Favorite POTF2?

Reaction score
Re: Your POTF2 Fav\'s

here's my list:

Slave Leia - always wanted her as a kid and finally got her in my earl7 20's
Ree-Yees - one of my favorite figures from the vintage line and the POTF version was amazing (still needs a new Vintage Update....hint hint Hasbro)
Ewok Village Leia - another great figure from back in the day
TIE Fighter Pilot - awesome figure and worth every penny I paid at Disney World
Darth Vader - Removable Helmet - this was an awesome feature back in the day...loved it
Emperor Palpatine - while recent versions put this one to shame...he was a major improvement over the original vintage Emperor
R2-D2 - three legs OMG and I didn't have to buy the droid factory set to get the third.
Grand Moff Tarkin - absolutely amazing Peter Crushing sculpt and perhaps one of the best figures of that wave
Han Solo in Carbonite - love the new sculpted Carbonite Chamber and that was the main reason I wanted this figure...still have my original Vintage Carbonite chamber from Kenner but the new one was a work of art
Crowd Control Stormtrooper - I know this is one of those ridiculous accessory figures that not alot of people like but I loved the EU accessory and wanted to army build these guys.
Probe Droid - amazing new detailed sculpt of everyone's favorite Probot
Admiral Piett - another figure I always wanted as a kid - another great figure for Hasbro to make an update of on the Vintage cards...hint hint

Reaction score

My favorites:

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Yoda
Sandtrooper
Momaw Nadon
2-1B
Garindan

Reaction score

I love POTF2, just a fun line of toys. Especially the first wave of buff figures, some of my favorites are

Darth Vader (95)
Boba Fett (95)
Ben Kenobi (95)
Han Solo Hoth gear
Yoda (96)
Sandtrooper
Han Carbonite
Emperor (97)
Bespin Luke
Rebel Fleet trooper
Luke Floppy Hat (flash back)
Anakin Skywalker

The Emperor figure is still the best ROTJ version, same with floppy hat Luke (although the resergence of the jedi fig is pretty close to perfect). I love the rebel fleet trooper because he's so ridiculous. Yoda has one of, if not the best ESB head sculpt. Anakin Skywalker is awesome because it's Sebastian Shaw. And Han's Carbonite block, rocks. I think the line as a whole is really fun.

Reaction score

There were so many great figures, I really appreciate this whole line. I know they now get alot of heat because of some being out of scale, or too buff, or under-articulated, or not very detailed paint apps, but for their time, they were awesome. All but that missile firing R5-D4.

Reaction score

Of all the Star wars droids, that R5-D4 is THE one I don't have ...and don't want. And Lord knows I love droids, but that figure was...a mistake.

I really love some of the Jabba characters from the line, Ree Yees, Pote Snitkin, B'omarr Monk, the Vader with removeable helmet was the greatest thing since sliced bread to me for a while. Also love the AT-AT driver, some of the figures were incredible at the time, many still hold up.

Reaction score

I have a lot of fondness for most of POTF2. Some cool ones:

Flashback Yoda
Kabe and Muftak
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool
Bossk
Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet
Rancor

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
Figures: 8D8, YakFace.

The best part of POTF2 IMO were the plasets, Endor, carbon freezing chamber and the detention block rescue were great.
Adding the Max Rebo band pairs

Reaction score

honestly for me there are alot that i still like, im not going to try to name them all off but pretty much any of them that dont have the muscles look fine to me. i really cant stand the articulation obsession that seems to completely controll people these days.

Reaction score

I was reading some POTF2 threads from other websites, and I never realized how many people actually DESPISE this line. Yes I understand there's been upgrades but the simplicity and character selection, coupled with the nostalgia makes this one of my favorite lines, if not my favorite of all time.

Reaction score

I saw this topic and knew I had to respond

I started out with POTF2 back in January '97 when the special editions came out, so my first figure was the awesome Crowd Control Stormtrooper!
some of my favorites that stand out from the line are of course removable helmet Vader, Bespin Luke, Pote Snitkin, the Ewok and Jawa 2 packs, Slave Leia, Ree-Yees (possibly my all around favorite POTF2 fig)
And my holy grail.... AUNT BERU! saw one ONCE, but it was in the hands of someone that got to the toy section 30 seconds before I did
wound up winning a loose one on ebay a few years later, obviously from a smoking home, so she smells kinda rough haha, but I still got my Aunt Beru to serve blue milk to all the citizens of Mos Eisley

Reaction score

Yes, Beru Lars was a great figure, and quite HTF. This character was released at the tail-end of POTF2 (I believe it was sometime in early 1999) when stores were getting ready to mass-release the EP1 figures in early May of that year. So, I believe that Beru got shipped in smaller #'s - I only ever saw the one I actually got.

