exclusives!

Reaction score
starwars.com
My question is what is the deal with having exclusives when they sell out in the first day. Besides that you offer them online in adds- isee them all the time, so i suppose that you have them in stock. When i go to check it says you are out of product. YOu should not have adds advertising the figure if you cannot sell them- that is false advertising By the way as a business you need some new managers or something and market people. itell ya as a marketer especially on the internet i would have a full analysis on what items i sell, especially the action figure exclusives, considering you know they will sell out.i can almost guarantee that your business will fail if you do not do something about your business practices.

just my 2 cents

Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I also have to mention that I hate it when they send out the email about an upcoming exclusive the day after it's put up on the web site and they've already sold out.

Reaction score
I agree 100% however we all know that even if SWS.COM doesnt improove they will never close

Reaction score
I hate all this exclusive crap only from them. Exclusives were awesome when you could only get it from certain stores like Target, TRU and Walmart or any of the conventions. Now that Swshop is selling random crap to get money out of us, it diminishes the whole idea of exclusives.

Reaction score
i lost faith in SWS a long time ago.... they need an 800 number to win me back..... or a super cool exclusive!

Reaction score
I can't complain about online exclusives because it is the only way I am able to get any exclusive. I never saw any of the Target Exclusives in the store, except for the Lava Vader and that is only because scalpers couldn't buy more than one per person. I checked 3 different Targets in my area frequently each time an exclusives came out and never saw one on the peg. Although I did see plenty of full cases being sold on eBay by people from my area.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've found you have to be sitting at your computer the second they are available. I got lucky and happened to order the Toy Fair Vader within the first four hours it was available a few years back for $10. My only mistake - not ordering more.

Reaction score
I agree with all of you. When the covert ops came out it went so fast I couldnt get one. Then the second wave went faster than the first. Why dont the have enough for everyone who wants one to at least get one of them. It opens up a new market for scalpers just like sports tickets. I say do away with all this online exclusive junk.

Reaction score
I'm really scared if some of the other clones that are on the rumored list actually show up like the marines, faie, and neyo. i was lucky enough to find some covert ops clones at a comic convention from a local seller. he surprisingly had a fifteen dollar price tag on them. i just had to pick up two of them. the only down side was that they didn't have the outer cases, but i open so it wasn't that big of a deal. i would much rather be buying from honest toy sellers like that couple than SWS.com. atleast they don't gauge on shipping as i suspect SWS.com does.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the covert ops trooper the day it was first available to do so. I got another one off ebay for my stepson for a fairly reasonable price.

I did pre-order the Lucas Family Collector set from them, but their selection is not good. Only a few RoTS action figures and, even then, who wants a Mon Mothma or Bail Organa that hasn't already bought one?

One would think a wider variety of SW merchandise would be available. Think of being able to purchase individual figures from them instead of buying cases from EE.