Episode 1 Preview Case

Reaction score
Hello All! My brother recently came into possession of a rather interesting piece of Star Wars Merch.

It is a metal case that is roughly 13" x 16" x 2". After some searching I found that this is an Episode 1 Preview Case from 1999. It was made by the media company DK, formerly Known as Dorling Kindersley. It was sent out to bookstores to create hype for the Episode 1 companion books that were being released and only 500 of the cases were made.
The stickers on either side of the combination lock read as follows:

CAUTION: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MAY 3, 1999
- Security clearance sequence available 0001 date 05.03.99
- Contact Earth-side communications module:
310.248.6101 (all languages spoken)
- Turn tumblers according to Procedure FR-457C
Seq. #0012-AB

LOCK SEQ: EARTHSIDE CALL 310.248.6101
- Lock sequence available 0001 date 05.03.99
- Initiate lock sequence available at the Earth-side Sector 1.0.2
communications module: 310.248.6101
- Complete Full Systems Inspection Prior to Restarting Sequence
Seq. #0013-AS

When I opened the case I found 3 books inside.

They are all 1st American Editions and in great shape. The sticker books are in perfect condition. . . . .

The cross-sections book has a bit of cosmetic damage on the jacket in the way of scratches on the title and crimping on the binding edge. . . .

But the inside is beautiful and undamaged. . . . . .

Now, what I'm wondering is what something like this might be worth. I've never seen anything like it and I had to DIG just to figure out what it was. I even contacted DK to see if they had any info on it and they didn't have anything on it. So now I'm reaching out to you, fellow Star Wars enthusiasts, to see what any of you might know. I know its kind of a long shot but right now its all I can think of to do.