FAQ

Reaction score
Patience Padawans. I'll email how this works next week.

Reaction score
Re: FAQ-One Hopeful

Friend, are you sure that Ian McD..(something) was the "Hopeful" Guest of Honor who couldn't make it?
There's hope for others.

Thank you so much..
The Force is strong with US!

Reaction score
Re: FAQ-One Hopeful

BlackPearl said:
Friend, are you sure that Ian McD..(something) was the "Hopeful" Guest of Honor who couldn't make it?
There's hope for others.

Thank you so much..
The Force is strong with US!
Yes. It was posted by Ben Stevens over on the CIV forums.

Reaction score
Anne, now that the Opening Ceremonies time has been announced for 7:30 PM on Friday, May 25, is there any chance that those of us volunteering for the last shift on Friday (3:30-7:30) will still be able to attend the ceremonies in Hall K??

Reaction score
JediMasterRainer said:
Anne, now that the Opening Ceremonies time has been announced for 7:30 PM on Friday, May 25, is there any chance that those of us volunteering for the last shift on Friday (3:30-7:30) will still be able to attend the ceremonies in Hall K??
Anne, this is a good question. Will we be able to attend the opening night ceremonies?

Reaction score
I know that last year there was a volunteer line for the openening ceremonies. I had friends that worked for OPX until right before the start time and walked right into the convention center through the volunteer line despite the long "regular" line that was capped.

Reaction score
I emailed Anne yesterday about this subject. If they was gonna have seats reserved for volunteers. Her reply was:
" I
wouldn't count on seats being held, but the room is going to be
HUGE. I'll also be rushing to get the ceremonies."

So she is in the same situation as we are. I say at 7:30 we all line up behind Anne and charge the Hall K doors like a herd of rabid ants!!!

Reaction score
wvstarwarsfan said:
I emailed Anne yesterday about this subject. If they was gonna have seats reserved for volunteers. Her reply was:
" I
wouldn't count on seats being held, but the room is going to be
HUGE. I'll also be rushing to get the ceremonies."

So she is in the same situation as we are. I say at 7:30 we all line up behind Anne and charge the Hall K doors like a herd of rabid ants!!!
I'm with you

Reaction score
Hey Anne,
I was just wondering i am working two shift in one day and have the overlap instead of training my replacement if at all posible to stay where we are positioned the hole day.

Reaction score
Some will work that way, some won't. I'll explain all next week when you get your instructions via email.

Reaction score
Anne said:
Some will work that way, some won't. I'll explain all next week when you get your instructions via email.
Does the guest assignment shift around? I should say will we get a different guest each shift?

Reaction score
Heck, at C3, I sometimes changed positions/Gusts mid shift! Depends on what's needed...

Reaction score
I am so stoked! I wish GenCon would post a schedule so I could plan a possible 3rd or 4th shift.

Reaction score
navarre1095 said:
I should say will we get a different guest each shift?
Some of you will stay with the same guest for two shifts, some won't. Depended on what my other volunteers needs where. Plus the less shifting around the better for everyone. Please do not get upset if you see someone "hogging" a special guest. The way I assigned everyone was for the best benefit of the program as a whole.

Reaction score
<font color="purple">Volunteer passes. Are all Volunteer passes the same? I am volunteering for both GenCon and OPX will I need two seperate passes?

I just hope the will call line isn't long. I get there Wed. morning, have to dump my stuff at the hotel, and hope I get through Will Call in time to work (for GenCon) before noon! haha. Not to mention that I have to swap my normal passes for the Volunteer passes.</font>

Reaction score
How will I be able to buy exclusive figure if I dont have the 4day badge? If I have the Volunteer badge there are no holes to punch?

Reaction score
In past references, at all of the other celebrations, EVERY badge has them punch areas the same whether its a general pass, exhibitor,volunteer, press, whatever
So if you trade for a volunteer badge, you will just get that badge punched instead of the one they mailed you. Thats all.

Reaction score
Poster: wvstarwarsfan
In past references, at all of the other celebrations, EVERY badge has them punch areas the same whether its a general pass, exhibitor,volunteer, press, whatever
So if you trade for a volunteer badge, you will just get that badge punched instead of the one they mailed you. Thats all.

Right you are, WV... I have little doubt that all volunteer badges will have 4 punches for figure purchases, just like they did for C3.

Reaction score
DarthBreezy wrote:
Heck, at C3, I sometimes changed positions/Guests mid shift! Depends on what's needed...

Sounds fine to me... I hope I can be traded a few times between our guests; I'll get to spend time with old friends and make some new ones!!!

Reaction score
<font color="blue">Anne, I've got a question that I hope you or any of the LA locals on this board can answer:
I hear that no wheeled luggage will be permitted into the convention center (like Javitz in NY)... is there any truth to this??? It seems Gen-Con doesn't have clue to this issue (go figure...).
</font>
Please reply ASAP

Reaction score
Hi Anne,
Question about personalized autographs. In the info packet it says we can stand in line to have our randomautographs personalized after we recieve them after our last shift. In order to have them personalized, will we still have to purchase an autograph ticket to have that done or will the guest personalize it for us at no extra cost ? Just curious. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Anne,
I just got my information packet and I saw the badge exchange times. I was wondering if there is a time for those of us arriving on Thursday to exchange our badges and get our shirts? I was hoping to be able to do all of this (pick up badge at Will call and exchange) that night and not have to worry about it on Friday.What is the latest time someone will be there to help me? Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks
Kevin

Reaction score
Orientation Question: Do I understand correctly that any/all of us that can get our badges in time (*grumbles*) are welcome to attend the orientation? That would be great!

Reaction score
DarthVa101 said:
In order to have them personalized, will we still have to purchase an autograph ticket ?
No, personalization is free.

Reaction score
spade said:
is a time for those of us arriving on Thursday to exchange our badges and get our shirts
Anytime during exhibitor hours is fine. Just come to HQ in the auto hall.

Reaction score
MaulMaus said:
any/all of us that can get our badges in time (*grumbles*) are welcome to attend the orientation?
if you can exchange your badges with me on Wednesday, yes, otherwise you can't get in the hall early enough.

Reaction score
Anne

Will OPX have their own area in the Gen-Con will call booth on Wednesday or do I need to stand in a "one-line-for-everything" queue(since I already have my badge)?

~Thanks for the email Anne - I get it now
~

Reaction score
Anne, that is super that we can get the pics personalized. I was concerned about this. I didnt get any personalized last time because I was afraid it was a no-no.

Reaction score
awsome anne, again great job done by you.
info package very informative and helpfull.

Reaction score
I previously wrote:
Anne, I've got a question that I hope you or any of the LA locals on this board can answer:
I hear that no wheeled luggage will be permitted into the convention center (like Javitz in NY)... is there any truth to this??? It seems Gen-Con doesn't have clue to this issue (go figure...).

I ended up answering my own question. Got ahold of Jose @ the LACC. As of now, he's quoting a 80-90% certainty of wheeled luggage being permitted inside. He did encourage to check the website on Monday for any final updates/changes.

Reaction score
Here's a question that maybe someone can clear up. If I work on four different days, do I get my free pics after each shift that day or do I have to wait until the last day I work to pick up all of them? It'd be nice to get them after each shift then maybe I can go and get them personalized. Anne, can you shed some light on this for me? Sorry if the answer is on here someplace but I just can't seem to locate it. Thank you, again.

Reaction score
JediFrances said:
Here's a question that maybe someone can clear up. If I work on four different days, do I get my free pics after each shift that day or do I have to wait until the last day I work to pick up all of them? It'd be nice to get them after each shift then maybe I can go and get them personalized. Anne, can you shed some light on this for me? Sorry if the answer is on here someplace but I just can't seem to locate it. Thank you, again.
The way I understand it is: It is at the end of our LAST shift that we get the "perks." Otherwise there might be one or two that would just say "I got my free stuff why should I come back for my other shifts."

Reaction score
Geo_Nauj said:
JediFrances said:
The way I understand it is: It is at the end of our LAST shift that we get the "perks." Otherwise there might be one or two that would just say "I got my free stuff why should I come back for my other shifts."
I don't mean picking up all of my free stuff after the first shift...I just mean the photos. If I work 5 hours the first day, do I get my 5 pics after that shift? I'm not saying get all 17 pictures that first day and my pin and my 4 11x14s. Just the pics I worked for that day. I'm no cheater! I just think if I had to wait until Monday when the place closes, what am I gonna do with 17 photos that aren't signed? I can see having to wait for the pin and the fancy bigger photos.
I'm hoping this isn't how it'll work. Anne?

Reaction score
I did just read this on one of our emails though: <font color="red"> YOUR LAST SHIFT
At the end of all your shifts please pick up trash around your area, straighten the tables,
curtains of the lines, etc. Then you may leave the hall. You don’t need o check-out with HQ.
For your last shift you will need to check-out at HQ in order to receive your perks. As the
convention wears on, expect this to take a little time and for there to be a line, especially the
last shift of Monday. I can not mail any perks. You must be present to receive them. I
encourage your to trade autographs with friends if you don’t get the ones you desire. </font> Hmmm...

Reaction score
I apologize I misunderstood. I do see your point about the photos. That would bite to get all of your photos Sunday or Monday night and everyone has left.

Reaction score
Your pictures are signed already - you CAN get them personalized after your last shift. You get a cool manila envelope with all your autographs in them, and then you can get them personalized - note at the end of the last day you might get a treat - at C3 we were serenaded by Tem *face love* over the PA.

If you really want a particular autograph, you might want to just purchase one between shifts.