Favorite POTF2?

Reaction score
Re: Your POTF2 Fav\'s

here's my faves following the order of Sansweet's (CLASSIC) Action Figure Archives:
-R2-D2 (because his exterior was actually sculpted instead of a crummy sticker
)
-Boba Fett (because for years I had one on my computer next to the vintage version)
-Han Carbo (the sculpt on the block still looks awesome)
-Bossk (still a beautiful sculpt)
-Slave Leia (wha wha wha
)
-Gamorrean Guard (still a beautiful sculpt)
-Han Trooper (he came free with Froot Loops)
-B'Omarr Monk (wicked)
-Cantina Band (because I always wanted one as a kid
)
-removable helmet Vader (who didn't want one as a kid?)
-Zuckuss (still looks pretty cool and the whole name change controversy)
-Ree-Yees (a space drunkard who still looks AWESOME!)
-Wuher (because I always wanted one as a kid / it's a grumpy bartender who talks / it's the last official basic fig of the line / because he flippen rules, that's why
)

nice topic!
Randy

Reaction score

The POTF2 Pilots 3 Pack (Wedge, Ten Numb, & Fake Arvel) is probably my single most favorite of all the POTF2 stuff. I actually found it MIB today for $7, gave me such a nostalgic feeling when I bought it....I forgot how much I like POTF2, it's innocent and so nostalgic.

Reaction score

This question comes up a lot, and I always answer it because I love POTF2 so much! As the post above me says, it's got an innocence akin to the original Kenner line, that was lost as the line moved on.
Anyway, in no particular order (sorry, I haven't got time to say WHY, but hopefully the choices should speak for themselves!):

1. Bossk
2. Ree-Yees
3. Admiral Ackbar
4. Grand Moff Tarkin
5. Nien Nunb
6. Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
7. Gamorrean Guard
8. First release Tatooine Luke Skywalker (this one might need explaining as everyone else hates "He-Luke". Me, I love him. He's everything that was right with old-school SW toys, and highlights everything that is wrong with stuff from the last few years. The drive for articulation and accuracy has killed the fun from the line recently, and this figure in all his exaggerated, heroic glory, reminds us that these are toys and kids would have a great time with this Luke figure, and not get all het up that he isn't a duplicate of Mark Hammill shrunk down to 3.75")

Reaction score

original c3po still hangs on my rearview mirror just incase i need a translation

deluxe boba fett was dumb but soooo cool at the same time.

any potf2 luke head sculpt still looks way better than the TAC rancor battle/DS2 luke

and of course there is han, still the most harrison ford looking fig to date

Reaction score

POTF2 figs that I still like ...

Gamorrean Guard
C-3PO
R2-D2

Rancor
Bantha

As for the rest, I'm glad they're being replaced. And none too soon.

Reaction score

One thing POTF2 managed to do which the modern lines can't is get consistency with their character facial sculpts. Compare TAC Jedi Luke to Ceremonial Luke to VTSC Bespin Luke...are these even supposed to be the same person!?! At least POTF2 Lukes all looked the same; whether they looked like Mark Hammill is another matter, but that's a charged that can be levelled against all modern sculpts too.

Reaction score

I said this in the vehicle thread, but as a kid, I loved the Cruisemissle Trooper. I know, I know, it's pretty stupid looking back, but it was something new and inventive. Plus if only the Trooper could come out, it might actually be pretty cool.

Reaction score

The figure I wanted so much was Darth Vader w/ removable helmet. I got it at MGM when I was 7 and I loved it until my dog ate it. I cried. Now after 9 years I bought one on EBAY and left it in the card. Then soon after bought a loose one to play with. Now I'm 18 and I just bought the new Legacy Darth Vader, but the first one will always be my favorite.

Reaction score

the original Han fig still has one of the best HF head sculpts ever IMO. I will also give props to:

Boba
Jedi Luke
Disguised Lando
and I'm sure there are others

Reaction score

My favorite POTF2 figure is the mail away Han Stormtrooper from Fruit Loops. It was so much fun getting him in the mail, and I really like design of the add in the back of the box.

Reaction score

For nostalgic purposes:

-R2-D2 (My first "before-even-seeing-the-movies" figure!)
-C-3PO (Was one of the hardest to find back in the day but it was great when I did)
-Yoda
-Jawas (pretty much the same reason as Threepio)

Other cool figures
-All the Darth Vaders were pretty sweet (they all had something cool about them!)
-The Greedo with the new sculpt

Reaction score

The weird variants, like:

Open-handed Hoth Han
Closed-handed Tusken
Long saber, short saber/long tray Luke, Ben, Vader
Various circle hand Boba

They're just more wacky then the current CW clean trooper and clean Rex.

