Favourite Disney Era Star Wars film?

what is your favourite Disney era Star Wars film?

• Total voters

GNT

Reaction score
Now that Disney has been in control for a number of years now, what is your favourite Disney era Star Wars film?

Reaction score
Solo. Arguably, Rogue One was the better movie, but personally, I found Solo having more of the Star Wars flair. It was battered by some fans and fell through at the theaters, but I deem it worthy.

The less said about Disney's main story "Episodes", the better.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi. As much as I'd like to say why it'd likely derail the topic for 76 pages so I'll leave it.

Reaction score
Solo: A Star Wars Story. Three reasons why:

1) The Force Awakens gave me the same fanboy feeling I got when I watched The Phantom Menace for the first time. But unlike the PT, the "fans" made it hard for me to enjoy this part of the franchise's era.
2) The Last Jedi was a good film, but it also felt a tad bit too long. And after reading how George Lucas was planning out this trilogy, I think that is my only issue with this film. Plus the same issue with the "fans".
3) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story had good characters (one great) and a good job recreating the backstory behind 'A New Hope'. But I am also having a hard time getting myself to see the film for a second time.

Also, interesting tidbit. Disney does not add their label on the releases of these films. Did not realize this until just now. I am used to the original Fox packaging which included their own. :hmm:

Reaction score
Solo, because there were so many references to the old stuff (maybe stuff that only old EU fans would notice). Someone made sure to put some Easter eggs in there. I also really love Rogue One, mainly for the attempts to CGI Tarkin-actor Peter Cushing, and the use of old X-wing footage.

Reaction score
Rogue One, by a country mile. The only one of Disney's films to have been made by an actual Star Wars fan.

Solo is second, but it's such a pointless instalment that after two viewings (a record low for anything Star Wars) I have little interest to see it again. TFA is entertaining but a shocking betrayal of the OT, and TLJ is a tonally awful doubling down on that same betrayal.

I'm actually looking forward to Rogue One getting some competition.

Reaction score
Rogue One for me. There are no others from the Disney era I can even watch.

That being said, I really enjoyed Rogue One! I own it on Blu Ray, and have watched it a handful of times never disappointed by any of it (except the awful Tarkin CGI, but at least they tried). I even own a couple books on Rogue One and to me it firmly belongs in SW.

Reaction score
Voted Rogue One. If I had to rank them from best to worst based on a score of 1 - 10, I would list them as follows:

8 - Rogue One
7 - The Force Awakens
6 - Solo
4 - The Last Jedi

Reaction score
Voted Rogue One. If I had to rank them from best to worst based on a score of 1 - 10, I would list them as follows:

8 - Rogue One
7 - The Force Awakens
6 - Solo
4 - The Last Jedi
8. The Last Jedi
6. Solo
5. Rogue One
4. TFA

Reaction score
Rogue One is my favorite by far, but I mostly just skip to the end when rewatching it now. I'd still say it's better than the Prequels, and is a worthy tribute movie to the OT, but it doesn't hold a candle to the OT in terms of quality.

I skipped Solo in the theaters, because nothing about the film looked good to me. Eventually I got a chance to see it when a friend of mine gave me his digital code for the movie. So I didn't pay a penny to see it and was still underwhelmed. I think the cinematography being so dark makes it hard for me to maintain interest and I didn't care at all about any of the characters outside of Han Solo and Chewbacca. In fact, I found Alden Ehrenreich's portrayal of Han to be one of the least objectionable parts of the film. I have rewatched it once and am still pretty "meh.." on the entire film, but I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel now that all of the crappy characters from the first film are dead. Put Boba and Jabba in it and it becomes a definite watch for me.

I liked TFA quite a bit when I first saw it in theaters, even though I knew that I would have hated it if the film had come out in 1999. It was definitely a remake of the original Star Wars, but I liked it regardless. I was even interested in seeing how some of the mysteries presented in the film were resolved, such as Rey's parentage, some kind of explanation as to why she was so good at the Force, and where Snoke came from....

Then we got The Last Jedi. I saw it once in the theaters and haven't rewatched it since. I honestly don't care about the storyline of the Sequel Trilogy anymore and probably won't even go see Ep9 in theaters.

Reaction score
Rogue One I enjoy a little more each time.
Solo was fun, but shows issues with production hell. Still a good movie.
tfa I enjoyed at first but it was to much a carbon copy of a new hope. So it losing points.
As time goes by.
Tlj had a few good parts but so much more bad. Doesn’t hold up as a stand alone forget part a series.

like the EU before it Disney is running 50/50.