Reaction score

JGuar said:
I was reading some POTF2 threads from other websites, and I never realized how many people actually DESPISE this line. Yes I understand there's been upgrades but the simplicity and character selection, coupled with the nostalgia makes this one of my favorite lines, if not my favorite of all time.
100% agreed.

Reaction score

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Emperor yet! It truly is the best version of him after all these years.

Reaction score

Jedi_D said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Emperor yet! It truly is the best version of him after all these years.
Definitly! still the version I use for displays. and the one in the chair

Reaction score

Trooper8521 said:
Jedi_D said:
Definitly! still the version I use for displays. and the one in the chair
Completely agree. Odd how this is the best version 15 years later....

Reaction score

I totally agree with this! I keep a separate bin of all updated versions of the vintage figs, and the POTF Emperor is in there. All other other versions are horrible! The only ones that could even come close are the E1 Sidious and maybe the Palpatine from the ROTS line. But then technically this isn't "Emperor Palpatine" at all.

The problem I see with some of the newer figs is that Hasbro is trying to put articulation on figures at the expense of aesthetics. Like the VOTC Leia, for example. I don't like when they combine plastic with soft goods. It just looks awful IMHO. I would rather have an all-plastic figure with limited articulation than one that looks stupid but can breakdance.

This is the problem with the modern Emperors. The Legacy one's robe was just too dang long, and the Saga version...ugh...we should never mention that figure again. Just like Lucas disavows the Holiday Special, we, as a community, should come together to disavow this figure.

He looks like a zombie wrapped in a tarp.

Reaction score

DT_SnaggleYak said:
I totally agree with this! I keep a separate bin of all updated versions of the vintage figs, and the POTF Emperor is in there. All other other versions are horrible! The only ones that could even come close are the E1 Sidious and maybe the Palpatine from the ROTS line. But then technically this isn't "Emperor Palpatine" at all.

The problem I see with some of the newer figs is that Hasbro is trying to put articulation on figures at the expense of aesthetics. Like the VOTC Leia, for example. I don't like when they combine plastic with soft goods. It just looks awful IMHO. I would rather have an all-plastic figure with limited articulation than one that looks stupid but can breakdance.

This is the problem with the modern Emperors. The Legacy one's robe was just too dang long, and the Saga version...ugh...we should never mention that figure again. Just like Lucas disavows the Holiday Special, we, as a community, should come together to disavow this figure.
He looks like a zombie wrapped in a tarp.
I Completely agree - the POTF2 Emperor (1997) is the best version of the character so far.

Also, a close second is the POTF2 Emperor Episode 1 "Flashback" figure (late 1998); this appears to be using the same earlier POTF2 sculpt, with the exception of the hands - this was nice because it had the "force lightning" attachments. I remember back in the '80's when the vintage Emperor came out, I thought it would have been cool to have this lightning effect somehow on the figure.

Also agree that the Saga version is execrable.

Reaction score

My favorite POTF2 figures:

Luke Jedi (tan vest)
Tie Pilot
Han Endor
Gam. Guard
Yak Face
Hoth Luke
Darth Vader (Removable Helmet)
Lando General
Emperor Palpatine
Hoth/Endor Rebel Troopers
Slave Leia

Reaction score

Cantina Aliens 3 pack

Aunt Beru (awesome butterfly collar)

Jek Porkins

Bossk

R1-G4

Jawa two pack

Darth Vader w/removable helmet

Slave Leia

Duros

that's pretty much it for me.

Reaction score

These are mostly Commtech figures, I admit, but they are my favorites:

Bespin Luke Skywalker... I found it on the rack at KB Toys just before the POTJ figures came out... there were very few figures at all, I remember. I'm considering getting rid of a bunch of my older figures now, but I don't think I could get rid of this one, despite having the TVC version now.

Han Solo (Commtech) - It's almost perfect. His knees could bend all the way, and actually sit at a table. This is still the figure I use for most Han scenes.

Darth Vader (Commtech) - I use it for any non-action scene I set up. His cape lies flat, instead of flaring out, his lightsaber is on his belt, and he makes Force-choke finger pinches.

Greedo (Commtech) - I have the newer version, but I'm keeping this one too. I had it for a year or so before I noticed the hole in his chest.

Also, the Millennium Minted Coin C-3PO. This was the only Original Trilogy Threepio I owned until last summer, when I noticed the gold was flaking off and I replaced it with the Endor Throne figure. He's now displayed next to his coin, where he belonged all along.

Reaction score

Han Solo in Hoth Gear
Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Fatigues)
Yoda (first release)
The Emperor
Darth Vader (first release)

I loved all my POTF2, but these ones stick out for some reason

Reaction score

I still remember when they released the Episode 4 wave of 8 figures...right when they changed from red-sabered cards to green-sabered cards. That wave was fun to collect, though I never did get the Death Star Gunner. I also remember the R5-D4 debacle when he opened up and launched a missile. I parted with him a month ago (almost couldn't bear to do so).

Of course, those figures came out right before the launch of the Special Editions, so it was fun to collect them then. And of course, we were hearing the early rumblings of the prequels beginning to take shape.

Though I always remember Entertainment Weekly running an article if Lucas was crazy to re-release the Star Wars films in theaters. One paragraphed ended with this:

"As General Tarkin said, 'I'm taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work."

Reaction score

Just opened Pote Snitkin for the first time. Articulation clearly can't compare with the quality of today, but man, what a head sculpt! They definitely nailed that.

Reaction score

My fav has to be long saber Obi-Wan. This was one I bought in a comic store yrs ago. Probably one of the figures that got me started collecting.

Reaction score

Hmm, my top 5 POTFII would have to be...

1- Commtech Stormtrooper:
I have 11 of these guys. There nice army builders that you can get for a cheap price. There articulation isn't bad either, considering the time period

2- 8D8 :
I have cherished memories with my 8D8 figure. I received him as a surprise one random gloomy day. Sadly, his arm broke, and I replaced him. I still have the old armless one in my collection, though.

3- "Dopey" Han Solo:
This figure is just flat out funny! His face makes me laugh every time I see him in my collection room!

4- Motti:
Who doesn't love Motti! his lack of faith is pretty disturbing, but the fact that you can make him pick his nose tops it! Even though I have the "Death Star Briefing" re-paint, this figure is still pretty good!

5- 2-1B:
2-1B is my favorite Alliance droid! He's pretty cool, too. I have all the versions, Vintage, POTF2, and TAC. This figure's really neat!

Reaction score
The Emperor- regarding Emp's, I still consider this one THE figure. I guess he also reminds me of the original series Emperor.

Darth Vader (removable helmet)- Even with the newer versions, I still love this original release. If I recall, I found this at Target when I went out one evening, and just loved the ability to finally have one of these.

Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner) - just like rh-Vader, I prefer the original to all the more recent variations. And I rather like the sculpt on this one better.

C-3PO (removable limbs) - This was one of the few I bought from a secondary store at the time, since he was nowhere on the shelves.

Admiral Motti/Grand Moff Tarkin - it was interesting to see these two suited guys out there. I remember seeing Richard LeParmentier at Wizard World in the early 2000's and he had some boxes of these to sign.

Aunt Beru - saw this in a collectibles store the other day, and still feel the sculpt was pretty well done.

The POTF's regarding ANH figures: these were the 6-8 that came out right when the cards went from red-sabered to green-sabered. It was also right before the SE's came out, so these stick in my head quite a bit...even the attack R5-D4. I remember all the teeth-gnashing at Kenner making him missile-armed.

Reaction score
My favorite Power of the Force 2 figures where they look good with straight arms or at least one straight arm and one slightly preposed bent arm, etc

Pote snitkin
Ishi Tib
AT-ST figure
Death Star Gunner
Nien Nunb
the first Emperor Palpatine figure
Emperor Royal Guard
the 2 Jawas
Jawa with Gonk power droid
C-3PO
R2-D2
the last New Hope Leia figure before the POTF2 line ended

Reaction score
I have a question about the comtech Stormtrooper. whats its articulation like? Is it all swivel or what?