Reaction score

All for nostalgic reasons:

R2, Vader, Stormie, Boba, TIE fighter pilot, Snowtrooper with cannon, Probot, Ponda, Long Snoot, Greedo, Jawa, Hammerhead, Sandtrooper, Jabba deluxe, Cantina cinema scene, B'ommar monk mail-away, Spirit of Obi-Wan mail-away, Muftak and Kabe mail-away, Scout Trooper with speeder bike, Emperor (actually still like this version better than any of the new Emperor versions), 2-1B, Bossk, IG-88 (Shadows of the Empire 2-pack with Boba), Flashback Hoth Chewie, Flashback Vader, 8D8, EV-9D9, Saelt-Marae...

...and I know I'm forgetting some. Probably too many to mention, really (and too much nostalgia).

Reaction score

Flashback Yoda
New Likeness Leia
Training Luke
Jawas
Hammerhead
Emperor
2-1B
Bossk
IG88

Reaction score

I absolutely loved SOTE on the N64, and when I got my hands on a Dash Rendar figure...oh man, I played with that one so much. Always have firefights between him, Fett, and some stormtroopers.

Also really liked the X-Wing Luke, cause my only two vehicles were a snowspeeder and X-Wing.

Reaction score

The first removable helmet Vader may still be my favourite figure of all the lines. Also liked the Tarkin quite a bit. The Death Star Duel Vader had a neat sculpt. Death Star Escape cinema scene could still be the best looking boxed product.

Reaction score

My first figure I got as a birthday gift was Han Solo in Hoth Gear, and Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues. And my all time fav. Vader w/ removable helmet.

Reaction score

I like he ASP droid, the skiff guard pack, Zuckuss, and Obi-wan. Obi-wan was the first figure I ever got. I also love the bantha; it's superior to the modern version.

Reaction score

At the time, I loved the Power F/X figures. Thought it was so cool to have the figures with light up sabers. The Emperor had the light up force lightning. I loved how you could connect the bases together to recreate either Ben, and Vader's duel from ANH, or Luke, and Vader's duel from RotJ.

Reaction score

DarthHavok1 said:
At the time, I loved the Power F/X figures. Thought it was so cool to have the figures with light up sabers. The Emperor had the light up force lightning. I loved how you could connect the bases together to recreate either Ben, and Vader's duel from ANH, or Luke, and Vader's duel from RotJ.
I kind of wish they would bring back a line simalar to this. I always kind of wanted a Chewbacca figure that growled. And, I'm not talking commtech.

Reaction score

Possibly Luke as Jedi Knight or Luke as Stormy, I'll have to update this post if I change my mind.

Reaction score

seems like it's mostly jabba's goons that held up well:
pote snitkin
gammorean guard
max rebo
weequay skiff guard
salacious crumb

Reaction score

Some of my favorites:

- Logray, still on par with all the modern figures today!
- Ishi Tib
- Ackbar
- Tarkin

Reaction score

Commtech Han and Greedo were, and still are great figures, although I always think of them as more POTJ figures than POTF2.

Ponda Baba I always liked, although I still always think of him as Walrus Man.
Or Bum-face.

The Sandtroopers were pretty cool. The weathering and extra gear made them a great augment to the regular Stormies. I really liked that attention to detail.

I suppose the thing I liked most about POTF2 though, was the fact that YOU COULD ACTUALLY GET THEM! You could walk into any number of stores here in the UK and see full shelves of figures, vehicles and accessories.

Now, it's March, and there's not been so much as a sniff of TLC figures anywhere near me.

Long live POTF2!

Reaction score

For figures, I have always liked Boba Fett, Luke in X-Wing gear, Dash Rendar, and the Storm/Snowtroopers.

For ships, it would be the FX X-Wing, Outrider and Snowspeeder.

Reaction score

Darth Vader w/ removable helmet. This was the pinnacle of the POTF2 line IMO.

Reaction score

here are my faves for the POTF2 line :

Tarkin
sandtrooper
boba fett
commtech trooper

Reaction score

The Max Rebo band
Commtech Leia
Pote Snitkin
Zuckuss
8D8
EV-9D9
Ishi Tib

Reaction score

Some of my favorites include:

1) Luke as stormie
2) Boushh
3) 2-1B

I also liked Luke in Dagobah gear. I would always put Yoda in Luke's backpack while he was "training". I loved these figures as a kid!

Reaction score

Flashback card Yoda
Flashback card Obi-Wan
Flashback card Luke
Flashback card Emperor
Han Hoth
Hammerhead
Bossk
Zuckuss
8D8
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Deluxe Probe Droid
Jawa & Ronto
Boba Fett
Death Star Droid
Wampa
Nabrun Leids
pull apart 3PO
AT-ST Driver
Commtech Leia
Ponda Baba
Dewback W/Sandtrooper
Sandtrooper (carded)
Oola
Lyn me
Greeata

Reaction score

flashback Obi Wan, Flashback emperor, regular emperor, Ev 9D9, Yak Face, Boba Fett, Removable Helmet Vader

AMG

Reaction score

3 3/4" Figures:

Jabba the Hutt (that came in the beast pack with Han).
Bossk
Bib Fortuna
IG88
Jawas (I have a small army of these little guys.)

Vehicles:

Falcon
Vader's Tie Fighter (Nice improvement over the original.)