Ewok Multipack

Reaction score
This thread was originally used to discuss Widdle and Oochee, but in light of the Q&A answers that came down on 6/2, it appears that these two were part of a larger Ewok multipack that was also to include Chuka Trok.

Unfortunately this multi-pack got cancelled for this year, but sounds like it still has a shot for down the road.

Let's use this thread to show our support of such a pack, so that this, like all too many other potential releases doesn't fade into ignominity...

This one was actually needed!

'78

Reaction score
Re: Widdle & Oochee (2010 Exclusive?)

Since am still ignoring the old AWFUL figures that came with the UBP. I am very excited these are coming next year. Good choice. Looks like next year will be another good Ewok year. Wicket, Widdle and Oochee at least.

Reaction score

YES

Assuming they aren't repaints of almost-cool-Chirpa or any of the crap Ewoks pre-Chirpa, I'll happily buy what ever the set turns out to be to get them, no matter who it's exclusive to.

I'd love a 5 or 6 pack of random Ewoks including those two but I won't get my hopes up too high.

Reaction score

I can't wait to get this one! I've been wanting Oochee forever, and the prices on that figure are ridiculous, especially since he doesn't even fit in with the modern-style Ewoks.

Hm...Exclusive? Ewok Droid Factory! Five 2-packs:

-Han w/ leg-hugging Ewok
-Leia w/ new Wicket
-Chewbacca w/ Oochee
-AT-ST Driver w/ Widdle
-Storm Trooper w/ random Ewok

Each comes with a part so you can build your own Ewok. XD

Reaction score

Okami said:
I can't wait to get this one! I've been wanting Oochee forever, and the prices on that figure are ridiculous, especially since he doesn't even fit in with the modern-style Ewoks.

-Han w/ leg-hugging Ewok
-Leia w/ new Wicket
-Chewbacca w/ Oochee
-AT-ST Driver w/ Widdle

I would LOVE this and be all over it. And Im sure it would be a bigger seller than the retail poison that they keep releasing as 2-packs. This would be an AWESOME idea.

Reaction score

Posted this in the rumours thread but now this thread exists I'll paste it here as it's the better place for this reply...

I'm loving all the ewok news. Great stuff! I just hope the new Widdle and Oochee aren't simply repainted Romba and Graaks or some other quick recycle. While they could certainly share some parts, a little new tooling would be preferable, at least on their faces and/or hoods. My prediction is they'll be an exclusive AT-ST hyjacking BP with an AT-ST driver (two would be nice but I'm not holding my breath) and a Chewie.

Reaction score

Most of the Ewoks of late share common bodies, but have had different head sculpts and different hoods/cowels. So I would assume the same for these. Fortunately that's the sort of minor updating that keeps this line rolling in new figures with lower tooling costs.

To me, the big question is, what's the release avenue for this one?! I like the two-pack concept enumerated above!

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Most of the Ewoks of late share common bodies, but have had different head sculpts and different hoods/cowels. So I would assume the same for these. Fortunately that's the sort of minor updating that keeps this line rolling in new figures with lower tooling costs.

To me, the big question is, what's the release avenue for this one?! I like the two-pack concept enumerated above!

'78
Exactly, the exclusive part makes it interesting..... Not been much in the way of exclusive BP's have there? A rerelease of the AT-ST would seem too soon. A multipack like the Astomechs seems most likely to me.

Reaction score

Totally understood and I agree the two pack option would be excellent (even if the build-an-ewok component has a snowball's chance on Musatafar), but I only mention the repaint scenario in relation to this if it were a BP, seeing as they seem to need to cut corners on so many of those. Anyways, like we both said, here's hoping they don't. Given they have been so good with giving us new heads and hoods recently, I don't think it is too much to expect.
Bring on the ewoks.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Totally understood and I agree the two pack option would be excellent (even if the build-an-ewok component has a snowball's chance on Musatafar), but I only mention the repaint scenario in relation to this if it were a BP, seeing as they seem to need to cut corners on so many of those. Anyways, like we both said, here's
hoping they don't. Given they have been so good with giving us new heads and hoods recently, I don't think it is too much to expect.
Bring on the ewoks.
All Ewoks are based on old toolings! That doesnt mean to say that a new head and hood isnt often included. That is what these two will be.

Reaction score

I'm not interested in Ewoks, so this will be an easy pass.

Reaction score

ETAndElliot said:
Build-A-Gorax 2010

I'm all for it.
YES!!!!

I dare not dream of such a slim possibility but I'd love to see it!

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
ReverendStrone said:
Totally understood and I agree the two pack option would be excellent (even if the build-an-ewok component has a snowball's chance on Musatafar), but I only mention the repaint scenario in relation to this if it were a BP, seeing as they seem to need to cut corners on so many of those. Anyways, like we both said, here's
hoping they don't. Given they have been so good with giving us new heads and hoods recently, I don't think it is too much to expect.
Bring on the ewoks.
All Ewoks are based on old toolings! That doesnt mean to say that a new head and hood isnt often included. That is what these two will be.
Of course and I certainly hope these will have new heads, but not all modern releases have been newly tooled. the only point i was trying to make in my initial post was to say we shouldn't just assume these would have newly tooled heads and hoods. While I hope as much as anyone that they will, it is conceivable they might be a repaint, depending on how much money Hasbro throws at them. The recent WM comic pack ewoks reused existing hoods and only minimal resculpting of the heads (just the ears), or in one case, no resculpting at all. I'm not saying that is what will be done with Widdle and Oochee, although it is pretty much the treatment they got in 2007, only that it is not inconceivable that they might do something like that, especially since by the time these come out we'll have a number of new hood and head sculpts that haven't yet been repainted and used again (Warok and Noapaak).

Anyways, I didn't mean this to become a discuission point, but I do not think I am totally wrong in saying they might do that. We don't know either way yet, is all I'm saying.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
ReverendStrone said:
Bring on the ewoks.
Of course and I certainly hope these will have new heads, but not all modern releases have been newly tooled. the only point i was trying to make in my initial post was to say we shouldn't just assume these would have newly tooled heads and hoods. While I hope as much as anyone that they will, it is conceivable they might be a repaint, depending on how much money Hasbro throws at them. The recent WM comic pack ewoks reused existing hoods and only minimal resculpting of the heads (just the ears), or in one case, no resculpting at all. I'm not saying that is what will be done with Widdle and Oochee, although it is pretty much the treatment they got in 2007, only that it is not inconceivable that they might do something like that, especially since by the time these come out we'll have a number of new hood and head sculpts that haven't yet been repainted and used again (Warok and Noapaak).

Anyways, I didn't mean this to become a discuission point, but I do not think I am totally wrong in saying they might do that. We don't know either way yet, is all I'm saying.
I think it is fair to assume that most future Ewoks will have new/retooled/modified heads and hoods. But sure there will likely be some that will be reused without change too.

GNT

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Exactly, the exclusive part makes it interesting..... Not been much in the way of exclusive BP's have there?
We haven't seen any exclusive battepacks lately but we've seen them before so if Hasbro can't slot them into the basic line then yeah a battle pack would be a nice option.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
Exactly, the exclusive part makes it interesting..... Not been much in the way of exclusive BP's have there?
We haven't seen any exclusive battepacks lately but we've seen them before so if Hasbro can't slot them into the basic line then yeah a battle pack would be a nice option.
I just feel that an exclusive BP seems unlikely. I really like the Ewok 2-pack ideas, that would be a great way to get them out there.

Dom

Reaction score

Okami said:

-Han w/ leg-hugging Ewok
-Leia w/ new Wicket
-Chewbacca w/ Oochee
-AT-ST Driver w/ Widdle

Hell yeah, but maybe have a catapult or something.

With regards to these 2, hope they are not an AT-ST pack in. At £50 I won`t buy 2. Maybe an assult on AT-ST battle pack with a Chewie and AT-ST and the little guys

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
Why not do 2 entertainment earth 5-packs like they did with the droids?
I wish they would. I'd definitely buy them no matter what.

Reaction score

yes, and hasbro doesnt have to complain about whether or not they sell well. I loved the EE packs that have come out and have bought just about all of them.

Reaction score

All for it! Two brand new ewoks into the mix is just what I want!

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
Why not do 2 entertainment earth 5-packs like they did with the droids?
I've dreamt about that very idea for the last couple years, haha!

Reaction score

Yes I'll get any ewoks. Distribution or location or price regardless. I'm a big time ewok fan.

The build a gorax concept I'm in favor of as well.

Reaction score

Yes more ewoks please, I would even go to E-bay for a village for them.

Reaction score

I'm happy that these guys are coming out, but a little nervous about them being an exclusive. This means they'll almost definitely be overpriced, and if Walmart gets them, they'll be hard to get for about half of us thanks to their craptastic distribution with exclusives.

Reaction score

I hope this pans out. I would really love the two hijacking Ewoks hehe. That scene still makes me chuckle with Chewie doing his Tarzan impression hehe.

I've actually mentioned to Hasbro several times that they should make these two Ewoks, but there are a few option on how thye could be released. I for one would hate to see them as an exclusive, especially if big name UK toy stores turn down the offer of having them. So I do hope they get a normal release like Romba & Graak.

Failing a general single carded release, something else I mentioned to Hasbro a while ago, it would be good to see these two Ewoks in a battle pack with Chewbacca and an AT-ST. I think that would be really fun, especially if they set it up so Chewie and the Ewoks are flying in doing their Tarzan bit hehe.

Hasbro know there are loads of poteniall for Ewok 2-packs though. The two that carry R2, the two that carry 3PO, and the others that carry Luke, Han and Chewie. That's another 10 Ewoks, as well as a battle pack of the Catapault and the Ewoks that operate it. Not to mention other Ewok warriors we see in battle that should be made. So come on Hasbro, get a move on, we're waiting.. lol..

Reaction score

I'm in the UK too, so I agree - if WallMart Exclusive means overpiced and hard to find, then I'll be annoyed. Don't forget that non-US collectors have hefty prices to pay for p&p (not to mention the long wait).

Reaction score

I am really looking forward to this. It is about time Ewoks got more attention. I am really sick of the constant lame clone repaints and am glad that other types of characters are getting more love.

Reaction score

this is some good news for me-if it holds up to be true. i will gladly welcome these fellas to my collection.

Reaction score

Yeah though they are cranking them out pretty quick there are still quite a few KEY Ewoks to get to;

Wicket
Logray
Teebo
Lumat
Widdle
Oochee

Am sure they will all be covered fairly soon, looks like at least 3 are coming next year.