Expanded Universe General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Discuss all the random Expanded Universe toy related items in here.

Reaction score
Sounds a little like segregation to me, lol!

Kidding aside, I thought we already had a thread for EU discussions.
Just nothing really to talk about except the 3 TOR figures.:(

Reaction score
To talk about future coming TOR figures...
maybe 1313 figures
maybe the return of comic packs

Reaction score
I have heard 1313 would be like TFU or SOTE, in that it would be multi-media. I hope we get at least the main character as a figure.
TOR I would love Satele, Ven Zallow, Kao Cen Darach, Nico Okarr, and T7-O1, followed by Eleena Daru and Vindican. I'd also love helmetless Revan.
However, I would love more non-VG EU figures, like Anakin Solo and especially Ben Skywalker and Zayne Carrick.

Reaction score
I am surprised we don't have Satele yet, but then again she is a female and Hasbro doesn't like to make female figures. She so deserved a figure before Shae Vizla. You do mention a lot of great figures though that I would love to own. Revan though needs a new Darth version to correct the old one and a new helmetless one as well

Reaction score
I am surprised we don't have Satele yet, but then again she is a female and Hasbro doesn't like to make female figures. She so deserved a figure before Shae Vizla. You do mention a lot of great figures though that I would love to own. Revan though needs a new Darth version to correct the old one and a new helmetless one as well
She definitely deserved a figure more than Shae - but in 2013 some TOR figures will be coming so I'm sure she's one.

Reaction score
I have heard 1313 would be like TFU or SOTE, in that it would be multi-media. I hope we get at least the main character as a figure.
TOR I would love Satele, Ven Zallow, Kao Cen Darach, Nico Okarr, and T7-O1, followed by Eleena Daru and Vindican. I'd also love helmetless Revan.
However, I would love more non-VG EU figures, like Anakin Solo and especially Ben Skywalker and Zayne Carrick.
Also Qyzen Fess!

Reaction score
Scourge is a must after reading Revan....

Are you sure we are getting the TOR figures in 2013? We were supposed to get a battlepack but they moved the figures to the individual line and since we have already seen about 2/3 of what is coming next year I fear we might only get one TOR figure next year (if that)

Reaction score
With the announcement of VII in 2015.
Do you guys think we will see much EU figures coming out within the next few years?

Reaction score
Doubtful since they need a year of planning before release.
Unless they already have something in the pipeline besides the TOR BP getting broke up into singles.
If we see anything between now and then, it will most likely be TOR related.

Reaction score
-Kao Cen-Darach and Darth Marr are really the only figures I want from TOR. Other than Mandalorians, of course.

Reaction score
Why do so many of the masks from TOR Sith look similar to Revan's? Is there some point to that?

Kao Cen-Darach, would be good to get but I still want Satele Shan first. Zen Vallow is high on my list too

Reaction score
Why do so many of the masks from TOR Sith look similar to Revan's? Is there some point to that?
Well, I don't think so. Maybe the Sith Lords are "remembering" him? Of course, the events of the Revan novel would be kept very hush-hush, so few, if any, Sith other than the Emperor and Scourge would know Revan had returned to the Jedi. Other Sith could just consider him a martyr that died trying to overtake the Republic.

Reaction score
Well I've pretty much decided today that if nothing new come, I wont be buying anything.
I'm just too fed up core updates and rehashes, the line is stale to me now.

I even decided not to buy any much needed updates of Vintage figures.

Reaction score
Not much of anything, really. I don't really care how amazing the versions of characters we're getting in the Black Series are, the fact of the matter is that they're characters we've seen many times over.

Reaction score
EU figures really made the line interesting, and most of them sell really well because of demand. EU characters also rank highly in the Hasbro Fans Choice Poll. I sincerely hope they reconsider, and add some others (beside Mara) to the TBS line. Things are going to get real boring otherwise.

I'm using this break to fill a few gaps in my collection... I looked back to the original EU figures from POTF2, since I didnt collect back then - and ordered an Imperial Sentinel. I love that its based on a concept design. I figured this version would do since they'll likely never resculpt it...

Reaction score
Is there any indication that EU figures are always produced in smaller numbers?
Obviously the figures sell well, and even OT people like to point out it isn't like that in every area although they themselves never see one. But I always see the arguement that they are produced in lower numbers and which is why they sell (out) well.

Reaction score
EU figures really made the line interesting, and most of them sell really well because of demand. EU characters also rank highly in the Hasbro Fans Choice Poll. I sincerely hope they reconsider, and add some others (beside Mara) to the TBS line. Things are going to get real boring otherwise.

I'm using this break to fill a few gaps in my collection... I looked back to the original EU figures from POTF2, since I didnt collect back then - and ordered an Imperial Sentinel. I love that its based on a concept design. I figured this version would do since they'll likely never resculpt it...
Problem with the POTF2 figure is it's only slightly bigger than an average figure, while the Sentinels are supposed to be bloody giants.

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed in some artwork that they tower over other characters. I like the design though, the head reminds me of the concept IG-88. While the figure might be a fossil to some, its "new to me" and something interesting to obtain during these "dark times" of little to no EU figures.

Reaction score
Yeah, I love my Imperial Sentinel, he adds diversity to my imperial collection. I hear Hasbro will consider putting some EU figures in The Black Series depending on how the line goes. I think 2013 will be Hasbro testing the waters for their new lines, come 2014 we might be seeing some more EU figures, I hope.

Reaction score
Without EU, what can they really do for three years to keep the line interesting?
I think their hope is that the new 6" scale and the 5 POA figures will maintain enough interest in the line to keep it lucrative.

And for many fans, the line will remain interesting.

Of course I'm with you guys; new 3.75" SA EU characters would be way more interesting than anything we're slated to get so far.

Reaction score
^So would more animated-style TCW characters, for me. So both things I find interesting have been killed off.

Damn no-edit-button-having section.

Reaction score
I like both styles. I really enjoy the realistic TVC figures and realistic figures in general, but I also enjoyed the TCW line. If I had to pick one I'd go for realistic, easily, but both are fun.

But yeah, I was excited when I heard about realistic Rex.

Reaction score
I hear Hasbro will consider putting some EU figures in The Black Series depending on how the line goes. I think 2013 will be Hasbro testing the waters for their new lines, come 2014 we might be seeing some more EU figures, I hope.
I hope they don't use 2013 data to determine the lines popularity, there's nothing to get excited so how could sales be any good.

And basing the decision on whether to put EU in the line, based on how well it does is idiotic.
TAC did excellent and it had lots of EU figures, come to think of it the line hasn't performed well ever since then.
And oddly is missing an EU presence.

But honestly TBS doesn't look ike it will perform very well, to count on that statement.

Reaction score
I dont expect the TBS line to do very well in 2013, especially without the 3D movies. The exciting new characters simply arent there - they are almost all resculpts. If Hasbro bases EU popularity on anything, it should be focused on how well previous offerings did. Look at the EU stuff even last year, like Malgus and Starkiller, who both sold out countless times on Amazon, even when buyers had to pay a premium over the MSRP. At retail we saw the same thing (if you were able to find them) - the EU figures moved, and fast.

Reaction score
Very good points guys, Hasbro should have recognized when Kotor and other EU characters were successful in fan's choice polls, and then the near instant sell outs of the EU figures on their online toyshop, and Amazon and so on. If they base their decision to put make more EU figures on the success of TBS, I'm not sure what the results will be. All I know is I'm sick of seeing Sandtroopers, Lukes and Anakins, some more EU would do the line some good.

Reaction score
Hasbro's biggest problem with EU characters is they think they are niche characters that only have a limited time to be available otherwise no one would buy them. If they don't put out characters within a time period of the game/comic release, they think it might sit on shelves and no one will buy it. Hasbro hasn't realized that most of us want these characters no matter how long it's been. How many of us are still asking for figures from KOTOR 1&2?

It's Star Wars, these figures don't have expiry dates