Fan made (unlicensed) helmets and props - discussion thread

Reaction score
I think now you can register on RPF without any problems. Dark Shadow member sells Rebel helmet like this one: "The Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet is thick 1/8" white plastic with copper coated antenna, chin cup and strap, and smoked visor"

and Gunner like this one: "I have some materials to make a few more of these. $265 plus shipping."

Last edited:
Reaction score
The RFT helmet looks good but that Gunner...well...maybe they got too close with the camera. Looks like a misshapen mess to me.

I gave up on the RPF around the time thier site got hijacked. I never enjoyed sifting through all the non SW junk.

Reaction score
I love all the helmets you have sergiu, as i`am over weight and would get a comment " aren`t you a little too over weight to be a stormtrooper"lol. So i`m on a diet and have lost 34kgs and i have promised myself a nice stormtrooper outfit when i`m down to weight i want to be, and when it isnt in use i`ll do what sergiu does and i will use a mannequin for the uniform.

Reaction score
I love all the helmets you have sergiu, as i`am over weight and would get a comment " aren`t you a little too over weight to be a stormtrooper"lol. So i`m on a diet and have lost 34kgs and i have promised myself a nice stormtrooper outfit when i`m down to weight i want to be, and when it isnt in use i`ll do what sergiu does and i will use a mannequin for the uniform.
To be honest, as much as I respect 501st, I'm not really interested in going trooping nor wearing an armor. I got all these for display. :) Mannequin is cool for 1:1 armors but it takes a lot of space. Wish I had more space since then I might have tried to get a 1:1 TIE Pilot (I have everything for it except boots and suit), Royal Guard, Scout, Snowtrooper and of course one of the coolest armors which is the AT-AT Driver. But for now I have to settle for the present limited display...

Reaction score
The RFT helmet looks good but that Gunner...well...maybe they got too close with the camera. Looks like a misshapen mess to me.
I have the gunner helmet, its pretty cool.
I've seen the Gunner over at the RPF and also thought it looked off, any chance you could post some pics of your Darth_Finger?
I'd like one of these and believe SDS is pretty accurate, just can't bring myself to give Ainsworth my cash.

Reaction score
Damn Lone Wolf really does do some fantastic work. I've been throwing this around on a few threads but I'm really interested in purchasing some accurate fan made sabers. Tried contacting Oz a few times to no avail, does anyone have any information as to where I might look? RPF doesn't seem to have much and I really don't know too many other active forums. Here are two examples of what I'm looking for (I may bid, not sure yet): Star Wars Kyle Katarn Lightsaber Prop Replica | eBay and Star Wars Princess Leia Organa Solo Lightsaber Prop Replica | eBay I really wish Oz would answer me back! lol thanks guys.

Reaction score
I just sold my SPFX and ordered a Darth Stone ESB Vader. Can't wait for it to get here...in six to eight months. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Life-size LAWS AT-AT Driver helmet and armor on custom bust. Chest-box comes with LED's that have 2 different lighting effects. This bust is simply fantastic:

Reaction score
Unbelievable amazing o-o :wub:

Must get me one of these ( and the SDS Tie and Lone Wolf Biker :weeabooface:)
This is sure the way to go after I am done with all the licensed crap, congrats!

Reaction score
Unbelievable amazing o-o :wub:

Must get me one of these ( and the SDS Tie and Lone Wolf Biker :weeabooface:)
This is sure the way to go after I am done with all the licensed crap, congrats!
Thank you. :) With the fan made items you won't need to return them for bad quality, and even if you need to get something fixed they will fix it very fast. Not many people know my LW Scout had a small crack in the front part inside (almost invisible) and LW asked me to return it and to have it fixed because he strives (like most fan creators) for perfection, everything took 2 weeks and now my Bikerscout lid is PERFECT.

At the same time with these unlicensed artists you don't need to go through various hassles like people are doing now with eFX helmets (there were some like TE or SPFX who scammed people but they were put to the corner). These unlicensed creators take a part of their soul and put it inside each prop they make, not letting some unaware, uninterested, under-paid Chinese worker do the job of assembling and painting the products for them. A HUGE difference!

Reaction score
Fantastic looking set up Sergiu! Those two make for a very impresive display

I have the Laws AT-AT Driver and a fan made one (not sure who) but I can say with ease the Laws is in a different league, all round quality!

I've never seen the chest in person but it looks just as impressive, congrats!

Reaction score
Fantastic looking set up Sergiu! Those two make for a very impresive display

I have the Laws AT-AT Driver and a fan made one (not sure who) but I can say with ease the Laws is in a different league, all round quality!

I've never seen the chest in person but it looks just as impressive, congrats!
Thank you! :)

Reaction score
So where does one get an accurate 1:1 TIE Pilot helmet? I know that SDS has a good looking one but that's just too much $/trouble for someone in the USA. And I'm not bothering with Laws as he ignores all my emails. Where do all the pilots in the 501st get theirs from?

Reaction score
It is a great helmet. :) Really upgraded compared to a few years back. The Laws AT-AT Driver helmet is also upgraded compared to the old helmets, sharper pull, better vocorder, better clock greeblies and better half moons under tusks.

Reaction score
Believe me, the Laws was my first choice as I think it looks just about perfect. And I was willing to pay the higher price ($600?) to get one. But after so many emails went unanswered I just gave up and decided that the Moncal looked pretty damn good too. So far it's been a pleasure dealing with FAC.

Reaction score
Laws Snowtrooper Commander helmet:

It is still missing something small but I will upgrade it soon. Considering this new acquisition, I think I have now all the Imperial helmets needed for my collection. Or do I? LOL

Reaction score
A superb rough stunt blaster just arrived: RS Prop Masters ESB Replica Stunt Stormtrooper Blaster Limited Run.

From RS Prop Masters Facebook page: The iconic E-11 stunt blaster from ESB, created from the original 'Pugman' blaster, direct lineage, it doesn't get any better. A must for ESB Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers. Limited to 10.

More info on RS Prop Masters Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151335648919333.487359.265114729332&type=1

Reaction score
From RS Prop Masters site:

RS Prop Masters ESB Replica Stunt Stormtrooper Blaster Limited Run

Building on the lineage of our suit we are very pleased and excited to offer an exact replica of an original Star Wars Episode IV The Empire Strikes Back background blaster. The blaster was obtained from a private collector, John, AKA Pugman from the Replica Prop Forum. He has supplied the master that came from his original blaster and a mould. This piece is a must for anyone wanting to complete a Stormtrooper as closely as possible to a complete screen used suit.

This piece is a replica that has not subject to a ‘cleaned up’ or any ‘correction’. In this case the blaster has numerous score marks and ‘rough edges’ that were on the original piece as it came to the owner in fantastic condition for an original prop. This piece is not a polished finished piece, it is a background blaster replica.

http://www.rspropmasters.com/e-11-blasters/

BTW this is the original screen used blaster it was molded from :D - it was also present in this shot:

As per RS Prop Masters message to me: "Your blaster is the unpainted black pigment blaster, so the details are very crisp, with no paint over the scratches etc. ... The one photographed on our Facebook is yours ... The COA's are due to us on the 5th." Cannot get better than that

Reaction score
I had a discussion with a good friend by email and one point that was brought up was the place where some of the props (and even other collectibles like statues etc.) are made. Most of the licensed props are made in China. Most of the unlicensed props are made in US, Canada, UK, France, Germany etc. Interesting, isn't it?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks. I suppose I could get gas mask hose from a US seller as the shipping on the above listing is kind of high. I'll just have to make sure that the diameter is correct for the holes in the helmet.