Episode III Pop-Up Card

Reaction score
So I wanted to see what you guys thought of what I've been working on... this is a pop-up that is made entirely out of cut up pieces of cardstock paper and then glued together, I use a little paint and ink for the details, it also folds completely down, so it could be kept flat!

Reaction score
Neat! Very arts-and-crafts...

Your Vader is awesome in its contrast.

I know I wouldn't mind getting a hand-made SW pop-up birthday card.

You could make a b-day card with Jabba the Hutt watching Boba delivering Han in Carbonite and Boushh delivering Chewie and run a text like: "I hope you have a bountiful celebration!"

Reaction score
Thanks... I put a lot of work into it... and thanks for the suggestion!!

Reaction score
Can you post some more images from different angles?

I think it would help show how complex it is.

And did you use actual fabric on Padme's robe?

EDIT: Now I see that you cut out multiple layers for the robe...in the second picture it actually has the impression of fabric. That's really cool.

Reaction score
Sure, here's some more... let me know if you want another angle...

Reaction score
Neato!
I think the other angles help catch some of the shadows and show just how complex this piece really is.

I also think you get mad props for even making a thing like this. It's probably one of the most original ideas to come through the threads in a while...it's not a drawing (as cool as many of them are), it's not a picture of action figures (as fun as many of them are)...it's a one-of-a-kind work of art.

Reaction score
I thought I posted a reply earlier...but I don't see it anymore...so here goes again.

I like that it's a clone with a ball-jointed neck! (j/k)

And what's going to go on the outside of the card?

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool.

Have you ever thought about using bleach. DEFINITELY experiment on scrap paper first. sometimes a little brush with bleach on colored paper looks really cool. I would suggest trying that out. NOT on the piece you have done. just experiment on some scrap paper. It can create a really nice effect. Just dip the brush in bleach or you can spatter the bleach. that looks cool too.

Have you seen some of the paper art out there? There are a lot of good sites.

Reaction score
I've never tried bleach, I will now!!! That will probably look really cool, you've given me ideas!! haha, thanks!!

Reaction score
glad i could help.
Be sure to show us what you come up with. would love to see it.

Reaction score
Another thing you might want to try. You couldnt fold it but one time i bought some thin strips of balsa wood. I cut out the shapes with an exacto out of the wood strips. Then lightly sanded it. It makes the wood silky smooth and the edges rounded. when you piece it and glue it together, you have a very nice 3D image. you can draw on it, paint it etc. may want to prime the wood or something first. i just painted on mine. I had created an asajj piece but never finished it. it was all cut balsa wood.
That was a lot of fun to do. Based on your cut paper skills i think that would be fun for you. plus when its done you could displa it in a shadow box for that "finished" look.

just another thought.

p.s. you can take it a step further and build a box around it, and make a cast of it. Then you can paint the acrylic cast or do pretty much anything.
I will see if i can dig up some old pics to show you a clone wars yoda i attempted.

Reaction score
Great work, cut paper is very difficult and yours looks really amazing.
Excellent craftsmanship.

Reaction score
Oh Wow! That is amazing! I agree, great job. Now if only we could get a those Padmes into action figures...

Reaction score
Thanks saffron, I am currently working on an episode II one, going backwards for some reason... yea really wish they'd make senator padme figs!!