Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Reaction score
You know, every time I see someone post in this thread I click on it thinking it's gonna be one of those:

"I FOUND THIS COMIC PACK AT SOME CRAPPY $1 DISOUNT STORE AND THEY HAD TONS OF THEM HANGING ON THE PEGS!"...

But it never is... :'(

Reaction score
it's really a shame. i know hasbro probably didn't produce this one as much because they felt it wouldn't sell. they totally underestimated how high the demand would be. it was one of my most wanted comic packs...

Reaction score
After playing KOTOR and using the Qel Droma robes. I remember bits and pieces of a Qel Droma history line, then I found out about the cp. It's not high up on my list but I would pick it up within an instant if it was brought back.

Reaction score
I wanted this pack the minute I heard it came out... never seen it once... ever! I don't mind not having Qel-Droma that much... I haven't yet determined if he falls completely into Sith Lord category or not, but Exar Kun is a must!

Reaction score
I got this pack and the Tra Saa/Tholme pack together for $30 off of eBay right after they came out. That was awesome.

Reaction score
lucky!!! i think we expanded universe fans should come up with a campaign to bring back some of the expanded universe figures that were under-produced. jacen and jaina solo, bastilla shan and this comic pack are a few examples

Reaction score
Since i already have all the figures you mention, I'd rather they make new characters instead of rereleasing old ones. We still need C'baoth, Darth Plagueis, Nomi Sunrider, a good Mara Jade, etc....

Reaction score
When that last group of comic packs came out, they went directly to the clearance aisle at Meijer, and 3 stores in particular restocked repeatedly over the course of about a month. I ended up buying and re-distributing 4 of the Exar pack, 3 of the Tholme pack, 4 of the Vong pack, and 4 of the Clone pack at a cost of $11.40 each. There were actually a half dozen of the Clone and Vong packs that hung for a while until they were marked down to $8.90 or something like that. I helped those army builders find a home... ;)

Shows how crazy and regional distribution can be.

Reaction score
I got it for $17 or so from HTS on a blink of an eye availability moment when they came out.
Got both from BBTS, AFTER BBTS initially canceled my preorder and I had to literally sit on those pages for days. After that, I grew so nervous I resorted to calling every TRU on truck day. Ended up driving 45 minutes out of the way to pick up Tholme/T'ra because my local TRU NEVER saw the wave. Sadly Ulic and Exar were gone but later that week my BBTS order shipped and I got both. Never saw Ulic/Exar in stores. Both remain carefully stored away.

Reaction score
So is this set, and the Tra Saa/Tholme set, basically the rarest Hasbro SW item in recent years?
In terms of number, I wouldn't be so sure (what about the exclusives Salacious Crumb and Mouse Droid, or other figures like that ?), but their scarce distribution coupled to the fact that these are actually sought after sets (Jedis/Sith tend to do well) make them really hard to find.

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking in terms of stuff that actually went to retail.

Also, I'm afraid I customized my Exar Kun to the point of worthlessness. It looks great, but I modded the lightsaber so it actually looks like it does in the comic, and I trimmed the length of the cape and gave it some shape with a few tiny dabs of superglue. He looks awesome on my shelf, but in terms of $$$ he's worthless now.

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking in terms of stuff that actually went to retail.

Also, I'm afraid I customized my Exar Kun to the point of worthlessness. It looks great, but I modded the lightsaber so it actually looks like it does in the comic, and I trimmed the length of the cape and gave it some shape with a few tiny dabs of superglue. He looks awesome on my shelf, but in terms of $$$ he's worthless now.
Are you happier with the way he looks now ? If so, you were right to do so, you shouldn't be scared of any potential loss of monetary value from a 4 inch plastic toy, you should enjoy it the way you want, and if it means customizing, then so be it.

Reaction score
^ Totally. He's always been worthless, because I was never going to sell him. The same goes for the other rare stuff I have.

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra Kun Lightsaber for whatever reason, PLEASE let me know. I need the shorter one with the little nubbie plastic pc sticking out from below the hilt. Sometimes I see incomplete ones on ebay. I finally got this set, but only got 1 of Kun's 2 lightsabers :(
Found these sabers. Yippee!! Now I just need my T'ra Saa Comic Pack and I will be caught up with my 'must have' comic pack list!

Reaction score
So you don't display your collection? Just buy stuff and store them in boxes? :confused:
Used to. But at the moment, the house is on the market so things are stored away so they don't get stolen. Only a few figures are out at a time right now. Normally the newest purchased figure until it's time for another person to walk through and not buy.

Reaction score
I can't believe you found them for 13.50, that's crazy! I searched high and low and everywhere inbetween for these sets, never found a single one.:(

Reaction score
I saw this pack on Amazon yesterday for $100. K and C collectibles was offering it. I checked out their website, and they had it listed for $50. It was too much to pay for two figures, but I couldn't say no at that price. I've been trying to find those guys at a reasonable price for a long time. We'll see if it was too good to be true.

Reaction score
Dang...wished I would've caught the pair at that price when you posted. Just went to K&C and they have sold out. I'm sure you probably got the one and only one they had for that price. Congrats!! :)

Reaction score
The listing said it was available on May 2, 2013. It made it all the way to June 6th. So I'm surprised that even lasted that long. They at least got the one in, they could get some more. It just seems strange that an online retailer would offer it at 25% of what other online retailers are offering.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I figure these two have to be two of the most expensive modern, non variant figures to acquire on the secondary market. Exar usually goes for more when they are loose but this pack is regularly over $200.

Reaction score
I'm not all crazy over the sculpts of these figures but as a novelty items I do miss them in my collection and regret not getting Kun when I passed on it many times on ebay, whether by not bidding or increasing bid. But I wont pay $50 for a figure.