Fan made (unlicensed) helmets and props - discussion thread

Reaction score
No screen on my frown either. I would assume a few drops of glue would hold it perfectly if you were gonna add it. :)

Reaction score
Holy macarena! The M19 tank scope was used for Han Solo & Luke blasters and for ANH Stormtrooper blasters. They always went for a very high price, but this is quite insane - $3500!!!

Reaction score
I have one too, and in perfect condition. But never thought of selling it, not even for that dough. And seems the guy indeed paid all this money to get it. The price for a MR Falcon LOL.

In the end glad I got my own M19 (and M38 & M40) scope before these crazy prices. The idea with these genuine vintage greeblies and real parts is that most are not made anymore, they are hard to find, and they are hunted by both Star Wars and militaria collectors, and thus prices are going up constantly. A couple years ago you could get a M38 or M40 scope (used on E-11 blasters) for $70-80, and a Hengstler Eagle with metal sleeve for similar price or even less. Now they are $200-300, and continuously rising. The same with other scopes used for Fett or the other Han blasters. Also look at genuine Graflexes, crazy.

And if you want nice decently accurate blaster or lightsaber, you can get a Master Replicas. But if you want a really accurate prop, made just like the screen used, with real vintage parts then in many cases you need to spend a lot more than on a MR prop replica. But well worth in the end, because you'll have a prop that would be just like the screen used. And for some of the people crying about dings and warts on props, we can only say that one of the finest qualities of Star Wars, among so many others, was that the movies showed a used universe, and that made it believable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Received my TIE commission yesterday, exactly 11 months from when I sent payment. No pics yet since I need a bust to display, but it does look good. Only missing the Richard Bonehill signed plaque it was supposed to come with. :)

Reaction score
Received my TIE commission yesterday, exactly 11 months from when I sent payment. No pics yet since I need a bust to display, but it does look good. Only missing the Richard Bonehill signed plaque it was supposed to come with. :)
What are those running these days?

Reaction score
What are those running these days?
They have a newly renovated website with some options: http://www.rspropmasters.com/
I did find the estimate of "6 weeks" a bit hilarious. I've had three orders from RS now and two of the three have taken months longer than anticipated, with multiple missed ship dates and not the best communication in the meantime.

Mine was £800 with free shipping, because of some holiday deal they had going on last year when I ordered. Looking quickly at the site it appears it's £825 for the complete commission but doesn't include the helmet stand or signed plaque (though I'm sure you could add that for a fee.)

Just ordered a torso bust mannequin to display the helmet and chest box/armor, and noticed one issue with the chest armor that hopefully won't be overly noticeable when everything's assembled: there are several DEEP scratches/gouges in the ABS at the near the top middle of the chest piece. I don't mind the scuffs and irregularities that are well-documented on their replicas, but I have a hard time believing this was intentional.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Boba Fett helmet FPH2 is almost finished. I should have it in hand next week and I'll create my build thread here too! Long project coming to an end!

Reaction score
Speaking of the devil! All finished!

I'll post more when I have it in hand!

Reaction score
Helmet is done! Here's some horrible pictures! Some more updates coming over this Christmas break!

Reaction score
Seems that RS Prop Masters got the Snowtrooper helmet and backpack from the Prop Store auction: https://propstore.com/product/star-wars-ep-v-the-empire-strikes-back/lot-465-live-auction-2017-snowtrooper-helmet/ :)
Seriously excited about this! It will be nice to have a lineage snow trooper in my collection. My authentic cast lineup/original parts lineup currently consists of:

SL ANH Vader
RS ANH Stormtrooper
RS Scout Trooper
CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper
ANH Skywalker Lightsaber-genuine vintage Graflex with vintage exactra bubbles Gino grips and wannawanga d-ring

working on getting RS ESB stormtrooper and now excited to add the snow trooper. :)

Reaction score
Seriously excited about this! It will be nice to have a lineage snow trooper in my collection. My authentic cast lineup/original parts lineup currently consists of:

SL ANH Vader
RS ANH Stormtrooper
RS Scout Trooper
CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper
ANH Skywalker Lightsaber-genuine vintage Graflex with vintage exactra bubbles Gino grips and wannawanga d-ring

working on getting RS ESB stormtrooper and now excited to add the snow trooper. :)
All superb pieces mike!

Reaction score
There is a RPF run of 1:1 Force Pikes for those who are interested:

- Extremely accurate model designed from many close-up reference pictures, screen caps and photos of the exhibited prop and accurately scaled from multiple known pieces.
- Fully CNC machined from aluminum, polished and selectively anodized black to accurately resemble the filming prop. The top 'gear' section will be machined from steel just like the found piece and the pommel will be transparent acrylic as on the real prop.
- Electronics capable - the original prop had a light inside to illuminate the pommel and there will be space inside to install a light and battery to replicate this functionality or even to go beyond the real prop and add soundboard/speaker if that's what you're into.

The pre-order price to be between $175 - $200 per pike dependant on sign-ups, payable as a $100 deposit before the run begins and a second payment of the remaining amount plus shipping to be paid once they are in hand.

Build progress can be found here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=291560
Sale thread here, you need to be logged in to see it: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=294389

PS. I am not the seller, just wanting to let you guys know about this opportunity offered on RPF boards

Reaction score
I'm so excited for this helmet. I've been checking their website and Facebook page daily for months waiting for it to go up for sale. Finally! :grin:

Reaction score
One of the coolest props I got in the past years: Royal Guard Force Pike by Tom Leech from RPF. Full metal (aluminum and steel) piece, very accurate and really heavy - I mean Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster heavy (and Master Replicas quality), the pike is 122 cm long when assembled, and 1.8 kg, and you could beat someone with it easily like with a baseball bat. The finishing is simply amazing, all the details and chroming are beautifully crafted. Such an elegant prop! Pics don't do it justice. More pics later on.

Reaction score
I'm glad I picked one up too. It really is a nice piece!

I am cringing a little with it being placed on that split brick though lol. Careful not to scratch it.

Reaction score
I'm glad I picked one up too. It really is a nice piece!

I am cringing a little with it being placed on that split brick though lol. Careful not to scratch it.
I added a tiny bit of cloth underneath the pommel, exactly where it touches the ground (it also helped the pike not to rotate), but I put in such a way to stay out of the photo ;) Though even without it would be fine, this is not a fragile item by far.

Reaction score
I've been collecting Vaders since 1999
I have a huge collectionB)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Count me in to, very excited to add this to my collection. I hope RS comes through with a fantastic piece!

Right now, the only Stormy lid that I own is the one that came standard with the Anovos TK complete costume kit.
This will be a Hero, the only licensed one was made by MR/EFX as Limited Edition fiberglass. TrooperMaster also made a nice unlicensed Hero lid. But the RS one should be better than both.

Reaction score
Those look fantastic Tommy! Any chance you can post a large image of them, to see more detail?

Also, where did you get the extra x2 eFX helmet stands for your RS lids, to match the original eFX ones?

Last edited: