Fenn Rau

Reaction score
Is Fenn Rau that last Rebels figure that has been made and will be released, as far as we know? Or has another Rebels figure (animated style) been definitively announced for sometime in the future?
I asked the same question a few weeks back and no one had anything to add. As it stands today, there are zero 3.75" Rebels figures announced. I think there are some coming for the 6" Black Series line but even then I am unsure.

Reaction score
In a recent interview, Hasbro reps confirmed animated Rebels figures are on hiatus. It looks like Fenn Rau is the final figure until further notice. Fenn Rau in RO packaging is available for pre-order from certain online shops, and will apparently be released in 2018 as well - but no details regarding which cardback style...

Reaction score
I think there are some coming for the 6" Black Series line but even then I am unsure.
You are correct, sir. And for once, I'm on top of things in that regard. I just preordered the 6-inch Black Series Grand Admiral Thrawn from EE. I figured I had better, since I still don't own the 3.75-inch version. :mad:

Reaction score
In a recent interview, Hasbro reps confirmed animated Rebels figures are on hiatus. It looks like Fenn Rau is the final figure until further notice. Fenn Rau in RO packaging is available for pre-order from certain online shops, and will apparently be released in 2018 as well - but no details regarding which cardback style...
Thanks. I was on EE last night and he's sold out even for preorder. :'(

I don't care which card back I find him on. I just hope to have better luck than I did finding the 3.75-inch Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Reaction score
You are correct, sir. And for once, I'm on top of things in that regard. I just preordered the 6-inch Black Series Grand Admiral Thrawn from EE. I figured I had better, since I still don't own the 3.75-inch version. :mad:
Heck the 6 inch Thrawn is pretty easy to find in my area. I wish the 3.75 one was the same though. I only saw him a few times in the wild.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Hasbro will now update Fenn Rau to have Force Link tech inside and put him on a TLJ card?
I highly doubt they'd change the production method for him for a re-release. They probably already have them made from before but are holding them back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I highly doubt they'd change the production method for him for a re-release. They probably already have them made from before but are holding them back.

they changed it for Jyn Erso in the TLJ line as well as Blaz and Chirrut... I wouldn't put it pass them

Reaction score
But those aren't from a Cartoon that they treat like a red headed stepchild...

Getting Rebels figures from Hasbro is tantamount to pulling teeth, so I feel it's unlikely they'd waste money on that.

Reaction score
I genuinely can't figure out Hasbro's release strategy on this figure. Mandalorian figures are a license to print money w/in Star Wars collecting, yet they've made this figure an online exclusive & very limited at that. What's the thought process here?

Reaction score
Is there a strategy there to comprehend in the first place?

Bistan was in development but reportedly cancelled, I assume due to feebler than hoped demand for R1 product, while Rau was supposedly scratched from wave 3 at an early stage, perhaps to further limit exposure on the always small last waves. So aside from the tiny quantities that made it to Canada, both were reportedly in "development hell," an undead state in which they had neither been definitively killed forever nor were included in any future release plans of any kind, even notionally.

Then a guy or lady from EE contacted them and offered to buy an entire minimum production run, after which they would sell some at retail and wholesale others to different websites. So the production decision was never a Hasbro strategy in the first place, at least not after the initial cancellation. It was EE's initiative, EE's risk, etc. At least if the rumors are true.

That's why it's a little grating to me to hear the carping about the markup & shipping. According to rumor, these are figures that seemingly would never have even existed had EE not stepped in, so in most ways comparison should be whether 10 plus shipping is better than no Fenn Rau at all of the $300 rarities on eBay. I can easily understand if somebody doesn't find the product worth the price, but to call a special effort like this a scam seems backward and entitled to me. A couple buck markup on a special order exclusive that saved a cool toy from never existing is to me a huge win, not a personal insult like a lot of people think.

But still, they may be right that Hasbro shoud've planned wave 3 for an HTS release with all 4 and the 2pack, and not chickened out in the first place.

Reaction score
Is there a strategy there to comprehend in the first place?

Bistan was in development but reportedly cancelled, I assume due to feebler than hoped demand for R1 product, while Rau was supposedly scratched from wave 3 at an early stage, perhaps to further limit exposure on the always small last waves. So aside from the tiny quantities that made it to Canada, both were reportedly in "development hell," an undead state in which they had neither been definitively killed forever nor were included in any future release plans of any kind, even notionally.

Then a guy or lady from EE contacted them and offered to buy an entire minimum production run, after which they would sell some at retail and wholesale others to different websites. So the production decision was never a Hasbro strategy in the first place, at least not after the initial cancellation. It was EE's initiative, EE's risk, etc. At least if the rumors are true.

That's why it's a little grating to me to hear the carping about the markup & shipping. According to rumor, these are figures that seemingly would never have even existed had EE not stepped in, so in most ways comparison should be whether 10 plus shipping is better than no Fenn Rau at all of the $300 rarities on eBay. I can easily understand if somebody doesn't find the product worth the price, but to call a special effort like this a scam seems backward and entitled to me. A couple buck markup on a special order exclusive that saved a cool toy from never existing is to me a huge win, not a personal insult like a lot of people think.

But still, they may be right that Hasbro shoud've planned wave 3 for an HTS release with all 4 and the 2pack, and not chickened out in the first place.
My biggest issue is shipping charges for a lot of online retailers. Or they have free shipping for in stock items only. So you could order 10 Fenn Rau and be way over the $79 minimum but still have to pay shipping.

Bigger issue is Hasbro being blind to supply and demand. Every set the final wave dies out and is rare to find.

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be so great if Hasbro made last wave syndrome a thing of the past via HTS. Maybe they should stop even attempting to move them through mass retail, at least for anthology movies.

Reaction score
To some EE may be a savior for securing this, when all hope may have been lost. But it doesn't excuse the fact of over charging and having to pay shipping.
Does Superman go around charging people for his services?

While they may have been doing the Collector Community a solid here, no one is forcing me to buy it and I won't. If he had been SA and a proper Mandolorian with no skull cap, I'd have been more inclined to be interested in this issue.

I don't owe EE anything, especially after that Droid debacle! It's going to take a lot to come back from that, IMO.

Reaction score
I think those rumors are a bit off, based on what Hasbro mentioned and the samples we've seen carded quite some time ago, I believe both Fenn Rau and Bistan were already produced and sitting in the factory waiting to be shipped - but retail was clearing out RO product, not ordering more. I don't believe for a second that the order from EE allowed Hasbro to start production on these figures. Its likely that EE bought the limited stock that was already available after these shipped to Canada.

I agree about the exclusive droid set, total debacle, which only soured me to them getting more exclusives after that BS hype that other sites participated in.

Reaction score
To some EE may be a savior for securing this, when all hope may have been lost. But it doesn't excuse the fact of over charging and having to pay shipping.

While they may have been doing the Collector Community a solid here, no one is forcing me to buy it and I won't. If he had been SA and a proper Mandolorian with no skull cap, I'd have been more inclined to be interested in this issue.

I don't owe EE anything, especially after that Droid debacle! It's going to take a lot to come back from that, IMO.
Well said. I did buy it anyway though because I am desperate for more figures but this is the right philosophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

what was the droid debacle ?

Reaction score
Ordered Fenn Rau off of eBay for $15 yesterday, which looks like it's right around or slightly less than what it would have been pre-ordering from EE. I'm sure the prices will drop a bit more over the next little while, but once the stock dries up, the prices will go back up. Even if they hit the likes of 5 Below or Ross, you'd still spend at least some money driving around trying to find the fig. Spending a bit over retail is worth it to me to avoid that hassle.

Reaction score
Ordered Fenn Rau off of eBay for $15 yesterday, which looks like it's right around or slightly less than what it would have been pre-ordering from EE. I'm sure the prices will drop a bit more over the next little while, but once the stock dries up, the prices will go back up. Even if they hit the likes of 5 Below or Ross, you'd still spend at least some money driving around trying to find the fig. Spending a bit over retail is worth it to me to avoid that hassle.
Buy it now or auction? I was watching for that price point

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, they are $8.99 plus shipping - only $1 over the MSRP, which is better than EE.

Reaction score
I just snagged 2 from Skyward Fun Supply!
Thank you so much, RogueKnite. I'd never heard of Skyward Fun Supply before your post, and I'm glad I read it. I just ordered one Fenn Rau for myself. And everyone's right: outstanding price and shipping. :awesome:

I'm very thankful for 'Scummers who are kind enough to share info like this. I didn't know how I was gonna get Fenn Rau. Now, this is one less thing for me to think about. Kinda sad, too, since it looks like the last Rebels figure for a while. :'(

Reaction score
Who'd you order from?

entertainmentearth.com ... usually they pack them with some protective paper along with the packing slip and a catalog... this time just the figures and nothing else. oh well.. I'm an opener anyway so having creased cards really doesn't affect me all that much

Reaction score
received the rest of the Fenn Raus I ordered from EE today... all packed nice and tight :D Now to build my squad of Mando Commandos!

Reaction score
Fenn Rau arrived in the mail today. Skyward Fun Supply did an amazing job packing him: bubble wrap around the figure/card and air packets inside a perfectly sized box, which was clearly marked Fragile on the outside.

So my Rebels 3.75-inch collection is finally complete. :awesome: