Favorite POTJ?

Reaction score
Re: Favorite POTJ figs?

Spassvogel said:
I really like this Sandtrooper, but I still prefer the ones with more articulation. Even just ankle joints would've helped, it's hard to stand these guys up.

Great Point. I agree.

Reaction score

Squid Head is one of my favorites of the entire "modern" SW lines. He was one of my favorite vintage figures as well.

BoShek, K-3PO, Queen Amidala (from the beginning of TPM), Boss Nass, Chewie with the holochess table, Ellors Madak, FX-7, Zutton, R2-Q5, R4-M9, Jar Jar with the tongue sticking out....this line had tons of great figures. Sure, they're not all "super articulated", but the sculpts and paint schemes are top notch and fit in just right with the more recent lines.

Reaction score

POTJ was perhaps my favorite series of figures next to the Vintage Collection.

My Favorites:

Imperial Sandtrooper (great design and sculpt.)
Imperial Scout Trooper (amazing at the time.)
Jek Porkins (was soooo excited to get him)
Dagobah Wraith Vader (awesome figure, can't wait for the updated one)
Qui Gon Jinn Jedi Training Fatigues (love concepts)
Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Training Gear (again same as above)
Concept Darth Maul ( same as above)
Princess Leia Bespin Escape (needs to be redone in the Vintage)
Obi Wan Cold Weather Gear
Han Solo Bespin (improvment over the POTF figure)
Squid Head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bo Shek !!!!!!!!!!!!
Queen Amidala Theed Palace ( i remember the controversy of the non painted area under the dress)
FX-7 ( the amazing detail was out of this world)
Darth Maul with Sith Attack Droid (loved the pose of Maul)
Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon (Awesome)
300th Boba Fett( this was the figure to get)

Reaction score

Well, judging by the time of the release of this collection, sculpt and articulation standards of the early 2000's and todays figures, I'm gonna rate them by favorites and how good they still look with today's figures

1.) All of the Queen Amidala figures. Wow! We were lucky to get 2 (or 3 if you want to include Sabe) in one year. All are beautiful colorful additions to any collection.

2.) Bespin Escape Leia. This figure was one of my favorite Leia's when she first came out. And accurate height.

3.) Han Solo (Bespin Capture) - He was one of my top favorites. Likeness, articulation, and sculpt was superb.

4.) Lando Calrissian - Loved this figure and his detailed SG cape.

5.) FX-7 - Without a doubt the best of the collection. And still hold up nearly 10 years later.

6.) Plo Koon & Saesee Tiin - these figures are considered chess pieces now, but back in 2000-2001, this was the dawn of the emergence of background Jedi from the films.

7.) Coruscant Guard - I loved this figure when he first came out. I really enjoyed seeing new security forces being made into plastic.

8.) Tessek - Detailed figure and great additional background character

Reaction score

Porkins rocks. I'ts like they made a figure of me in a spacesuit.

Reaction score

Some have yet to be redone that are still terrific, such as snow and training gear Obi-Wan, training gear Qui-Gon, and some such as Sebulba and Ellors Madak are great aliens that have to be redone, but for now, these are our best figures of them.

RuleOfTwo said:
6.) Plo Koon & Saesee Tiin - these figures are considered chess pieces now, but back in 2000-2001, this was the dawn of the emergence of background Jedi from the films.
Plus, Plo Koon came with the first yellow lightsaber ever made!

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
Darth Maul with Sith Attack Droid (loved the pose of Maul)
This for sure. I loved the sculpt and the pose. And the first look we got at the torso tats. Articulation is completely outdated by today's standards, but this figure still just looks plain awesome.

Reaction score

FX-7 is my fave even though i kinda like Bespin Escape Leia and Boshek alot

Reaction score

Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
Revanfan1 said:
Plus, Plo Koon came with the first yellow lightsaber ever made!
Not quite. There's always Vintage Luke that had the first yellow lightsaber.

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtLuke.asp
Let me rephrase that, then. He came with the first modern yellow lightsaber ever made that was supposed to be yellow. Luke's yellow was inaccurate. However, during TPM, Plo's second lightsaber was yellow (his first was orange).

Reaction score

RuleOfTwo said:
The Episode I line included Ki-Adi Mundi (who did have a line, I suppose) and Adi Gallia - who had purple and red lightsabers.

I wish Jedi had other colors on screen in the prequels. In comics they had all sorts of colors, and then on screen they all got green and blue.

Reaction score

pohatu771 said:
RuleOfTwo said:
The Episode I line included Ki-Adi Mundi (who did have a line, I suppose) and Adi Gallia - who had purple and red lightsabers.

I wish Jedi had other colors on screen in the prequels. In comics they had all sorts of colors, and then on screen they all got green and blue.
I know! what would've been so wrong with oranges, yellows, silvers, and purples (besides Maces') flyin' aroung? Silly George.

Reaction score

To add to my previous list:

- 300th Boba Fett: Superb figure, though I agree it's more of a statue than an actual toy.

- Han Solo Bespin Capture: truly amazing figure, and a huge improvement over both the vintage & POTF2 versions. This was one of my favorite Han outfits from the OT.

- Eeth Koth: Though I'm not a huge PT fan, this was still a great Jedi figure; I especially like the expression & stance.

Also, re: the previous posts discussing the lightsaber colors in the films, I believe I remember reading/hearing somewhere that the reason Lflm. chose blue, red, and green as colors in the OT films was because these were the ones that looked best on-screen.

The only reason Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber in the PT was apparently because SLJ's favorite color is purple (or is one his favorite colors), and he fought for having his lightsaber be this color - note that I don't think this comes from any official source, and may be just a rumor.

I also remember hearing/reading that the reason Luke's lightsaber was green instead of blue in ROTJ was because a blue lightsaber couldn't be seen that well against the blue sky during the sail barge battle.

Reaction score

Both of those statements are true, as far as I know.

In the original trilogy, however, there were only four different lightsabers (ignoring the changes to Luke and Vader's between movies), so three colors isn't too odd.

Between the release of Episodes I and II, I had high hopes for different colors - we only saw two Jedi in Episode I (one of them being the same man from the original trilogy), but the toys showed red and purple. Then Episode II came along and we had an arena full of Jedi, and all of them were blue and green, except one. This was after seeing all sorts of things showing Yoda with a yellow lightsaber, etc.

Reaction score

The RFTs have to be my favourite. They really work nice to beef up my forces. Who can afford to army build at 10+ a piece with TVC? I can get POTJ RFTs for 3 each. I will get a few TVC RFTs but most will be POTJ, Saga, and Capture of Tantive BP.

Reaction score

Jcc2224Cody said:
The imperial Officer is a really neat figure. I also have a variant with blonde hair...anyone know where that one came from?
30th Anniversary Collection - Saga Legends. Check it out here.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Jcc2224Cody said:
The imperial Officer is a really neat figure. I also have a variant with blonde hair...anyone know where that one came from?
Actually the first release was in the SAGA line in 2002
:

Reaction score

Lt__Brenn_Tantor said:
PizzatheHut said:
Jcc2224Cody said:
:

SNIP
Actually the first release was in POTJ. Much like the POTJ Fleet trooper one was released. Then in the Saga line they released two different head sculpt variants. Then they put the Saga ones in the TAC Saga Legends.

Also Pizza Saga Legends are always repacks and maybe a slight repaint.

Reaction score

JCC1004 said:
Lt__Brenn_Tantor said:
PizzatheHut said:
Jcc2224Cody said:
:
Actually the first release was in POTJ. Much like the POTJ Fleet trooper one was released. Then in the Saga line they released two different head sculpt variants (Blonde). Then they put the Saga ones in the TAC Saga Legends.

Also Pizza Saga Legends are always repacks and maybe a slight repaint.
Jcc2224Cody ask for the blonde officer not the original officer, so snap

Reaction score

Lt__Brenn_Tantor, thank you for pointing out the blonde Imperial Officer dated farther back than I remembered. Sometimes these re-releases can get a little, mind-boggling.

JCC1004, thank you for the description of Saga Legends. But I'm fully aware what they are.

Reaction score
Darth Maul final duel who can re-enact being chopped in half is pretty sick. Then I would say Zutton and Ellors

Reaction score

Barely could tell the faceplate was removeable.

Best Dagobah Vader to date. All the other rehashes awful.

Reaction score
I did a Top 5 favorite POTF2 blog post, and was amazed how many people checked it out. As a follow-up, I intend to do one based on the POTJ line. I have a few fond memories of this one, as I was working part-time at the local FAO Schwarz as help for their Holiday season. I still remember all the episode 1 merchandise, the stacks of FAO-exclusive Fambaa's, and several POTJ figs. I squirreled away a Porkins of my own from my FAO days.

Though I will do a top 5, I did throw in an honorable mention, which will go to Shmi Skywalker. She would have been #5 on the list...except for her sorely-lacking-in-detail facial painting, and her jaundiced skin, making her too light to resemble Shmi's suntanned look in the film.

Reaction score
My favorite Power of the Jedi figures are

Bo Shek
Concept Darth Maul
Ellorrs Madak - New Hope Duro Cantina alien
Imperial officer(s)
IG-88 somehow in a way this figure is a little better than the 30th Anniversary Vintage style IG88 with holding the weapons
K3PO
Ketwol although I am old school and I prefer Lak Savrik the wolfman
Mas Amedda
Mon Calamari officer
Sabe - best looking figure of Sabe if you ask me
Sandtrooper
Teebo
Zutton
Zam Wessel Sneak Preview

Reaction score
I like the Queen Amidala in the red dress....not because the figure is the best, but that dress, to me, is so iconic of the character. (all because of the lightbulb eggs!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tough to pick a single fave, so I'll do 10...

1. Bespin Capture Han Solo - finally a Bespin Han with decent proportions (ie, not POTF2 He-Man proportions, tho the monkey arms bugged some)! And he could strike the "blasting Vader" pose! And he had a proper short-scope blaster in his holster (albeit gray instead of black)...

2. Bespin Guard - While flawed (open coat, odd likeness, etc) he had a TON of accessories and could wear them all at once!

3. Security Battle Droid - a nice sculpt, well-articulated while still being skinny (the lever was the only silly part), and I think he's the only Battle Droid sculpted to be able to PROPERLY hold his blaster in both hands! Even TVC's Battle Droid can't do that, really (bendy enough to do it, but it looks awkward).

4. Dagobah Vader - decent articulation, nice sculpt, well-executed removable facemask, a nice two-handed saber pose, nice translucent 'phantom' effect.

5. Mon Cala Officer - basically a repaint of POTF2 Ackbar, he was different enough to make him really appealing: he could HOLD accessories, unlike Ackbar, and he had a unique pistol and helmet.

6. Tessek - like others, 'Squid-Head' was a favorite Vintage figure and POTJ Tessek is pretty nice. Low on articulation, he was still a great sculpt and had a nice pistol/holster deal, especially nice since the pistol was sculpted to be reminiscent of his vintage gray blaster but NOT just a DH-17 Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster, which is what that vintage pistol sculpt was meant to be.

7. Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Training Gear - low on articulation, it was still an awesome outfit based on concept art. Closer to the kinds of outfits I expected we might see on Jedi in the PT, rather than just "Kenobi Tatooine gear with skirts of various lengths".

8. BoShek - I really want an SA upgrade of him, with a swappable 'helmet holding' hand so you can recreate his POTJ pose. Another thing I liked besides the character was his pistol: first time we got that SR-combat pistol in the line (aside from some POTF2-scale monstrosity, perhaps). The pistol was a little too small, but it's much nicer than the gigantic ones that have come with most TIE Pilots in recent years as well as Ponda Baba & Evazan.

9. Cold-Weather Gear Obi-Wan - again low on articulation, he's just too reminiscent of vintage Hoth Han to not love him. Blue coat, a backpack, a removable helmet. Just a fun 'offscreen adventure' figure. The Clone Wars' cold-weather Obi-Wan (OR Anakin!) aren't nearly as neat.

10. Ellors Madak - Mr. Pegwarmer, if he'd had more articulation I'd have snapped up several for custom fodder. I was thrilled to finally get a Duros, especially after seeing them tarnished with their cousin-species the Neimoidians in '99. Duros have an EU history of being among the oldest travelers among the stars, and I always equated that with them being a very populous race ala humans in the GFFA... EU, however, hasn't matched my expectations. I love seeing Duros characters pop up, and it doesn't happen nearly enough. Too many humans, IMO...

Reaction score
I forgot about the K-3PO figure. I love that they added this to the line. I'm always impressed when Hasbro gives the go-ahead for the background figures.

Reaction score
BoShek,Zutton and Tessek. How come Hasbro have made a few Squidhead guys from EU like the sith lord, pilot and soldier but never a redo of the Jabba's Palace one?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really liked the Slave Leia with the cannon. Likeness was off but the proportions and scale looked more like the character than the awkward modern version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boshek
Lando
concept Maul
Ananaman
rebel trooper
shmi
Zutton

Reaction score
Ellors Madak. Then BoShek and Ketwol as distant 2nd/3rd...