Ewoks and Droids cartoon series on DVD?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Aside from the two currently available DVD's of the Ewoks and Droids series, has anyone seen any news on an official release of the entire Droids and Ewoks series on DVD?

I don't want to track down the VHS copies, since I haven't owned a VHS player for almost 6 years now!

Has anyone seen any bootleg compilations of these two series?

Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Rob.

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything yet,but my friend is usually up to date with any news on star wars'
will keep posted

Reaction score
At Dragon Con this year a place named On The Run Video was set up selling various unreleased shows. He had a 4-disc set of Droids that was really phenomenal quality. We bombarded him and got a deal on 8 sets if you can believe it. Everyone wanted one.

Unfortunately he doesn't have Ewoks, but you won't be disappointed with the Droids set. The only caveat is that he has his OTRV watermark on the picture, but it's not terribly distracting. He told me that he was trying to track down some Ewoks masters and I'll certainly bug him from time to time via email about it.

Not sure where he got the name. My guess is that since he's a bootlegger he has to be on the move all the time.
smile.gif

-chris

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the link! I'll contact them to see if I can get the Droids set
smile.gif

Cheers,
Rob.

ChrisGeorgoulias said:
At Dragon Con this year a place named On The Run Video was set up selling various unreleased shows. He had a 4-disc set of Droids that was really phenomenal quality. We bombarded him and got a deal on 8 sets if you can believe it. Everyone wanted one.

Unfortunately he doesn't have Ewoks, but you won't be disappointed with the Droids set. The only caveat is that he has his OTRV watermark on the picture, but it's not terribly distracting. He told me that he was trying to track down some Ewoks masters and I'll certainly bug him from time to time via email about it.

Not sure where he got the name. My guess is that since he's a bootlegger he has to be on the move all the time.
smile.gif

-chris

Reaction score
I bought a complete set of each series from ioffer.com -- there seem to be many copies/variations available if you just search for them. I paid $20 for the two series in total. Droids is one DVD, Ewoks is 2 DVDs...so I assume they are not as good quality as the link above. Still, they are complete series and the quality was fine enough for me.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I've never looked at ioffer.com before.

I have D&E sets that I bought at F/X in 2007. They are 2 DVD sets of each, but suffering from compression artifacts. There are a ton of Ewoks episodes, so I'd expect them to take at least 4 discs in order to look decent.

I see one guy on ioffer has Droids on 1 DVD. That's just way too compressed. Consider that's about 7 hours worth of video. Spend the extra money to at least have good quality. I mean the shows aren't easy to watch to begin with. At least for me they weren't.
smile.gif

I don't work for On The Run, but I certainly vouch for that set. The menus are done nicely, the cover art is cool, and the discs have art on them as well. All of that art looks original and not just a screen capture from the videos.

Needless to say, you can skip the official versions because they're not the uncut original episodes.

-chris

Reaction score
I found some interesting things when watching these that were later seen in the prequels and some are pretty blatant.

Apparently the person who designed Dexter Jettster never saw Droids. Shane asked him. It's hard to believe that when it's a fat four-armed chef with a hat working in a diner and Dexter is about the same, but has like a scaley formation that looks like a hat.

droids-ep5-chef.jpg

350px-Dexter-Restaurante.jpg

And the diner itself is very similar.

droids-ep5-cafe.jpg

concept.jpg

Jann Tosh's one-wheeled cycle compared to Grievous' bike.

droids-ep5-jann-cycle.jpg

movie_bg.jpg

And this hover pod ship looks a lot like the senate pods

droids-ep4-hoverpod.jpg

YodaSenateDuel.jpg

Just some interesting things I noticed inbetween falling asleep watching these things and having to constantly rewind.
smile.gif

-chris

Reaction score
I've noticed that before as well! Very odd that the designers hadn't seen Droids prior to coming up with those vehicles and characters. Just one of those oddball coincidences
grin.gif

ChrisGeorgoulias said:
I found some interesting things when watching these that were later seen in the prequels and some are pretty blatant.

Apparently the person who designed Dexter Jettster never saw Droids. Shane asked him. It's hard to believe that when it's a fat four-armed chef with a hat working in a diner and Dexter is about the same, but has like a scaley formation that looks like a hat.

Reaction score
I think I only saw a few episodes of Droids when I was a kid, but I've always wanted to see them again. Now that I have a way to do that, I just can't pass up on the chance. I'm pretty sure my daughter will be excited to watch them with me. Thanks for the link Chris.