Episode 1 General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
TPM is by far my favorite of the prequels as well, so you aren't alone.
It's good to know that I'm not alone :). I was beginning to think that I was the only person in the universe that prefers it to Episodes II and III. Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar Binks didn't grate on my nerves nearly as badly as Hayden Christensen. His performance made it almost impossible for me to watch either film. The addition of baby Boba didn't help matters, either.

Reaction score
I have been thinking back to that first wave of toys for Episode 1. Were there Cinema Scenes (e.g Tatooine Showdown) as part of Midnight Madness or did those arrive later in the year?

Reaction score
There were at least two in the initial waves. I'm fairly certain that they were out for midnight madness.

Reaction score
I have been thinking back to that first wave of toys for Episode 1. Were there Cinema Scenes (e.g Tatooine Showdown) as part of Midnight Madness or did those arrive later in the year?
I don't believe the Cinema Scenes were released until later in the summer or early fall, at least in stores near me.

Reaction score
I am not positive, but I think I remember one scene was available at madness (Mos Espa Encounter). I could be wrong though. I do know for certain that the Wattos box scene came out last.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got an important question and I hope that somebody will answer and maybe it solves my problem. Two or three weeks ago I finally bought TC-14. It arrived and when I opened the packacking, the figure had lost its arm and one leg also fell off soon. Somehow the other leg and arm can't really be moved and it looks like they are glued. But the figure was sealed and everything. I also got my money back, but I still want to know if that's normal or not.
I noticed that legs and arms from my C-3PO (TSC) somehow move in a strange way meanwhile too. Maybe the articulation from protocol droids is different from the normal figures? I hope you can help me.

I also took a picture from TC-14 so you can imagine it better and see my problem:
http://i.imgur.com/Ju5TIty.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the height of Fambaa with Shield Generator? Would like to grab it, but need to make sure it will fit in my shelf.

Reaction score
I've got an important question and I hope that somebody will answer and maybe it solves my problem. Two or three weeks ago I finally bought TC-14. It arrived and when I opened the packacking, the figure had lost its arm and one leg also fell off soon. Somehow the other leg and arm can't really be moved and it looks like they are glued. But the figure was sealed and everything. I also got my money back, but I still want to know if that's normal or not.
I noticed that legs and arms from my C-3PO (TSC) somehow move in a strange way meanwhile too. Maybe the articulation from protocol droids is different from the normal figures? I hope you can help me.

I also took a picture from TC-14 so you can imagine it better and see my problem:
http://i.imgur.com/Ju5TIty.jpg
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to respond. I don't have an open Episode 1 TC-14; the only one I have is a carded Saga Legends TC-14 that came out in the late 200X's. That being said, I would think if you opened the figure and the arm & leg fell off - and if the figure was sealed (i.e. hadn't already been opened) - then the figure was almost certainly defective.

That being said, it is true that the C3-PO figures I've had (both Vintage & Modern) do have excessively stiff joints, moreso than the other figures. This has something to do with the vac-metallized aspect of the figure.

This is one of the reasons I don't like vac-metallized figures. I know a lot prefer these when it comes to the finish re: these Droids. However, I have noticed that the joints are unusually tough to move with these figures. Also, the finish of these figures tends to come off occasionally, which is terrible. When I finally took my 1998 Death Star Droid out of the package, the finish almost immediately started to come off, and it ended up looking like crap. I strongly prefer the 12" Hasbro DS Droid, which was made of shiny plastic, not vac-metallized plastic...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for link! so case number 1 or number 4 will work.. cant see any difference between them two ?

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it was odd there was no mention of which cases will work with Episode I figures. I'd just compare with a carded example of one of the other lines mentioned and go with that.

Reaction score
I came across an episode 1 Mundy with lightsaber the outside of the card is Pink the inside where the bubble is is red wondering if there is any card color variations and if so how where are they thank you

Reaction score
NABOO STARFIGHTER QUESTION-I applied the stickers according to the packaging , for the cockpit. When I looked at the instructions they looked different. Am I okay? Will that bother a collector?

