Favorite EU toys...

Reaction score
So for the Canon EU(non Disney) what's your favorite toy made?

It can be a Hasbro figure, Galoob Micro Machine/Action Fleet, X-wing Miniatures, etc.

Mine is the Corran Horn and whistler 2 pack for the figures and the SOTE micro machines and miniatures.

what's yours? :{D

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Was going to be Thrawn but since he's back in canon it'll be Kyle Kartan or the Imperial Sentinel, the IS was based off the comic art of Cam Kennedy which is based off the prototype for the Kenner the Epic continues new villain that was not to be, Atha Prime!

Reaction score
Was going to be Thrawn but since he's back in canon it'll be Kyle Kartan or the Imperial Sentinel, the IS was based off the comic art of Cam Kennedy which is based off the prototype for the Kenner the Epic continues new villain that was not to be, Atha Prime!
Thrawn never left the canon though?

Cool choices. :{D

Reaction score
Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Still waiting for an update on both.

Action Fleet E-wing and the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. While Rogue 2 was in ESB, the color scheme was not. Thought it was always cool looking.

Reaction score
Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Still waiting for an update on both.

Action Fleet E-wing and the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. While Rogue 2 was in ESB, the color scheme was not. Thought it was always cool looking.
Nice! Yeah they should have never released the B-wing Outrider toy. I hope they remake the Outrider and Dash too.

I know the set for Celebration of the cargo hold is the Outrider. It has a plaque and everything.

I never had the E-wing AF toy, but man did I always want one. Great choice.

And is the R2 SS the red one? :{D

Reaction score
I'm glad the Outrider was released, just wish they didn't give it a B-wing feature. SOTE is my favorite old EU story. I have almost all Outrider collectibles - the POTF vehicle, both variants of the Micro Machines, Titanium ship and from the X-wing miniatures game.

I would have also said the Action Fleet TIE Defender, as I played a lot of the X-wing PC games - mainly X-wing Alliance. However, that was brought back into canon this past season of Rebels.

This is the Action Fleet Rogue 2 Snowspeeder

Reaction score
I'm glad the Outrider was released, just wish they didn't give it a B-wing feature. SOTE is my favorite old EU story. I have almost all Outrider collectibles - the POTF vehicle, both variants of the Micro Machines, Titanium ship and from the X-wing miniatures game.

I would have also said the Action Fleet TIE Defender, as I played a lot of the X-wing PC games - mainly X-wing Alliance. However, that was brought back into canon this past season of Rebels.

This is the Action Fleet Rogue 2 Snowspeeder

It never left the canon. Disney just says that.

I've never seen that snowspeeder. And the pilots are white/light grey? The dark color looks like a volcano erupting(the aft section of the SS being the plume).

what's the story with that snowspeeder?

Those X-wing miniatures like the Outrider, Ghost, and bounty hunter ships are really cool.

I played the X-wing series too. Love it still. :{D

Reaction score
Haha no idea why the Snowspeeder has those colors. Just one of the variants basically. There's also an A-wing variant that's green. Its the same color design as the green Saga A-wing.

Reaction score
Just a clarification for any trolls wanting to talk about Disney fan fiction here: this is for the George Lucas canon. :{J

Reaction score
I once did a complete review of every EU toy, and there have been A LOT more than people realize. Some of the old Micro Machine ships were really cool and unexpected, like the Ssi-Ruuk transport from The Truce at Bakura. But 3.75” is my real passion and a very short list might look like this:

10). Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
9). Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax Comic Pack
8). Mouse/Basso Comic Pack
7). Quinlan Vos/Vilmarh Grahrk Comic Pack
6). A’sharad Hett/The Dark Woman Comic Pack
5). BL-17 from Droid Factory
4). K’Kruhk
3). The Sith Legacy Evolutions, featuring Bane, Nihilus, and Shirtless Maul (it was such a bone Hasbro threw to collectors, and I still can’t believe they made it).
2). I-5YQ from Droid Factory
1). Jacen and Jaina (so validating and gratifying)

So many of those Droid Factory and Build-a-Droids were amazing nods to the EU. They were a heads up to so many EU sources. I once told my wife that I wanted to be buried with HK-47.

Reaction score
I own several of the old Droids and Ewoks figures, including Tig Fromm and several prototypes. All of them make me smile every time I think about them.

Reaction score
The Comic Packs have to be the favorite for me. Still can't believe we got figures of Lumiya, Villie, T'ra and Tholme, Plourr, Ibtisam and N'rin, Kir Kanos, Montross, Borsk, Jarael, Darth Talon, Darth Krayt, .... I mean the list goes on and on, and yet they could have done sooooooooooo many more. They left so many incomplete like:

no Zayne Carrick for KOTOR, no Dass Jennir for Dark Times, no Jariah Syn, Wolf Shazen or Shado Vao for Legacy, no Celeste Mourne from Vector, no new Dash, Leebo, or Guri for SOTE, no Piggy or Runt for X-wing, no Joruus C'baoth for HTTE.

There's always more to want I realize, but man they left some EU holes.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the SOTE toy releases and have a few figures and Dash Rendar’s Outrider. I liked the fact that it was virtually a movie release without the movie. the packaging design was pretty cool, too and I was always just a little bit disappointed that the didn’t release the Falcon in the newer design.

Thrawn was was a must have.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the SOTE toy releases and have a few figures and Dash Rendar’s Outrider. I liked the fact that it was virtually a movie release without the movie. the packaging design was pretty cool, too and I was always just a little bit disappointed that the didn’t release the Falcon in the newer design.

Thrawn was was a must have.
oh yeah well that was Star Wars first big trans media push. They had the comic, book, game and toys all launch at about the same time. They even considered making it a movie but it fell through.