Favourite film order.

Reaction score
So I notice that a lot of people with "Fett" in their name dislike the movie.

It's a conspiracy!
1/ Empire Strikes Back
2/ Star Wars
3/ Return of the Jedi
4/ Rogue One
5/ Revenge of the Sith
6/ Attack of the Clones
7/ The Phantom Menace

8/ The Force Awakens

9/ The Last (placed) Jedi[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
OT
Rogue One
PT
TFA

The story ended for me as TFA closed. It was a beautiful and compelling cliff hanger that was absolutely destroyed by TLJ.

Reaction score
For me they rate
TLJ
TFA
TPM
RotS
ANH
RotJ
AotC
ESB
RO

Oh and in case you're wondering I'm 46 in a few days time.
No disrespect in this question Greejo, but would you care to explain what you don't like about RO and especially ESB? ESB is pretty much unanimously labeled the best SW movie ever. So just curious what makes it 8th on your list.

Reaction score
#1: ANH, ESB, & ROTJ (I see this as one big amazing story)
#2: Rogue One (maybe not great but good addition to the OT timeline)
#3: ROTS
#4: TPM
#5: AOTC
#6: TFA

(I do not consider TLJ a SW movie so it does not even get a rank)

Reaction score
I based my list on the number of times I watched each movie over the past 12 months. RO got no views(I am yet to even take the dvd/bluray out of the plastic....oh and it was a gift before you ask) ESB got one view.

I have said this before but my dislike for ESB stems from my childhood memories of both ANH and RotJ. When ANH came out I was blown away by this galaxy far far away. The cantina scene made the biggest impact with its myriad of alien characters. Jump forward a few years to ESB and I was disappointed by the lack of alien background colour(sans a few bounty hunters which I loved) displayed in ESB. Jump forward a few more years and I was once again immersed in that galaxy full of alien life in Jabba's palace.

Keep in mind these were just my childhood reactions to these movies and I have come to love ESB. It simply does not rate as highly in my opinion....to each their own...as the saying goes.

Reaction score
The Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Return Of The Jedi
The Clone Wars (This feature deserves some love just for introducing Ventress. And would instantly improve by leagues had Jabba’s baby been replaced with another character.)

The rest are unwatchable. But if I’m feeling particularly generous that day, I’ll acknowledge Attack Of The Clones… It’s developed an appreciated charm in light of this soulless, corporate Sequel. It is very much a campy, kitschy hot mess of a 1950s-tribute to Flash Gordon— so maybe it’s genuinely always the Star Wars George dreamt about. Everyone just sleepwalks through this-- except for Hayden, who overacts through it all LOL And maybe that’s part of its newfound “charm” for me… When The Prequel is slammed for its CGI-infestion, this is the episode most guilty of that accusation; It’s so… cartoony visually, it may as well be an animated feature.

Reaction score
I finally saw Hayden in "life as a house" and I can see now why GL hired him -- a unique combination of angry and whiny. he delivers his lines in much the same way as AOTC (he has an accent all his own) but for some reason it seems more natural.

ventress was introduced in the 2003 2D 'Tartakovsky' Cone Wars (with no "The" in front). they were a bunch of 3-minute mini-episodes which played as filler on the cartoon network during rented 'ad' slots (during the commercial breaks). when you add them up on DVD they play consecutively as a 60-minute cartoon. (season 2 was five 15-minute episodes which add up to a 75 minute cartoon). there was an arena-scene much like the one in Thor Ragnarok between Thor and Hulk -- a bunch of alien gladiators are fighting each other for supremacy and ventress cuts them all up with her lightsabers. she claims "I Am Sith" until dooku drops a house on her and takes her away to his lair. she wakes up and has some breakfast and agrees to become his secret apprentice. or something like that. dooku sends her on a mission to kill anakin. they fight. she falls into an abyss. or something like that.

the new & improved Ventress in the 2008 3D 'THE clone wars' series was a re-vamped/changed/re-modeled character -- Filoni updated the concept and made her more interesting -- he gave us the ' definitive' version -- but he didn't create the character. (sort of like Jimi Hendrix' "All Along The Watchtower" -- he gave us the definitive version, but it started as a more simple 'Bob Dylan' tune). if you like ventress you might want to check out the original version as well. it's interesting to see the development of the character, from concept to fruition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^ Glad you think so.

I finally saw Hayden in "life as a house" and I can see now why GL hired him -- a unique combination of angry and whiny. he delivers his lines in much the same way as AOTC (he has an accent all his own) but for some reason it seems more natural.

ventress was introduced in the 2003 2D 'Tartakovsky' Cone Wars (with no "The" in front). they were a bunch of 3-minute mini-episodes which played as filler on the cartoon network during rented 'ad' slots (during the commercial breaks). when you add them up on DVD they play consecutively as a 60-minute cartoon. (season 2 was five 15-minute episodes which add up to a 75 minute cartoon). there was an arena-scene much like the one in Thor Ragnarok between Thor and Hulk -- a bunch of alien gladiators are fighting each other for supremacy and ventress cuts them all up with her lightsabers. she claims "I Am Sith" until dooku drops a house on her and takes her away to his lair. she wakes up and has some breakfast and agrees to become his secret apprentice. or something like that. dooku sends her on a mission to kill anakin. they fight. she falls into an abyss. or something like that.

the new & improved Ventress in the 2008 3D 'THE clone wars' series was a re-vamped/changed/re-modeled character -- Filoni updated the concept and made her more interesting -- he gave us the ' definitive' version -- but he didn't create the character. (sort of like Jimi Hendrix' "All Along The Watchtower" -- he gave us the definitive version, but it started as a more simple 'Bob Dylan' tune). if you like ventress you might want to check out the original version as well. it's interesting to see the development of the character, from concept to fruition.
As far as I’m concerned Cobalt, The Clone Wars was Ventress’ introduction. She was robbed of her part in AOTC actually (the concept art of her there were nice) since George decided to replace her with Christopher's Dooku so abruptly— likely after he was reminded of just how effective Christopher remained as a regal villain after seeing him in Peter’s LOTR (which deservedly stole all of the thunder from George’s Prequel…). Still hopeful that she will have a prominent part should the Obi-Wan story ever come to light… (George clearly idealized her as a Black woman if we’re to go by the early concept art of a Sith Witch for AOTC. Maybe even someone like Grace Jones and Angela Bassett in their younger incarnations. These days, I can see Abbey Lee Kershaw and Adwoa Adoah fitting the Ventress physical profile quite well. Adwoa was mesmerizing in Ghost In The Shell. That's what is needed for a live-version of Ventress.)

Hayden… Poor guy. It’s not his fault he was so awful in the Prequel. He’s not a terrible actor— just terrible in the Prequel. And as awful as Jake may have been as Anakin, I’ll accept that’s where Prequel-Anakin starts and ends. Although, I totally dig Hayden-Anakin’s jedi costume. Hayden looks great as Anakin in ROTS, just that once he opens his mouth— OMG, it’s all downhill…

(BTW, if anyone wants to see Jake giving a solid performance pre-SW, check him out in Nick Cassevetes’ Unhook The Stars. For someone who was only 6-7 at the time, he gives an astoundingly nuanced, unguarded performance which would have made a profound TPM-Anakin.)

Reaction score
I think the big problem with Hayden (apart from the writing and direction) was it just wasn't the right role for him. Like Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great. Colin and Hayden are both decent enough actors, just in the wrong role.

Reaction score
rotj - ep6
tfa - ep7
esb - ep5
anh - ep4
tpm - ep1 (without jar jar)

the rest tied for last.

Reaction score
Mine would be something like:

1. ANH
2. ESB
3. ROTJ
4. ROTS
5. TPM
6. AOTC
7. TFA

Honestly, within each trilogy the difference isn't huge, but the gaps between OT/PT and PT/TFA are notable. I haven't seen Rogue One or TLJ yet, but maybe things will change when I get around to them.

Reaction score
I think the big problem with Hayden (apart from the writing and direction) was it just wasn't the right role for him. Like Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great. Colin and Hayden are both decent enough actors, just in the wrong role.
The entire cast of Alexander the Great was miscast LOL Colin with his Irish brogue (and bottle peroxide dye-job), Angelina doing an OTT Romanian-accent, and Val sounding like an aging Californian surfer…

I can imagine so many other actors as Prequel-Anakin… Eddie Redmayne would have suited that role greatly. Still remember a conversation way back with some, when we thought his character in Black Death would have been so ideal as Prequel-Anakin…

As much as Natalie’s Amidala was an evolving mess of a character, can’t imagine anyone as Amidala but Natalie. It’s the same for Daisy’s Rey. She may be the Mary-est of all Mary Sues, and the Disney-est of all Disney Princesses— but can’t imagine anyone else as Rey… Daisy really polished that turd to such impossible charm.

Adam’s Kylo is in the same failure camp as Hayden’s Anakin… So many other actors come to mind for a much more imposing presence. Kyle’s temper tantrum marathon is so toddler-fodder I want to put him in time-out. And if he’s not throwing a temper tantrum, he’s literally pouting and sulking. Adam just gives an awful performance.

I get the conflicted and tortured soul they’re attempting to give his character. But it’s just not there onscreen. If he was more like Jean-Hugues Anglade as Charles lX in the supreme La Reine Margot, I’d be all for it: Unhinged, bordering on psychopathic but damaged and fragile because of the people around him tearing away at both ends. But that’s a tad too much for a kiddie flick, I understand that. So even if he’s more quietly on the verge of a destructive breakdown like Ezra Miller’s Clarence in Fantastic Beasts, I’d be all for that… All Adam is giving, is a spoilt brat.

The casting of this Sequel just reads like a predictable affirmative-action casting where it has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with identity politics (except for Daisy)… Actually appreciate the concept of the classical duo of the Ying and Yang with Rey and Kylo— it’s similar to what George attempted with Amidala and Anakin for the Prequel. Both executions fail by virtue of poor characterization, direction and poor acting. But on paper, George’s TPM casting, in particular the holy trinity of Natalie, Ewan and Liam, was the ultimate dream team...

Reaction score
How can you say "Daisy's Rey..." or "Adam's Kylo..."?

They are the only ones to portray these characters. Daisy IS Rey. There is nothing else to use a benchmark.

An character like Dracula that has been played by multiple actors over the years? Fine. Compare Lee's Dracula to Legosi or whatever. But there is no DiCaprio Anakin or something. Hayden is Anakin.

Reaction score
RotJ
SW
ESB
TLJ
RO
TFA
RotS
S
TPM
AOTC

Probably need to give Solo another shot, to be fair. Revenge of the Sith is never as good as I remember it when I actually watch it.

Reaction score
OT
Rogue One
PT
TFA

The story ended for me as TFA closed. It was a beautiful and compelling cliff hanger that was absolutely destroyed by TLJ.
Revised to add Solo:

OT
Rogue One
PT
Solo
TFA

Reaction score
The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi

|
|
|
\/
Revenge of the Sith
|
|
\/
Solo
|
|
|
|
\/
The Force Awakens
|
|
|
|
\/
The Phantom Menace
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones

Reaction score
my personal opinion:

#1 Revenge of the Sith
#2 Empire Strikes Back
#3 Return of the Jedi
#4 Attack of the Clones
#5 A New Hope
#6 The Phantom Menace

as for disney movies I don't even care to rank them. they are fanfiction to me.

Reaction score
I love these lists...

For me:
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. ROTJ
5. Rogue One
6. Solo
7. TLJ
8. ROTS
9. TPM
10. AOTC

The bottom 3 are waaaaay behind the rest for me. It's even hard for me to enjoy ROTS even though my son loves it. It's just the acting, directing, chemistry, etc. It's just not good. There are times I even enjoy TPM more just because I think Neeson is great as Qui Gon.

Reaction score
1. ESB, RO
2. TPM, ANH
3. ROTJ

(I know, know, the OG OT purists out there must be beyond insulted to see TPM anywhere near ANH— let alone tied… And I know that TPM is a boring mess of a movie, just that it works so dynamically next to ANH in context of design aesthetic: The contrast of TPM's opulent, golden age of the Republic vs the utilitarian, shabby, military aesthetic of ANH is what the best of imaginations can build. Together, this unlikely film duo expends AGFFA in the best possible way. Both are visionary in their own right.

Still don’t care to see Solo. Thandie being only the incentive-- just Alden in that wig, which gives him this freakishly large head, is enough of a deterrent…)

Reaction score
Today I learned that Anakin whispers "Padme, help me" as the face plate is lowered on to him for the first time in ROTS and that right there may raise that movie up a notch for me.

Reaction score
So he whispers "help me" to someone he thinks is dead, but technically only choked unconscious? IMO, not sure it makes anything better. If indeed he thinks that he killed her, does he even deserve to ask her for help? lol

Reaction score
1A) The Last Jedi
1b) Empire Strikes Back
2) Rogue One
3A) A New Hope
3b) The Force Awakens
4) Han Solo
5) Revenge of the Sith
6) Attack of the Clones
7) The Phantom Menace

Have a couple of ties because I couldn't make up my mind

Last edited:
Reaction score
So he whispers "help me" to someone he thinks is dead, but technically only choked unconscious? IMO, not sure it makes anything better. If indeed he thinks that he killed her, does he even deserve to ask her for help? lol
He doesn't think he killed her at that point. He learns she died after that.

I'm pretty sure he asked Sidious " Where is Padme? Is she alright?". Not "Did you bury her yet cause I thought she was dead.". Plus his next response (before Noooooo) was something along the lines of "She was alive...I felt it"

Considering he was clearly a conflicted and emotionally unstable character who initially turned to the Darkside to save Padme I definitely think it adds some weight to scene, and in some regards, the entire PT/OT Saga.

Last edited:
Reaction score
why do you think jedi are not supposed to form individual attachments? they have love/compassion for 'all living things' because the force is created by 'all living things' and the Jedi draw their power from the force. (cool beans). but anakin's connection to the force was more specific, he had love/compassion for ONE living thing. he was connected to her by a bond of love --> in his time of need, he drew power from padme. (oops!) he killed her because she was mentally connected to the most powerful Jedi in the universe and he was dying. her attachment to anakin is exactly what killed her (aka:she died of a broken heart, from a certain POV -- "for reasons we can't explain, we're losing her" -- the writer is telling us, there IS a reason). --> anakin was 'attached' to padme, and in his time of need he (inadvertently) sucked the life out of her. listen to the heartbeats in this scene. (or just watch the documentary reel). as anakin's heartbeat gets stronger/faster, padme's heartbeat gets weaker/slower. this was intentional. GL wanted to depict energy flowing out of padme and into anakin.

the only question is: did Palpatine orchestrate the bond between them? did Palpatine 'channel' her life-energy into anakin? in the grand scheme of things, Palpatine is generally responsible for the fact that they got together, and he enabled the relationship later on, one could argue that Palpatine is responsible for anakin violating the "no attachments" rule in the first place. this "attachment" is responsible for the 'bond' which allowed energy to flow from padme to anakin in the end (listen to the heartbeats); this transfer of energy is responsible for creating the "Vader" we all know and love --> did Palpatine sacrifice Padme as part of the process?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I learned that Anakin whispers "Padme, help me" as the face plate is lowered on to him for the first time in ROTS and that right there may raise that movie up a notch for me.
this makes sense. anakin sucks the life out of her, through the force. saying it out loud just drives it home.

she died from her (forbidden) mental 'attachment' to a Jedi, which left her vulnerable as a source of 'force-energy' -- aka: she "died of a broken heart"

in his time of need, he reached out indirectly to 'all living things' (he reached out to the Force) -- but he wasn't connected 'EQUALLY' to all living things -- he was MORE connected to Padme.

