Ewok Multipack

Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

DSIILuke said:
A larger pack of Ewoks would have been really cool, and I'm bummed it got canceled. Better idea than the crucible set.
The Lars Moisture Farm was a better idea than the Crucible set
at least with the farm, you had a playset & an extra vaporator & some critters in addition to the crappy figures. With Crucible, you just have a bunch of crappy figures and a Vader and Emperor you don't need. You're paying all that money to have a couple Sith to give to your nephew and some neat hat & staff accessories for your collection.

The sooner they find a home for the Ewok set, the better! I want my AT-ST Hijackers, and the cool Ewok warrior from Caravan of Courage!
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,015
Reaction score
29
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Lets be honest - the Lars set and the Crucible pack were both stinkers - if Hasbro remade Owen and Beru, that set would have been viable, but it sank at retail. As for the Crucible set, the only reason I bought it was because I found it for $10 - otherwise I, like most others would have passed on it.

An Ewok BP would fly off the shelves though, because it appeals to many people - I think they could even pack the set with Ewoks that were only in the made-for-tv movies, and it would sell. Kids could care less about source material, and many collectors dont care where the likeness came from, only that the new Ewoks can help fill a diorama.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,041
Reaction score
3
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

it's a wait and see for me. not sure if i want a battlepack of just Ewoks. if they pack in some Imperials with the set then maybe we might be interested but it's no dice for me at this time.

not a huge Ewok fan.
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2003
Messages
21,552
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I am full throttle for htis, even if they have to use already existing parts. Hasbro just needs to use the "entire" library of modern parts though. I am sick of every Ewok using the same body.
 
Joined
Dec 2, 2000
Messages
5,887
Reaction score
7
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Michael_Knight said:
I am sick of every Ewok using the same body.
Same here. Tired of the giant crotch-gap the current sculpt has. They need to look at Chirpa to remember how an ewok's lower half should be sculpted. If they can fix that, I'll be more than happy to pick up this pack.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,015
Reaction score
29
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

Variety will help a set like this at retail, so using a mix of parts and doing retools on most if not all of them would be a plus. For example, I dont like Romba's right arm that is bent at the joint - and it already appears on four figures - thats enough. Making the Ewoks look different is a reason I want to see characters like Chuka-Trok, and Kaink (remade) and why previous Ewoks like Leektar looked so great.
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
7,820
Reaction score
0
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

Darn. I would have taken a multi-pack or two of Ewok figures. Funny because I sort of used to despise them when I was a kid. Now I can't get enough of the little boogers. My wife would be all over this. She loves her some Ewoks.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,615
Reaction score
6
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

Please, please, please give us some ewok multi-figure sets! I'd be all over something like this, but a key element of importance to me is a little more variety in the ewok body sculpts. We need another body or two in the mix so that they don't all look exactly the same, with that wide crotch, as others have mentioned. Also, it's time to retire the Graak and Romba face and hood sculpts from repainting. They've been used often enough now and are becoming too obvious. Repaints are totally cool for background, unnamed ewoks, but let's get some more variety in that parts pool please.


But yes, more ewoks please! The more the better, and if that includes realistic versions of Ewoks tv series characters or ewok movie characters, that's great news too.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

One only has to look as far as our wishlist poll to see that there's big interest in Ewoks - there are plenty in the finals, and then there area just as many just outside the finals.

And these include vintage analogs, known/named subjects and even some that are known only for their accessory/function:

Vintage Needs:

Lumat - We don't have ANY Lumat figure, either vintage colored or modern coloring.
Logray - Remake of the POTF2 figure
Teebo - Remake of the POTJ figure (both styles of headdress please!)

Known/Named Ewoks

Widdle
Oochee
Rabin
Kazak
Chukha Trok
Kaink
All the other Ewok Film ewoks that would fit in just fine in a standard OT group of Ewoks (Deej, etc.)

Ewoks known for Accessories:

Ewok w/ E-11
Ewok Pipe Smoker
Ewok Horn Blower
Ewok Drummer
 
Joined
May 19, 2000
Messages
3,039
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Darth_Satan said:
Since78, I still want to know if you ever got the Marvel 3 pack you were dissing? You went strangely quiet on that front...
.....Just wondering (still) about this unanswered issue? Don't recall much of a boycott in the end?
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Darth_Satan said:
Darth_Satan said:
Since78, I still want to know if you ever got the Marvel 3 pack you were dissing? You went strangely quiet on that front...
.....Just wondering (still) about this unanswered issue? Don't recall much of a boycott in the end?
It was a great set. And the colours are at least very close to screen accurate, if not fully.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Darth_Satan said:
Darth_Satan said:
Since78, I still want to know if you ever got the Marvel 3 pack you were dissing? You went strangely quiet on that front...
.....Just wondering (still) about this unanswered issue? Don't recall much of a boycott in the end?
Nope, never did - and I hate that it turned out the way that it did - while it was closer, it was still too "candy colored" for my taste.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about further Marvel coloring.

At least they got it right for Lumiya in the end...

'78
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

Since1978 said:
Lumat - We don't have ANY Lumat figure, either vintage colored or modern coloring.
...not in NAME... but you know what happened there. Vintage Lumat painted in grays & whites & passed off as a poorly-painted Graak, who's very similar in deco to another gray-n-white striped Ewok, the Modern Lumat.

So it's kinda like those 'multiple-scene' figures like Poncho Jango Fett, not really Apartment Fett, not really Geonosis Poncho Fett. Graak isn't really Graak, isn't really modern Lumat, isn't really vintage Lumat.

However, if you paint him in vintage Lumat colors... PRESTO! Vintage Lumat!

STILL wondering how long Hasbro's gonna hold off doing just that.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
30,723
Reaction score
35
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

EmperorPalpitate said:
Same here. Tired of the giant crotch-gap the current sculpt has. They need to look at Chirpa to remember how an ewok's lower half should be sculpted. If they can fix that, I'll be more than happy to pick up this pack.
Yep that would help them look a tad better!
At any rate though they definitely need to get three more body sculpts into rotation so every single Ewok isn't the same height!
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,615
Reaction score
6
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

EmperorPalpitate said:
Tired of the giant crotch-gap the current sculpt has. They need to look at Chirpa to remember how an ewok's lower half should be sculpted.
Yeah, ideally I'd like something that split the difference. Chirpa is a little close legged with his ankles touching like that, while the others look like they should be riding bordoks. Something in between would seem ideal to me. Here's hoping we get something new with the Wicket sculpt - it'll have to be if it's gonna be accurate.
 
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

They should include the dead Ewok from ROTJ, maybe have a lever action spark makers built in the figure to simulate the smoldering from laser burns.

Also, make the damn victory celebration drummer already...just make sure the drum set's helmets are removable this time.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
2,119
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

After getting my Kaink & Teek today I really want more Ewoks...soon. i hope this set see the light of day I almost sold my Oochee and Widdle knowing they were coming. I am glad I held off.

A dead Ewok would be awesome BTW.
 
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

As you may or may not know, I collect nothing BUT Ewoks! So yes any multipacks and/or 2-packs would be most welcome. I was disappointed with Kaink, so I feel we should be compensated with more Ewoks!
 
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
2,983
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

total bummer about this. i was really looking forward to this
.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
18,083
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Any and every ewok is a worthwhile release in my book. I'd be down for a few ewok multipacks.
 
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I'd buy 2 of each if these ever get released.
 
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
17,743
Reaction score
26
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

DSIILuke said:
A larger pack of Ewoks would have been really cool, and I'm bummed it got canceled. Better idea than the crucible set.

I'm all for them to do an exclusive 2 pack line, much like the Genonsis sets. Endor themed sets. Get Leia in her dress with Wicket. Ewoks with stromtrooper helmet roto-tom drums! Those I would be all over.


Hopefully it pans out somehow, we're only a few years off from the 30th of ROTJ, the easiest of all films to do figures from, so hopefully they've got something cool like this to celebrate it.
That two-pack idea would interest me. They could even add in those forest bases that came with some of the 2005 ROTS figures or some bases that when attached they could form the area around the firepit.

I have a feeling that Hasbro just has too much lined up for the fall and they needed to move something back.

I know the fall is the big Christmas shopping season, but wouldn't a cool pack like this be a great way to push spring/summer sales? I'd like to see some spring exclusives to keep the line interesting over the whole year.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I maintain it's due to previous poorly selling exclusives - but yes, a couple of spring items thrown into the mix would be nice, as it would help balance the year out!

'78
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
6,814
Reaction score
3
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Considering what was hinted about the EU packs that are/were in limbo in another thread via link to banthatracks, maybe (this is mere speculation) the EU packs were further along in production so H and EE worked out a deal to get the EU packs out first,(assuming EE was to be the carrier for the ewok set) then the ewok set later.
Or maybe the ewoks could be next years disney exclusive. Wasn't disney connected to the original ewok tv movies, even indirectly? afterall those, as well as the droids and ewok cartoons, originally aired on ABC-TV who is parntnered w/ Disney if memory serves correctly. It could explain why teek, kaink, and other ewoks eneded up at star tours.
 
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
17,743
Reaction score
26
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Since1978 said:
I maintain it's due to previous poorly selling exclusives - but yes, a couple of spring items thrown into the mix would be nice, as it would help balance the year out!

'78
Yes, you're probably right about the poor selling part. Balance might be a way to help with some of that, I think. A pack like this would really make the spring a lot of fun and might help push regular sales as well as at least giving us something to look for in case the wave distribution plan doesn't pan out again.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I think the Star Tours figures are more about what appears in the Star Tours attraction, vs. a Disney tie-in with the movies.

That said, I'd suspect you're right, they had some items to get out this year, that were probably well along in pre-production, and those will become the gap.

I suspect we'll see all of these figures in one form or another, but still, I think it's key for us to show support for such a release, whenever it might happen, to Hasbro.
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Since1978 said:
I think the Star Tours figures are more about what appears in the Star Tours attraction, vs. a Disney tie-in with the movies.

That said, I'd suspect you're right, they had some items to get out this year, that were probably well along in pre-production, and those will become the gap.

I suspect we'll see all of these figures in one form or another, but still, I think it's key for us to show support for such a release, whenever it might happen, to Hasbro.
Agreed. But it really doesnt help when you look at the choices of the exclusives over the years. I mean could they have gone for worse choices? And then they are puzzled why these things dont move - Im not!
 
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
3,494
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Best Ewok 2 pack idea ever = 2 Ewoks and a piece to build..... a Gorax!!!!!
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Not really - the first two were pretty good - the clones sold quickly, and really captured some of that clone-love that was going on "way back when" - then the Astromech packs were even better, and also sold out.

But since then, it's been a steady stream of less than stellar choices.

This set could have broken that cycle, let's hope it still can in some altered form next year - or whenever...
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
7,820
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I think the next sets were EU stuff? Granted they were army builders but it was basically office people headsculpts underneath the helmets I think? Kind of killed the whole warrior appeal I think.

Anyway, yeah Ewok multi-packs would have been a good way to go. Something straight from the films would have a good chance at selling pretty well.
 
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
17,743
Reaction score
26
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I agree with 78. We need to impress upon Hasbro what we really want. I know that's difficult, but we really need to let them know what most people would be happy with. I'm in the same boat as Captain jack on the Ewok issue. I'm not really an Ewok fan, but they are an important part of ROTJ and I am willing to buy just about any Ewok release.

I know it's difficult for us to agree on certain things, but Ewoks seems to be an area where people either love them or they're willing to buy them. I rarely hear anybody say they won't buy an Ewok. Now, they'll complain about paying a lot for such a small figure, but in the end they'll buy it. If we let Hasbro know what we are willing to buy, that might help the whole exclusive situation.
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

If they do this then I will be getting two, so I can bolster my Ewok Army.
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

ShmashWitdaclub said:
Best Ewok 2 pack idea ever = 2 Ewoks and a piece to build..... a Gorax!!!!!
Would be a cool release in the vein of the Target packs, two Ewoks, Ewok Celebration bits and pieces (bigger and smaller, depending on the size of the Gorax piece)... mixing movie, cartoon and TV movie Ewoks..
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

I do think the 2 pack idea would work well. Like the Order 66/Geonosis etc etc. Something like this;

Endor Luke (new helmet) with Lumat
Endor Leia (new helmet and poncho) with Teebo (new/kitbash)
Stormtrooper (dirty deco) with Widdle
AT-ST Driver (dirty deco) with Oochee
Scout Trooper (dirty deco) with Logray (new/kitbash)
Endor Rebel (new variation) with Ewok Mother (new/kitbash)

Etc etc. Something like this would be really cool to me at least. No/minimal new tooling required, and some nice updates and variations that might be really cool to our collections. I would get them all!
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
1,358
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Idpullthecurtain said:
I do think the 2 pack idea would work well. Like the Order 66/Geonosis etc etc. Something like this;

Endor Luke (new helmet) with Lumat
Endor Leia (new helmet and poncho) with Teebo (new/kitbash)
Stormtrooper (dirty deco) with Widdle
AT-ST Driver (dirty deco) with Oochee
Scout Trooper (dirty deco) with Logray (new/kitbash)
Endor Rebel (new variation) with Ewok Mother (new/kitbash)

Etc etc. Something like this would be really cool to me at least. No/minimal new tooling required, and some nice updates and variations that might be really cool to our collections. I would get them all!
I would too. Heck, they can even shop this to 2 different retailers - one gets assortment A with BAF parts, another gets assortment B with larger Ewok themed accessories. 12 different sets in all. 6 for each retailer.
 
Joined
May 19, 2000
Messages
3,039
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Memnoch21 said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
I do think the 2 pack idea would work well. Like the Order 66/Geonosis etc etc. Something like this;

Endor Luke (new helmet) with Lumat
Endor Leia (new helmet and poncho) with Teebo (new/kitbash)
Stormtrooper (dirty deco) with Widdle
AT-ST Driver (dirty deco) with Oochee
Scout Trooper (dirty deco) with Logray (new/kitbash)
Endor Rebel (new variation) with Ewok Mother (new/kitbash)

Etc etc. Something like this would be really cool to me at least. No/minimal new tooling required, and some nice updates and variations that might be really cool to our collections. I would get them all!
I would too. Heck, they can even shop this to 2 different retailers - one gets assortment A with BAF parts, another gets assortment B with larger Ewok themed accessories. 12 different sets in all. 6 for each retailer.
Nice idea but if 2-packs with clones, 2-packs with droids and 2-packs with Jedi don't sell enough to warrant further waves, I can't see 2-packs with Ewoks being popular at retail
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,109
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Kinderspartan said:
ShmashWitdaclub said:
Best Ewok 2 pack idea ever = 2 Ewoks and a piece to build..... a Gorax!!!!!
Would be a cool release in the vein of the Target packs, two Ewoks, Ewok Celebration bits and pieces (bigger and smaller, depending on the size of the Gorax piece)... mixing movie, cartoon and TV movie Ewoks..
I'm good with that idea - save for the Gorax - just not needed....

But the Ewok environment pieces and some celebration figures would be nice!

There's that slightly different version of Lando that they could get into the mix if they go that route.

Ultimately, I'd rather just see two EE six packs or similar - like the Astromech packs back in 2004 (or whenever that was) - Cover a bunch of background Ewoks (ya know they'd have to leave a few of the important ones for the basic line) in one most excellent release...
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
1,358
Reaction score
0
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Darth_Satan said:
Memnoch21 said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
I do think the 2 pack idea would work well. Like the Order 66/Geonosis etc etc. Something like this;

Endor Luke (new helmet) with Lumat
Endor Leia (new helmet and poncho) with Teebo (new/kitbash)
Stormtrooper (dirty deco) with Widdle
AT-ST Driver (dirty deco) with Oochee
Scout Trooper (dirty deco) with Logray (new/kitbash)
Endor Rebel (new variation) with Ewok Mother (new/kitbash)

Etc etc. Something like this would be really cool to me at least. No/minimal new tooling required, and some nice updates and variations that might be really cool to our collections. I would get them all!
I would too. Heck, they can even shop this to 2 different retailers - one gets assortment A with BAF parts, another gets assortment B with larger Ewok themed accessories. 12 different sets in all. 6 for each retailer.
Nice idea but if 2-packs with clones, 2-packs with droids and 2-packs with Jedi don't sell enough to warrant further waves, I can't see 2-packs with Ewoks being popular at retail
If they are priced reasonably I see no reason why they would fail. The problem with the last DF Sets were the price and all the others tend to be PT skewed. We haven't seen it tried on a large OT level.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,015
Reaction score
29
Re: Ewok Multipack (2011 at the Earliest)

Hasbro should stick to Ewok 2-packs in the basic line or the BP that they said was in the works, a series of 2-packs with a repacked/retooled figure and an Ewok would sink - why would anyone want another Endor Leia, Luke, or Scout Trooper?
 
Top