Favorite EU novels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For the Canon EU(non Disney) what's your favorite novel?

Mine is the Jedi Academy trilogy's Jedi Search and the NJO series' Vector Prime and Star by Star.

The Bounty Hunter tales and wars novels are too. :{D

Reaction score
I mean the thread says "EU" not "old EU" or "Legends", so anything goes. He didn't even say anything trolling, he literally gave a valid opinion.

....OH he's banned. Still got a feeling he'll be back.

Reaction score
Let me clarify for the trolls bringing up the Disney fan fictions, this is for George Lucas's canon, the real/only canon. :{J

Reaction score
I mean the thread says "EU" not "old EU" or "Legends", so anything goes. He didn't even say anything trolling, he literally gave a valid opinion.

....OH he's banned. Still got a feeling he'll be back.
the new books aren't considered EU they are party of the main universe. The EU just refered to the old EU or Legends now.

For me it's the Darth Bane Trilogy.

Reaction score
Yeah Disney is doing this thing where if something they don't like is more popular than their stuff they make something sound the same as the actually cool thing to come up in google searches.

I know that sounds paranoid but I've noticed a trend over the years on the internet since they bought SW and Marvel.

They probably pay Google to curb searches in their favor anyways.

I tried to google how much did SW make all together before Disney bought it and it kept coming up with those newest articles about Disney "recouping" its money in 6 years. Which is a subtle slight against George becuase Disney hates him for making SW.

When SW came out I bet Disney's sales tanked for a while and they held a grudge or something.

And about canon:

If, for whatever reason, Disney sold ME Star Wars/LFL/ILM/etc. tomorrow, and I said the Original Trilogy is no longer canon, would the fans consider my films and "original" content canon?

Of course not. For one thing it's more obvious if I alone bought SW. No matter how good a film I could make no one would accept the OT being de-canonized.

So ask yourself why does anyone accept Disney's fan fiction as canon? They might be a company, but they are still a "fan" of SW. They make literal fan fiction.

I still need to find a pre-Disney copy of the Bane novels. :{J

Reaction score
I’ve read every Del Rey novel. The NJO was amazing, and the ensuing Legacy of the Force novels even better. They are at the heart of the EU for me. But my true favorites are the “Tales of” series and “Coruscant Nights” stuff. I really love Jax and I5-YQ (who shows up in the MedStar novels, also), and have always really appreciated Hasbro for doing an I5 figure in an old Droid Factory set. But the stuff that always takes me back to the best times is the “Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina” and “Tales from Jabba’s Palace.” That’s how I learned who all these backgrounders are!

Reaction score
Yeah Disney is doing this thing where if something they don't like is more popular than their stuff they make something sound the same as the actually cool thing to come up in google searches.

I know that sounds paranoid but I've noticed a trend over the years on the internet since they bought SW and Marvel.

They probably pay Google to curb searches in their favor anyways.

I tried to google how much did SW make all together before Disney bought it and it kept coming up with those newest articles about Disney "recouping" its money in 6 years. Which is a subtle slight against George becuase Disney hates him for making SW.

When SW came out I bet Disney's sales tanked for a while and they held a grudge or something.

And about canon:

If, for whatever reason, Disney sold ME Star Wars/LFL/ILM/etc. tomorrow, and I said the Original Trilogy is no longer canon, would the fans consider my films and "original" content canon?

Of course not. For one thing it's more obvious if I alone bought SW. No matter how good a film I could make no one would accept the OT being de-canonized.

So ask yourself why does anyone accept Disney's fan fiction as canon? They might be a company, but they are still a "fan" of SW. They make literal fan fiction.

I still need to find a pre-Disney copy of the Bane novels. :{J
Yeah Google just lists the most relevent which is primarily based on what more people are searching for and since more people.are reading star wars books the new stuff pops up

As for the EU well it wasn't even really Canon under Lucas. He often said the only thing that is Canon are the movies and as much as I love the old EU it was an absolute mess.

Continuity was not common and you had different authors with their own view on the force like Troy Denning and his werod bug/Jedi orgies.

All Disney did was say all stories moving forward will be Canon and fit into the timeline.

They didn't have to say the old EU wasn't Canon since it never really was before.