(oops!) no wonder it's forbidden. "D'oh!" -- (or rather.. "NOOOOOoooooooooooooooo'oh!") :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now that I've finally seen Solo I can reassess things.

1. ROTJ
2. Rogue One
3. ANH
4. ESB
5. TFA
6. Solo
7. ROTS
8. TPM
9. TLJ
10. AOTC

I just don't know how they're going to salvage the franchise with 9, if they even want to.

Reaction score
My favourites

1 ESB
2 ANH
3 R1
4 ROTJ
5 Solo
6 TFA
7 ROTS
8 TPM
9 TLJ
10 AOTC

I kind of preferred the PT to the ST. Mainly because I see the ST as a remake, so I feel like the PT had more originality.

Loving the stand alone movies, though.

Reaction score
WOW! Rogue One's your worst? I didn't really like all the characters, but who knew it was that bad lol.
I could make a case for Rogue One being my least favourite Star Wars movie. I don't need Star Wars to grow up and be 'cool' and 'gritty'. I need it to be silly, romantic, fun and adventurous. The Vader scene at the end that everyone seems to think is the best bit is literally tacked on, doesn't feature any of the protagonists, has no stakes whatsoever and is totally devoid of consequence - so that says a lot for the quality of the rest of the movie if that's the best bit.

The majority of the final third is great and the battle on Scariff and the space stuff is really cool and spectacular, but the first third is dull and an exercise in telling and not showing and the middle of the movie on Eadu is totally redundant and could be removed from the film and you would barely notice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return Of The Jedi
4. Revenge Of The Sith
5. Rogue 1
6. The Force Awakens
7. Solo
8. Attack Of The Clones
9. The Phantom Menace

10. The Holiday Special

11. Caravan Of Courage

12. The Last Jedi

Reaction score
Funny how opinions are so varied. I'm betting if you added ages to this list, you'd see most everyone over 50 would list the OT within the first 3 or 4.
As a 56 year old, here's my opinion.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return Of The Jedi
4. Revenge Of The Sith
5. Rogue 1
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack Of The Clones

8. Solo - OMG L3-37 was SOOOO annoying! Hated every scene it was in! Take out that droid, Solo moves up to #6

9. The Last Jedi - Totally Ruined Luke!

10. The Force Awakens - If I wanted to watch "A New Hope" I would have put in the Blu-Ray

Reaction score
Updated 2019:

ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
RO
Dropping a binge-watch of Mandalorian in here ;)
ANH
TPM
AOTC
Solo
TROS
TFA
Any film made by anybody ever followed by:
TLJ

Reaction score
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTS
4. ROTJ
5. TFA
6. TLJ
7. TPM
8. RO
9. AOTC
10. TROS
11. SOLO

It's really hard honestly...it can change a lot from day to day. Nothing bumps ESB and ANH. ROTS, ROTJ and TFA can all kind of be swapped around. TLJ I don't hate...except the end. SOLO had potential but you can tell it's a mishmash. RO was so boring in the beginning and I don't care about any character in it. TPM has a lot of nostalgia for me that helps it. AOTC made me uncomfortable with how bad the dialogue was. TROS is more polished than a lot of movies but I really requires you to not ask even the most basic questions.

It sucks that most of SW is now in the just "okay" category to "awful." I remember when it was two great movies and one decent movie...which added up to a mostly great series.