Factory error IG-88

Reaction score
Hello gentlebeings, I need your help with something. Don't know much of the terminology, so please bear with me. Nearly fifteen years ago, I bought an IG-88 (the silver variant) from my local comic store. What I didn't notice at the time was that it had two right arms. Having been young at the time, I was disappointed that it wasn't "correct" and eventually purchased a normal IG-88 later down the line. Now being an adult, I've realized that this thing could be valuable, or at the very least rare collector's piece. Are factory errors like this common? How would I go about getting this thing valued? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is just an arm swap by some enterprising fellow. I suppose it could have happened at the factory but there is no way to authenticate that.

Dax

Reaction score
Nope. You can place figures in near boiling water which after a few minutes softens the flexible plastic. It's then pretty easy to 'pop' a limb or a head out of the body, swap them around and then put them back in without any damage or visible evidence. People have been customising figures like this for ages.

It's not worth anything extra, and is potentially worth less to most collectors. My advice, keep it in your collection as a curiousity.