ESB 40th Anniversary Collection

GNT

Reaction score
We’ve heard rumours of a 40th Anniversary vintage line for The Empire Strikes Back, new pictures of the 1st wave have now shown up here.

Who’s excited about seeing 6” reissues on vintage cards?

Reaction score
Not too sure if I will bother with any of these other than Bespin Luke. Hopefully the updated head will look better than the previous sculpt.

Reaction score
Despite I have the full ANH wave and dont own more than 2 or 3 of these in the normal boxes, but I have zero desire besides Yoda.

But I get the nostalgia factor for some.

I'd be curious to see the full checklist and how many exclusives they'll have this time. Assuming Celebration and 1 or 2 store exclusives.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, as an opener, I am not too excited either...but we knew it was going to be like this. I'll have to see better pics of the Luke, but he is probably the only one I will get from this first wave.

Reaction score
There had better be an archive or black and red box vsn of Luke as well, as I predict he will be the one to sell the most.

He is the only one I HAVE to have. (Never got the first version.)

Reaction score
This wave is a repack heaven as the other site stated. I admit I will get the AT-AT Driver because I love that design and it was one of my favorite figures as a kid. But the rest are...boring. Why does Yoda have a lightsaber for an ESB version??

If the Yakface post is accurate, the second wave will be much better. Of those, I would get Vader, Snowtrooper and the regular Boba Fett on ESB cards.

Reaction score
As easy of a choice as Carbonite Han would be for this line, it is not the least bit surprising he's not included in this wave. Hopefully he'll be in a later wave (if there is one).

Reaction score
As easy of a choice as Carbonite Han would be for this line, it is not the least bit surprising he's not included in this wave. Hopefully he'll be in a later wave (if there is one).
Celebration exclusive? Definitely shouldnt be Luke since he's got 3 already

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The only one I care for is the redone Bespin Luke. But, it's hard to see if the new head is making it worth a rebuy. I wasn't that pushed on the new Jedi Luke figure recently and didn't buy it. So, I'm hoping that Hasbro has made a better effort at updating the Bespin Luke figure.

The rest of this output I already have.

It's a very strange set of releases...or re-releases.

Reaction score
Bespin Luke is gonna be a keeper on the card. I'm still hoping SHF will give us one someday.

If Bespin Han's head is any better than (what I considered) a really bad goofy face, then that's an opener for sure!

And if the Snowtrooper isn't covered in urine and is actually WHITE like he's supposed to be, I'll get one of those too!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with Django above. What’s with the saber with Yoda and geez would it kill them to make the snake orange / brown like it should be. At least make some attempt to make a proper nod to the original. Hopefully these are mock- ups. Thanks for posting the link. ESB is my all time favorite so I’m in for all of them either way.

Reaction score
I guess these are in hand so there not mock ups. So much for any kind of accuracy on Yoda. It would have been so easy to do. Luke looks great, thanks for posting the pic.

Reaction score
Yeah I need 'em all! Cant resist a vintage cardback : )

Definitely more excited for wave 2 though

Are there any retailer exclusives this time like R5?

Reaction score
I'm gonna open any of these that will arrive at my door. Not going to try to get them all this time. But here's hoping to acquiring an updated Bespin Luke, so he can stand at the front row :)

Reaction score
So strange they aren't doing a Photo Real update to Bespin Lando.

Anyway, put me in the line for the Bespin Luke. Wasn't collecting these when it first came out, and never wanted to pay the after-market prices with the old mediocre head. I hope they pack at least four Lukes in every case.

Reaction score
Well, it's hard to say the new Luke doesn't look better. But I'd still like to see some clearer pictures before I pull the trigger. I'll, more than likely, end up getting one though, as it's probably my favourite version of Luke Skywalker for some reason. Bespin Han is also my favourite version of Solo, which is odd because both costumes are rather bland.

Reaction score
It's going to be Snowspeeder Luke isn't it.... It's the one I really want and it'll be impossible to get. In fact if Figuarts gets around to putting theirs out, it'll probably work out cheaper to buy than a celebration exclusive.

Reaction score
Disappointed there probably won't be a TIE Fighter Pilot in the lineup. I'll likely pass on all of these; unless I come across an AT-AT Driver in the wild.

Reaction score
It makes me wonder who the con exclusive will be.
I was wondering if out of the remaining 8 that 2 could be for cons and maybe another to a store. Making wave 2 just 5 figures like wave 1 looks to be.

It's going to be Snowspeeder Luke isn't it.... It's the one I really want and it'll be impossible to get.
That is unfortunately always the way it works out :/

Reaction score
Love these 40th anniversary figures. Will buy must of them especially the imperials. Just wish we were getting the other bounty hunters besides Boba.

Reaction score
So strange they aren't doing a Photo Real update to Bespin Lando.

Anyway, put me in the line for the Bespin Luke. Wasn't collecting these when it first came out, and never wanted to pay the after-market prices with the old mediocre head. I hope they pack at least four Lukes in every case.
Lando is coming too.

Reaction score
I kind of wish that Boba Fett and Bossk hadn't been rereleased in the Archive line last year, because I'd much rather have both of them in this packaging.