Fantasy Flight SW Miniatures

Reaction score
Could be interesting if there's more than 2 types of ships. Anyone seen pics of the minis yet?

X-Wing is a tactical ship-to-ship combat game in which players take control of powerful Rebel X-wings and nimble Imperial TIE fighters, pitted against each other in fast-paced space combat. Featuring stunningly detailed and painted miniatures, X-Wing recreates exciting Star Wars space combat throughout its several included scenarios. Select your crew, plan your maneuvers, and complete your mission!

Reaction score
Not yet but if its only a couple of repainted Micro Machine X-wings, tie fighters and a box of playing cards for $40.00 its not going to last very long.

Reaction score
Sounds cool, but its just X-wings vs. Tie Fighters, right? I wonder if the miniatures will work with the previously released SSB set... I'd personally like a bit more variety when it comes to a game like this.

Reaction score
Came across a few more pics of the minis. Yup, looks like they've just made the X-Wing and TIE so far.
Well, I'm glad someone's got the license again. Looks pretty good, IMO.

BTW, seems some folks are using SW & BSG Titaniums for gaming, atop wonky stands. These pics are from Gencon last w/e.

Is that the MM Rebel Transport and the Monogram/Revell Basestar in there, too? Gotta wonder what the rules are.

Reaction score
Good to have some pics, the FF X-wing looks good. Its crazy to see Titaniums as miniatures in the pictures below...and the MM Rebel Transport playset as a mini, haha.

Reaction score
loving the look of the TIE Defender... looking forward to seeing what this develops into. would love to see this succeed where the first game did not.

Reaction score
Eh, did they have to make the X-Wing a Red Leader one? Now I want it. These look pretty nice though.

Reaction score
Star Wars X-wing Miniatures game pieces.

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure that this has been mentioned before but I didn't see any pictures in the forums so I thought I'd mention that for those interested Fantasy Flight has released their X-wing game and assorted fighter miniatures. Apparently right now there is only the Xwing, Ywing, TIE and TIE/advanced that are available and who know if any more will be added to the roster. I'm passing as I already have my representations of these ships but if anyone is still itching for yet another version you might want to check them out. The pictures seem to be fairly well detailed at least.

Reaction score
The new pics really show some nice detail - they seem to be an upgrade to the SSB minis...

Reaction score
Saw these at my local hobby store last night. They aren't bad. They remind me of better detailed MM. I'd warn anyone wanting to buy these to see them in person or get a picture of the exact item as I noticed one terribly molded/warped X-wing next to another that looked perfect.

Reaction score
I'd love to pick up the Batwing and Batmobile Armor 'specials' judging by these first two, so I sure hope NA gets a shot at them.

Let me see that ME Fighter should be about 5" long.

The FFG 'Falcon was indeed surprisingly large when it arrived today. It's plastic with good detail, I'd say reminiscent of the F-Toys line in terms of feel and quality, the Sensor dish moves as well. Here's a couple of pics of it, I have a few more but I wasn't actually sure which thread it would belong in. :confused:

(That's a Titanium 'Falcon next to it.)

I'm really quite pleased with it and may end up chasing the rest of the line, quite cool.

Reaction score
Great shots, cheers Ben. I don't think that there's a thread for FFG, actually. Should be, they're cool.
Agreed, it's very similar to the F-Toys/Finemolds Falcon: I like the new detail wash, in particular. Saw one at a comic shop this w/e ($30) and was quite impressed with it, very tempted. BTW, I hear their Slave I is Titanium-sized, about 3.5" long.
And I hope we see some FFG cap ships!

Reaction score
Funny you should mention the Slave I, DD, one just so happened to show up on my doorstep this afternoon. It looks a little bit bigger than the titanium to my eye (in the box) but I'll get some comparison pictures to make sure.

Maybe we should make a Star Wars Gaming Ships thread, that way we can cover the FFG, Starship Battles etc. from a ship perspective rather than the 'game' side, since there already is a tabletop sub-board. Any others that would qualify that I'm not thinking of?

Reaction score
Oh wow, there was a thread for the FFG ships, very cool. Thanks to whoever moved this conversation in here, and sorry for the slightly off topic intro (and this double post).

Please accept more pictures of the 'Falcon as an apology. :grin:

I really like how they offer multiple Pilot Cards for the Falcon and I'm assuming the others as well. I went with Han of course, but I love having the option of Lando.

And since the Titanium are such a well known scale I took several shots for sizing purposes.

Reaction score
Hehe, totally forgot that a thread for the FFGs was started a year and a half ago... by me, as it turns out! Erm, duh. :wtf: Actually, I think there's an SSB thread somewhere too, IIRC.

Cheers for the pics, Ben. Any chance we could see the FFG Falcon next to the F-Toys and/or large Hallmark? Also wouldn't mind seeing the Slave I next to the Titanium version, if you get a chance.

Reaction score
I merged the posts with the proper thread. That Falcon is pretty amazing - hard to describe it as a "miniature" though. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the link DD. Those are the best prices I have seen sionce Amazon listed them for sale for $7 last year (and sold out before I could order). I just ordered myself a little fleet of fighters. I can't wait to get 'em.

International shipping was surprisingly reasonable too, although in this instance I had them sent to a friend in California whom I will be visiting in two weeks instead, which was half the price. :)

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Thanks again for the move, Darth Sid.

DD, I don't actually have any FT or HM Star Wars ships, oddly enough, sorry. :$

I've gotten a bunch of fresh pics to share, but I'm going to use spoiler tags since there are quite a few of these.

So first off we have the previously mentioned Slave I:

Spoiler:  

I really like the inflight display stand.

Only one choice of the pilot card on this one really.

And of course in comparison with the Titanium.

Next we move on to the fighters. They are not nearly as big, I'd say the big ships are in scale with the fighters. Overall they look a bit like a really high quality versions of Micromachine fighters, better sculpts, much better paint jobs.

TIE fighter:
  Spoiler:  

TIE Advanced:

Spoiler:  

X-wing:
  Spoiler:  

Y-wing:

Spoiler:  

And last but not least the A-wing:

Spoiler:  

And a couple of group shots:

Spoiler:  

;)

I didn't pick up the TIE Interceptor yet because the price went through the roof while I was looking at it. The fighters are quite good but the real class of the line are the 'Falcon and the Slave I for me. Big, well painted and both more impressive than their Titanium counterparts in person. I sure hope they add more "big" ships to the line, especially if they go with capital ships. Even so, they're a great option.

Reaction score
Great shots, cheers again Ben. :) Those comparisons are very helpful.
The Slave I looks to be about the same size as the DA: very tempting to this TS collector, indeed.
Agreed, the small fighters are like super MMs with better paint and sculpting. It's cool that all of 'em are in in scale with each other, too.
I'd love to see more "big" ships from FFG, too. Besides capital ships, I wonder if they'll do PT ships?

Reaction score
Nice pics - the Falcon looks fantastic next to those TIE Fighters. The scale is perfect.

Reaction score
Nice pics. I got to see the Falcon and Slave I at my local hobby shop yesterday. They look pretty good. I noticed one Slave I was missing a gun (makes me worried about purchasing them online) and the Falcon has the underside turret facing backwards (not a big issue). My problem was the $30 price tag. Has anyone seen the larger boys cheaper than that?

Reaction score
Hmm if online is a concern I'm not sure it'd be much help but I picked up the larger duo from Amazon for under $24 each. :\

Reaction score
That's not bad. I know Amazon and TFAW can take of me (I will easily vouch for super-excellent TFAW service). Ebay will protect me as well, I just don't want the hassle, nor do I really like being that guy "the one laser cannon is slightly bent and the yellow on the wings is a bit off center"....you know...the really snarky fanatics...which I'm good at. I'd rather see it in person. But I may try Amazon or TFAW whenever they get the Falcon.

BTW: What's up with the TIE Interceptor? I've only seen one auction on ebay, and it was like a set of cards or something for $25?

Reaction score
Well all of mine came via Amazon so anecdotally I've had a good experience with them on the FFG ships, but I have prime so free shipping does help too. ;)

I'm not sure if it was a limited run or they're just not fulfilled completely yet but I've been watching the TIE Intercepter go in and out of stock online a fair bit. Which is why I've held off on chasing one too hard so far. :\

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I found that the previously discussed TIE Advanced was in stock at Amazon this week so I was able to pick one up. While I'd certainly say this ship isn't worth the $40 the price ballooned to for a while, at MSRP it's a nice addition but let's check out some pics of it to be sure:

One thing you may not immediately notice is the Advanced actually has the expected blue hue to it, rather than the more white-grey of the rest of the TIEs (but more on that below).