Reaction score
I came across an episode 1 Mundy with lightsaber the outside of the card is Pink the inside where the bubble is is red wondering if there is any card color variations and if so how where are they thank you
that sounds like a fading issue if the space inside the card is red. The stuff inside the card was likely protected from the light or whatever it was exposed to, while the card lightened, making the red turn pink.

Reaction score
I got the TPM C-3PO today. I ordered it off Amazon for $7. I've always looked for it but this is the first time I actually got one.

And man, it looks awesome. It's only 6 POA but still, this figure is painted and sculpted really well.

I'd love for Disney Parks to do a BAD version of this 3PO that includes his casings. So you can display without them, with them, or in the process of removing or adding them.

And I wish I had a second one to customize into a Proxy form TFU. :{D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got the TPM C-3PO today. I ordered it off Amazon for $7. I've always looked for it but this is the first time I actually got one.

And man, it looks awesome. It's only 6 POA but still, this figure is painted and sculpted really well.

I'd love for Disney Parks to do a BAD version of this 3PO that includes his casings. So you can display without them, with them, or in the process of removing or adding them.

And I wish I had a second one to customize into a Proxy form TFU. :{D
Granted it may be expensive these days, but they did actually make a Proxy figure as part of a multipack. http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcTFUset2.asp

Reaction score
Granted it may be expensive these days, but they did actually make a Proxy figure as part of a multipack. http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcTFUset2.asp
Oh cool. I forgot about those packs. I need both too. I'd rather have that Proxy then have to make one. I guess I need to search ebay and Amazon now and try to find those sets if anyone's selling.

Thanks for the links and the reminder. I really appreciate the help. :{D

Reaction score
Wow, so I picked up a lot of figures, commtech chips and a reader for $5, it was a good buy for the figures I was looking for. Now I haven't touched a commtech reader since at the latest 2000. I distinctly remember being unimpressed with them back then. And wow.. just wow, that memory was wrong. It's infinitely worse than I remember, lol. It'll be interesting to see how TLJ talking feature plays out.

Reaction score
There aren't many figures from this line that I care for but I still like the color scheme/look of the R2-B1.
I remember back when this line was in stores, R2-B1, TC-14 and Sio Bibble were the big bucks hard to find figures.

Reaction score
While going through my seemingly unending collection I found my box of Episode I figures and accessory sets. It is almost a complete set of figures (missing R2-B1, TC and maybe Sio Bibble). Everything is in good condition on original cards. I'm not sentimentally attached to it in particular. Wondering what the best way of letting it go is. Would rather not sell individually as that would take forever. Think I should post here or try an Ebay/Craigslisting?

Reaction score
i wanted to make my own thread but it isnt allowed. but was anyone else disappointed with the theed hanger playset ? the floor was so flimsy and there wasnt much to it.
also the one i owned the floor things that were supposed to move the figures around didnt really work that well.

Reaction score
While going through my seemingly unending collection I found my box of Episode I figures and accessory sets. It is almost a complete set of figures (missing R2-B1, TC and maybe Sio Bibble). Everything is in good condition on original cards. I'm not sentimentally attached to it in particular. Wondering what the best way of letting it go is. Would rather not sell individually as that would take forever. Think I should post here or try an Ebay/Craigslisting?
Still have this box of Episode 1 stuff. Think it's going to Craigslist....

Reaction score

My EP1 collection so far, most bought at the time of release in '99, the rarer from ebay and so on.

After the singles I started to move into the twin sets and have the Mos Espa cinema scene too

Reaction score

My EP1 collection so far, most bought at the time of release in '99, the rarer from ebay and so on.

After the singles I started to move into the twin sets and have the Mos Espa cinema scene too
Nice!
I'm actually a little surprised we haven't seen more to mark the 20th anniversary of Episode I.

Reaction score
Love that twin pack mate, not seen one before.

Probably one of the last run of cards before they went out of production.

Reaction score
They were an international pack-in in place of the commtech chips as they were too hard to translate into multiple languages. I’m definitely sure there’s lots of carded examples as I’m sure everyone is aware how much the episode 1 merchant was overproduced and hoarded by collectors still in their packaging.
http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1007&img=2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up two bonus battle droid packs with the slashed and dirty battle droid in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk