Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Reaction score
Re: Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Vorax said:
The correct and real costume and look I associated with Kun is found on that particular comic book cover.

These figures are a major disappointment and let down, but as someone above stated, perhaps fixable. I will use a Darth Vader body to correct Kun.
The cover on Page 1 of this thread? From TOTJ:Dark Lords of the Sith #6? That's not Exar Kun in the Vader-ish suit, it's Ulic Qel-Droma. It's Ulic's saber (green blade, same hilt as on other Fleming covers to the series) and Ulic's hair (Exar's got his pulled back in a ponytail on #1 and others)

So basically we're getting Sith Exar and Jedi Ulic, rather than both as Sith Lords.

Reaction score

Has anyone heard when this set is supposed to be coming? The Comic Con pictures on the previous page said September, so these guys have obviously been postponed.

Reaction score

Postponed? Not likely. Being as it's taken over two months for people to finally be able to find the last wave with some regularity, and now the pegs are clogged with repacks, and these figures haven't shown up on ebay yet loose or packaged, I suspect it's going to be some time before we see this one.

Remember, the release dates are just guidelines. Myself, I typically find stuff about a month after reports start coming in of people finds, unless I get extremely lucky.

Reaction score

Since Hasbro said they weren't coming till Spring.. not really surprising.

Reaction score

Hitek_Lonoshcin said:
agentadam said:
Since Hasbro said they weren't coming till Spring.. not really surprising.
When did they change it from this fall?
All comic packs have been delayed. The first good pics of the Walmart exclusive CPs have just shown up and those packs were supposed to hit stores in September.

GNT

Reaction score

His up on ebay if anyone wants to buy him:

Reaction score

A personal must buy this year.

Reaction score
Re: Expanded Universe - Tales Jedi Comic 2-Pack

i've been looking forward to these, even though i've never read any of the comics of totj. the characters just looked so cool. but now seeing the actual figures i am disappointed. they looked so cool in the comics and they look so crappy as the figures. i'm pretty sure they don't have the scar on exar's head and they made him old. plus thats not even what his hilt looks like. his clothes look stupid too. :mad:

Reaction score

The markings are in fact there, and I love the looks of this figure. Furthermore, that is Ulic, not Exar.

Reaction score

must own! loved the comic series back in the 90s and am stoked for these to come out...

Reaction score

Just bought two - get em while they're hot!!

Reaction score

This is the first comic pack, in awhile, that I'm really looking forward to. I think I'll wait till they hit stores rather than jump on any online retailers.

Reaction score

just bought 2, I'll custom 1 into a Weequay, I think

Reaction score

got mine in today!!!!
awesome SA figure!!!Love it-now bring on Kay,Nomi and any and all TOTJ,Sith war figures!!!

Reaction score

Thanks for the pictures - the figures look great - I really hope they turn up soon.

Reaction score

matt292 said:
Thanks for the pictures - the figures look great - I really hope they turn up soon.
Hasbro said they are coming around march (according to the last Q&A).

Reaction score

Tales of the Jedi

TOTJ is one of those aspects of the SW franchise that Hasbro kind of missed. Something like 6 (?) comic runs, full of Sith, Jedi, Mandolorians... that alone should have been enough to sell it as a marketing opportunity.
It's great that we might finally get Exar Kuun and Ulic Qel Droma, 2 of the most influential EU charactors created.
There are so many good subjects from the series that woud make awesome action figures. (Nomi Sunrider, Odan Urr, Naga Sadow, Jori Daragon, Vodo Siosk Baas, Master Thon, etc) Without the comic packs,the methods for getting these charactors are diminished. Maybe we ought to push for a multi-pack, like the upcoming TFU packs?

Unless I've missed one, we have just 3 from this period: Exar Kuun, Ulic Qel Droma, and The Mandolore. I'd love to fill up just the corner of a shelf someday with more of these charactors!

Reaction score

It's here!
I was in HK for a week last week. I saw the case with my own eyes and couldn't get it because I didn't have enough.
Fortunately, a friend of mine is coming this week and I should get this pack around this Friday from him! Will post pics then!

The case ratio of this wave is:
1X Krayt & Dare
1X yuuzhan vong & Kyle Katarn
1X Luke & Lumiya
1X Blackhole Stormtrooper & Blackhole hologram
1X Clone Trooper & Clone Lieutentant (Routine Valor)
1X Kashyyyk Scout Trooper & Clone Trooper (Republic)
1X Master Tholme & T'ra Saa (Routine Valor)
1X Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma (Tales of the Jedi)

According to the store owner lady, there were very few cases, but HK gets very little anyway. Another chance for people who missed out on Krayt, Katarn, and Lumiya sets, but Exar Kun and Tra' Saa are both gonna be hard to find. Hopefully this will hit US soon too.