I like the idea of reading a book and then seeing a character from said book appear in a movie like Temmin Wexly.

The reason people accept it now is because unlike Lucas they are saying all the stories are part of the continuity. We now officially have Thrawn as part of the main universe which is a big deal.

Even Darth Bane is officially part of it now and I'm willing to bet Recan will be as well

Reaction score
Google can be paid to manipulate their algorithm. That's why they promoted Hillary over Trump so hard during the elections. There wasn't more people searching Hillary than Trump.

Vicarious the EU is canon to George. He said often that the post ROTJ stuffis the books.

People take a quote or two of his out of context and red way too much into it for him being against the EU when he endorsed every bit of it.

And I have to strongly and objectively disagree that the EU "was a mess". That's a Disney talking point that only started gaining traction AFTER they disregarded the EU and needed excuses to keep people from reading the EU.

The continuity was definitely common and was the reason they made the Holocron. Where are you getting your info? A pro Disney anti EU site?

All Disney did? They said that the largest portion of SW canon(EU) was no longer canon and they don't have the right/authority to say/do that.

And again, you're absolutely wrong, the EU WAS/IS canon. It never wasn't canon. You're repeating Disney damage control talking points with that.

You keep saying this false misleading information like George didn't consider the EU canon when he clearly did.

The only reason people accept Disney's fan fiction as canon is that Disney is constantly telling them that it's "official" and people are too dumb to think it through. They don't even think about who actually determines the canon.

Again, Disney isn't the main universe, they are a fan company making fan fiction.

And you didn't even mention my point of if I bought SW and said the OT wasn't canon, no one would accept that. So why would people accept Disney doing that to the larger portion of the canon(EU) and people accept it?

I don't appreciate you spreading misinformation about Lucas and the canon here in the EU canon threads Vicarious. Please consider this if you post here again. :{

Reaction score
so i've read every EU book and at least 70% of the comics. I am very familer with the EU and everything that is canon and not.

No George did not think the EU was canon hence the entire reason the whole canon system was created. C canon or continuty canon which what the old EU was considered was only considered canon if it didn't contractdict anything from the Movies or TV shows.

Problem is a LOT of the old EU did contradict the movies mainly when the Prequels came out. Lucas didn't care about the EU and didn't bother to include them into the story.

So lets take the thrawn trilogy. that completely contradicts the Prequels for example the whole clone war view. In the Thrawn trilogy it was put forth that the clones were clones of Jedi and that accelerated cloning drove the clones insane.

All of that contradicts the prequels and thus the Thrawn Trilogy was made non canon when the Prequels came out.

Lucas also stated several times that Boba Fett was dead and that he did not escape the sarlac. So any story past ROTJ that has Fett is non canon.

If you want I can post complete in context quotes from Lucas about him not considering the EU canon.

As for the EU being a mess well yeah it was. For example Dark Empire and The Thrawn Trilogy take place at about the same time yet have nothing to do with each other and even contradict each other. In the Thrawn Trilogy Corascut is the capital of the Republic and where all the main characters essentially live.

In Dark Empire however it's pretty much a bombed out city where scavengers live, going through the rubble to find parts to sell.

So which one is right? Which one is Canon? Are we to belive one year after the Thrawn Trilogy Corscaunt was pretty much destroyed and then completly rebuilt 1 year later for the Jedi Acadamy books?

I didn't address your statement because it was silly. The 3 movies are the Star Wars universe and people would ignore you if they said they weren't. But people wouldn't ignore you if you said all of Disney's EU stuff was not canon. The movies are what people care about the most.

Nothing I have said was misinformation like I said I can back up everything I said with quotes from Lucas and others who worked at Lucasfilm.

Reaction score
Lucas always has considered the EU as filling in the gaps of the saga that he didn't do himself. He says in interviews that the post ROTJ Luke story is what's in the EU.

You are also bending the truth severely and making false claims here.

The canon hierarchy was only to show that the films trump the EU. Period.

You can easily take quotes he made out of context but I doubt you have any videos of him saying anything close to what you're misrepresenting here.

Lucas also contradicts his own words if you're using quotes as proof.

The Thrawn trilogy didn't say the clones were jedi it said the clones went crazy which TCW shows.

The EU doesn't contradict the films a lot like you're falsely claiming again.

Dark Empire takes place AFTER Thrawn not during.

Coruscant uses DROIDS to rebuild. Duh. You would know this if you actually read the EU like you falsely claim.

It was bombed out for a time, not forever. Geez, anyone who read the EU should know this.

And yeah if you had thousands maybe millions of droids rebuilding it it wouldn't take a year to reestablish it.

You also don't see all of Coruscant.

You didn't address my statement because it completely destroys your argument. It completely destroys Disney's belief that they can dictate canon.

You are spreading nothing but Disney disinfo.

I would only want to hear what Lucas himself says and I'd only believe what was on camera not some probably fake quote being attributed to the man.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting here since you can't do so without spreading lies and misinformation about the EU and canon. :{

Reaction score
Lucas always has considered the EU as filling in the gaps of the saga that he didn't do himself. He says in interviews that the post ROTJ Luke story is what's in the EU.
:{
May 2008 Total film

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."
Now you have to find a quote of him saying the EU Luke is what he intended.

The canon hierarchy was only to show that the films trump the EU. Period.
and if the EU was canon they wouldn't need to show the films trump the EU... thats kind of obvious.

The Thrawn trilogy didn't say the clones were jedi it said the clones went crazy which TCW shows.
Did you even read the thrawn Trilogy? Joruus C'baoth is a clone of dead jedi master Jorus C'Baoth. In the Thrawn trilogy the clones went mad because they used excelerated birth. They found if you did that it would rip them from the force and make them go insane like Joruus.

Thrawn was able to figure out by using Ysalamir to negate the effects of the force on the clone so he could rapidly clone them. That goes against everything we know in Attack of the Clones.

But by all means tell me how its different.

Dark Empire takes place AFTER Thrawn not during.
It takes place the year after Thrawn and still contradicts it for the reasons I stated.

It was bombed out for a time, not forever. Geez, anyone who read the EU should know this.
So the city was thriving, then completely bombed out in the months between the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire and then completely rebuilt in the months between Dark Empire and Jedi Acadmy? Is that what you are claiming?

You also don't see all of Coruscant.
Yes we do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KGZCYhWJ0

You didn't address my statement because it completely destroys your argument. It completely destroys Disney's belief that they can dictate canon.
no it really doesn't at all... If you get rid of the OT then you get rid of Star Wars. Could you do it? Sure... They can dictate canon because they own the IP

Just like Marvel can say what is canon about their comics

Coruscant uses DROIDS to rebuild. Duh. You would know this if you actually read the EU like you falsely claim.
Ok what EU book states that

You are spreading nothing but Disney disinfo.
what are you talking about... seriously you sound unstable.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting here since you can't do so without spreading lies and misinformation about the EU and canon. :{​

I can't tell if you are serious or is this a parody account​

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not addressing non filmed comments by Lucas.

The canon hierarchy is to simply show that Lucas's films can't be contradicted and in the case of an accidental one they fully accepted retcon as canon. Deny if you want.

You're taking one jedi as proof that all the clones are jedi.

If the EU wasn't canon George wouldn't have used so much of it in his prequels.

Dark Empire doesn't contradict Thrawn trilogy it adds to it.

Of course I'm claiming that Coruscant could be rebuilt. The second Death Star took only a few years for a weakened Empire and that's in the films. How can a fan not accept that droids/a form of 3d printing/rapid prototyping is possible in a franchise with the force AND lightsabers AND FTL ships?!?

So you're telling me in 18:56 we see ALL of Coruscant? How do they tell the story then?

You can't admit that my example is exactly what Disney did getting rid of the EU. And Marvel has multiple universes. If you want to get technical, Earth 616 is the canon and all the other Earth's are a alternate dimension. Like Star Trek's Mirror Universe.

Droids that rebuilt planets like Coruscant and moons like Nar Shaddaa: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EVS_Construction_Droid If you actually read the EU you would know this.

And you're trolling me? Mature.

Look I've already told you you're using quotes I have no way of confirming are actually Lucas and spreading misinformation and lies about the EU and canon.

I've already asked you once to stop commenting on my thread because of this.

I'll have to go to mods if you continue to harass my threads. :{

Reaction score
this is insane.. you won't accept interviews by George Lucas as proof...

Is the Forcecast proof? or is that a pro Disney anti EU site?

How about Millenium Falcon.net? http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8008#155123

It's even dated April 2009 LONG before Disney ever bought Star Wars so how could that be that it's a disney lie?
Of course I'm claiming that Coruscant could be rebuilt. The second Death Star took only a few years for a weakened Empire and that's in the films.
Yes several years to build a moon. We are talking about a few months to rebuild an entire city planet.

If the EU wasn't canon George wouldn't have used so much of it in his prequels.
... yeah he used it and changed it. He completely rewrote Boba Fetts back story.

Also as for Dark Empire as we know from the Prequels all of Coruscant is a city, however in Dark Empire we see it's not its a regualr planet that just has some cities in it. So again a contraction.

also i'm not breaking any rules here and you posted this in the wrong forum. This is supposed to be fore EU toys by Hasbro not the EU in general.

You can't admit that my example is exactly what Disney did getting rid of the EU. And Marvel has multiple universes. If you want to get technical, Earth 616 is the canon and all the other Earth's are a alternate dimension. Like Star Trek's Mirror Universe.
because it's not.... the OT IS star wars. If you remade it then that would be considered a seperate universe just like the EU is considered a separate universe. If you want in your head canon the Disney stuff to be a seperate universe then by all means do that.

Are you having problems coming to terms that the Eu isn't and never was canon?

oh and here is proof of George Lucas saying that the EU isn't canon

Reaction score
No what's insane is that you continue to harass me and try to make invalid points seem accurate.

I won't accept interviews that aren't filmed because I have no way of confirming Lucas ever said what you claim he said.

And I have video proof of him saying the post ROTJ story is the EU.

How do I know the sites you just named don't have a bias towards the EU? Without video of George saying this false claim you have nothing but a journalist's word.

ROTJ takes place 4 years after ANH. And the events of the DE trilogy take place years later when the tech to rebuild or just build in general is going to be more advanced or at least improved. Like reducing a 4 year job to a 1 year job or increasing the range from a moon sized eucemonopolois to a planet sized one.

And again DROIDS completely explain this being possible. They can work round the clock and can be essentially giant walking manufacturing plants or a World Devastator in reverse.

And it wasn't a few months it was almost a whole year.

He didn't change anything or rewrite Boba's story. You just don't accept the canon.

You need to actually read the Dark Empire comics. Coruscant is still a eucemonopolis. There are different cities on Coruscant too. And a lot of the images are on the top surface of Coruscant. Duh.

I posted them here because at first this was the only section I could find for EU and then the other forum is being used for Disney fanon.

You can't accept the fact that Disney is just a fan that bought SW and did exactly the same thing as disregarding the OT.

And no again, the EU was always canon, you're just a Disney fan trolling an EU fan.

There's no such thing as head canon. That's yet another Disney fanon invention.

There's only canon and fan fiction. Lucas established the canon and Disney is making literal/absolute fan fiction as a fan that now owns SW. You just won't admit the truth because you like Disney.

I have a problem with Disney fans trolling EU fans like you're doing.

And again, that's not a real quote if I can't confirm it as a fact.

I'm going to ask you once more, politely, to stop harassing me and my threads before I go to the mods. :{

Reaction score
Google can be paid to manipulate their algorithm. That's why they promoted Hillary over Trump so hard during the elections. There wasn't more people searching Hillary than Trump.

Vicarious the EU is canon to George. He said often that the post ROTJ stuffis the books.

People take a quote or two of his out of context and red way too much into it for him being against the EU when he endorsed every bit of it.

And I have to strongly and objectively disagree that the EU "was a mess". That's a Disney talking point that only started gaining traction AFTER they disregarded the EU and needed excuses to keep people from reading the EU.

The continuity was definitely common and was the reason they made the Holocron. Where are you getting your info? A pro Disney anti EU site?

All Disney did? They said that the largest portion of SW canon(EU) was no longer canon and they don't have the right/authority to say/do that.

And again, you're absolutely wrong, the EU WAS/IS canon. It never wasn't canon. You're repeating Disney damage control talking points with that.

You keep saying this false misleading information like George didn't consider the EU canon when he clearly did.

The only reason people accept Disney's fan fiction as canon is that Disney is constantly telling them that it's "official" and people are too dumb to think it through. They don't even think about who actually determines the canon.

Again, Disney isn't the main universe, they are a fan company making fan fiction.

And you didn't even mention my point of if I bought SW and said the OT wasn't canon, no one would accept that. So why would people accept Disney doing that to the larger portion of the canon(EU) and people accept it?

I don't appreciate you spreading misinformation about Lucas and the canon here in the EU canon threads Vicarious. Please consider this if you post here again. :{
Reported you for trolling. You've been banned before for doing this same troll schtick in the collecting forums

Reaction score
Reported you for trolling. You've been banned before for doing this same troll schtick in the collecting forums
You and Vicarious are the trolls and you know it.

I'm trying to make pro EU(Lucas) threads and people like you keep trolling them.

I was banned because people like you keep ganging up on me when I make any anti Disney posts.

You guys both need to stop trolling me. Darkman you're already on my ignore list anyways for how much you've trolled me so don't even start.

And Vicarious I've asked you repeatedly to stop posting here. :{

Reaction score
Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_nigIbJ9KM&list=PLTSRRhOQHb91OpR5jLOoTpeQIWTFAAlCP @0:33 is where he mentions that the story of the grandchildren is in the novels.

And you don't hear him saying he doesn't like them or that they didn't count. :{
I came in here with no idea who you were to talk about the good EU books. I even backed you up explaining to the other guy that you clearly only meant the old EU stuff since the new stuff isn't EU it's just Canon AND YOU ATTACKED ME!

... that's your proof? He never once says the EU IS canon. Holy crap and it happens AFTER he sold it Disney... So guess what even if he said The EU is canon and Han Solo and Chewbacca are lovers it doesn't matter since HE DOESN"T OWN IT!.

I posted a magazine scan of an interview where he explicitly says the EU isn't canon.

You are clearly trolling at this point

But as promised I will respond to the rest of your post

How do I know the sites you just named don't have a bias towards the EU? Without video of George saying this false claim you have nothing but a journalist's word.
You are saying Forcecast The offiicial podcast of REBELSCUM FORUMS has a bias towards the EU? Well sure they like the EU. You also missed the point this was back in 2008 BEFORE Disney bought Star Wars. There was ONLY the EU back then so there was no Disney bias.

You're taking one jedi as proof that all the clones are jedi.
Yes because I read the Thrawn Trilogy you clearly did not.

ROTJ takes place 4 years after ANH. And the events of the DE trilogy take place years later when the tech to rebuild or just build in general is going to be more advanced or at least improved. Like reducing a 4 year job to a 1 year job or increasing the range from a moon sized eucemonopolois to a planet sized one.
5 years actually

Here is the time line

5 ABY is ROTJ and battle of Endor.

9 ABY is the Thrawn Trillogy

10 ABY is Dark Empire and Dark Empire 2

11 ABY is the Jedi Acadamy

So that means Thrawn Trilogy ends, and in the short time between all of Corscuant is bombed and is a wasteland. Then Dark Empire 1, Rogue Squadron, then Dark Empire 2, then corscuant is completely rebuilt and then the Jedi Acadmy series starts.

So less then 1 year to rebuild it and as you said it took 4 years to build a Death Star the size of a small moon yet we are talking about an entire planet in less then 1 year.

Not to mention Jania and Jacen Solo are both born in the Thrawn Trilogy but never mentioned in Dark Empire.

So yes... the old Eu was a mess and contradicts itself

He didn't change anything or rewrite Boba's story. You just don't accept the canon.
Ok... so we know from the PT Boba Fett was a clone of Jango Fett in his original backstory he was a bounty Hunter who fought in wars during the clone wars. This was later retconned by the Prequels to be an unnnamed Clone Soldier.

Also Fett played a large part in Dark Empire where again according to Lucas he died in the Sarlac pit. You can hear George Lucas SAY this in the DVD Commentary for ROTJ and I quote

"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and bad guys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy, y'know, it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat, because most people don't believe he died anyway. I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figured that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

There's no such thing as head canon. That's yet another Disney fanon invention.

the term Headcanon was first used widespread around 2007 so no it's not a Disney fanon invention

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/headcanon

There's only canon and fan fiction. Lucas established the canon and Disney is making literal/absolute fan fiction as a fan that now owns SW. You just won't admit the truth because you like Disney.
You are right there is only Canon and Fan fiction. The EU is Fanfiction and when Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney they decided to make it all canon.

No I hate disney as a whole I think they are doing more damage to entertainment then any other company even EA. I am just not letting my hatred to Disney get in the way of looking at the truth like you are. You are blinded by your anger.

We done here? or do you want to try attacking me again?

Reaction score
My favorite Star Wars books are

Splinter of the Mind's Eye
Shadows of the Empire
Scoundrels
Han Solo Trilogy. the mid 1990s series
Tales of Mos Eisley
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Truce at Bakura
New Rebellion
Tattooine Ghost
Heir of the Empire Trilogy
Crystal Star
Children of the Jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight
Jedi Academy Trilogy
Survivor's Quest
Scourge
New Jedi Order series
Legacy of the Jedi
Fate of the Jedi
Crucible

Reaction score
I didn't attack you I was explaining that you're wrong about canon and then you attacked me. You could already tell that I was talking about the EU(Lucas's) as canon and even explained that to another user. But you sat there and tried to convince me that Disney is canon when I clearly proved otherwise.

George says the novels are the story of the grandchildren. That's saying it's canon to him. He acknowledges it. You're denying it because you're a Disney fan.

You posted a printed section of words that no one can prove is Lucas himself. I produced a video where he specifically says the novels handled his story of the grandchildren meaning Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben.

You stated yourself that you knew I was talking about EU as canon and proceeded to make this thread about Disney being canon and I have repeatedly asked you to stop posting here. You and Darkman are the only ones trolling.

I'm not over in any pro Disney threads telling them there that the EU is the real canon. I was doing that HERE. You guys came here, I didn't go to you on your threads.

I said bias against the EU not Disney though. See? If you were really trying to make a point you could.

The Thrawn trilogy never says all the clones in the clone wars are jedi or Jorus. You want it to be a continuity error but it's actually just more expanded universe.

I've read the trilogy once all the way through and have just recently finished Heir for the second time. I champion the EU for the reason that I've actually read it, unlike nearly all it's detractors.

ROTJ is 4 ABY, Thrawn trilogy is 9 ABY, and DE trilogy is 10-11 ABY. JA Trilogy is 11 ABY. But the story tells you if you'd read it that Jedi Search is right after the end of the DE trilogy. You just didn't read the books to hear the exposition.

You seem to be trying to condense a galaxy of people down to a couple of planets worth in terms of their abilities to rebuild things and have conflicts. Look at just our one planet, the number of countries, the amount of conflicts on a daily basis that we don't even hear about because of media biases, and all the times we rebuilt a building in just a few years. That's with our level of technology. In SW galaxy, they clearly are so advanced they can make moon sized battle stations, have FTL propulsion, anti grav, laser guns, laser swords, AND THE FORCE.

You're limiting the fantasy/whimsical aspect of SW by making it sound like this can't happen in a galaxy like that. The EU also CLEARLY explains to you how and why this sort of thing is possible. You just don't want it to be true because you're a Disney fan.

Jaina and Jacen were babies being protected by Winter on a different planet out of harm's way. Of course you wouldn't hear about it in a comic book series that is limited on how much time a character has to emote.

You haven't listed any contradictions just made a bunch of EU references.

Actually that quote shows you how much he knows about the EU and how much he cares about it. " I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot where he climbs out of the hole, but y'know I figured that's . . . it doesn't quite fit, in the end."

He loves the EU so much he almost put in a shot in ROTJ of Boba crawling out, presumably in the Special Editions or later re-releases. Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten that he'd said that.

Memes are so easy to make though. You're naive if you think Disney doesn't pay publicists or have its own that make memes to gen up hype about their stuff.

They are literally taking the names of other popular things and riding their success. Empire's End, a popular EU comic had its title used on Aftermath: Empire's End. There are other times that Disney has named something in a way that their thing comes up in a google search before the old thing. Like Jacen Syndulla. That's them trying to negate Jacen Solo searches.

Disney is using head canon though in Star Wars articles to promote the false idea that head canon is canon at all. It's an oxymoron. Canon isn't something the fan decides it's what the author decides. For instance, what's canon, the LOTR novels by Tolkien or the films by Jackson? The answer is the novels by Tolkien. And for SW it's Lucas. Not Disney.

lol You guys always try that "EU is fanfiction" line. That is not what history and Lucas's businesses show us. They said it was canon, they incorporated it into the films and TCW. George even says the novels tell the story of the Skywalker grandchildren. That's fan fiction?

No Disney is the fan fiction. You're only denying it because you dislike the EU for some reason and like Disney's fanon.

No one that "hates" Disney sits there and defends their invalid argument of them dictating canon. And you're trying to troll me by saying the EU is fan fic.

So don't try and make this sound like I came at you when you knew exactly where I stood before you even commented the first time.

Technically the argument was won the moment I made the point that Disney is actual fan fiction and can't dictate canon.

But I've also asked a mod to just delete these threads since I keep getting trolled/harassed by people like darkman and you.

And I don't want to get banned because some EU haters don't know how to go and make their own threads in the Disney sections. :{

Reaction score
My favorite Star Wars books are

Splinter of the Mind's Eye
Shadows of the Empire
Scoundrels
Han Solo Trilogy. the mid 1990s series
Tales of Mos Eisley
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Truce at Bakura
New Rebellion
Tattooine Ghost
Heir of the Empire Trilogy
Crystal Star
Children of the Jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight
Jedi Academy Trilogy
Survivor's Quest
Scourge
New Jedi Order series
Legacy of the Jedi
Fate of the Jedi
Crucible

Thank you for posting this. I haven't read all of those but there's a bunch I have. :{J

Reaction score
George says the novels are the story of the grandchildren.
yes because that is what they are literally about... he never once said those are the official story or canon and again that inteview was AFTER he sold Star Wars which means he has no say.

Yet I can provide multiple quotes from interviews about how he states the EU is NOT canon.

You posted a printed section of words that no one can prove is Lucas himself
.... so you are claming that Total Film one of the most respected industry papers lied....

You are also saying that Forcecast the OFFICIAL PODCAST OF THE REBELSCUM FORUMS IS LYING TO YOU???

I produced a video where he specifically says the novels handled his story of the grandchildren meaning Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben.
How can you misunderstand a 2 minute clip that you posted? He never says that. He says that star wars was about The father, the son and the grandchildren. He never says the novels handled HIS story. This is a VERY important distinction that is lost on you.

You haven't listed any contradictions just made a bunch of EU references.
except of course the timeline, the planet, and of course Boba Fett being dead.

Once again you missunderstand. He likes the fans which is why he thought about putting that in the movie but he DIDN"T because it didn't fit and as he says this is where Fett Dies.

SO if Fett is dead those stories contradict the movies and are NOT canon.

Am sorry but you are absolutely insane. Despite everyone telling you, even George Lucas himself saying the EU isn't canon you think that it is.

I now see why you were permanently banned from these forums before.

Reaction score
He wouldn't have brought up the EU if it wasn't canon to him.

And you can only provide "quotes" from unreliable sources. I can't verify any of that but I can watch his interviews and he never says the EU isn't canon or that he doesn't like it.

You even provided proof through the ROTJ commentary that he likes the EU so much that he almost included a Boba leaving the Sarlaac scene.

I've never heard of Total Film until your post about it. That isn't "one of the most respected industry papers".

I'm saying I have no way of verifying what is said in those articles. You're trying to build a straw man against me on this site like Darkman.

Lucas says the story of the grandchildren isn't a secret and is even in the novels. That's him saying the novels tell the post ROTJ story. You're just in biased denial.

Again, you haven't named any contradictions only more expanded universe references.

Lucas was simply saying that he had originally killed off Boba but fans liked him so he almost made that scene. Just like Maul in TCW and Rebels is from the EU story. He clearly likes the EU versions and started to include them.

And no, Fett never died and the stories only ADD to the universe. Sorry you can't grasp that.

And your last part is why I'm calling you a troll.

I'm not name calling or being mean to ANYONE and I'm not trying to get anyone banned. YOU GUYS ARE. :{

Status
Not open for further replies.