Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Reaction score
I'm not all crazy over the sculpts of these figures but as a novelty items I do miss them in my collection and regret not getting Kun when I passed on it many times on ebay, whether by not bidding or increasing bid. But I wont pay $50 for a figure.
Sculpt-wise they're not spectacular, but since they're the only two Tales of the Jedi figures made so far, I'm really glad I got them when I did.

I was really hoping for another pack with Nomi Sunrider & Freedon Nadd, but not enough people loved the Comic Packs like I did. C'est la vie.:\

Reaction score
I'm still on the hunt for a not-absolutely-ridiculously over-priced Exar Kun. Anyone have one they'd like to part with? Thanks!

mfk

Reaction score
wow.

I just got my Ulic in the mail from eBay thus ending the most ridiculous and expensive hunt of my entire collecting life. $46 + shipping. A "Steal!"

When these first hit, I saw one in the wild at Newbury Comics in Boston and they had marked it up to $40 for the 2-pack and I scoffed at the notion of paying so much for two action figures and a comic. Little did I know that not only would I never see them at retail again, but that the $40 would be the lowest price I'd ever see. The set was already up to $80 on ebay by that winter and never went down. At the time Exar Kun was the hard figure to get but that guy in Hong Kong who gets all the factory seconds had a bunch of Ulics on eBay for a while I just assumed that he was in abundance and so I kept holding off on picking him up because if i found a good deal on the 2 pack, I didn't want to shell out so much for what would be a duplicate Ulic. When I finally did get an Exar Kun for around $75 last year, I set my sights on tracking down an Ulic figure, but this guy had pretty much disappeared and was now commanding even HIGHER prices than Exar Kun was! This was the only time I've ever seen him for under $80. I've been collecting modern star wars figures for over 12 years at this point and i've never seen anything like this. I remember thinking $20 for an POTF2 slideshow commtech Admiral Motti was outrageous, but nothing ever prepared me for something as expensive as this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wow.

I just got my Ulic in the mail from eBay thus ending the most ridiculous and expensive hunt of my entire collecting life. $46 + shipping. A "Steal!"

I've been collecting modern star wars figures for over 12 years at this point and i've never seen anything like this. I remember thinking $20 for an POTF2 slideshow commtech Admiral Motti was outrageous, but nothing ever prepared me for something as expensive as this.
My condolences

Reaction score
I probably saw about 10 of these comic packs hanging at various Targets when they first came out. I purchased two of them (one to open, and one to keep sealed).

So glad I didn't have to experience the horror others are having to in order to acquire these guys.

Reaction score
The Collecting Gods have never been as kind to me as when I got this set and the Tra Saa/Tholme set at the same time from a seller who didn't realize he could charge way more than $30 Buy It Now. I was stoked to get them both at once, not knowing that they would become maybe the rarest figures in the modern SW line.

Reaction score
I saw a lot of them. Never thought they were rare. I particularly remember passing up a lot of this wave at Boscov's. Near the end of the release I could tell they were getting rare and did snag an extra of the last sith witch pack at a Boscov's that had managed to survive longer than the rest of the wave.

Reaction score
Interesting, maybe it was a inheritance situation where they don't know the values. Though anyone can search ebay to gauge prices for items.
Cool score though!
I would have loved to get a second Tholme, he had a great Jedi body.

Reaction score
The peg that holds Exar's light saber broke on mine and I'm very sad.

Anybody have any solutions?