Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Reaction score
Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma Comic 2-Pack

Hasbro has confirmed the contents of this comic pack:

CW EU DH TALES OF THE JEDI #6 UPC: 65356937028

As Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma.

Reaction score
Re: Expanded Universe - Tales Jedi Comic 2-Pack

Only Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma would make sense. Possibly Nomi, but my guess is Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma. Weren't they announced by Hasbro earlier?

Reaction score

YES!!! TOTJ is a gold mine of potential figures that has yet to be really explored (beyond Mandalore from the Fett Evolutions set). I think Exar Kun and Uli Qel-Droma is the most logical pairing, but there lots of other characters that would make really good figures like Nomi Sunrider, Gav and Jori Daragon, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd (spirit?), Arca Jeth, Tott Doneeta, Massassi Warriors, or even Vima Sunrider with an aged Ulic Qel-Droma.

I wonder if Hasbro could make Nomi Sunrider? There was a copyright issue regarding the name a few years ago, which is why Bastila Shan was created as a protagonist for KOTOR instead of Vima Sunrider, as originally written. Hmmm....

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
I wonder if Hasbro could make Nomi Sunrider? There was a copyright issue regarding the name a few years ago, which is why Bastila Shan was created as a protagonist for KOTOR instead of Vima Sunrider, as originally written. Hmmm....
I still don't get that. There are no active trademarks for any character named "sunrider".

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
I still don't get that. There are no active trademarks for any character named "sunrider".
More information about that here. Apparently there was a car called "Sunrider" at some point. I'm not sure if anyone cares any more, seeing as the name was mentioned in KOTOR multiple times.

Reaction score

The problem is that trademarks don't work that way. You can have a car called, for example "Outback" and still ahve a resaurant called "Outback". Neither is infringing on the other's trademark because it's not reasonable to assume that anyone would confuse a car and a steakhouse. The only active trademark I've found that could be problematic is a cosmetic brand, but even that is kind fo a stretch. If Skywalker Trampolines can register a trademark, I fail to see why Lucasfilm can't name a character Sunrider. I've always thought there was something else going on with all that.

Reaction score

Now THIS would be some welcome and long-overdue news! It may even change my whole perspective on the 2008 line -- should it turn out to be true.

I would like to believe it, but I've got a bad feeling this will be something from the Star Wars Tales series. Instead of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma we'll get two Infinities-type figures. Like Tag & Bink.

As my bitterness rises, I think we're likely to see Tag & Bink get released before Exar Kun, Ulic-Qel Droma, Nomi Sunrider, or any of the Tales of the Jedi characters.

Reaction score

I would die for an Exar Kun with Ulic Quel-Droma but I'll take Nomi Sunrider anyday as well as Naga Sadow. Wow I'm actually excited about this one

Reaction score

Me too, this is absolutely thrilling news
TOTJ represents some of the best EU material ever released; its a gold mine of potential big hits for Hasbro. The kids will like it, and the collectors will be rabid.

Reaction score

I always liked the Tales of the Jedi comic books. I would pick up an Exar, Ulic, Cay, or Nomi Sunrider. There were some other decent characters in it but Ulic and Exar make the most sense.

Reaction score

Lt__Brenn_Tantor said:

Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider

Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun make the most sense -- like Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax.

However, I would LOVE to see an Ulic and Nomi Sunrider comic pack! Then Exar Kun can get released with Vodo Baas!

Reaction score

Only one Comic Pack and so many interesting characters:

- Naga Sadow
- Massassi Warrior
- Empress Teta
- The Daragon twins
- Memit Nadill
- Odan-Urr
- Nomi Sunrider
- Exar Kun
- Ulic Qel-Droma

Reaction score

This is the most exciting news I've heard in a long time.
Tales is what really got me excited about Star Wars comics.
I'm with everybody else when I say Exar and Ulic, but like everybody else I believe there are sooooo many kick [censored] characters that any will do.

By the way Hasbro
WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO GET TO TALES.
It really upsets me when I see crap like the crucible set, and realize they have given us nothing from Tales.

Reaction score

Hasbro can't go wrong with character choice on this one since pretty much every character is awesome, but the smart thing would be Exar with Ulic.

Reaction score

If there are any characters in the line up above that could be realised as figures with simple head swaps or other kit-bashing on existing tooling, I'd bet on those being the ones you get.

Reaction score

I'd like to see either Empress Teta and Memit Nadill or Nomi Surider and Ulic Qel-Droma to be the two figures, I'm not that interested in seeing the Daragon Siblings really.

Reaction score

I could really go for an Ulic/Exar pack.

Reaction score

Please just give me Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. I've been patient, really I have.

Reaction score
Re: Tales of the Jedi #6 Comic 2-Pack

Note the change in title - have a UPC and updated title on this one now:

CW EU DH TALES OF THE JEDI #6 UPC: 65356937028

Reaction score

TOTJ seems to not be numbered regularly. Any idea which #6 this is?

Reaction score

If I recall, it was the last of the initial series, where Exar and Ulic become dark lords of the Sith at the end. That would sure make sense to me as the release.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
If I recall, it was the last of the initial series, where Exar and Ulic become dark lords of the Sith at the end. That would sure make sense to me as the release.
This is very good news! It's not the initial series, though, but rather the second. The first was simply "Tales of the Jedi" (collected as "Knights of the Old Republic") and this was the last from "Dark Lords of the Sith."

Reaction score

So we can probably begin to assume that this comic pack will consist of Exar Kun and most likely Ulic. Awesome news!

Reaction score

Hopefully Hasbro will hit a home run with this and realize how lucrative TOTJ is.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
In my best Phil Hartman voice, "You are correct, sir!"

Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith #6 is indeed the issue where Ulic & Exar battle, and then become Master & apprentice.

SWEET!!!

Reaction score

wow I hope it's Exar Kun(with double-edge blue lightsaber) and Ulic-Qel Droma

That would be on top of my list

Reaction score

TRS_Janobi said:
That would be awesome, but if Hasbro is going to be accurate, Exar won't have his double-bladed blue lightsaber. It didn't appear until "The Sith War" story arc, which picks up where this issue ("Dark Lords of the Sith" #6) ends. I really hope to the double-bladed lightsaber, and I also hope it's not a blue version of Darth Maul's weapon; that'd be unacceptably lazy.

Reaction score

I hope they've destroyed the old Maul weapon molds after this latest Saga Legends one. High time Maul's saber got an upgrade!

And Exar's isn't really like Maul's (more as a staff weapon)... it's got a much shorter grip. Kinda like Shado Vao's in LEGACY. It'd be fine if it were longer than the standard saber hilt, but not Maul-size.

I hope for it in this pack as well, as--despite the popularity with long-time fans--there may not be call for a 2nd Exar Kun down the line. Pull a Dark Woman/A'Sharad and give us 'iconic' versions... but with both SA and with all the accessories they could want (separate hilts! separate hilts!)

Reaction score

I believe that is the first time we were ever shown a double sided lightsaber, and they better get that one right, because it's very important.

Reaction score

Jedipostmaster said:
I believe that is the first time we were ever shown a double sided lightsaber, and they better get that one right, because it's very important.
Correct, on both points.

Reaction score

A fantastic story and hopefully a fantastic set of figures. I hope they dont ruin it like DE Luke....

Reaction score

Oh if these figures turn out to have swivel arms with no artiiculation in the knees. I'm gonna be really upset. Hopefully BOTH are SA with 2 different hilts for each of the characters.

Reaction score

TRS_Janobi said:

That would be on top of my list
Agreed!

Reaction score

I liked their armour in the covers and poster art,as they looked more Sith-like, rather in the comics. I didnt care for their looks, they looked like they were wear crummy curtains with pieces of scrap-metal and crappy jewelry.

Exar Kun is a long in the demand/waiting, was an awesome character and his double-bladed lightsaber is a signature weapon and a must. Although this character shouldve been in a Evolutions set than comic-pack.

Reaction score

If it's Exar-kun and ulic-qel-droma I will definently buy it unless they do a really bad job. Nomi Sunrider would be pretty cool too, heck I would buy any TOTJ figures THERE'RE AWESOME!

Reaction score

Does anybody have a link some pix of these characters?
From what I saw on Wookiepedia, I was not impressed with thier designs, save for the concept Mandalorean Commando (if it's not too cluttered)otherwise, I will put this in the same catagory as Vader/Trachta, Asaaj/Skorr, Mouse/Basso-passola.
Spencer?:>}