Ewok Multipack

kk1

Reaction score
Next I'm going to do another favorite of a lot of people, he has no official name but just about everyone calls him Smokey as you can see him with his pipe in the hut while C-3PO tells his story, he also hugs Han. (check out Brethupp on his left)

But I'm surprised he goes unnoticed when they first bring the rebels into the village because he's pretty easy to see, again though the weird lighting obviously contributes to this

His sandy brown fur makes him easy to spot and it's difficult to see in these pictures but he has a feather sticking up out of the left side of his hood. He should be a pretty easy ewok to customize maybe with a Nanta or Tippet (it's too bad Widdle has a different face sculpt because he's pretty close in color).

Reaction score
Wow, KK1 - that is some serious dedication to Ewoks. Very cool. Thanks for all of the information!

kk1

Reaction score
The rest of the ewoks from the Insider picture are pretty difficult to distinguish due to the lighting and being obscured by the ewoks in the front row but I'm pretty sure I've found Barneeson in the village, notice he has that little fold above his forehead.

kk1

Reaction score
Another unnamed village ewok is the bugler who announces the arrival of the hunters with their rebel prisoners.
He's got that conspicuous green hood so he's easy to see when he helps pile the firewood under Han.

kk1

Reaction score
Next up is the mama ewoks, everyone notices the white patchy ewok played by Katie Purvis known as the "maternal ewok" because she almost always has her wokling in her arms but there's a few more

This one in the black and white photo appears to be the same one but the hood looks a little different.

It seems to me the hut behind Luke and Chewie was where the women hung out, as you can see the maternal ewok another one poking her head out next to Luke and the dark one with the dark wokling to Chewie's left who ironically has a mustache (so maybe it's a papa ewok or an ewok Wal-Mart cashier ;) )

Here's those other 2 later

See the "mustache"

And here's a shot of another one I call big mama and the maternal ewok not being very maternal w/o her baby, notice the long string down the left of her hood you can see in the first photo (though it also looks like she has a belt that I don't see in the other photos)

Notice big mama has the same hood as Bucky/Khungata (it's got that real long stained bib) except now there is a big yellow feather on her right side

Found another pic of a baby (bottom right corner), can't really tell who's holding it but appears to be the same as Big Mamas, and that appears to be Barneeson to Fufuneek's left

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been watching Return of the Jedi with my 5 year old and of course he really likes the Ewoks. I can't blame him, I really liked the Ewoks too when I saw the movie in 1983 when I was in First grade. I decided to start building an Ewok army. Yesterday I ordered Wicket and Logray on the internet. I bought a Kmart 2 pack yesterday in my local store. Then this morning I ordered a TRU 5 pack and a Lumat on the internet. Looking forward to getting these guys set up.

kk1

Reaction score
Why does Han look like Sloth from Goonies in that bottom B&W pic?
I believe its a rejected production photo (I got it off of a website where they were almost all like that),it's obviously rejected because Han 's face "smeared" when he moved his head. Remember 1983 was still the old film camera days and you just took lots of pictures and didn't know whether they were good or not until they were developed.

Reaction score
I believe its a rejected production photo (I got it off of a website where they were almost all like that),it's obviously rejected because Han 's face "smeared" when he moved his head. Remember 1983 was still the old film camera days and you just took lots of pictures and didn't know whether they were good or not until they were developed.

It's smeared all the way down the page in a line. So it's not motion blur. Looks to me like it's a scan of a photo that was in a book. And the photo in the book spanned two pages. Instad of showing where the line is between the two pages the photo was photoshopped to look like a flat image, and this distortion was created.

kk1

Reaction score
It's smeared all the way down the page in a line. So it's not motion blur. Looks to me like it's a scan of a photo that was in a book. And the photo in the book spanned two pages. Instad of showing where the line is between the two pages the photo was photoshopped to look like a flat image, and this distortion was created.

Hmmm okay but that would be an odd place for the photo to be divided between 2 pages, though I doubt it was in a book notice the 2 marker lines drawn diagonally across the middle.

Reaction score
I opened these Ewoks this morning...

My son was really excited. He is 5. He told me a few minutes ago that he needs more Ewoks. He doesn't know I have 8 more being shipped to our house.

Reaction score
This might have been covered already but why did the Teebo production figure from the 5 pack have a different headsculpt than the one pictured on the back of the box? Clearly the one on the box is a superior sculpt. Perhaps we will see another single carded version of Teebo down the road.

kk1

Reaction score
Next I'll point out some unnamed background ewoks, first up are these 2 one large gray ewok and another bearded ewok (the face looks similar to the ewok with the hunters but the hood is different)

You can also see this gray guy doing the robot at the celebration (seriously watch it he does the robot)

the bearded ewok just kind of hangs out in the background a lot (check out the green hooded bugler playing the drums with Teebo and Leektar)

And these 2 guys with the really distinct faces, one with a pretty prominent widow's peak and the other one that reminds me of a snub nosed monkey

In the village is the only place I see these guys.

This guy also likes hugging wookies

The other guy gets left hanging by Lando at the celebration when he wants a hug

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got an unpunched Lumat and the Ewok 5 pack from Amazon today.

I let him open the Lumat. Saving the 5 pack for Easter.

My son is pretty proud of his small Ewok army. Can't wait to add to it.

kk1

Reaction score
This might have been covered already but why did the Teebo production figure from the 5 pack have a different headsculpt than the one pictured on the back of the box? Clearly the one on the box is a superior sculpt. Perhaps we will see another single carded version of Teebo down the road.
Actually the faces of Teebo and Logray are nearly identical (eyes, nose and mouth), Teebo just has short scraggly fur and Logray's is long and neat. Also Teebo has a "longer" neck as there is a space between his head and shoulders and Logray's head looks like it comes right out of his shoulders.(probably due to the difference in fur) Also notice Teebo still has the bone necklace on under his long hood.

And posting this comparison just made me realize something, is it me or is this not Logray with a different hood? Notice Teebo without the skull on his hood behind him

There's another easy custom job for you.

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
Speaking of ewok faces we all know what Chief Chirpa looks like

But did you ever notice when he first comes out of the hut with Leia he has a different face?

The upside down skullhat guy (another black and gray striped ewok) on leia's left actually looks more like the familiar Chirpa, maybe they switched masks? It's funny the editing is really off in that scene (besides R2 being freed first and standing there but shown being freed later) Chirpa is standing next to Leia AND Logray at the same time. Then after 3PO flies around we never see Leektar and upside down skull guy again.

Though upside down skull guy turns up again next to Logray while 3PO tells his story

and while I'm on the skull hat guys did you ever notice Leektar carries Luke (or his body double) into the village?

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
Looking at that last pic of Luke getting carried in I realize I haven't done a post on Widdle ("Willy") yet but as one of the more scene stealing ewoks he needs to be recognized, besides carrying Luke in he was with the hunters

Helping put wood under Han, he's also in the hut when Leia comes out and has a torch follow the fire behind Leia and watch him try to light the wood under Han

Listening to 3PO's story

of course helping Chewie and Wunka

and celebrating while still in the AT-ST ;)

and if you look close at the second trumpeter with the double horn its Widdle with a green/blue hood

and they left him in the tree and was the second ewok to cut the rope that holds the log that smashes the AT-ST

Unfortunately the figure doesn't really capture the character's cuteness(his teeth are too big and nose is slightly off)

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
One more background village ewok he's a big guy who helps carry in C-3PO then just hangs out, he's kinda faintly striped or light brown, its difficult to tell he does appear to have some white patches on his face, he's got a belt and knife and his hood is kinda nondistinct but it looks like the bib is darker

He does have a sweet pouch though

He doesn't get into the hut to hear 3PO's story time either

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
Well not too many left now here's the bright orange hooded ewok behind Chewie in the hut

he kinda looks like Bucky/Khungata with a different hood, should he be one of the 2 bright hooded ewoks from the comic 3 pack Machook or Kettch? he's kind of difficult to see outside the hut but he is there in the background, and while I point him out I'll point out another ewok standing there in front of him who looks like he has a racoon mask over his eyes

He looks kind of like Wijkunkee who he is standing next to but is a slightly redder brown and he has a lighter brown patch on his chest.

And if you look behind Leia you can see there was another black and white spotted ewok besides Brethupp.

Other than that shot its pretty difficult to see that ewok as it stays mostly in the background

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
One last ewok in the village, he kind of gets overlooked since he looks almost the same as Lumat, gray with a reddish hood, though he looks slightly lighter witha more reddish hood, he is noticeable in the hut though as he plays the drum right before they announce they're making the rebels part of the tribe.

You can see him next to Smokey and they talk a couple times.

He does get a close up when 3PO starts flying

then has a wardrobe malfunction (Smokey does too right before 3PO starts flying) you can see Lumat to his left next to Brethupp and the bearded ewok

Then here he is bongoing away

One other way to distinguish him and Lumat is his hood has a black string running through it which you can see to the left of his eye, Hasbro doesn't really need to make this as you can just get another Lumat although the faces are different, this ewok having teeth showing.

It's possible this is the ewok identified as Taras in the Insider picture

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
Well after 8 pages I'm down to possibly my last ewok, I'm pretty sure these 2 gray ewoks are the same as their hoods look to be the same, very long and hanging. The first is the hornblower and the next is the one who pulls the peg to let the logs roll down the hill.

Then there's this promo pic of Leia, obviously the one ewok is Tokkat but I still haven't figured out who the other one is, I'll have to study him more.

BTW I knew George Lucas said there's no underwear in space but never realized Leia stayed true to her mission and went "commando" in that outfit ;)

kk1

Reaction score
Well I hope everyone enjoyed learning about all the ewoks I'll keep updating as I find more pictures or identify more of them. Hopefully these pics inspire Hasbro or at least some customizers so the villages can be filled with more furry denziens of Endor.

Reaction score
Well I hope everyone enjoyed learning about all the ewoks I'll keep updating as I find more pictures or identify more of them. Hopefully these pics inspire Hasbro or at least some customizers so the villages can be filled with more furry denziens of Endor.
I want one the pointy hood dudes.

Reaction score
You mean Fufuneek?
LOL You may know every one of them by name, but I'd have to scroll through your catalog to find out. Hang on...

Okay, I'm back. *whew* Yeah, that's him. :p

Wasn't there one with a green hood like his? I seem to recall a movie grab showing one or two Ewoks with green pointy hoods posted long before your exhaustive research. I could easily be mistaken. It may have been as far back as the Logray thread....

EDIT:

I've conflated the green hoods and pointy ones, both seen in pics from this scene:

I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this I have enjoyed the whole month long event.

But I think you did miss at least one. Chukha-Trok's twin brother.

kk1

Reaction score
Oh the 2 ewoks watching the party at the end hmmm that does look like Chukha-Trok, he even has that feather between his ears. That hood is pretty distinctive I'll have to look through the pics and see if he pops up anywhere else most of the party ewoks were in the village shot earlier. And actually I did miss a few things so stay tuned :)

kk1

Reaction score
Thought I did this guy or thought he was the same as one of the Ewoks from the battle but he is different though kind of a boring brown. He brings in 3PO to the village (on his right) he then just stands in front of him but you can see his distinctive hood with red feathers on his left side.

And while we're in the village something about the Widdle there always bugged me, something was...off. Well today I finally realized it, he has Keoulkeech's hood on!

He's even wearing it in this pic see the feather by his cheek and 2 drawstrings under his chin (also notice in the pic above he doesn't have a white chest, in fact in the movie I can't really remember seeing a white chest)

Here's Keoulkeech

Now compare that to the Widdle in the AT-ST, his hood is oragnish brown with no white feather on the right and a tight black drawstring instead of a loose hanging white one, this is the same one he is wearing during other parts of the battle (except the hornblowing part when he has a bluish green one)

So is this one ewok wearing 3 different hoods or 3 different ewoks?

Last edited:

kk1

Reaction score
Also forgot this behind the scenes shot of them carrying the rebels across a log bridge (in the movie we only see a long shot of this scene) I could probably name more but with the low resolution these are the only ones I can be absolutely sure of.

slightly different shot

btw as the village shots were shot on a stage in London there are completely different ewoks carrying the rebels in those scenes

Last edited: