Fake Uzays and Model Trems on EBay

Reaction score
No, not the figures I'm selling! :) 4 uzay popped up today - a chewie, vader, tfp and stormie. This same seller sold a thin armband stormie recently which looked like a botched custom.

There is something VERY off about the paint jobs of these figures. Chewies eyes are way too big, the red dots on the tfp ate too wide, and the arm and hand paint on the stormie are too thick/messy. The Vader is tough to tell because of the camera flash. The tfp pilot gun which he says is original is 100% NOT, the mold details are way off.

Its strange because the mold details for the figures look pretty close. But given the VAST number of customs he has for sale, anyone thinking of bidding on these should think twice.

Maybe Martijn or Patsy can chime in on the model trems he has for sale - they never made a blue snags did they?!

Turk

Last edited:
Reaction score
No they never made a Blue Snag on TREM. :D

The Luke XWP (TREM) also looks suspicious to me! The others are fine I guess (besides the weapons and paint).The TFP (TREM) could be partially overpainted: never saw a grey backpack on those?? And the silver on top of the helmet looks different to the silver the eyes are painted. The grey gloves are touched up for 100% IMO !!
Given the loads of customs he is selling (not only overpainted ones, also self casted ones) should do it to decide for yourself.

These are probably all touched up at least...IMO the UZAY look all real plastic wise, but as said: paintjob and weapons look suspicous!

Pitty...those do not come up often in Germany. I would have liked some of those :(

Wolff

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are right!

The Model Trem Luke X-Wing AND the Biker Scout are FAKE! (Not to mention the obvious custom Blue Snag ... :| )
Both these LXW as the BS where done by Pablo Artesi. I am 110% sure about this, no question.

Maybe you can edit the title by adding "Fake Model Trem's" Mete?

The TFP and 2nd series figures look ok to me, regarding the gray backpack, it is possible as all where handpainted, can't say for sure.

It's a strange mix of customs and touched up bootlegs this guy is selling.

~Martijn

Fake MT LXW: Star Wars Vintage Original Brazilian Model Trem " Luke Skywalker x Wing " | eBay
Fake MT BS: Star Wars Vintage Original Brazilian Model Trem " Biker Scout " Ultrarare | eBay

Reaction score
Yeah...I agree on the Biker by now..I really looked long on that Biker now and nothing does match. No ridge to the front of the feet, wrong shape of head etc.

The LXW also looked strange to me from the beginning.

Thanks for your comment Martijn....I would have been interested in a Biker. Always good to hear a professional opinion! :D

BTW: Do you have a picture of all those Pablo fakes?? Does anyone know how many he has done??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Everything on the whole page looks fake to me, barring the two mexican yodas, and one of those is questionable.
Im no trem expert, but i smell a rat with the whole lot.

Reaction score
A lot of his auctions could spell bad news in the future. We've seen the fake yellow proto Blue Snag before, the Trems are fake and I'm surprised he didn't pass the unarticulated Luke Stormies as Mexican bootlegs. Both of the Mexican Yodas are ok though, just funky bright weapons, seen them before.

Reaction score
I should echo what Wolff has mentioned, which I agree with - the Uzay figure sculpts are really really close to the real thing. The Chewie is probably the closest and may be legit. The Vader may be as well (although the saber is absolutely repro, can't tell about the cape). But its the PAINT jobs these figures have which are really strange and off.

Wolff sent me some good pics of Chewies with giant eyes, but I'm still not convinced. It could be a custom job, or a legit Chewie that took too much acid :) bid at your own peril!

Reaction score
And something I noticed on the TFP - there are remnants of a COO or date stamp on the back left leg, which obviously should not be there.

Reaction score
jeezz this days, thanks for sharing and the heads up guys.
Mete ,pm send

Reaction score
This might be partially off topic but in the context of what you said, I would like to ask a question: I noticed the auctions too. The seller does also offer "prototype" and "first shot" figures which are marked as "original". I was also concerned that such "problematic material" as prototypes and first shots were offered side by side with customs and even custom bootlegs. What do you think? Without any proper documentation these prototype figures might as well be customs, right?

