ESB Candy Heads

Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I picked these up at a flea market. Every now and then I rediscover them and try to figure out more about them, however I have never seen them anywhere else. Obviously some sort of candy dispenser...does anyone know the origin of them? Is this a complete set, or are there more of them out there?

Attachments

Reaction score
They were made by topps I'm pretty sure thats all of them yes, always a few on ebay including full boxes from time to time.

They did modern ones to a good few years ago that are very very common.

Ed

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...I just saw that there was a 2-1B apparently. I imagine there would have been at least one more, since sets of 9 aren't a common occurrence...anyone know who it was?

Attachments

Reaction score
For empire there were only 9 I believe. 5 in the first assortment, then 4 in the second assortment. For rotj there were 6 though Vader was a repeat. I am unsure if there is any actual molding difference from the esb to the return vader.

Attachments

Reaction score
I had the ESB ones as a kid, these were awesome! Seeing that display to this day makes me happy inside :).

Reaction score
Pretty neat; I like the 2-1B the most. In the top pictures; the one between Vader and Fett, the reddish one with pointy ears, is that Bossk?

Reaction score
Ok, I'm an old guy so I remember these . And I still have 2, a Vader and C3PO. Ok yes these were Topps candy heads. And they were sold in a display box for 25 cents each. The candy was not bad. Like small pill shaped pez. It came out from base in back. Display box had 12 heads in it. And I believe it was made for all 3 movies. And yes I'd like to get few I'm missing too. Hope info helps.

Reaction score
It does, thanks

These remind me of the cool stuff you got off the top shelf of the ice cream trucks in the 90s. I remember Ninja Turtles like this with chewing gum, right there next to those candy cigarettes you blew into and sugar 'smoke' blew out the tip.

Reaction score
I first saw these in Tomart’s in the 90’s. I still want them. Especially the Tauntaun!