Favourite film order.

Reaction score
LOL the Leia complaint is comical, all these years they whine she doesn't indulge directly in the Force, then she does. No pleasing anyone.
That's like someone being upset if they asked for Ketchup and then someone takes the ketchup bottle opens it and pours it all over them.

Reaction score
45 years old
The top two and bottom one don’t change. All the middle ones move a spot maybe two depending on how I feel. This is right now. The Mandalorian would be 3 or 4 if added.

ROTJ
ESB

ANH
RO
SOLO
TROS
TPM
TFA
AOTC
ROTS

TLJ

Reaction score
ESB
ROTS
ANH
RO
ROTJ
AOTC

HUGE gap...
TPM

A gap too big to accurately show:
The rest made by Disney.

The top 3 have not changed in 14 years. ROTJ is the movie time has been the least kind to on my list.

Reaction score
I'm 28. First introduced to Star Wars by the OT on VHS in the mid 90's.

Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
Solo
A New Hope
The Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Last Jedi
The Phantom Menace

TLJ and TPM could swap spots. I'm not sure which is my least favorite of the two.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The list gets hard after like #4, things start getting muddied. Like I love all the member berries in ROS but Solo had a more coherent story but TLJ had some outstanding performances but they were performances of crap and AOTC has some campy charm to it by this point, but ROTS has a better tone and TFA was great but now didn't seem to flesh out the way I had hoped and and and...

ROTJ
ESB
ANH
TM
TPM
R1
TFA
SOLO
ROS
AOTC
ROTS
TLJ

Reaction score
Well, time to reevaluate the list again.

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Rogue One
3. A New Hope
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. The Rise of Skywalker
6. The Force Awakens
7. Solo
8. Revenge of the Sith
9. The Phantom Menace
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Last Jedi

Reaction score
Personally it it mildly influenced by when I saw them. I will say ANH is better than ROTJ. But favorite does not translate to better. My order now is:

35 years old.

ESB
ROTJ
ANH
TROS
RO
TFA
SOLO
ROTS
TPM
AOTC
TLJ

Last edited:
Reaction score
39 yo.

6 : ROTJ
3 : ROTS
5 : ESB
- : RO
4 : ANH
1 : TPM ( add. Thanx only to Maul/Qui Gon/Kenobi )
7 : TFA
9 : ROS
2 : AOTC
- : Solo
8 : TLJ

Reaction score
I'm 48

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
Solo
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Reaction score
I'm 49

The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Solo
The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker
The Last Jedi

Reaction score
I've been reflecting on it some more and I think I need to re-evaluate my rankings. 37 btw.

1. ESB (the tentpole Star Wars fandom is build on imo, had this movie bombed fandom wouldn't have survived)
2. ANH (garbage saved in the editing room, Academy award winning editors are masters at their craft)
3. ROTJ (half hearted effort to finish the franchise off but it still had some great moments)
4. ROTS (it has problems...a lot of them...but the efforts to course correct were appreciated)
5. TLJ (Mark Hamill is great...even though I am disappointed in the story direction)
6. SOLO (cut out the beginning of him on Correlia, start with him just Han as an Imperial and it works decently)
7. TFA (visually stunning and it leans on the visuals to distract you from the vague world building)
8. TPM (story relies so much on coincidences and poorly acted outside of Liam Neeson)
9. RO (boring wooden characters, the end helps but still)
10. TROS (it just feels pointless)
11. AOTC (cringe worthy scenes of Anakin/Padme dominate half the movie)

11 movies and I don't enjoy most of them. It's frustrating to be a Star Wars fan. It has some of my favorite movies....yet the sum of the series is filled with stuff I wish had been better.

Reaction score
Return of the Jedi
Empire strikes back
A new Hope
Rogue 1
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the clones
Caravan of courage

The force awakens

The rise of skywalker
The Holiday special

Solo

The last jedi

Reaction score
After two and a half weeks of reflecting on TROS, I'm pretty solid on this:

ESB
ANH
ROTS
TLJ
TFA
ROTJ
TPM
AOTC
TROS

If I had to include the Star Wars story movies, I'd put Rogue One somewhere in the middle and Solo in the bottom third somewhere.

Reaction score
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
RO
Rebels (average)
ROTS
Clone Wars (GCI) (average)
SOLO
AOTC
Clone Wars (shorts) (average)
TPM
TROS
TFA
Resistance (average)
TLJ
The Ewoks: Carawan of Courage
The Ewoks: Battle for Endor
Ewoks Cartoon
Droids Cartoon
Holiday Special
Interviews with Rian Johnson defending TLJ

Haven't seen the Mandalorian yet.
Won't include Family Guy or other spoofs, or Lego stories.

Reaction score
ANH
ESB
ROTJ
Ewoks 1
Ewoks 2
TPM
AOTC
ROTS

(repeat) :)

And the Clone Wars cartoons/movie whenever is convenient.

Edit: whoops. I thought this was preferred viewing order, not list of favorite to least favorite. :sleep:

Last edited:
Reaction score
46 yo
Order is tough because I do have things I like in all the movies. For example: I really like the Geonosis arena scenes in AOTC, but the Anakin/Padme scenes are so bad. I also love Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, but TPM is lacking in a lot of ways.

Ranked:
ESB - 99% of all lists start with one of the OT movies, so any of those three are acceptable in my opinion at the top.
ROTJ - currently love looking at my barge and I don't care what anyone else thinks but I love the murder bears.
ANH
RO - Rogue One adds a lot of weight to the beginning of ANH and I already really liked ANH, so it has to go here.
ROTS - the best of the PT
TROS - just so happy that we got a fun Star Wars movie after TLJ. It was rushed and had a lot of heavy lifting for this trilogy, but ended things as well as could be expected given what was left after Ep VIII.
SOLO - Not perfect as a Han Solo 'origin' but I loved that it showed us Kessel, Cloud Riders, Lando, and was just generally fun.
TFA - As a start to a trilogy, this wasn't terrible, but the death of Han and the multitude of copied beats from another Death Star to another Empire... it just wasn't what I was hoping for. Should have found a new story instead of repeating the same one.
AOTC
TPM - As I said above, don't dislike these entirely, but these are the weakest... but mainly due to dialogue and a few questionable choices.

TLJ - I can't even put this next to the others. I have never been more disappointed in a movie in my life.

Reaction score
Born in 1980 (turning 40 in 10 days 😏 ) This is in order of my personal favorites, not necessarily what I think is/are the best ranking of each as a film...I'd be happy to elaborate if anyone cares.

ROTJ
ESB
Star Wars (ANH)
TPM
TLJ
RO
SOLO
AOTC

Reaction score
40 y/o

ROTJ
ESB
ANH
Rogue One

Everything else, which more or less suck equally bad for different reasons.