Expanded Universe General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I agree Krayt, Hasbro should notice how well EU figures do in fan's choice, how much EU figures go for on ebay and amazon (kotor and tor figures especially), how quickly these figures go in the stores, and how quickly the EU stuff sold out on their own online toy shop. This should give Hasbro an idea of demand for EU figures.

Reaction score
Yeah I also agree, I mean even if little Timmy doesn't buy up a retooled Darth Revan.
We all know the scalpers will scoop up every figure they see, to sell on ebay and charge thee times as much to people who cannot find him!

While hasbro and certian OT collectors may think EU is too big of a gamble, most all of us can agree there is a market for these figures.
But they will definitely sell through, and if they don't I'd definitely buy any EU pegwarmers that anyone finds in their area.

Reaction score
And let's face it, little Timmy will probably buy a Revan too.

Because Revan looks awesome.

And that's how little boys pick things out.

Reaction score
EU peg warmers? Is this possible for a single card EU figure to peg warm? Usually I have to go on ebay after weeks, in some cases years of searching to get the EU I'm looking for and pay more than I normally would.
And exactly, my little brother and cousin have been sucked into collecting thanks to me an my other brother, and they buy things based on how cool they look, not on if they've seen them on TV. And kotor and other EU characters are some of the coolest looking in the SW universe.

Reaction score
As much as I love the movies, I think you'd see an obscure character from the OT or PT pegwarming before a solid EU character. I cant even remember a modern EU character that didnt do well. I do agree with Hasbro that there is a window of opportunity to sell certain characters, but I think that window will only optimize sales. Releasing a character from an older EU source will likely see strong sales as well. Look at Kneesaa from the Ewok multipack - its a character from decades ago, yet the pack did really well and the character enjoyed success on the secondary market as a single loose figure as well...

Reaction score
I will say about Kneesaa though two things her favour, first she's an Ewok and is there a figure out there right now hotter than Ewoks? And secondly, she is the first female Ewok we have been available to get. So she is a definite for a lot of fans.

Sure there may be a window of best opportunity (ie with the release of a game) but the games that do well and have lasting fans, or extremely well designed characters those figures will sell later on down the road. If Hasbro did a good job on Darth Sion you not think he would be gone in an instant? How long has it been since KOTOR 2 was out? Granted, other figures might not do as well. However, a little research is all that Hasbro really would need to do to see what they can put out.

As for the last EU characters that didn't do well. I think you have to go back to the Quarren and Mon Calamari knight figure EU wave for characters that didn't sell as well. How many years ago was that now?

Reaction score
Exactly, I don't think there's a wrong time to release an EU figure, especially an iconic one like Sion (though I would rather see Kreia). If Sion were released (and done right) he would be a huge hit. Many other characters from the game could do quite well such as Visas, Zaalbar (everyone loves the wookies!), Canderous and basic soldiers like the Mandalorians of that time and the Sith Troopers. A rakghoul wouldn't hurt either. These characters all look cool, and would move fast I think.
And I think the Quarren and Mon Cala were from the old CW, I don't quite consider that EU, more of stepping stones leading up to episode 3. Yet they didn't peg warm for long in my area, mostly just Yarna and Bane Malar took up the shelves for almost over a year.

Reaction score
See I didn't think the Quarren Soldier and Mon Cal Warrior pegwarmed, so much as just hung around a little longer than most.
Granted even though I bought a few of each, I felt they were probably bad choices given the numerous other characters that could have been made.

But it's not exactly like they over stayed their welcome like so many other figures do.

It's one thing for Hasbro to choose the characters, then say EU doesn't sell well.
And whole other thing if we choose the characters and they don't sell well.

If Hasbro chooses characters that we're not all that interested in, they blame us for not buying them.
And then say they aren't popular enough to do.

How can you accurately decide like that?

Reaction score
Yeah, something else could have been released in the Quaren and Mon Cal's place, even something from the same CW series like Durge or even an updated shirtless Kit Fisto from that one episode. I'm glad the Quarren and Mon Cal got out, but it should have been through a comic pack or BP with the Scuba clone and even a shirtless Kit. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. Never the less, they still sold pretty well in my area, they were around for maybe a month or two, then they were gone while Yarna and Bane, and even Gree lingered.
The past fan picked EU figures sold well, (for anyone who could actually find them in the stores) and I have no doubt Mara will become a $20-$40 figure whenever she's released. And if they make the figure look like the character, it'll still sell to kids depending on how cool it looks. So whether the figure is well known or not doesn't have a lot of influence on a kid's decision for toys, my little brother picked up many figures before he saw the movies because they were cool to him.

Reaction score
Suited Malgus pretty well.

A carded Malgus wouldn't look nearly as good on one of the more cartoony or generic cardbacks.

Reaction score
I think that would be nice, and maybe a Bastila with an actual game reference photo. Everyone wins, we get another shot at Bastila, she gets a card with her actual likeness from the game and Hasbro can make some fans happy. Even if it's an exclusive of some type. I'd be down to see other kotor and tor characters on vintage cards as well, it was very suiting.

