Ewok Multipack

Reaction score
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

darth_sidious said:
Hasbro should stick to Ewok 2-packs in the basic line or the BP that they said was in the works, a series of 2-packs with a repacked/retooled figure and an Ewok would sink - why would anyone want another Endor Leia, Luke, or Scout Trooper?
Um for the reasons I used as examples! Updates/changes to the exisiting figures!

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Hasbro should stick to Ewok 2-packs in the basic line or the BP that they said was in the works, a series of 2-packs with a repacked/retooled figure and an Ewok would sink - why would anyone want another Endor Leia, Luke, or Scout Trooper?
Because the Endor Luke can always use the new Jedi Luke body coming out. Endor Leia was just all kinds of wrong. Update the Ewok Dress Leia. They can make a new Lando. An Endor Celebration Han Solo. Army buiilders would go for Scout Troopers and Stormies. X-Wing Wedge anyone? There are plenty of options for these packs. Heck, they could even do the Ewok BBQ figures that have been rumored for a while.

Reaction score

I think they should contiune with the Ewok 2-pack format we have had the past few years. It would be a shame to lose it.

I have been bugging Hasbro for the past 2 years on Ewoks and how there is so many Ewoks that could be made.

I've also been bugging Hasbro about Ewok battle packs, especially a battle pack including an catapult and all the Ewoks that operate it.

I hope we do see something good happen with Ewoks in the near future, especially for the 30th Ann of ROTJ. Like many, I love the little furballs and hope to see many more of them being made with a wide range of accessories, like doing Teebo with his weapons, but also, as he is a musician, a better tooled version of his imperial helmet drum kit hehe.

Reaction score

I simply dont see the appeal - most of the vintage line is already remakes, so if they make very small changes to figures like Endor Luke and Leia and repack figures, they likely wont appeal to a majority of collectors and kids - and will warm the pegs...I'm all for remaking Ewoks from the POTF2 era, like Logray - but I have no interest in retooling figures that are 'good enough' or giving us anymore repacks.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
I simply dont see the appeal - most of the vintage line is already remakes, so if they make very small changes to figures like Endor Luke and Leia and repack figures, they likely wont appeal to a majority of collectors and kids - and will warm the pegs...I'm all for remaking Ewoks from the POTF2 era, like Logray - but I have no interest in retooling figures that are 'good enough' or giving us anymore repacks.
What he said. The CW generation are going to point, laugh or sneer, and ask dad to buy a funkily-painted stormtrooper with a big gun

Reaction score
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Since1978 said:
Kinderspartan said:
ShmashWitdaclub said:
Best Ewok 2 pack idea ever = 2 Ewoks and a piece to build..... a Gorax!!!!!
Would be a cool release in the vein of the Target packs, two Ewoks, Ewok Celebration bits and pieces (bigger and smaller, depending on the size of the Gorax piece)... mixing movie, cartoon and TV movie Ewoks..
I'm good with that idea - save for the Gorax - just not needed....
But the Ewok environment pieces and some celebration figures would be nice!

There's that slightly different version of Lando that they could get into the mix if they go that route.

Ultimately, I'd rather just see two EE six packs or similar - like the Astromech packs back in 2004 (or whenever that was) - Cover a bunch of background Ewoks (ya know they'd have to leave a few of the important ones for the basic line) in one most excellent release...
I cant agree with this statement.

Sorry but Ive wanted a Gorax for years. He makes the Rancor
look like a little girl. He would make an excellent big beast with ewoks thrown in with a big battle pack or alone.

Ill take anything from the ewok movies or the holiday special;especially over modern eu.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
I do think the 2 pack idea would work well. Like the Order 66/Geonosis etc etc. Something like this;

Endor Luke (new helmet) with Lumat
Endor Leia (new helmet and poncho) with Teebo (new/kitbash)
Stormtrooper (dirty deco) with Widdle
AT-ST Driver (dirty deco) with Oochee
Scout Trooper (dirty deco) with Logray (new/kitbash)
Endor Rebel (new variation) with Ewok Mother (new/kitbash)

Etc etc. Something like this would be really cool to me at least. No/minimal new tooling required, and some nice updates and variations that might be really cool to our collections. I would get them all!
I'm sorry but that wouldn't work because it's great idea/theme and would most like sell very well, the problem is Hasbro isn't into that type of thing.
They would rather release something we've never saw or heard of with something we don't want, that way they can tell us this type of thing doesn't have an audience and wont sell!

Reaction score

ShmashWitdaclub said:
Best Ewok 2 pack idea ever = 2 Ewoks and a piece to build..... a Gorax!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

A BA-catapult!....or one within an Ewok BP....we need a new catapult.

Reaction score

I can say with 100% certainty that I would buy many (5-10)purely Ewok sets, but if they do something like Luke, Leia and 2 Ewoks, put me down for 1. I simply can't get enough of the furry critters. I think at last count I have 56 modern-modern, plus all of the earlier-modern releases.

Reaction score

I'd be happy to see Widdle & Oochee retooled and put in a BP, but they should also include an Ewok or two that have never been made, like Chukha-Trok. Since Ewoks are so small, it really opens up the possibility of getting scene pieces like a catapult, or if Hasbro really wants to impress us, they could retool the Ewok battle wagon, and make it a bit smaller and release it with 3 Ewoks in a BP.

Reaction score

Well its good news that Hasbro wants to release it, but its beyond me why a retailer would pass on it as an exclusive - all of the Ewoks that have been released within the last several years flew of the pegs.

Reaction score

I very, very much agree. The prices for Ewoks on Ebay are quite high here !

It is nearly impossible to find ANY recent Ewoks here at all ! Even on Ebay !

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Well its good news that Hasbro wants to release it, but its beyond me why a retailer would pass on it as an exclusive - all of the Ewoks that have been released within the last several years flew of the pegs.
I would just wonder if/how Hasbro can relay that number to retailers. Also I wonder how they present ideas for exclusives to specific retailers. Does hasbro come to the table with just one pack/set in mind? I doubt it. I am guessing that whichever retailer was given the choice of for this set opted not to in favor of something with a more media tie-in. Whoever makes that decision at said big box store might think from there (short sided?) knowledge that anything with a media tie-in would sell better. So I can kinda see why they might have initially passed.

Honestly I was kinda betting/hoping that this would be the next EE exclusive. From the sounds of it, if I read it right, EE will be picking up more of the unreleased comic packs (kudos EE - still a good move). I am guessing that, if it was EE, they are stiking while the iron is hot from the collector outcry for these sets to see the light of day and holding off til next time for the Ewok sets.

Reaction score

Thats an interesting point - none of us really know how Hasbro approaches a retailer about an exclusive, but they should certainly use the fact that Ewoks sell very well as a huge plus for future sales.

Reaction score

Well I imagine they use a mock up with images of the characters, and since they aren't Clones or the core Heroes like Luke, Han, or Vader maybe the retailer didn't feel they'd appeal to anyone.

Reaction score

Based on the recent announcement of the release of Wicket alone (with an extra outfit) could this be the end of the Ewoks 2-packs as we know them?, If I am not mistaken, Hasbro mentioned in a Q&A that they will keep Ewoks and Jawas on the 2-pack format, but then again is Hasbro and now knowing what they pulled with this Wicket/Kneesa 2-pack I believe that it is in fact the end of the 2-packs
, what do you think?

Reaction score

Wicket's a special case. They said they ran into production problems with Kneesa. It just so happens that special case works in the favor of the more nostalgic collectors, since now Wicket's flyin' solo on his Vintage Collection card, just like back in the '80s. In the VC, it's possible updates like Logray or Teebo might be packed solo, but I kinda hope not. I'd like 'em to have Ewok pack-mates, even if it's not a well-known 'named' Ewok (tho by now most have names) and the card photo's only the vintage-style 'solo' pic. If/when they do Lumat, it'll be pretty sad, since it's just the Graak mold repainted... and Graak was packed with another Ewok back in TAC. "Here's a two-pack of figures for $X. Now, a few years later, here's half of that same two-pack, for $X. Enjoy!"

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Wicket's a special case. They said they ran into production problems with Kneesa.
Honestly I don't see how they could have run into production problems since she should be basically Wicket painted differently, I really can't see them using a totally new/different mold just for her unless it gets used for someone else later on.

Reaction score

Another factor that is not working on the 2-pack favor is the fact that the bubbles on the vintage cards are way smaller than the other ones so it is hard to fit 2 figures in that coffin
Although it is possible.

Reaction score

I'm not an Ewok collector (bar Wicket), but good for those that are! Pass for me if the rumor is true.

Reaction score

has the wicket release date announced yet

Reaction score

lumat said:
has the wicket release date announced yet
No, because we are 20 some days away from SDCC we won't know anything more about these until then.

Reaction score

I'll tell ya what the SNAFU was with Kneesa - Hasbro changed their minds because they knew that the collectors would buy Wicket by himself and they are slotting her into the exclusive case.

Reaction score

They will have to release this under the SL line as a 2-pack is only feasible on that bubble and not in the vintage one. I hope that Wicket is a special case and keep releasing Ewoks and Jawas/droids as 2-packs.

Reaction score

Can't wait for the thousands upon thousands of guesses of what this will contain, lol.
Of course, I'll probably be one of those thousands myself, lmao.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
They will have to release this under the SL line as a 2-pack is only feasible on that bubble and not in the vintage one. I hope that Wicket is a special case and keep releasing Ewoks and Jawas/droids as 2-packs.
these are not basic figures.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
I believe they already hinted in a recent Q&A that two packs may be history, at least during TVC, and that they would start packing in an extra accessory like they did with Wicket.

Reaction score

The Ewok situation after Wicket seems a bit messy - they've made statements hinting that these multipacks are going to be scrapped and the figures will be in the basic line eventually. The bad thing is, they said they want to stick to 1 Ewok per card, rather than do more 2-packs, but each Ewok would come with good accessories. Sounds really cheap to me, especially considering that the vintage figures are $8-10...

Reaction score

I would be satisfied if they stuck to the one per pack during the Vintage line as long as Hasbro releases the remaining Ewok vintage equivilent Logray, Lumat,and Teebo.After that lets hope EE picks up the void and makes the multipack with other figures from the Ewok movies and ROTJ.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
they've made statements hinting that these multipacks are going to be scrapped and the figures will be in the basic line eventually.
I don't remember reading anything stated by Hasbro that this was possibly happening. Any link? thanks in adavance.

Reaction score

Yeah, the last I heard was they were still trying to slot in the multi pack with someone. I'd be surprised if EE passes this up.

Reaction score

It's all fine and good for you VC fans to get one figure to a card and all those repacks just so you have a complete collection, but at some point us other fans should get some attention with New Figures and some solid EU characters.

I believe it was in the recent Q&A about added accessories with Ewoks.

Also I don't think it needs to be EE that brings us this Ewok set or fill in the void as you say. there's no reason this cannot be marketed to retailers.
There is enough fan demand for this to sell, example Ewoks in the past have all done well. Just pack them in with something else that will sell preferably not the core heroes that we already have several of.
Making this an EE exclusive means higher price on top of shipping, and excluding some fans who don't or cannot order online.

Reaction score

Hasbro has talked about the multipack(s) and single carded Ewoks multiple times in the Q&A and in interviews. The thing that upset me the most is that when they mentioned it they said something like 'most' of the Ewoks from those planned sets would make it out eventually - which has me wondering if some are being left behind. If anyone wants to read or listen to the particulars, check out the Hasbro Q&A for the last few months and listen to the various Hasbro interviews (it was probably on the SWAN podcast) - its out there, but I'm not digging it up.

Reaction score

Stan says Hasbro is waiting on a vender.
Come on Entertainment Earth!
Those AstroMech packs sold pretty good I'll bet.
Ewok packs would too!

Reaction score

With the continual craze for Ewoks, these packs should be released sooner rather than later. I'd like to see a retailer pick them up, I'm not too into the idea of EE having something like this.

Reaction score

Its sad if a private vendor like EE picks it up, that others, especially kids, that do like ewoks, may never see theses in thier hands.

Reaction score

I don't care which retailer OR website picks this up, I wish someone would just HURRY UP about it so we can buy it. I MUST have this multipack!