Reaction score
I should echo what Wolff has mentioned, which I agree with - the Uzay figure sculpts are really really close to the real thing. The Chewie is probably the closest and may be legit. The Vader may be as well (although the saber is absolutely repro, can't tell about the cape). But its the PAINT jobs these figures have which are really strange and off.

Wolff sent me some good pics of Chewies with giant eyes, but I'm still not convinced. It could be a custom job, or a legit Chewie that took too much acid :) bid at your own peril!

Hi Turk, it seems the seller or person he has got these from has been making molds of everything, and pretty good ones at that, if so isnt it a good chance he has just made molds of the Trems and painted them up ?

Reaction score
This might be partially off topic but in the context of what you said, I would like to ask a question: I noticed the auctions too. The seller does also offer "prototype" and "first shot" figures which are marked as "original". I was also concerned that such "problematic material" as prototypes and first shots were offered side by side with customs and even custom bootlegs. What do you think? Without any proper documentation these prototype figures might as well be customs, right?

All auctions say: Vintage original custom made real prototype!

He has the word "real" and "original" in it but there is always a "custom made" in the describtion. Maybe misleading but obviously not real and not described as real.

Whereas the Trems and Uzays are described as real.

@Turk: I agree by now: The Uzay TFP looks like a complete fake! Wow...

@AussieFortuna: Most of those "customs" were sold on ebay once and IMO this guy didn't make one piece himself! As Martijn already mentioned: The Trem fakes are Pablo's work. Also the quality of some compared to otheres is very inconsistent IMO.

In the German forum it is assumed that this guy has multiple accounts! I let you know more as soon as I know more ;). The actual account was already suspected earlier.

Wolff

Reaction score
No not all say Vintage original custom made. Especially the "Leia Endor Prototype" says "this is just original - no custom or bootleg!"

hmm...

All auctions say: Vintage original custom made real prototype!

He has the word "real" and "original" in it but there is always a "custom made" in the describtion. Maybe misleading but obviously not real and not described as real.

Whereas the Trems and Uzays are described as real.

@Turk: I agree by now: The Uzay TFP looks like a complete fake! Wow...

@AussieFortuna: Most of those "customs" were sold on ebay once and IMO this guy didn't make one piece himself! As Martijn already mentioned: The Trem fakes are Pablo's work. Also the quality of some compared to otheres is very inconsistent IMO.

In the German forum it is assumed that this guy has multiple accounts! I let you know more as soon as I know more ;). The actual account was already suspected earlier.

Wolff

Reaction score
...if so isnt it a good chance he has just made molds of the Trems and painted them up ?

No :) The Model Trem LXW and BS are typical Pablo fakes with all characteristics. Did show those to a few at CE2. The other 2 Model Trem figs (TFP and 2nd series one) are ok by make and paint as far as I can see.

Thanks for your comment Martijn....I would have been interested in a Biker. Always good to hear a professional opinion! :D

BTW: Do you have a picture of all those Pablo fakes?? Does anyone know how many he has done??

I do have a list of all the Pablo fakes plus pics to compare. Be carefull with Luke X-Wing, Biker Scout, Bib Fortuna, Klaatu Skiff, Ree Yees, IG-88, Emperor, Gammorean Guard and stay far far away from all At-At Commander plus Leia Hoth figures. (and any other "new" discovered figures/characters)

~Martijn

Reaction score
..... The other 2 Model Trem figs (TFP and 2nd series one) are ok by make and paint as far as I can see....

Hey Martijn,

I disagree on the TFP. As said IMO the gloves and boots are touched up and maybe also the silver stripe to the top of the helmet. I am 100% sure on the gloves and boots. You can see for sure lightgrey "touch ups" compared to tha darker grey color in some places!

Anyway: Thank you very very much for your comments Martijn....pm on the way ;)

Best

Wolff

Reaction score
If theres any doubts on the legitimacy of any of these trems, the blue snag trem really seals the deal, considering that they never made one, im not sure how anybody could take any of these pieces seriously, but theres a sucker born every minute, there seems to be plenty bidding on them, has anybody sent a note to the seller, i feel like sending him one regarding the snag lol.

Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry I'm late imo
lxw fake ! head sculpt wrong paint wrong
Blue snag fake ! No need for explanation
biker scout fake ! Arm molding to beefy,
front helmet above eyes should have two levels of lines
Back of left leg has no mold seem going up towards back of knee
Tfp IMO fake! Were Back of bottom helmet
Ends mold should taper in not bulge out ,
Unless that's a new mold variation I'm not aware of .
Only figure that's legit IMO is second series
Soldero rebelde.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tfp IMO fake! Were Back of bottom helmet
Ends mold should taper in not bulge out ,

Hey Patsy, thanks for your opinion, allthough I am not sure what you mean by this: "Were Back of bottom helmet
Ends mold should taper in not bulge out"

Did compare the auction pic as good as possible (limited by the plastic baggie) to my six different MT TFP's and found one who does look very similar.
Do indeed agree now to Wolffs statement about the figure being touched-up/repainted.

~Martijn

Reaction score
Hey Patsy, thanks for your opinion, allthough I am not sure what you mean by this: "Were Back of bottom helmet
Ends mold should taper in not bulge out"

Did compare the auction pic as good as possible (limited by the plastic baggie) to my six different MT TFP's and found one who does look very similar.
Do indeed agree now to Wolffs statement about the figure being touched-up/repainted.

~Martijn

Hey Patsy,

I agree with Martijn though. IMO the figure looks good. It also would be strange if a fake had touched up gloves and boots??

I have sadly no time to compare to mine...will do later (hopefully)

Wolff

Reaction score
Maybe its just the glare but it looks like the back of his neck has a bunch of small lumps bulging out under the bottom of the helmet. But I agree with wolff ,most people wouldn't touch up a fake, maybe its legit idk pics are not clear enough to me.I still might bid on blue snag for the cheesy factor!

Reaction score
Holy crap, I'm totally buying that crappy Wicket repaint with the googly eyes. and If I don't win it, I'm going to go buy a pack of googly eye things and make a bunch of my own... Too awesome

Reaction score
Lol, when I saw the Uzay on German eBay, which I check out ounce in awhile. Stormies paint looks flat black, with bluefish looking ink stains. Glove painted wrong. Too thick a lines. TFP with coo, part reading LFL, and painted looking legs, boots look a tad off. Vader??? Chewie, hard to tell! Seeing he has all Custom, RARE!!! All over everything, I think he customs whatever.
Sad to see customs of some damn fine lines of bootlegs from around the world coming out in our bootleg collecting community.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Reaction score
Also late to the party. I already feel bad for asking this before I even posted this, but what do you think about the Poncho Leia?

EDIT: To me it looks like a mix of Kenner production and unpainted overstock. Strange though that he marked every other figure as custom though, just not this one.
Some nice customs and I wanted to have some of them, but not for the prices they go for...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also late to the party. I already feel bad for asking this before I even posted this, but what do you think about the Poncho Leia?

EDIT: To me it looks like a mix of Kenner production and unpainted overstock. Strange though that he marked every other figure as custom though, just not this one.
Some nice customs and I wanted to have some of them, but not for the prices they go for...

Hi mate, i was going to put a bid in on this, but after checking pictures of the real Leia poncho hard copies and first shots i realise it was a fake for sure.
The dead give away was the plastic between the thumb and index finger of the left hand, there was no gap, it was just one solid hand, a dead give away imho, also a total lack of detail in the face.
Also if real theres no way you would list it with no info in the way he did, it was all very sheepish, there where alarm bells ringing all over the place for it, cheers

Last edited: