Favorite POTF2?

Reaction score
I've JUST started collecting again. I have a lot of figures from when I was a kid, pretty much all of the Power of the Force 2 collection. All loose and and a little worn but I just found them in a box in my garage and it brought back a lot of memories and made me want to start collecting again. I don't really know where to start. I'm thinking about starting with the Original Trilogy Collection (the 12 vintage figures) and work my way up (to vintage 12 back figures etc.) and may possibly want to start collecting the POTF in the packages since that is what I grew up with. Any advice on where to go from there? Any insight will help, thanks!

Reaction score
Bdsstarwars891 said:
I've JUST started collecting again. I have a lot of figures from when I was a kid, pretty much all of the Power of the Force 2 collection. All loose and and a little worn but I just found them in a box in my garage and it brought back a lot of memories and made me want to start collecting again. I don't really know where to start. I'm thinking about starting with the Original Trilogy Collection (the 12 vintage figures) and work my way up (to vintage 12 back figures etc.) and may possibly want to start collecting the POTF in the packages since that is what I grew up with. Any advice on where to go from there? Any insight will help, thanks!
My advice is to really research and find out which versions of each character you want is the best, and hunt for those items. Out of the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection, 8 of them have had better versions made since those came out. Good luck with your collection! Don't forget to have fun with it; that's something a LOT of folks around here forget these days.

Reaction score
My advice would be the start with what's currently available in the stores in your area. This way, at worst, you at least eliminate some possibilities without having to spend any money.

Reaction score
most of my favorites are within this picture of what I have left....especially my potf2 Luke x-wing pilot

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where did that Luke X-Wing Pilot come from? I don't remember seeing that figure back in the day, you sure it's not a custom figure?

Reaction score
Does anyone know about foreign cards. I have a few from the Shadows line but they are on Red Back Cards. They have GUERRE STELLARI written across the top. The figures are Chewy Bounty Hunter, Luke Imperial Guard, Prince Xizor, and Dash Rendar. Any info on these? Thanks

Reaction score
Most my POTF2 stuff is long gone, but I kept a few that I still really like to this day. Mainly 2-1B, the jawa/Gonk 2-pack, and Kabe and Muftak!

GNT

Reaction score
Ishi Tib and the Emperor are at the top of my list. Both still hold up extremely well by todays standards.

Reaction score
Bespin Luke Skywalker and CommTech Han Solo are my favorites. I used Han for display until the first Target 3-packs brought VOTC Han back into circulation, and I remember finding Luke at KB Toys around the time Episode II came out.

Reaction score
C-3PO on red card (which seems increasingly difficult for me to find these days), I also love Darth Vader with the removable helmet.

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's a Wedge body with a purchase of the droids Luke head. Fits perfectly!

Reaction score
Ishi Tib and the Emperor are at the top of my list. Both still hold up extremely well by todays standards.

At the time, Vader removable helmet was great. However I do agree Ishi Tib and the Emperor definitely hold up. Motti is a good figure also.

Reaction score
At the time, Vader removable helmet was great. However I do agree Ishi Tib and the Emperor definitely hold up. Motti is a good figure also.
I still think the POTF2 Emperor is the best modern version of this figure. Soft goods never worked quite right for this guy.

Reaction score
I know better than POTF2 are not the best figures but this line rise the star wars figure collection for good back in middle 90s. I liked to see PLENTY of the figures in store shelves. I particularly like the Boba Fett version, my first figure of this colecction, as time passed with new colecctions I bought a second boba fett but this time I preffered to keep it carded:

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only person alive that wasn't a fan of removable helmet Vader. Too short and bulky and the helmet sculpt was pretty much the same one as the 1995 original. Commtech Vader was much better. And of course the modern Vader figures are light years better. I'm not a big fan of Vader having a removable helmet in the movie to begin with but that's another story.

8D8 is still perfect to this day and still doesn't need an update. Ishi Tib , Admiral Motti and Oola still hold up well too. Prune Face was great and so was Lak Sivrak even though he's bulky with little articulation. He's still the only version of that character . Death Star Droid was very nice also...I believe that sculpt has been reused severe times since.

Last edited: