you get "burned" by the Galactic Heroes cancellation? Counting the Playskool releases, that line was around for about 8 years, had a wide range of characters available and did some fantastic vehicles. Outside the 3.75" figures, it has to be one of Hasbro's biggest successes.

Anway, the Fighter Pods figures are kind of cool. We'll see how Hasbro makes out with them, they could take off but I also won't be entirely surprised if they're gone by Toy Fair 2012. If they expand the Hoth release and we get an AT-AT Driver I'll be in for that and definitely on any Republic Gunship vehicles, but otherwise I'll be passing.

E...

Reaction score
The nice thing about blind boxing is there will probably be an active trading community if you only want certain figures.

Reaction score
I was a completist with the Galactic Heroes line and was disappointed when it ended. Same with Mighty Muggs - though at least they seemed to kill that one pretty early. So I can see someone being reluctant to start a new line. Though we got a ton of GH characters there were more to go and some vehicles left (TIE fighter being probably the most prominent).

I've decided with stuff like this to just grab ones that would fit a focus and not try and be a completist.

Reaction score
I was a completist with the Galactic Heroes line and was disappointed when it ended. Same with Mighty Muggs - though at least they seemed to kill that one pretty early. So I can see someone being reluctant to start a new line. Though we got a ton of GH characters there were more to go and some vehicles left (TIE fighter being probably the most prominent).

I've decided with stuff like this to just grab ones that would fit a focus and not try and be a completist.
I actually quit collecting -anything- not 3 3/4" scale years ago. This line will bring me out of retirement...

Reaction score
So, it looks like there's two Chewies, three Vaders, two Boba Fetts, two Jango Fetts, three Snowtroopers, two R2-D2s, two Sand Troopers, and possibly two Phase 1 Clones in that pic.

Meanwhile, there's no ANH Han or any Leia in that pic, but there does look to be a Porkins. Very weird assortment...

Reaction score
Ther are over 100 in this first assortment, so we will see.

I could see them saving popular character for later sets, though.

I thought I read somewhere that hasbro planned on three series in 2012...

Reaction score
Do you know it each series going to be an assortment? I could see 100 in a year, but that might have to be three series of 30-ish each.

Still alot to handle in the blind-pack format. For comparison, the SW Miniatures game came in boosters of seven figures for $8-10 and case of 12 boosters usually netted you a full set of commons and uncommons. Here, if Hasbro has 30 figures in a series, that's going to get expensive even if you were lucky enough to pull a different figure in every pack. Granted there's the secondary market, but you also have the secondary market's Star Wars mark-up pricing.

Reaction score

This is another still rom the NYCC presentation..

So first mix are 100.... but then this says over 130 in 2012...

So my guess is there will be a store exclusive or two which will contain the last 30... or a WAVE 2 in just the bling bags/low end SKU ?? but who knows.. !

Reaction score
Yup and ive ordered a case or two of each for my shop.... I hope theyare the next BIG playground craze

UK will have an EXTRA SKU so I hear... lowest end pricepoint

Reaction score
How did you get "burned" by the Galactic Heroes cancellation? Counting the Playskool releases, that line was around for about 8 years, had a wide range of characters available and did some fantastic vehicles. Outside the 3.75" figures, it has to be one of Hasbro's biggest successes.

Anway, the Fighter Pods figures are kind of cool. We'll see how Hasbro makes out with them, they could take off but I also won't be entirely surprised if they're gone by Toy Fair 2012. If they expand the Hoth release and we get an AT-AT Driver I'll be in for that and definitely on any Republic Gunship vehicles, but otherwise I'll be passing.

E...
I felt burned because the line started off with a healthy balance of figs from the entire saga, and I committed to it at the expense of other lines. Then it devolved in the last two years to a Clone Wars bonanza that left some major figures in limbo (for example, we never got a non-helmeted Anakin or any kind of Padme from TPM). So, while a very successful and displayable line, I still am left with a collection that feels incomplete... from a certain point of view. :)

As difficult as GH's sometimes were to find, this new line seems like it is going to require as much time as a part-time job to try and trade or purchase figs on the secondary market.

Reaction score
Not to go off-topic, but I sort of feel the same way Grendelspyce did about the GH, but with me it was the Star Wars miniature game. It started out with a healthy assortment of movie charcters with some notable EU thrown in and then once the CW became popular, whole expansions of the minis game were devoted to it.

With these Fighter Pods, I can already see some CW stuff present and yet it's missing some key movie characters like Leia. So, whereas I like the concept, I may hold off for a bit till I know fully what I'm getting into. Plus, I got Lego, so I get my "cute" SW fix that way...

Reaction score
Whats more annoying is it looks like some of the vehicles packs have standard pack in figures with maybe one or two mystery figures in the pack-- and then another vehicle pack has some of the same basic figures with one or 2 other new figures (see the assortment pictures on BBTS.. so it looks like we are going to have a mighty beanz issue-- where we are going to get multiple of the common figures and then have to buy a vehicle pack for each "exclusive" figure- which in turn means no actual trading because everyone that we will have doubles of-- everyone else will have the same doubles--it will just be the few exclusives that everyone will be trying for..

Reaction score
I really hope it's not like Mighty Beans, because you're right those aren't really as blind as a normal blind packed item.

Reaction score
I don't know. I think I prefer the Mighty Beans system, because you can go online and tell what is going to be in a particular package. But maybe that's because I'm not a completist and just want a few specific ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope these are as easy to collect as the Squinkies. Even though they have dark color ***** that you cant see whose in them, you just turn the package around and it tells you, and they are numbered sets. I just got the 3 wwe sets. Buy all three you have all of them and no repeats. I doubt Hasbro will be that nice to us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man i definitely want these. Theyll look great on my desk at work. If i get doubles will look to trade on the boards.

Reaction score
With all of the other 1/30 merchandise seemingly leaking early, I wish some of these would sneak out as well n

Reaction score
Toysrus.com has some of the sets up for preorder. Probably not worth buying that way, but it's the first time that I've seen packaged shots.