Fall of the Empire Diorama

Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
5,044
Reaction score
6
Location
Charleston, SC
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Ya know it actually looks good for what it is. But since it's my most disliked scene from the OT (right up there with the CGI singers in Jabba's palace) it's an easy pass for me.

I can't see this being too popular.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I find it a very cool piece. How often do we get anything Ewok? If I was strictly a Star Wars collector I would pick this up, but since I do collect other items, this will be a pass.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio



Not the dio I was hoping for but, I'm very interested in seeing how this piece comes out! I may have to pre-order it.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
5
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Sideshow hates ESB I'm convinced. They <3 ROTJ
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

rnbuda said:
Sideshow hates ESB I'm convinced. They <3 ROTJ

I don't think so. Unlike other companies "cough Gentle Giants cough"
Sideshow realizes that their are five other movies in the saga, + the Clone Wars and EU! They seem to give the WHOLE saga attention and respect. Again unlike others! They said both the AOTC Anakin vs.Tusken and ESB Vader vs Luke are coming, patience! I'm sure we won't be disappointed! Beside, like Jar Jar, the Ewoks need some love too!
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
5
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I know but it's the 30th Anniversary of ESB! Let's get some love!
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
2,890
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

everything I hated about rotj is summed up in that dio.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
15
Location
Germany
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I like it!

Exclusive is a stand alone Wicket with a little base
.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
 
Joined
Jul 20, 2010
Messages
653
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

no thank you...SS give me a Trooper killing something please..Yoda killing a 501st was enough
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
5,716
Reaction score
2
Location
Lincoln, NE
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

This is too funny! I don't remember the ewoks ever looking that mean...lol.
Bet they're still celebrating the fact that Jar Jar let them off the hook for worst SW idea ever...
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
15
Location
Germany
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
No no,it is only a dream for me
!
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

MrPickles said:
This is too funny! I don't remember the ewoks ever looking that mean...lol.
Bet they're still celebrating the fact that Jar Jar let them off the hook for worst SW idea ever...
They do look mean...Their sure getting ghetto on that poor Stormtrooper...
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
1,608
Reaction score
0
Location
Cincy
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Tusken_Raiders said:
MrPickles said:
This is too funny! I don't remember the ewoks ever looking that mean...lol.
Bet they're still celebrating the fact that Jar Jar let them off the hook for worst SW idea ever...
They do look mean...Their sure getting ghetto on that poor Stormtrooper...


I think it looks pretty cool
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
5
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

ambasah said:
everything I hated about rotj is summed up in that dio.
Pretty much!

Wookies> 501st > Ewoks
 
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
6,435
Reaction score
12
Location
England
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

It's not for me, but its not a bad looking dio. I like it.
 
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
641
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I like it, would've liked it better with a biker Scout but its still a good looking piece. Just have to find room for it.
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

This is great!! While it's not on my immediate to-buy list, I'd like to pick this up down the road.
 
G

Guest

Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
I love ROTJ too...I want.

But a shame really you never leave the GG section. It's like living in NYC and never leaving a dark alley.
 
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
856
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I wish this would in scale with the PF, would look great next to the Yoda one
 
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
1,648
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
I love ROTJ too...I want.

But a shame really you never leave the GG section. It's like living in NYC and never leaving a dark alley.

[/QUOTE]
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Jedi_StarKiller said:
DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
I love ROTJ too...I want.

But a shame really you never leave the GG section. It's like living in NYC and never leaving a dark alley.
[/QUOTE]

Um, Beek didn't say that he only posts in the GG section.
 
G

Guest

Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

The_Chosen_1 said:
Jedi_StarKiller said:
DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
I love ROTJ too...I want.

But a shame really you never leave the GG section. It's like living in NYC and never leaving a dark alley.
Um, Beek didn't say that he only posts in the GG section.


[/QUOTE]

Yea he did.


Anyway this piece has so much charm I love it. It's just so well done, maybe if they gave us more of the unexpected more often...I'd buy more. This piece is an A+ in my book.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Removed said:
The_Chosen_1 said:
Jedi_StarKiller said:
DarthBeek said:
Ok, now we're talking!

Love ROTJ, Love Endor, LOVE Ewoks ......

I seldom venture outside of my gg focus, but I will be buying this piece. A surprising addition, but more than welcome.

Is the Wicket stand alone really the exclusive??
I love ROTJ too...I want.

But a shame really you never leave the GG section. It's like living in NYC and never leaving a dark alley.
Um, Beek didn't say that he only posts in the GG section.
Yea he did.


Anyway this piece has so much charm I love it. It's just so well done, maybe if they gave us more of the unexpected more often...I'd buy more. This piece is an A+ in my book.

[/QUOTE]

Chosen is correct..... read what I typed in bold above.
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
2,890
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

It is much larger than I expected and that seems to justify the high price. but with no exclusive, this will be available for well less than msrp for those who want it.

I am still curious to see what the edition size will be.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Man, what a bunch or expensive releases from Sideshow tomorrow...

$6000 for 1:1 T-800
$1200 for Optimus Prime
$380 for Lion-O
$300 for LSB Rhino
$280 for Kabuki
$250 for Ewoks Dio
$150 for HT Chris Taylor

Im bummed on that the Ewoks dio didn't have a exclusive piece...an extra Ewok would have been sweet.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,498
Reaction score
52
Location
Dracula's Castle
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Tusken_Raiders said:
Man, what a bunch or expensive releases from Sideshow tomorrow...

$6000 for 1:1 T-800
$1200 for Optimus Prime
$380 for Lion-O
$300 for LSB Rhino
$280 for Kabuki
$250 for Ewoks Dio
$150 for HT Chris Taylor

Im bummed on that the Ewoks dio didn't have a exclusive piece...an extra Ewok would have been sweet.
Wish I had the money for the 1:1 T-800 Endo statue
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Sergiu said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
Man, what a bunch or expensive releases from Sideshow tomorrow...

$6000 for 1:1 T-800
$1200 for Optimus Prime
$380 for Lion-O
$300 for LSB Rhino
$280 for Kabuki
$250 for Ewoks Dio
$150 for HT Chris Taylor

Im bummed on that the Ewoks dio didn't have a exclusive piece...an extra Ewok would have been sweet.
Wish I had the money for the 1:1 T-800 Endo statue
No doubt...I would need a flex pay for the down payment....Funny thing is that the DP for Endo is the price of the Optimus Prime statue...
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
651
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

I like it, but this time I will wait to see if I can get it cheaper later down the road.
 
Joined
Feb 7, 2002
Messages
999
Reaction score
0
Re: Fall Of the Empire dio

Serious? Man I must be one of the few people who think this piece is more an epic win!

I love ROTJ and this is a very cool piece! A bit pricey, but pretty significant size for a "dio" piece. I dig this a ton! One of the coolest sculpts I've seen in a while! I pre-ordered!

I was seriously on the fence about Optimus Prime, but that's just way too much money and with my business needs I could much better make use of my money investing in extra video gear. Plus, payments starting at Christmas? Are you nuts? The final nail on the coffin was the last payment being April which is when my new family member arrives, my first born! MAYBE someday someone will have Optimus for sale for cheaper than online, but who knows. It stinks to not get it, but I just can't justify the cost completely despite my wife's supporting me getting it if I wanted to. Just couldn't pull the trigger on it.

Anyway back to the Ewoks piece, much more affordable and doable right now
Can't go wrong with ROTJ!
 
Top