Fake ESB R2D2 Sensorscope MOC

Reaction score
It's kind of obvious...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star ... ctupt=true

See the obvious tape underneath the bubble which is used by the spanish resoration kit seller on eBay (I have bought a couple in my time).

Plus the cardback itself is too light and faint in colour and of a matt finish. Plus bubble stem too short. Notice the effort to make it look authentic by cracking the bubble and rubbing some litho off.

I have messaged the seller stating this so see if they take any notice.

The first thing to me that gave it away was the obvious tape and tape lines underneath the bubble where the tape ends and another starts.

Oh it just gets better (and should have spotted this first off)... no 4-lom offer sticker on the front, lol!

Also, having a closer look at the R2 itself it's even got nice clean shiny new fake decals, lol.

If anyone see's this please report it as 'Copyright and trademark/Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer/Counterfeit, fake, or replica items'.

Hopefully if enough people report it then it will get removed. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fair play to the guy. :)

I replied thanking him for his honesty and to relist it as a recarded figure adding what I had mentoned in short and not to chuck it away as there will be someone willing to buy it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the scope Malone!!!!! However why would a seller list a collectable without researching it first?

Reaction score
Thanks for the scope Malone!!!!! However why would a seller list a collectable without researching it first?
Not everyone thinks the same or this World would be a very different place my friend. ;)

Plus, I did notice on their other lsitings that they sell vintage things but SW are not their norm.