Favorite EU toys...

Reaction score
So for the Canon EU(non Disney) what's your favorite toy made?

It can be a Hasbro figure, Galoob Micro Machine/Action Fleet, X-wing Miniatures, etc.

Mine is the Corran Horn and whistler 2 pack for the figures and the SOTE micro machines and miniatures.

what's yours? :{D

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Was going to be Thrawn but since he's back in canon it'll be Kyle Kartan or the Imperial Sentinel, the IS was based off the comic art of Cam Kennedy which is based off the prototype for the Kenner the Epic continues new villain that was not to be, Atha Prime!

Reaction score
Was going to be Thrawn but since he's back in canon it'll be Kyle Kartan or the Imperial Sentinel, the IS was based off the comic art of Cam Kennedy which is based off the prototype for the Kenner the Epic continues new villain that was not to be, Atha Prime!
Thrawn never left the canon though?

Cool choices. :{D

Reaction score
Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Still waiting for an update on both.

Action Fleet E-wing and the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. While Rogue 2 was in ESB, the color scheme was not. Thought it was always cool looking.

Reaction score
Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Still waiting for an update on both.

Action Fleet E-wing and the Rogue 2 Snowspeeder. While Rogue 2 was in ESB, the color scheme was not. Thought it was always cool looking.
Nice! Yeah they should have never released the B-wing Outrider toy. I hope they remake the Outrider and Dash too.

I know the set for Celebration of the cargo hold is the Outrider. It has a plaque and everything.

I never had the E-wing AF toy, but man did I always want one. Great choice.

And is the R2 SS the red one? :{D

Reaction score
I'm glad the Outrider was released, just wish they didn't give it a B-wing feature. SOTE is my favorite old EU story. I have almost all Outrider collectibles - the POTF vehicle, both variants of the Micro Machines, Titanium ship and from the X-wing miniatures game.

I would have also said the Action Fleet TIE Defender, as I played a lot of the X-wing PC games - mainly X-wing Alliance. However, that was brought back into canon this past season of Rebels.

This is the Action Fleet Rogue 2 Snowspeeder

Reaction score
I'm glad the Outrider was released, just wish they didn't give it a B-wing feature. SOTE is my favorite old EU story. I have almost all Outrider collectibles - the POTF vehicle, both variants of the Micro Machines, Titanium ship and from the X-wing miniatures game.

I would have also said the Action Fleet TIE Defender, as I played a lot of the X-wing PC games - mainly X-wing Alliance. However, that was brought back into canon this past season of Rebels.

This is the Action Fleet Rogue 2 Snowspeeder

It never left the canon. Disney just says that.

I've never seen that snowspeeder. And the pilots are white/light grey? The dark color looks like a volcano erupting(the aft section of the SS being the plume).

what's the story with that snowspeeder?

Those X-wing miniatures like the Outrider, Ghost, and bounty hunter ships are really cool.

I played the X-wing series too. Love it still. :{D

Reaction score
Haha no idea why the Snowspeeder has those colors. Just one of the variants basically. There's also an A-wing variant that's green. Its the same color design as the green Saga A-wing.

Reaction score
I once did a complete review of every EU toy, and there have been A LOT more than people realize. Some of the old Micro Machine ships were really cool and unexpected, like the Ssi-Ruuk transport from The Truce at Bakura. But 3.75” is my real passion and a very short list might look like this:

10). Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
9). Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax Comic Pack
8). Mouse/Basso Comic Pack
7). Quinlan Vos/Vilmarh Grahrk Comic Pack
6). A’sharad Hett/The Dark Woman Comic Pack
5). BL-17 from Droid Factory
4). K’Kruhk
3). The Sith Legacy Evolutions, featuring Bane, Nihilus, and Shirtless Maul (it was such a bone Hasbro threw to collectors, and I still can’t believe they made it).
2). I-5YQ from Droid Factory
1). Jacen and Jaina (so validating and gratifying)

So many of those Droid Factory and Build-a-Droids were amazing nods to the EU. They were a heads up to so many EU sources. I once told my wife that I wanted to be buried with HK-47.

Reaction score
I own several of the old Droids and Ewoks figures, including Tig Fromm and several prototypes. All of them make me smile every time I think about them.

Reaction score
The Comic Packs have to be the favorite for me. Still can't believe we got figures of Lumiya, Villie, T'ra and Tholme, Plourr, Ibtisam and N'rin, Kir Kanos, Montross, Borsk, Jarael, Darth Talon, Darth Krayt, .... I mean the list goes on and on, and yet they could have done sooooooooooo many more. They left so many incomplete like:

no Zayne Carrick for KOTOR, no Dass Jennir for Dark Times, no Jariah Syn, Wolf Shazen or Shado Vao for Legacy, no Celeste Mourne from Vector, no new Dash, Leebo, or Guri for SOTE, no Piggy or Runt for X-wing, no Joruus C'baoth for HTTE.

There's always more to want I realize, but man they left some EU holes.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the SOTE toy releases and have a few figures and Dash Rendar’s Outrider. I liked the fact that it was virtually a movie release without the movie. the packaging design was pretty cool, too and I was always just a little bit disappointed that the didn’t release the Falcon in the newer design.

Thrawn was was a must have.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the SOTE toy releases and have a few figures and Dash Rendar’s Outrider. I liked the fact that it was virtually a movie release without the movie. the packaging design was pretty cool, too and I was always just a little bit disappointed that the didn’t release the Falcon in the newer design.

Thrawn was was a must have.
oh yeah well that was Star Wars first big trans media push. They had the comic, book, game and toys all launch at about the same time. They even considered making it a movie but it fell through.

Reaction score
some of my favorite EU toys were the comic 2 packs. we were treated to so many awesome characters that it was like Christmas all the time tracking down the packs and finding the new ones.

I also loved the original Kenner line of Dark Empire figures. the sculpts of the characters were great at the time especially the clone Emperor, plus the added mini cardboard diorama was a neat addition as well:

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be Yoda & Kybuck - great set, and it was in the basic line, when Hasbro really gave us some amazing value with our purchases. Its from the opening scene of the Clone Wars shorts, and really sparked the imagination.

The comic pack line has to be my favorite assortment though, it brought us so many awesome figures and exposed collectors to a variety of new characters. I continue to pick these up, as I didn't purchase them all when originally released.

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be Yoda & Kybuck - great set, and it was in the basic line, when Hasbro really gave us some amazing value with our purchases. Its from the opening scene of the Clone Wars shorts, and really sparked the imagination.

The comic pack line has to be my favorite assortment though, it brought us so many awesome figures and exposed collectors to a variety of new characters. I continue to pick these up, as I didn't purchase them all when originally released.
The Yoda & Kybuck were great figures.. I remember seeing this is in the opening of the old animated CW cartoon and wanting one asap. couldn't believe it when Hasbro actually released the figure.

Reaction score
another entry in the awesome Kenner Expanded Universe line is the Dark Trooper from perhaps my second favorite SW Video Game: DARK FORCES. I remember playing this game over and over again and just loving the story, action and battles.. When Kenner announced they were making figures of the Dark Trooper and Kyle Katarn I was super excited.

Reaction score
always loved the figures that Kenner made in its Expanded Universe line including the cool Cardboard dioramas on the back of the package. here's a few more from the 1998 Expanded Universe collection:

Imperial Sentinel (Dark Empire) - I have extra's of this figure and plan on making the Epic Continues Atha Prime character

Imperial Space Trooper (Heir to the Empire)

hopefully tonight I'll get the chance to finish photographing the rest of the wave and posting in the upcoming days this week

Reaction score
Grand Admiral Thrawn: I remember how cool it was to finally have a figure of the Grand Admiral. He remains to this day my favorite villain from the Expanded Universe..

Princess Leia Organa: This is a Leia figure is either hit or miss for me. I like the fact that we got a Dark Empire Leia but the figure is meh at best once you remove the cape feature.

Luke Skywalker: Reading the classic Dark Empire comic I was shocked when our hero turns to the dark side and becomes Vader-like and apprentice to the clone Emperor Palpatine

Kyle Katarn: Dark Forces remains to this day my 2nd all time favorite PC game (TIE Fighter being #1) so when we finally got a Kyle Katarn I was excited (even though they blended his look from Dark Forces and Dark Forces II) I wish Kenner gave us a Jan Ors figure and a Moldy Crow ship.

Mara Jade: Heir to the Empire introduced us to a yet unknown hero and character that we would eventually all fall in love with and weep for as well in the coming years. Mara Jade was just a great character and Kenner did her justice with this figure. Of course Hasbro would give us more articulated versions of Mara but it was Kenner that 1st tackled the Expanded Universe with this Awesome wave of figures.

Reaction score
Wow you guys touched on a ton of these already! The comic 2 packs for sure, especially the original '70s marvel comics with the funky paint schemes to match the comics. Heir to the Empire and Dark Empire were incredible as many already said.

But my personal favorites were the Force Unleased PS3 game figures! So many, all so incredible!! To this day, my favorite Vader figure ever made!

Reaction score
I love that Shaak Ti figure, as far as I'm concerned, that's how her story ends, since Lucas approved it, and deleted all her ROTS death scenes. That final wave of Legacy with all EU characters was a real treat for collectors, but very HTF - I spotted it once at TRU and never again.

Reaction score
I love that Shaak Ti figure, as far as I'm concerned, that's how her story ends, since Lucas approved it, and deleted all her ROTS death scenes. That final wave of Legacy with all EU characters was a real treat for collectors, but very HTF - I spotted it once at TRU and never again.

Some of those are really cool.
that final wave of figures in 2010 was by far some of the best stuff Hasbro ever produced... especially the Phase 1 Dark Trooper. I remember being terrified of those guys in the Dark Forces game. The Space Trooper was a massive improvement as well over the Kenner figure and the addition of the Solo twins was a great treat to the diehard Expanded Universe fans.

Reaction score

I got the Dark Trooper, Space Trooper, and Shaak Ti from this line but never saw K'Kruhk or the Solos. Of course those end up costing a small fortune so I'll likely never get them.

Reaction score
dug out a few of my favorites over the weekend.. The Kenner Expanded Universe vehicle line:

Snowspeeder / Air Speeder

Speeder Bike

Cloud Car

Reaction score
Great pics., especially the Force Unleashed Vader w/removable helmet and the Shaak Ti Legacy figure - both of those are amazing; also really dig the card art on both figures. The FU Vader figure is far cooler than the POTF2 version (1998).

Though I was collecting at the time, I never saw either of those @ retail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great pics., especially the Force Unleashed Vader w/removable helmet and the Shaak Ti Legacy figure - both of those are amazing; also really dig the card art on both figures. The FU Vader figure is far cooler than the POTF2 version (1998).

Though I was collecting at the time, I never saw either of those @ retail.
I used to own all the regular releases of the Force Unleashed line, including that Shaak Ti. Ironically, I never had those Wal Mart 3 packs I show though. I just never got into buying them. The art during that time, the shape of the card backs was all so incredible back then. I also agree, to me it is the best Battle Damaged Vader there is. I owned two of them (MOC and an opener). The helmet and chest piece fit perfectly, you could not really tell it was damaged underneath. But of course who wanted a regular Vader, so I would show him all messed up!

Reaction score
I don't actually own any of those concept vehicle / figure combos, because I don't buy large vehicles - I'm more of a Micro Machines & diecast guy. I do love the concept ships from Action Fleet, Hot Wheels, etc though. I have considered buying the speeder, because I'll buy small mini rig type vehicles, but that's usually it. I did pick up the EU swoop though - the figure makes for a cool background character:

Reaction score
I used to own all the regular releases of the Force Unleashed line, including that Shaak Ti. Ironically, I never had those Wal Mart 3 packs I show though. I just never got into buying them. The art during that time, the shape of the card backs was all so incredible back then. I also agree, to me it is the best Battle Damaged Vader there is. I owned two of them (MOC and an opener). The helmet and chest piece fit perfectly, you could not really tell it was damaged underneath. But of course who wanted a regular Vader, so I would show him all messed up!

I love the Force Unleashed Battle Damaged Vader... an amazing figure with great details.