Fast Food???

Reaction score
I imagine the only actual fast food restaurant tie in will be the Subway promo that started a couple weeks ago. Kids meal reusable lunch bags, comes with a generic glow stick light saber inside. 8 bags I think. Maybe though, they will get some branded cups or something closer to the release date?
No old school toy promo, as Disney has moved away from pairing with junk food for years (apart from "healthy alternative" Subway), and Star Wars went with it.

Lex

Reaction score
I got a few cups, I'll try to snatch a poster when they're done.

Reaction score
LOL, yeah most of the time they're pretty oblivious, their staff- one time exiting, I was gonna grab a Rebels window cling (a while back), but the wife stopped me!!
I got a few cups, I'll try to snatch a poster when they're done.

Reaction score
I just looked up those cups. I'm gonna need to try to get the Rey one, even if they are the regular flimsy plastic and not really a collectible.

Reaction score
No old school toy promo, as Disney has moved away from pairing with junk food for years (apart from "healthy alternative" Subway), and Star Wars went with it.
Ohhhhhhh that's why! I really wondered why they chose a restaurant with no toys with kiddie meals!

I got all cups, but yeah they are really crappy, at least they could've made some glass cups that you buy... the ones they offer are made of really cheap soft plastic :(

Reaction score
I'm mixed. I grabbed all 6 as well. I like the artwork, but yeah, much thinner/flimsier than the older thicker, higher quality cups that have come out over the years.

Reaction score
Obviously they're all out at once, but the two Subways I've been to so far would only give me the Stormtrooper. I noticed it was numbered 1 of 6 and it made me wonder if they're deliberately trying to go through their stock in a particular order.

Reaction score
I heard the cups are cool, you can buy them outright, no grub reg'd.
How much did everyone pay for their cups? It seems, at least in my town, that Subway has no fixed price for them. I had to go to two Subway locations to obtain the Kylo, Stormtrooper and BB-8 cups this morning. The first location's cashier had no idea what I was talking about, but I thankfully found Kylo in their cup dispenser. She sold it to me for $.50 and appeared to make up the price. She gave me a blank stare when I asked if they had the other cups.

A second Subway location had the other cups (the cashier had to go behind a wall to retrieve them as the cup dispenser only had Chewbacca in it). I was told that I had to buy the $1.99 drink that goes in it and that they couldn't just sell the cups by itself (his reasoning--inventory tracking and because I could just put the $1.99 drink in it anyway after buying the cup cheaper. :rolleyes:) Since I was with someone and we were on the way to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, we decided to buy our drinks at Subway (using the TFA cups) to get our money's worth. I made sure we were careful with the cups and cleaned them out upon returning home. They are all as good as new.

But yeah, the cups are very thin and flimsy--nothing like the 1999 TPM cups I have from KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut. I'm just displaying them on a shelf, so thickness doesn't really matter.

Lex

Reaction score
Ohh, you got different style cups. Here all of them are Stormtroopers. :(

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh that's why! I really wondered why they chose a restaurant with no toys with kiddie meals!

I got all cups, but yeah they are really crappy, at least they could've made some glass cups that you buy... the ones they offer are made of really cheap soft plastic :(

The cups in my area are also the flimsy plastic, but near as nice. Same graphics, but totally different. Your cups with bigger graphics are much better.

Reaction score
The cups in my area are also the flimsy plastic, but near as nice. Same graphics, but totally different. Your cups with bigger graphics are much better.

Do you think the two styles could be different sizes/volumes? The first style looks like a typical "medium" drink in my area, and the second style looks like a "large" - the bottom is sized to fit in a car's cupholder, and the top flares out to allow it to hold more. I have not been to Subway to see these - just a thought.

Reaction score
I think Canada and US Subway have the same flimsy cups? They are 21 Oz here (and we use the metric system LOL). Some subways are sticklers as I got first cup and that was all they had, and then got the second cup a few days later. Today at a different store, I got Kylo (and a Chewie for free) when I bought one $2 drink. She told me they had only 2 sleeves of Stormtroopers and they were gone already. Need Finn and BB-8 next. :)

Reaction score
I think Canada and US Subway have the same flimsy cups?
There are at least three, maybe four different versions of each cup. The US has flimsy plastic cups with bottoms designed for car cup holders. Canada has normal shaped flimsy plastic cups with the larger pictures. Sweden has a shiny cup set (in pictures, like the one below, they look like they could be ceramic the way the light reflects off the cup, but I suppose they could also be paper and the sheen could be from the wax coating they cover paper cups with). According to some Star Wars UK message boards the UK also has the set as paper cups (but I haven't seen any photos of said UK set to compare with the Sweden set).

Lex

Reaction score
At least yours are plastic, here they are paper. :( This deal is getting worse all the time.

Reaction score
Yesterday a Sphero BB-8 showed up my door! Apparently I won him in the Subway sweepstakes (ended 12/31)

That makes up for not having real kids meal toys, at least for me.