Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Reaction score
Re: Expanded Universe - Tales Jedi Comic 2-Pack

I got this and the other four off ebay a while a go for what seemed like a pretty decent price but I've seen what this one is now going for on ebay and I'm shocked.

Reaction score

I always wanted these Sith Lords/Jedi. Just more late TLC figures I never got.

Reaction score

Picked up both of these for $30 on eBay a couple weeks ago! Some of my favorite figures, even though I have no idea who they are!

Reaction score

never found one of these. everytime i look on ebay they are so expensive!

Reaction score

I got this at the local scalper I mean comic shop.
I felt bad paying 25 bucks then but now not so much.

Reaction score

Vitus said:
I got this at the local scalper I mean comic shop.
I felt bad paying 25 bucks then but now not so much.
Well, without the 'multipack price reduction', these things are really worth about $19.

Reaction score

I passed on this set 3 different times. The last two times with it in my hands. $16.00 for a comic pack at the time to me was ridiculous. I regret it...

Reaction score

I got this one and the other four of the "last to hit retail" comic packs last year for about 80 bucks from someone on ebay and now I see that this one alone is selling for around that price?

What makes this particular comic pack so special?

Reaction score

ohmAniPadmeOhm said:
I got this one and the other four of the "last to hit retail" comic packs last year for about 80 bucks from someone on ebay and now I see that this one alone is selling for around that price?

What makes this particular comic pack so special?
They were the last ones released, and while some may disagree, I still think they were produced/shipped in lower numbers than previous waves with Hasbro knowing they were about to drop the hammer on the line. I searched all over for these and never found one in retail.

Kun is a Sith Lord, collectors love the Sith and he is one of the "badest" of all time and alone goes for $50+ loose.

Reaction score

Just recently, finished my hunt for theses figs.. i think i have all the sith lords who are figurized now

mfk

Reaction score

oh my god. $140 bucks for this set on ebay now. I had this in my hands once and it was at Newbury Comics right as it came out and even then they had it priced at $40. I was shocked, clearly, but if my 2011 self could go back in time, I'd tell myself to snag it because you'll never see it that cheap again

Reaction score

I never saw this one and it's one of the few comic packs I'm missing

Reaction score

mfk said:
oh my god. $140 bucks for this set on ebay now. I had this in my hands once and it was at Newbury Comics right as it came out and even then they had it priced at $40. I was shocked, clearly, but if my 2011 self could go back in time, I'd tell myself to snag it because you'll never see it that cheap again
That'll make me think twice about opening mine if I ever get to it.

Corman

Uxi

Reaction score
Almost makes me wish I didn't open mine and picked up another one or two. Needs a re-release!

Reaction score
Almost makes me wish I didn't open mine and picked up another one or two. Needs a re-release!
DEFINITELY. This is one of the FIRST packs that should've been made (and was the first I thought of when they announced the CP line, as it's such a classic & natural pairing). Instead, it's one of the last--which also means one of the BEST as they devoted more budget to it late in the game--yet also one of the worst to find. Never saw it in stores (or any evidence of the wave), and only saw the pack as Out Of Stock on HTS. Grrr.

Reaction score
I am close to buying this right now for 120 i think ugh !!! I want it so bad tho and have been wating....

Reaction score
Yeah I NEVER saw this one at retail either, but I was lucky enough to snag one from HTS while it was there for 20 minutes!

I do find it odd that these newer sets got the shaft while dozens upon dozens of the Marvel and crappy ones were pegwarming everywhere!

You finally make a set people will buy and actually want both the figures in it and they're SA, and you short change the production quantities!

Reaction score
Yeah I NEVER saw this one at retail either, but I was lucky enough to snag one from HTS while it was there for 20 minutes!

I do find it odd that these newer sets got the shaft while dozens upon dozens of the Marvel and crappy ones were pegwarming everywhere!

You finally make a set people will buy and actually want both the figures in it and they're SA, and you short change the production quantities!
It's because it was so late in the line... with all the pile-ups of pegwarmers, stores weren't ordering new cases, so Hasbro couldn't ship more out to stores. I was really disappointed that HTS didn't get more in (because Ulic & Exar were the FIRST to sell out from that wave)... I wished then that HTS was more like Mattycollector with a specified date & time for 'new releases' on the site, not the random stuff. Of course, if Exar & Ulic had been released EARLY in the Comic Pack line, they'd probably be as lackluster as Quinlan/Villie or Carnor Jax/Kir Kanos, with reused parts and/or underwhelming articulation.

Reaction score
Man i was so close to getting it i could taste it...but I missed the end time i was of by a day....and i would of got it for a fair price in my mind....40 for Exar and 20 for Ulic
:dejection:

Reaction score
I was able to get Ulic from Tung back when he was selling him and Tra' Saa , used it for a custom though when my HTS order arrived.

Reaction score
Saw 3 of them at TRU when they were first released... All of them in the local scalper's shopping cart on top of a big pile of the last TRU exclusive basic figure wave (you know, the TFU Shaak Ti, Jacen Solo, etc. wave) of which he also had multiples of.

I've been wanting these figs (and others) from the TOTJ DH comics FOREVER!

But I'm not willing to pay more than retail for them. Who knows, maybe they'll show up reduced at the local TJ Maxx someday...

Reaction score
Saw 3 of them at TRU when they were first released... All of them in the local scalper's shopping cart on top of a big pile of the last TRU exclusive basic figure wave (you know, the TFU Shaak Ti, Jacen Solo, etc. wave) of which he also had multiples of.

I've been wanting these figs (and others) from the TOTJ DH comics FOREVER!

But I'm not willing to pay more than retail for them. Who knows, maybe they'll show up reduced at the local TJ Maxx someday...
I hate to tell you but if I was there and I knew this guy was the local scalper I would have just taken one out of the cart. :p I have a big grudge against scalpers who buy in stores. When they order cases from Hasbro that is different. I'm just glad I don't a local scalper that I know of. But free enterprise... yeah... :/

Reaction score
So there is one (Exar) for 49.95 on eBay.....but no Shoulder Pads ! Dude really thats lame !

Reaction score
I sold my set on eBay a few months back for around $60. I started it at $20. Some people just like to spend money.

Reaction score
Hate to bump but man, the prices on these things are ridiculous! I just went on Ebay to check prices on all of the Comic Pack Jedi figures since I missed out on almost all of them and I can't believe how rare these things are. This particular pack is over $100 now. I even saw one with a BIN of $200+. I can barely find any of the Jedi figures from any of the packs at a reasonable price. I just don't understand this. Even the pack with Tholme has a crazy price (I think there's only ONE loose Tholme figure on Ebay).

But the pack that I wanted so badly, the pack that spent a lot of time searching for...the Darth Krayt pack that everyone seemed to have trouble finding, is dirt cheap by comparison. And these other packs were selling for $14 or lower all day long on Ebay only a year ago. There were pages of them. Where did they all go? I'm really kicking myself for not getting these when they were on the shelves, because apparently all of the ones I bought turned out to be the ones that are all over Ebay for $10 while the ones I passed on are the ones fetching $100+. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was all Hasbro's doing though. They warned everyone this pack was in low numbers and would be the last one in stores. Most stores by me never saw the packs. I had to go 45 minutes out of my way to get Tholme and T'ra. And I got Ulic and Exar from BBTS after they put them back up AFTER they were cancelled the first time because they weren't sure they could fill the order.

Reaction score
I remember checking HTS every day in April 2010 to get this and the others in this wave. Then I saw most of them, including this set, a few months later at Boscov's, and they were still there when I checked again around Halloween 2010. It's crazy how big the demand is for this set, especially considering how inaccurate Exar Kun is. Heck, Hasbro screwed up his EU-iconic lightsaber, too. The Ulic, however, is perfect. Despite the demand, I don't think I could ever part with them, even opened.

Reaction score
E.Kun's lightsaber

It's crazy how big the demand is for this set, especially considering how inaccurate Exar Kun is. Heck, Hasbro screwed up his EU-iconic lightsaber, too.
If anyone has an extra Kun Lightsaber for whatever reason, PLEASE let me know. I need the shorter one with the little nubbie plastic pc sticking out from below the hilt. Sometimes I see incomplete ones on ebay. I finally got this set, but only got 1 of Kun's 2 lightsabers :(

Reaction score
Cripes! Makes me almost want to sell mine
I've got two of 'em (one to keep sealed, and one opened), and I'd never sell either!

I would trade the Blackhole Stormtrooper comic set though. Never did care for that sculpt on the Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't spot any that look like it : (

I was having a mass move around (nothing was thrown out or removed from my room) so it's lying around somewhere. It just means turning the room upside down to find it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I passed up buying KUn because I didnt like the sculpt.