The size seems to be in scale with the rest of the ships but next to it's Titanium big brother it does look quite small.

Overall a nice addition to the FFG series, but as I said before I see nothing to justify the (hopefully) temporary price hike we'd saw earlier in the thread other than scarcity. Hopefully the fact that I was able to find one and still see them in stock bodes well for availability and corrects that.

[HR][/HR]

I also picked up the single pack TIE since some of the retailer shots made it look like it had a significantly different paint job.

However unlike the pics I saw the paint job difference is subtle. The starter pack is on the left, I hope you can see how the cockpit detailing is lined in black on it.

These and the following group shots might help better detail the subtle difference. The expansion remains in the middle.

Since the starter set offers two TIEs at a better cost per ship than the expansion and given how subtle the paint change is, it's hard to recommend the standard TIE expansion for anyone other than completionists. :\

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics Ben. They're excellent. I just got my TIE, Vader's TIE, X and Y Wings (thanks for the order link to them DD). Looking forward to picking up the other fighters eventually. These are beautiful minis, though I am terrified that I will break the tiny guns on my X-Wing.

Reaction score
Happy to assist, Rev!

Congrats to all youze guys for your FFG collections. The TIEs look particularly cool all lined up, like they're racked for battle on a hangar deck.

Reaction score
Glad to hear they're working out for you, and I completely understand the feeling, Rev. Still, they are remarkably sturdy given the size of some of those parts.

I actually picked up the single pack x-wing as well but I'm so far behind on new arrivals I haven't had time to see if it's any different from the starter pack. If it's significantly different, once I get a good look at it, I'll be sure to post some pics.

Reaction score
These pieces are amazing IMO. They are produced from CAD models, using rapid prototyping. I absolutely love the proportions and scale of these. So far I've picked up the Falcon and the X-Wing. I plan to pick up the rear shortly. I'm curious to know if any more ships are in the works.

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're enjoying them as well, Julythrunov. Looking at the FFG site it looks like they have new runs of the entire line planned for the next two months, so at the very least that indicates a level of successful sales. This does include the currently (relatively) rare TIE Interceptor so I'd advise anyone looking for one to be wary of the crazy markup that had been going on as there's a new run of them slated for May.

Hopefully this indication of success for the line so far translates to more releases, like B-wings and TIE bombers or perhaps even expanding on the larger ship options. Based upon the 'Falcon and Slave I I'd love to see this as well but I don't see any official acknowledgment of any further expansions yet.

Reaction score
Woot! New ships! Okay, this is old news, but I only just twigged and I notice no one else has mentioned them yet so ... The Imperial Shuttle - awesome! A B-Wing - yayyyy! TIE Bomber - oh yeah! and the Moldy Crow - ya.. wait, what? Now there's a left field choice. Fortunately, while Kyle's ride came out of nowhere, it's one of the EU's better designs and has never been made as a mini before so it is very welcome (in my opinion anyhow).

I'm hoping they'll have some advance stock available at SDCC this July, otherwise I think we're looking at an August release.

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the pic and info. Rev. Those got by me, too. So just 4 ships in this wave, I take it.
Moldy Crow? Wow, that's one outta the Unknown Regions. Yep, it's definitely a surprising choice, what's next? The Dusty Duck? Agreed, it'll be cool to get one, though I must admit that the Crow wasn't at the top of my list of must-haves.
Still, it's always nice to get another EU design into the mix. Even if it's a brown ship. The kids just go crazy for low-polygon brown ships. :wtf:;) No "dropping the kids off at the pool" jokes, please. ;)

Hope they do a Raven's Claw and some capital ships, too. Glad that someone is still producing affordable SW ship minis, it's down to a slow trickle lately.

Reaction score
Agreed Duranium. I still haven't bought any of the FF minis yet, but I'm liking them more and more. Now, just to cough up some dough. And a big 3-cheers for the first ever release of the Moldy Crow (excluding a resin kit that was over $100).

Reaction score
Hmm interesting - I'll grab the Moldy Crow but yes, very odd choice. I just had a thought, if they're willing to make the Moldy Crow...maybe they'll make an Ebon Hawk! I'll squeal like a girl if they do, I'd be over the moon.