Reaction score
I think that would be nice, and maybe a Bastila with an actual game reference photo. Everyone wins, we get another shot at Bastila, she gets a card with her actual likeness from the game and Hasbro can make some fans happy. Even if it's an exclusive of some type. I'd be down to see other kotor and tor characters on vintage cards as well, it was very suiting.
Unfortunately I doubt we'll get an EU character with a picture sourced from whatever game/comic/whatever they were in. They've all had new artwork drawn up for them so far, as far as I can remember.

If they ever do put out Bastila again I sure hope she gets a better head sculpt. Her last one was one of the worst in TVC in my opinion.

Reaction score
^ seriously...she looks like a metro teenage boy. I tend to only look at the card and not the figure when I pass by her display area. lol

Reaction score
Shae's is a mediocre sculpt, but nowhere near as derpy looking as Bastila's. The Shae figure at least kinda, sorta looks like the character. If someone had just shown me the Bastila head I would have never been able to figure out which character is was supposed to be.

Plus at least with Shae you can switch to the helmeted head.

Reaction score
Yes, neither Shae's or Bastila's heads were great, and to add insult to injury they painted Bastila's face, so she really can't take a fall without the paint chipping. And the clothing on her should be more of a tan, and not that faint yellow. Lastly, there are slight problems with the tunics that don't match the game just right, but that's not a big deal for me. But hey, Hasbro still made her, she may not be perfect but I'm content with it.

Reaction score
If they ever do put out Bastila again I sure hope she gets a better head sculpt. Her last one was one of the worst in TVC in my opinion.
Almost makes me not want to even ask for Satele Shan, if they're going the eff up the face.

IMO Nihilus is just fine the way he is, so a repack would be fine with me.
But Revan and Malak really need to be retooled, or an all new figure made.
I can live with a retooled Revan, but IMO Makak needs to be all new.
Nothing about that figure is very good, especially the head sculpt.

I honestly don't see any of this happening now, even a straight Revan repack seems unlikely.
Given the direction they are going as a whole.

Reaction score
I never understood why Hasbro always refused to repack Revan
Yes, I would like a new sculpt but the amount of people saying they wanted the figure released again made too much sense not to repack it at some point

Reaction score
I'd agree that Nihilus is passable enough, although I wouldn't mind seeing a new version without the moronic dreadlocks Hasbro arbitrarily decided to add.

Reaction score
I think a new Nihilus with a better skirt would be great. Maybe give him a bit of a height boost as well, HK could use one too. The dreadlocks aren't a problem for me, seeing as I leave him with his hood on.

Reaction score
I didn't mind the dreadlocks. The figure still hid it well, I wouldn't have known he had them if I had not seen the photo archive entry. All in all, the figure is great and doesn't really need an update. A repack would be nice.

On the matter of dreadlocks, it reminded me of a custom by Stronox

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be good with a repack, though I would prefer a height boost and updated skirt. He towered over everyone in the game, the figure should reflect that.
Yes, I like that custom Stronox did, that was a little while back, wasn't it? I loved it then, and now. still looks really cool and a very clever usage of parts.

Reaction score
I keep having this bad feeling that the lack of EU figures in the line not only means that Disney doesn't care, but that they intend to completely overhaul the entire EU. They've already said that Episode 7 won't use anything from the books and they canceled The Clone Wars. Seems to me their next move is to wipe the whole slate clean, especially with all of the spin-offs they have planned... Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. :\

Reaction score
I'm sure that's the direction they're moving to, Hasbro has always been EU shy. Now that Disney own SW, and their love of Making money off the OT. I totally expect EU to be totally phased out, or at the very least reinterpreted.

Reaction score
Ive been going through the old Clone Wars animated action figure line based on the old original 2-3 minute Clone Wars show years ago.

Now there's been good figures made so far like a new Fordo and then the Legacy Collection's Krukkwhatshisname and I like the realistic look of Saesee Tiin with one horn missing.

Anyone else know what characters besides Durge showed up in that old cartoon?

Reaction score
If it's original CW figures you're trying to list, there's the Lancer Obi-Wan, Shirtless Anakin, IG Lancer Droid, The Mon Cala warrior and the squid head, the BAD L8-L9 (?) droid, Chameleon droid, Scuba clone, Clone Heavy Gunner, Yoda on Kybuck and there might be some more. Hasbro has actually been fairly decent with us when it comes to original CW stuff.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the EU is being phased out as well by Hasbro/Disney. But as I was sorting through my collection the other day I came to the conclusion that a large portion of it is EU figures, from comic packs to CW figures, from multipacks to TFU figures, Hasbro/Disney would be crazy to get rid of these figures.

What I think(dream) Hasbro would do with the EU is give it its very own single-carded line. I know this sounds crazy but if they did it right it could be very successful in my opinion. First limit it to only 3 or 4 figures per wave. 2nd limit character selection to mostly Jedi, Sith, and clone deco variations (popular with kids and collectors) with a few other character types sprinkled in. 3rd stick to mainly straight repacks/rereleases, and rely heavily on kitbashes and repaints, with some resculpting/tooloing and all new parts. Include a weapons locker like old SL, but this time don't only include guns, try lightsaber hilts and blades. Aslo have every other wave include a brand-new sculpted figure. I would keep all realistic clone wars figures in this line along with single card releases of BAD figures. Aslo don't be afraid to try generic figures not necessarily a named characters (ex. Falleen Jedi)

With these guidelines figure possibilities would be endless. I feel like it would also fill an important niche for collectors and kids alike not to mention army building possibilities. It would be important to drawn from varying source material for each wave as well.

I would forsee something like this for waves:

Wave 1:
Realistic Commander Wolffe (VC45 Repaint new headsculpt)
Jedi Master Tholme (Straight repack)
Princess Kneesaa (Straight repack)
Darth Krayt (new hands)

Wave 2
Falleen Jedi (kitbash of jedi body w/ parts from Prince Xizor)
Darth Sion (all-new figure)
Grand Admiral Thrawn (straight repack)
Republic Commando Fixer (straight repack)

Wave 3:
L8-L9 (Repacked BAD)
Clone Emperor (Straight Repack)
Jacen Solo (Straight Repack)
Dark Trooper Phase 1 (Straight Repack)

Wave 4
Zayne Carrick (all-new figure)
Darth Revan (retoolded, new head sculpt, soft goods)
Commander Keller (straight repack)

.............just a thought.

Reaction score
Top of my current "Most Wanted" list for EU characters I'd like to see as action figures are Kerra Holt (of course!), Ania Solo (seriously check out the new Legacy comics, she's a great mix of Leia and Han) and Morrigan Corde (that's Cade Skywalker's Mother if you don't know) :D

Reaction score
Hi guys! My google fuu is failing me so I wonder if someone here might be able to point me in the right direction? Is there a check list of some sort of just the Old Republic (swtor game) figures released in the Expanded Universe line? I can't seem to find anything like that :(

Reaction score
There were only three figures from TOR :

- Darth Malgus (TVC)
- Shae Vizla (TVC)
- Republic Trooper (TVC)

as for KOTOR :
- Darth Revan (TAC line)
- Darth Malak (TAC line)
- HK-47 (TLC Build-a-Droid)
- HK-50 (TLC Build-a-Droid)
- Bastilla Shan (TVC)
- Darth Nihilus (TLC Evolution Pack)

And if you want to increase to Tales of the Jedi and other Old Republic era figures :
- Ulic Qel-Droma & Exar Kun (TLC Comic Pack)
- Mandalore (TAC/TLC Evolution pack)
- Darth Bane (TLC Evolution pack)

Reaction score
I just recently discovered this thread in my wandering across these forums... I figured I add my two cents. I love EU figures and I also do not understand why Hasbro has such a problem making them. They claim EU figures have limited appeal as the kids are unfamiliar with. Yet every EU figure released fills off the shelf and the value of these soars almost immediately after production ends. Is Hasbro that stupid not to see this while the thousandth Vader warms the pegs across retailers. I just don't understand how this company has gotten so far off track and is going to hurt itself financially due to poor decision making. You'd think they want to maximize sales and they could easily do that if they did some market research and watched how their product moved then adjust their strategy. When I say market research I mean good research. They claim they dropped to the 5 POA from talking to parents. Yet everywhere the 5 POA garbage clogs the pegs and has been clearanced just about everywhere and even at clearance it still is moving slowly. I think at this point collectors primarily drive sales for Star Wars. The exception was of course the Clone Wars which collectors bought but so did parents and kids who watched the show. Hasbro you are only hurting yourself!

Rant aside I'd love to see some more figures from Star Wars Legacy.
-More Sith; aliens covered in Sith tattoos, what's not to love! Especially Darth Maladi
-Jariah Syn (come on I want to round out the trio)
-Azlyn Rae (bounty hunter or Imperil Knight/either works for me, Hasbro could do it on the cheap using existing molds in Imperial armor)
-Marasiah Fel
-Morrigan Corde
-Emperor Fel
-Shado Vao
-Wolf Sazen
-Rasi Tuum

I also won't mind a straight rerelease of Masters Tholme and Tra'Saa. This comic pack was one of my most haunting moments in toy collecting. I once saw this comic in stock on HTS but had no money at the time (being a graduate student who had just paid rent will do that) and hoped it would still be in stock once I got paid. I'm sure you can imagine what happened. Never in stock again on HTS, never saw at retail, and have not seen again for a reasonable price since. I am not able to afford over $100 for two 3 3/4 inch figures or am I willing. I have a family and cannot use my money in that way. I still have a spot reserved on my shelf for Tholme next to Quinlan and Aayla in hopes of obtaining it someday though.