Favorite price tags?

Reaction score
I think it’s been discussed before but what are you’re favorite price tags or do you hate them? I’m quite fond of the Kmart tags as that’s where my grandparents bought me a lot of figs! Also the osco was a local drug store where I bought a few. I remember walking to the save-on store on vacation in California for the at-at commander when I was 12. Here’s a few of my childhood cardbacks. What do you guys like? KF4CF88D7-FA14-4268-AA5A-4D1EC507621D.jpeg35C25922-DEA1-4E89-8767-43D7E32FCA5B.jpegC9A658E2-9E0E-4EAE-8AAA-C78D385686A8.jpegFF027F47-D70A-4267-8E2E-CB358599347D.jpegA21B4B77-3B47-4F2E-ADA5-85987C23DCD6.jpeg

Reaction score
Depends on the character.

K-Mart: Darth Vader, Biker Scout, Rebel Commander, Rancor Keeper, Stormtrooper.

KayBee: All POTF, Hoth Ion Cannon, Hoth Generator Attack, Hoth Turrent Defense, Death Star Compactor, Dengar, Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear), Ree-Yees, R2 (sensorscope), Jabba's Dungeon (Amanin/EV99/Barada)

Hills: Teebo, Leia (Boushh Disguise)

Children's Palace: Squid Head, Jedi Luke, Klaatu, Nikto (Skiff Guard), Bespin World, Hoth World

Dahlkemper's: Luke (Hoth Battle Gear), 2-1B, Tripod Cannon

Buyer's Fair: Bespin Freeze Chamber

Fisher's Big Wheel: Rebel Commando

Hell I'd take anything I could get with a Dahlkemper's, Fisher's Big Wheel, or Buyer's Fair sticker though.

Reaction score
I get the interest (to a degree) on price tags (brings back memories when younger .... even though you're parents/ relatives were the ones that bought the figures at retail) , however in general my stance is price tags detract from the over all appearance of the packaging design. Some people are willing to pay $100+ extra, for that certain special price tag ( demand is spotty .... buyer to buyer) , but that much of a premium just for a small price sticker in my eyes isn't worth it.

Reaction score
Mine are Children’s Palace/Children’s World, La Bele’s, and TRUS. The places my family usually shopped at as a kid.

Reaction score
I got most of my childhood Star Wars figures at K-Mart and Toys R Us so those are nostalgic. I would rather my MOC not have price tags but I can live with them as long as they are positioned in a good place.

I hate it when sellers try to remove the price tag and either tear up the tag or tear up the card back. A card with an intact price tag looks better than a card with a torn up tag or a torn up card back. Seriously, how many people have successfully removed a price tag from a card back that's been on there for 30 + years? It's not going to end well.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Woolco one? I used to get figs there, and Woolworths, but they were more expensive there. Service Merchandise had them $1.96, a penny cheaper than Toys R Us here. Playworld is another cool one, with the Capped globe logo (Figs there were $2.49). I was fixated on the prices, because I always wanted to get the most for my money as a kid when those $5 birthday cards rolled in ;)

Reaction score
I hate it when sellers try to remove the price tag and either tear up the tag or tear up the card back. A card with an intact price tag looks better than a card with a torn up tag or a torn up card back.
I hate it when sellers ADD a modern price tag. There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men.

Reaction score
I hate it when sellers ADD a modern price tag. There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men.
That depends for me. I don't see a problem with putting on not-so-sticky tags just for selling at a show as long as it's a tag that can be easily removed. I have sold at a few conventions and I put stickers on all my MOC/MIB items but I made sure the stickers were just sticky enough to not fall off but not so sticky that they left residue. When the convention was over, I removed all the stickers off of whatever I didn't sell. But sellers putting on really sticky tags is terrible. And even worse when they leave the tags on things that don't sell so after a few months or years the new tag becomes permanent.

Reaction score
I would rather my MOC not have price tags but I can live with them as long as they are positioned in a good place.
Quote from Faker

I agree with that. But there ok if they don't distract.

Reaction score
I would rather my MOC not have price tags but I can live with them as long as they are positioned in a good place.
Quote from Faker

I agree with that. But there ok if they don't distract.
Yeah but... nothing tempts me to get back into 3.75" like the correct cardback/pricetag combo for the exact one I got as a kid!

Reaction score
My favorite is Hill's and Children's Palace. I always search for them when I'm trying to track down a card back. Kaybee and K-Mart are also pretty special, and the extremely rare Harts. I found a Cap-2 Captivator last year with a Harts price tag on it and just had to get it. I'm still shocked, I got that. I think Harts was a really small chain, they probably didn't have much more than twenty stores.

I try not to get a card back unless it has the original price tag on it. I like to know where it came from, gives the card or box a bit of history and ancestry of sorts I think.

Reaction score
I don't collect MOC, but I do appreciate the charm of retro price stickers. I'd like to own an original Kenner figure with a Gold Circle tag (Yoda would be my top choice), as that was one of the stores I bought figures at. Acme Clicks would be awesome, I spent a lot of time browsing the toy & pet department as a kid, while my parents went grocery shopping on the other side of the store, lol. I do have one older carded figure, Disco Lando, but its for the laughs, not as a prized collectible. It sports a Hills tag, another of my childhood stores I loved visiting.

View media item 400157

Reaction score
JCPenney and Lionel Playworld price tags are special to me. My Grandmother worked at JCPenney for over 25 years, and she bought me several Star Wars gifts from there. Lionel Playworld was special to me because that's where I'd ride my bike to with my allowance on the weekends to buy Star Wars and GI Joe for years.