Ewok Adventures: Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor

Reaction score
I've pretty much seen it all, including a torturous complete viewing of a bootlegged Holiday Special, but I've always sort of given myself a demerit for having never seen the Ewok films. I was loosely familiar with them, I knew of them, I'd just never truly sat down and watched them in context. So with their upload to Disney + recently, well I've at long last seen them. I had two strange revelation:

The first was that I had to have indeed seen them before, but I must have been far too young to truly remember anything more then faint images. But my God, it was such a blast from the past feeling for me to realize this. Certain images came on screen and I'd be hit with this overwhelming feeling of my childhood. That's where that came from! Example: For years I'd had a sort of vague false memory of this image of Gamorrean Guards playing cards in a sort of Castle-like dungeon environment. I just really liked the aesthetic so much that it stuck in my memory banks. Yet clearly, that's not in Return of the Jedi. It's bothered me for years, where did this come from? I've looked everywhere for it. Was it perhaps Jim Henson's Storyteller, my parents often putting Henson related shows on for me in the 80's? No. An old fantasy film I caught my dad watching? Maybe. Cut scene? Nada. McQuarrie concept art? Nope. Was it just a dream? Then I'm watching these and by God, there it is in The Battle for Endor. Over the decades my mind replaced the Marauders for Gamorreans. After all these years, my mystery has been solved.

Secondly I'm not going to sit here and say I don't understand the criticism these films get, but I don't share in that hate. I had a remarkably good time with these. I don't think these are, by any means, on par with the Holiday Special. These are far more enjoyable. Are they objectively kind of bad? Sure! They're clearly cheap, the acting and dialogue is very cringeworthy, and the stories are downright bizarre...but I found something rather endearing about them. I think a lot of the disdain for them stems from two things:

- Comparison to SW.
- A genre swap.

I think these are misjudged just because of there association with the SW brand. I think these should be viewed as a sort of high fantasy children's fairy tale. If you can do that, I think they're remarkably charming. I'm a massive fan of high fantasy and fairy tales, but as these films went...I became utterly fascinated with the actual roots of how these came to be. There are many things I noted:

- It really, for my money, appears these were a sort of trial and error groundwork project for what would eventually become Willow. I believe I'd heard that Lucas attempted to acquire the rights to Tolkien's world, unsure of what exactly happened but clearly he didn't get those rights, but many Tolkien-like concept were clearly adapted into Lucasfilm's Willow project. And there's just no denying the similarities between Middle-Earth, Willow, and these Ewok movies. You literally have a band that sets forth on a quest, adopts new party members with new skills along the way, and they go marching through an area that even felt very like Mordor to me.

- I often got the same vibes from these as I did from classic Ray Harryhausen fantasy adventure films. And not just for the wonderful usage of classic stop-motion. They have a sort of the same feel to them. Also I can't tell you how much I miss matte paintings and how totally beautiful some were in these Ewok films. Say what you like about the over-all, but those were fantastic.

- It got me thinking...it is rather bizarre to take a SW branded project in this direction though. I know SW does really share more in common with myth and legend than it does science fiction, but it's not so heavy-handed. Visually it looks like almost pure sci-fi. These don't. This is just downright blatant. Strange...and then it hit me. What was then MASSIVE with children? He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: what's in essence Conan and High Fantasy blended with Science-Fiction. Even case in point: Battle for Endor even opens like Conan where they SHOCKINGLY kill Cindel's family in a village raid. What a sort of out of place dark move. And if you're going to do a blatant children's High Fantasy story set in the SW universe, well the Ewoks at least do make the most sense. I was often reminded of films (some more and some less with many different reasons) like The Last Starfighter, Legend, Harryhausen's later and cheaper Sinbad films, The Never-ending Story, Enemy Mine, etc.

- I loved seeing the Gorax in live-action. I remember staring at that McQuarrie painting and just imagining. I've often theorized that George mentioned to Ralph he wanted a huge monster in Jedi and Ralph just went nuts with creations, one of which was the Gorax, but eventually it was decided to go with the Rancor at Jabba's Palace instead of some gigantic beast during the later Endor half of the film. So the poor Gorax was shelved. But he got repurposes for this. It's VERY Jack and the Beanstalk.

- I was rather surprised by how much Battle for Endor reminded me, at times, of Snow White. Especially the content with Wilford Brimley's character. They find a seemingly abandoned cottage. Noa, at least at first, is in essence this strange combination of both Grumpy the dwarf and I'd argue possibly even Tom Bombadil from the Fellowship of the Ring novel with his sort of jovial whistling through the woods. Teek would then be basically how Dopey is portrayed in the Disney classic. Cindel is asked to do chores, they all sing and dance and make music, she cooks and cleans and bakes pies. The whole home is very seven dwarves-like in tone. Cindel is then even fooled by a mysterious witch/sorcerous.

As strange as it all is to see things like horses, a literal castle, what's in essence fairies, magic, ravens or hearing things like Noa's very real-world accent and expressions on top of Wicket TALKING basic in a Galaxy Far Far Away, I think perhaps a base knowledge of all its own sort of inspirations can greatly enhance how much you enjoy these movies. Because honestly, I had a great time seeing these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have these on dvd from a while back. they are pretty hard to watch now for me, even though i love ewoks, only because the children actors in it are so horrible and annoying.

Reaction score
I like the original film, and the sequel is even better. 👍

Reaction score
Great post & review of these two live-action 1984/1984 Ewoks tele-films. For hardcore SW fans at the time (like me), these were like a breath of fresh air. After ROTJ came out in '83, the SW franchise was slowly dying. So, other than these two Ewok tele-films, the Ewoks/Droids cartoon, and the SW Marvel comic (which was also winding down at this time), there really wasn't much new material out there.

I did enjoy both of these. Though, I felt Caravan of Courage moved slowly at times & didn't like the Mace character. But, I did like the Gorax, other monsters, and the overall vibe of the film.

However, I really liked Battle For Endor - and felt it was far superior to the first film. BFE really had a dark feel to it from the beginning re: Cindel's parents and brother getting killed within the first five minutes! When I first saw this, I was surprised because I didn't expect this in a movie that was essentially aimed at children. But, I do think it was a strong way to start the film off, due to showing how evil the monsters/creatures were. Also, it bonded Cindel with the Ewoks & later Noa - given that she didn't have anyone else to look out for her at that point.

And, the battle scenes in BFE were well-done & tense; great stuff here.

I also really appreciated the strong fantasy vibe in BFE re: the evil sorceress that could shape-shift into a young woman, a crow, etc.

I do admit that both films reminded me less of Star Wars & more of the live-action fantasy films that were popular in the '80's. I.e. Labyrinth, The Neverending Story I, Legend, The Dark Crystal, Willow, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've pretty much seen it all, including a torturous complete viewing of a bootlegged Holiday Special, but I've always sort of given myself a demerit for having never seen the Ewok films. I was loosely familiar with them, I knew of them, I'd just never truly sat down and watched them in context. So with their upload to Disney + recently, well I've at long last seen them. I had two strange revelation:

The first was that I had to have indeed seen them before, but I must have been far too young to truly remember anything more then faint images. But my God, it was such a blast from the past feeling for me to realize this. Certain images came on screen and I'd be hit with this overwhelming feeling of my childhood. That's where that came from! Example: For years I'd had a sort of vague false memory of this image of Gamorrean Guards playing cards in a sort of Castle-like dungeon environment. I just really liked the aesthetic so much that it stuck in my memory banks. Yet clearly, that's not in Return of the Jedi. It's bothered me for years, where did this come from? I've looked everywhere for it. Was it perhaps Jim Henson's Storyteller, my parents often putting Henson related shows on for me in the 80's? No. An old fantasy film I caught my dad watching? Maybe. Cut scene? Nada. McQuarrie concept art? Nope. Was it just a dream? Then I'm watching these and by God, there it is in The Battle for Endor. Over the decades my mind replaced the Marauders for Gamorreans. After all these years, my mystery has been solved.

Secondly I'm not going to sit here and say I don't understand the criticism these films get, but I don't share in that hate. I had a remarkably good time with these. I don't think these are, by any means, on par with the Holiday Special. These are far more enjoyable. Are they objectively kind of bad? Sure! They're clearly cheap, the acting and dialogue is very cringeworthy, and the stories are downright bizarre...but I found something rather endearing about them. I think a lot of the disdain for them stems from two things:

- Comparison to SW.
- A genre swap.

I think these are misjudged just because of there association with the SW brand. I think these should be viewed as a sort of high fantasy children's fairy tale. If you can do that, I think they're remarkably charming. I'm a massive fan of high fantasy and fairy tales, but as these films went...I became utterly fascinated with the actual roots of how these came to be. There are many things I noted:

- It really, for my money, appears these were a sort of trial and error groundwork project for what would eventually become Willow. I believe I'd heard that Lucas attempted to acquire the rights to Tolkien's world, unsure of what exactly happened but clearly he didn't get those rights, but many Tolkien-like concept were clearly adapted into Lucasfilm's Willow project. And there's just no denying the similarities between Middle-Earth, Willow, and these Ewok movies. You literally have a band that sets forth on a quest, adopts new party members with new skills along the way, and they go marching through an area that even felt very like Mordor to me.

- I often got the same vibes from these as I did from classic Ray Harryhausen fantasy adventure films. And not just for the wonderful usage of classic stop-motion. They have a sort of the same feel to them. Also I can't tell you how much I miss matte paintings and how totally beautiful some were in these Ewok films. Say what you like about the over-all, but those were fantastic.

- It got me thinking...it is rather bizarre to take a SW branded project in this direction though. I know SW does really share more in common with myth and legend than it does science fiction, but it's not so heavy-handed. Visually it looks like almost pure sci-fi. These don't. This is just downright blatant. Strange...and then it hit me. What was then MASSIVE with children? He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: what's in essence Conan and High Fantasy blended with Science-Fiction. Even case in point: Battle for Endor even opens like Conan where they SHOCKINGLY kill Cindel's family in a village raid. What a sort of out of place dark move. And if you're going to do a blatant children's High Fantasy story set in the SW universe, well the Ewoks at least do make the most sense. I was often reminded of films (some more and some less with many different reasons) like The Last Starfighter, Legend, Harryhausen's later and cheaper Sinbad films, The Never-ending Story, Enemy Mine, etc.

- I loved seeing the Gorax in live-action. I remember staring at that McQuarrie painting and just imagining. I've often theorized that George mentioned to Ralph he wanted a huge monster in Jedi and Ralph just went nuts with creations, one of which was the Gorax, but eventually it was decided to go with the Rancor at Jabba's Palace instead of some gigantic beast during the later Endor half of the film. So the poor Gorax was shelved. But he got repurposes for this. It's VERY Jack and the Beanstalk.

- I was rather surprised by how much Battle for Endor reminded me, at times, of Snow White. Especially the content with Wilford Brimley's character. They find a seemingly abandoned cottage. Noa, at least at first, is in essence this strange combination of both Grumpy the dwarf and I'd argue possibly even Tom Bombadil from the Fellowship of the Ring novel with his sort of jovial whistling through the woods. Teek would then be basically how Dopey is portrayed in the Disney classic. Cindel is asked to do chores, they all sing and dance and make music, she cooks and cleans and bakes pies. The whole home is very seven dwarves-like in tone. Cindel is then even fooled by a mysterious witch/sorcerous.

As strange as it all is to see things like horses, a literal castle, what's in essence fairies, magic, ravens or hearing things like Noa's very real-world accent and expressions on top of Wicket TALKING basic in a Galaxy Far Far Away, I think perhaps a base knowledge of all its own sort of inspirations can greatly enhance how much you enjoy these movies. Because honestly, I had a great time seeing these.
This is the post of the year. I absolutely couldn’t agree more. You hit every point. Y’all clearly get it!

Reaction score
I know that Caravan of Courage has a little slower pace than Battle for Endor, but I still like the 1st movie better. 2 things that bother me about Battle for Endor are:

- Killing off Cindel's family made the entire 1st movie pointless.
- I wasn't a fan of Wicket speaking in English.

I think BFE could have been 98% the same movie without Cindel's family dying. All that needed to happen was for it to appear to Cindel that her family died. Then the rest of the movie happens the same. Then at the very end, instead of Cindel flying off with Noa, her family finds her and we learn how they survived.

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree that killing Cindel's family in the beginning of BFE was a bad move. To me it just added to the drama/darkness of the film, and was incredibly unexpected. It also went along with the theme presented in ANH of Luke having his Aunt/Uncle killed & his life changing because of this.

By the same token, I also disagree that killing of Newt & Hicks at the beginning of Alien 3 was a bad idea. Yes, they survived at the end of Aliens but killing them off in the next movie caused Ripley to be on her own & made the movie a lot darker/more dramatic.

Reaction score
I think the killing off of the Family may have been contractually obligated, like they didn't want to return? Or it made sense to the story for introducing new characters, thus what would you do with the family during that focus? Just let them sit in captivity like the first movie? lol

Honestly after watching it again last night, first time in over 6 years, I'm glad they killed off Mace in the sequel he was OMG annoying! As I sit there watching it felt like every time something bad happened it was caused by him. Not only did he constantly point out things as they were happening, thanks captain obvious, but it was done so in an annoying whining voice.

Wicket speaking English likely came about due to the struggles of the first movie where they needed Mace and narrator to explain everything to the audience which can slow progress.

As much of a fan I am of these movies, at times it can be rough to watch when Ewoks are speaking and no mouth movements. As ell as a few other nitpicks that would obviously not be present in a new version, because I doubt they'll ever go back and do a "Special Edition" of these even though some work needs done on the animatronics. So it does make me want to see them make a modern Ewok D+ show or movie, with upgraded effects so that maybe Ewoks don't look like people in fake fur outfits and we can clearly see lips move when speaking. Also be nice to get more "action" movement out of them in fight scenes.

I've always wanted a return to Endor to see what's been going on, though I always forget did these take place before or after ROTJ?

Reaction score
By the same token, I also disagree that killing of Newt & Hicks at the beginning of Alien 3 was a bad idea. Yes, they survived at the end of Aliens but killing them off in the next movie caused Ripley to be on her own & made the movie a lot darker/more dramatic.
Killing off Newt and Hicks was not a bad idea. It was a terrible idea.

Reaction score
I do remember when these were first aired, they had a "Stereo Simulcast" on FM radio. that was outstanding for back then. Most people didn't have a stereo hookup for their TV.

Reaction score
First of all, I'm glad that the recent addition of these two Ewok tele-films to the Disney channel has resulted in more people watching them/re-watching them. '80's SW EU was minimal, and definitely not as plentiful as SW EU from later decades. So, it's nice to see these TV movies getting some attention - especially after so long. I myself own the films on the 2004 DVD (and don't have Disney+) so can see them whenever I want. However, I know that DVD is long OOP & many people probably haven't had access to these Ewok movies (and Ewoks/Droids cartoons) for many years.

I've always wanted a return to Endor to see what's been going on, though I always forget did these take place before or after ROTJ?
When one of the Ewok TV films came out (can't remember which one), there was an article in the then-Lflm./SW fan newsletter "Bantha Tracks". This mentioned that one of the Ewok babies in the film was playing with a wooden toy scout-walker. So, the strong implication was that the Empire had been there and that the films took place post-ROTJ. I'd like to verify this the next time I watch the movies, however.

Honestly after watching it again last night, first time in over 6 years, I'm glad they killed off Mace in the sequel he was OMG annoying! As I sit there watching it felt like every time something bad happened it was caused by him. Not only did he constantly point out things as they were happening, thanks captain obvious, but it was done so in an annoying whining voice.
Agree completely. I hated the Mace character in the first film; he was grating and obnoxious. And, that's one of the many reasons I thought it was great he was killed off in the beginning of the second film. I.e., I'm sure I wouldn't have liked BFE nearly as much as I did - if Mace had survived.

Reaction score
I never noticed a wooden toy in the first one, the only time I saw a Wokling was from behind (head shot) while Shodu was holding it and while it was in a bassinet. Although having a carving of an Imperial vehicle wouldn't say much about timeframe because the DS took many years to build, so the Empire likely had a presence there for decades before events of ROTJ even happened.

The main reason I ask is because something keeps gnawing at me about their interactions with the kids, almost like it's the fist time encountering said "creatures". Plus for all the time they spent with 3PO, Han, Luke and Leia that they should know rudimentary galactic basic (English?), yet there is a communication barrier between them and the kids. Though I guess whatever Planet they're from doesn't speak it even though the whole galaxy does.

And this isn't just me wondering now I also had that same question years ago, though not the very first time as i would have only been 11 and not quite questioning things like that yet. lol It did occur to me a few years later when watching in my late Teens and so on.

I sometimes wonder if the first one might have taken place right before ROTJ and the second movie after ROTJ, as the explosion might have been the reason why Noa crashed there. Then part of me thinks that life there after the explosion wouldn't ever be the same as the fallout would totally contaminate the environment as well as being knocked out of orbit? That's why it does make a case for movies taking place prior to ROTJ.

If a space station the size of that exploded in our Solar system what do you think would happen to surrounding Planets and moons?

Reaction score
I think the killing off of the Family may have been contractually obligated, like they didn't want to return? Or it made sense to the story for introducing new characters, thus what would you do with the family during that focus? Just let them sit in captivity like the first movie? lol
They wouldn't have to do anything with Cindel's family during the bulk of the movie. We follow the movie through Cindel's point of view. As far as she knows, her family died. Then at the very end, she's reunited with them. Maybe they were looking for her the whole time. It's a forrest moon, right? It wouldn't be hard to imagine that they were looking for her but took a while to find her.

We all got our own preferences. I would just have preferred a happier ending and for the first movie to not have been rendered pointless.

speaking English likely came about due to the struggles of the first movie where they needed Mace and narrator to explain everything to the audience which can slow progress.
I admit that having a narrator was a step away from that classic Star Wars feel. But having the same narrator as the old Rudolph special gave me the nostalgic feels.

always wanted a return to Endor to see what's been going on, though I always forget did these take place before or after ROTJ?
From what I understand, when they made the Ewok movies, they envisioned that it took place after ROTJ but then Lucasfilm later retconned it to take place between ESB and ROTJ. Personally, I like to stick to the original intent that it took place after ROTJ.

Reaction score
That retcon did in fact occur. They happen between V and VI now.

And yes! Burl Ives narrated the first film. It surely added a layer of nostalgic fantasy cred.

Reaction score
That does sound a little bit better in regards to not having come in contact with Humans before, yet then there's still the aspect that Wicket should know Galactic basic when he meets Leia, Han Luke etc. Unless like I said the Towani Family weren't speaking basic. As well as the fact it all happens before the fallout of the DS exploding.

After watching BFE last night I noticed a shift by having all the Ewoks locked up for most of the movie, almost as if they didn't want focus on their shortcomings. So they only had to focus on Wicket, Teek, Cindel and Noa. Which isn't all bad but part of what I liked about the first movie was all the Ewok stuff, so I kind of missed that here. The Marauders as the antagonist I feel work a little better than the Gorax, to me he just seemed too big for a bunch of Ewoks to handle. Almost like flees assaulting a camel.

Yes Burl Ives narrating was charming and I didn't have an issue with it per say, though it did feel different than other Star Wars prior. It was kind of needed due to all the non speaking gibberish, and you could also look at it as "a story told by" Cindel after growing up and her reflecting on that time in her life.

Reaction score
Killing off Newt and Hicks was not a bad idea. It was a terrible idea.
It did feel at least that by the end of “Aliens,” Ripley had stopped the “nightmares,” and there was hope to start anew.

Killing Newt and Hicks was like some horrible voice in the universe telling her, “no respite for you. The nightmare is going to continue on for you, and you’ll never find peace or escape these things.”

It’s as bas as in the Terminator series, where there the optimism T2 made us feel that Judgment Day can be stopped, is eradicated by all the bad, non-Cameron sequels.

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the kind words guys, I'm glad folks enjoyed this post so much. Sorry I am so late to the game, did some time in the hospital so that's why I was MIA. I'm okay, no worries. Been home for a few days now, just haven't gotten in here yet.

This is the post of the year. I absolutely couldn’t agree more. You hit every point. Y’all clearly get it!
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me...especially now.

I found, personally, killing Cindel's family a shocking move considering these def. seem aimed more for children...but not entirely surprising. I agree with the theory that the other actors probably didn't really want involved anymore and well...there you go. Kill them off because what choice do you have?

I'll agree Mace was annoying...but...PERHAPS that was the point? He's an angsty pre-teen. But by the end of the adventure, he seems to have capsuled that angst and found his way. I also wonder, since I BELIEVE I read somewhere, my memory banks seem to recall that the name Mace was used in the original SW script somewhere. I wonder if they took it from that...then of course, many moons later, Lucas repurposed it for Mace Windu.

I'm very curious and really want to delve even deeper into what I said originally: Lucas's link to interest in Tolkien, Willow, and where these Ewok movies fit into that. Because I think it clear, they def. do.

I think you can make a POSSIBLE argument in defense of Wicket talking. Yes it's a stretch, but I liked to think of it as sort of like a parrot. Yes a parrot can mimic, but some...well some learn and man... can ALMOST converse. Folk need to watch this: Alex the Parrot. It's almost unbelievable....but there it is...on film.

Freaking incredible! Powerful IMO. Really watch it! I wanna say I read somewhere that when his original owner died, he was quoted as saying something (paraphrasing) to "I'm sad, I miss them." If you're an animal person like me, well man...that touches you. I cried when he died all those years ago. Hell watching that again, makes me get misty-eyed again. I mean there would be moments where, for example, I'd say to him had I owned (hypothetically of course or like a pet of mine) "Are you hungry?" and Alex would say...literally...."No, just want water!" If that happened to me, because yeah I talk to animals like a crazy person, but if I heard that? I'd think I'd gone off the deep end. I'm crazy! Yet it's happened! For REAL! Least in birds and apes also, not talking but sign language. Also I believe Dolphins. Parrots are the only ones I know who can vocalize though.

This is how I kinda looked at Wicket in the last movie when he'd talk. How I rolled with it, strange as it was at first. I remember Alex. Well...is it really THAT impossible? Maybe he's like Alex the Parrot, he is a fictional animal alien after all, maybe once he met our ROTJ heroes, well....some of those words stuck. Maybe he's more intelligent than we think. Who's to say Ewoks are utterly just that primitive cave-man level? I mean in ROTJ, you see they built entire tree cities. They understand traps. They can fashion weapons. Even elaborate ones like catapults. They understand, on a basic level, how aviation works. I mean that shows a level of intelligence, right?

Primitive does not translate to stupid. They're just ignorant of some things. Ignorance and stupidity are not the same. It would be like calling a 12 year old an idiot because he doesn't fully understand chemistry, psychology, history. You could argue, well, all of us were this once. Genetically! We just like to try to forget our origins. Shame, IMO, lot to learn from that. I mean look at the universe of SW. How did any species that didn't speak basic learn to or how did any species who only spoke basic learn to speak an alien language? Had to begin somewhere, right? Han speaks Rodian apparently. Clearly speaks Wookiee. As do Chewie and Greedo understand basic. Same with many languages in SW. Everyone understands Jabba and Jabba understands them, right? It's trial, error, and experience. Wicket talking basic really isn't quite as silly as it may overtly seem, it's not like he's delivering elaborate soliloquys! Just perhaps he's learning! Silly as it sounds to think of teddy bear cave man warriors speaking and learning English, in this universe....far more absurd things have happened.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with the theory that the other actors probably didn't really want involved anymore and well...there you go. Kill them off because what choice do you have?
After watching the second movie I realized that the Jeremitt was played by a different actor, so I wonder why even change it if only to kill off the character? Also notice that Catarine wasn't even given credit yet had ten seconds of screen time to pass out, don't recall if it was the same actress as the first though.

Reaction score
After watching the second movie I realized that the Jeremitt was played by a different actor, so I wonder why even change it if only to kill off the character? Also notice that Catarine wasn't even given credit yet had ten seconds of screen time to pass out, don't recall if it was the same actress as the first though.
I watched them back to back and I remember even thinking to myself, "Wait...is that the same guy playing the dad?" Nope, it's not. Then it also hit me, wait, isn't that the principle from The Breakfast Club? I KNEW I recognized him!!! Then if I recall correct, Catarine (the mother) is ONLY SHOWN from behind and like you said, for like seconds. so lord only knows if it's even the same actress.

Reaction score
I watched them back to back and I remember even thinking to myself, "Wait...is that the same guy playing the dad?" Nope, it's not. Then it also hit me, wait, isn't that the principle from The Breakfast Club? I KNEW I recognized him!!! Then if I recall correct, Catarine (the mother) is ONLY SHOWN from behind and like you said, for like seconds. so lord only knows if it's even the same actress.
Yes, the late Paul Gleason. I also remember when I first watched both Ewok films back to back realizing that the father was a different actor in 1 & 2 - I guess they couldn't get the same guy back for whatever reason. Not a big deal at all, especially since he's dead within 2-3 minutes after BFE begins. You're right, I don't know if the Mom is the same actress or not.

I need to re-watch these at some point soon. It's been at least ten+ years since I last saw them.

Reaction score
Yes, the late Paul Gleason. I also remember when I first watched both Ewok films back to back realizing that the father was a different actor in 1 & 2 - I guess they couldn't get the same guy back for whatever reason. Not a big deal at all, especially since he's dead within 2-3 minutes after BFE begins. You're right, I don't know if the Mom is the same actress or not.

I need to re-watch these at some point soon. It's been at least ten+ years since I last saw them.
Yeah I knew I recognized the actor (Paul Gleason) right away, kept saying to myself...."WHAT do I know him for? I KNOW something!" Then IMDB showed me. RIP!

I have to say, Cindel is pretty darn adorable. What a cutiepie. I felt so bad for her when her family died. Like talk about harsh for a lil kid. So I've often wondered...after her and Noa leave Endor, I wonder where they went and what came of them. After living a sort of...well I guess would almost be a Gilligan's Island sort of primitive life...where do they even begin now? Has there ever been a story that even bothered to touch on that?

Reaction score
Exactly, because as far as we know she has nowhere else to go, her Family just died here! So I would guess that Noa somehow tries to track down next of kin and take her to them? I mean it's not like a 55+ year old man is going to nurture a 6-8 year old girl, especially not being a space wanderer.

As I recall in the old EU she actually traveled with Noa for a spell before going on to become a journalist on Coruscant.

Reaction score
I actualy to like them and even include them into my yearly Star Wars marathon.

The only thing the bothered me, even back then when I was a child, where exactly would they fit into the timeline ?
Before ROTJ ? Why wouldnt Wicket know humans, spaceships and why didn't he speak broken basic with the rebels ?
After ROTJ ? not the slightest sign of any post-imperial tech, or any easteregg. Why did Wickets family move from the hightop-tree village to the small outside farm ?

Always loved the female version of Logray, and the axeman.
And the fact that the Blurrgs made it from back then to Mando 😊
To bad a third movie never came through

Reaction score
The Family homestead was another inconsistency that bothered me too. Unless the off screen explanation was that that was their summer cottage/retreat. My guess was that the didn't have the budget to use tree top village again, but couldn't that have just reused shots from ROTJ?

Reaction score
Well, if those movies happened before ROTJ then it's very possible that Cindel's Mother had clothes on their Star Cruiser and that is where they got the dress.

Although I get this is funny because ROTJ came before the Ewok movies. lol