I think Exar Kun follows loosely the Tales of the Jedi:Dark Lord of the Sith #6 inside. It looks more ornate, probably from some other artwork? I am not too familiar with the storyline, I gotta admit.

The double lightsaber separates into two. Looking at wiki and the posts above, should've looked different I guess.

The forehead Sith Symbol, and the three-lined scar on his right cheek. His face from the sideview looks similar to Steven Seagal, don't you think?

The shoulder armor has a peg, and the cape also has a hole also. The peg of the shoulder armor sticks into the cape and into the back of course.

As posted above, Ulic Qel Droma.
Pretty nice.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good set even with the lightsaber.

Reaction score

Thanks for the great pics!

Also, what part of Hong Kong were you in? Was it a little underground shop in Mong Kok? I was there in winter '08 and got some great deals from the lady running that place. Mandy's Store, I think it was.

Reaction score

Cool. I'm glad to know it's still around. That shop was one of the highlights of my trip, and has the best Star Wars prices in Hong Kong.

Reaction score

My word, those are amazing! Thank you so much for posting pictures!

That Exar Kun looks great!

Oh, I do hope that I can find this set!

Reaction score

Exar Kun turned out Awesome I'm definitely going to have to track him down, and I know it's going to be a tough job as it is currently with Darth Krayt!

Reaction score

these packs look amazing, does anyone know if these last comic packs are going to be exclusive's, sorry if this has already been asked, i've been out of the loop for a while

Reaction score

These packs should be released everywhere, Fisto. I just hope they ship in large enough quantities for me to get a couple of Exar/Ulic packs.

Reaction score

KillerVole said:
These packs should be released everywhere, Fisto. I just hope they ship in large enough quantities for me to get a couple of Exar/Ulic packs.
That's what we all are hoping for!

Reaction score

Thanks for all the great pics gunbuster718!
Would you be able to post another photo of Exar, straight on, without his cape? Kind thanks in advance!

And speaking of looks, Exar's reminding me more of Robert DeNiro

Reaction score

These arent too good but would be ok to have. Kun is very underwhelming and he was perhaps one of the most anticipated figures for a number of years now .

Reaction score

My only complaint with these two, is he fact that Exar looks waaaaay to old in my opinion. Shouldn't he be late twenties to mid thirties. Dude looks like he's in his sixties or seventies.

Reaction score

The workmanship on Exar is really nice, but the way Hasbro chose to depict him is odd. His head, hands and feet are enormous, which in turn make him look short. He also looks like he has a bit of a double chin, and added to those skinny arms and thicker torso make him look a bit paunchy. It's like it's a SNL parody of Exar Kun, played by some short middle-aged guy who's out of shape.
Exar is supposed to be tall, dark and grim and rear-kicking.
Sorry to sound so [censored]-picky about this, gang; I'm just disappointed. After all the modifications I plan on doing, I think the only thing left over from the actual figure will be his cape and sabers.

Reaction score

I blame the TOTJ artwork. Some of it was dreadful.

Reaction score

Ulic looks good but I'm a bit disappointed by Exar Kun's head. He's absolutely not intimidating and he looks too old...

Hasbro's Exar looks like an old Steven Seagal wannabe.

This is how he should have looked like IMO:

Reaction score

Master_Kwinn said:
The workmanship on Exar is really nice, but the way Hasbro chose to depict him is odd. His head, hands and feet are enormous, which in turn make him look short. He also looks like he has a bit of a double chin, and added to those skinny arms and thicker torso make him look a bit paunchy. It's like it's a SNL parody of Exar Kun, played by some short middle-aged guy who's out of shape.
Exar is supposed to be tall, dark and grim and rear-kicking.
Sorry to sound so [censored]-picky about this, gang; I'm just disappointed. After all the modifications I plan on doing, I think the only thing left over from the actual figure will be his cape and sabers.
It's Hasbro's 1st attempt at this fig. They HAD to botch it, so he can be resculpted in a couple years.

Reaction score

Master_Kwinn said:
Thanks for all the great pics gunbuster718!
Would you be able to post another photo of Exar, straight on, without his cape? Kind thanks in advance!

And speaking of looks, Exar's reminding me more of Robert DeNiro

Here you go.

Reaction score

Thank you for the pic. His head and his hands look a bit better on this new pic... but man, look at his feet.

That must be Exar Clown.

Reaction score

Thank you, gunbuster718! I appreciate it, mate!