Episode 1 General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Discuss all random Episode 1 stuff here in the general discussion thread.

Reaction score
I looking to sell my complete Episode I collection, I've got all 3 3/4 figures and vehicles. can anyone point in the right direction for pricing?

Reaction score
I looking to sell my complete Episode I collection, I've got all 3 3/4 figures and vehicles. can anyone point in the right direction for pricing?
If packaged, figures will range from $4-$8 except for Sio Bibble, TC-14 and Padme with Ascencion gun those are a bit higher (maybe $10-$15), regular size vehicles $10-$15. Loose figures probably $3-$6. Here is the Ep I line archive ar Rebelscum, where the original retail prices are listed

Rebelscum.com: Episode I Photo Archive

Reaction score
If packaged, figures will range from $4-$8 except for Sio Bibble, TC-14 and Padme with Ascencion gun those are a bit higher (maybe $10-$15), regular size vehicles $10-$15. Loose figures probably $3-$6. Here is the Ep I line archive ar Rebelscum, where the original retail prices are listed

Rebelscum.com: Episode I Photo Archive
Thanks, everything is still in the original package and in good to near-mint condition. Plus, I have the large vehicles (Naboo Star Cruiser, Fambaa, Podracers, etc.), anyone looking to get them?

Reaction score
[h=2]
Want to buy: Pod Racers Calendar(1999-2001?)[/h]
:( Please......I'd really like to find a Pod Racers Calendar sold about 1999-2001 I think. This is the one that had all pod racers artwork/drawings on each page of a full sized calendar. NOT legos. Ebay and Amazon have come up blank. Thank you if you can help.​

Reaction score
Have you tried just Google? When I can't find stuff on either Amazon or Ebay I do that and often find a lesser known etailer that has what I'm looking for. BTW, you may get more response in the Classifieds as people are regularly posting there.

Reaction score
I remember standing outside of TRU for the midnight opening for these figures. Great times! So glad I'll have the chance to this again in 2015 for Episode VII figures and beyond.

GNT

Reaction score
I remember standing outside of TRU for the midnight opening for these figures. Great times! So glad I'll have the chance to this again in 2015 for Episode VII figures and beyond.
Hopefully, nothing is set in stone yet.

Reaction score
There's a couple of shops near me that have some Episode I stuff still on the shelves at full retail price :grin:

Saw Anakin's pod racer, a couple of Padme dolls and the preview STAP with Battle Droid.

Reaction score
Am mainly into vintage toys,collectables and anything old school-but im starting an episode 1 collection,as it was the first film at the cinema i took my 5 year old lad Sonny to last year.It also brought back memories of the hype in the mid to late 90,s and i like the look of the Ep 1 toys-kind of the last vintage lookng card bubble style before the large bubble crud from 2002 onwards:)

So hopefully,ill have a full eisode 1 collection that i am building with,and for my son.

Oh yeah-Darth Maul is still the best character of the PT.

Reaction score
Where do I go to sell my Episode I stuff? Right here, or is there a classified section that I cant find?
Thanks, Al

Reaction score
Im looking to finish off the basic collection, I have a couple of figures to find. Including the jarjar swamp

Reaction score
Am mainly into vintage toys,collectables and anything old school-but im starting an episode 1 collection,as it was the first film at the cinema i took my 5 year old lad Sonny to last year.It also brought back memories of the hype in the mid to late 90,s and i like the look of the Ep 1 toys-kind of the last vintage lookng card bubble style before the large bubble crud from 2002 onwards:)

So hopefully,ill have a full eisode 1 collection that i am building with,and for my son.

Oh yeah-Darth Maul is still the best character of the PT.
_Lee_, I'm with you. Darth Maul is the best character of the Pre Trilogy. The Darth Maul Tatooine Action fig looks the coolest IMO. And it's also tragic that he was killed off so quickly. Maul was the only saving grace of EP I and they killed him. No escape and no revenge. I said this in another post, it would have been nice to see him off Jar Jar at a minimum.

Reaction score
Hello! I found a loose electronic Naboo Royal Starship at a flea market yesterday. It had everything but NOT the box or instruction book. Anyone have a scan of the instruction book you can send me? I searched Google for a long time but I didn't find anything. Thanks!!

Reaction score
I just picked up about 30 of these, mainly because they came with Star Cases. I was considering selling them, but I've noticed some variants (error, foreign, other)-- a part of me now wants to keep the lot as it's fun seeing who's who, etc. :)

Hello! I found a loose electronic Naboo Royal Starship at a flea market yesterday. It had everything but NOT the box or instruction book. Anyone have a scan of the instruction book you can send me? I searched Google for a long time but I didn't find anything. Thanks!!
No luck on the instructions, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Reaction score
I love that ship. The MISB ones are priced way too high at the moment. Nice pickin' though. If I come across a digital scan, I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Bosski, I found the instructions on the Hasbro website. Hopefully this is what you were looking for. Not the cleanest scan though...

Search

Reaction score
I set up a little Display of the Pod Race pilots. I got the 5 pack off of Ebay for less than $15 shipped. I substituted the 3 Pack Sebulba as that is the only one I have ATm. I will get some pics taken and posted soon. I missed Mowhanic, I didnt even realize he was a pilot, I just saw oh another ree yees haha. I also need the Walmart 5 pack. Ive also misplaced my Tatooine Padame, might have to search my daughters room LOL. I somehow have 2 of the commtech readers and an unopened mystery bag, the black one with plastic creatures inside. I seen the whole set on Ebay for $10 I think.

Im sure we wont be getting the 8 unmade Podracer Pilots, so has anyone attempted to make some customs ?? I was looking at Neva Kee and the body of Watto would work, not sure on the head probably have to be home made. The Pod Race was one of my favorite parts of Episode 1. Maybe because I like to work on cars and race haha

ZX3

Reaction score
So no "recent acquisitions" for this section?
I got a MIB Fulumpaset at my local comic shop for just $14 the other day.
I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I never found any of the second wave of accessory packs at retail. The first wave was on clearance everywhere in my area. Great find, can't beat that price.

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of carded Ep. I figures at an antique store today, all marked $10 each (wishful thinking on the seller's part, heh). Even though I don't collect PT stuff, I will admit I was half tempted to pick up the Pit Droid 2-pack. They also had Bibble and ascension gun Padme, which if memory serves, were not easy to find at retail back in the day. I left them all to collect dust for another 15 years, lol.

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of carded Ep. I figures at an antique store today, all marked $10 each (wishful thinking on the seller's part, heh). Even though I don't collect PT stuff, I will admit I was half tempted to pick up the Pit Droid 2-pack. They also had Bibble and ascension gun Padme, which if memory serves, were not easy to find at retail back in the day. I left them all to collect dust for another 15 years, lol.
As much as I like EP1 toys (IMHO the line is quite underrated), $10 is overpriced for most of the figures....except for the rare ones like Sio Bibble, Hologram Emperor, etc. Those red cards peg-warmed for many years after they were first released in '99...

Reaction score
When it came to the EP1 figures, IIRC the rare ones came out in late '99/early 2000, and included:

Sio Bibble
Ascension Padme
R2-B1
TC-14

Out of the four above, I only saw R2-B1 @ retail. Had to order Bibble & Padme from the SW fan club, and never saw TC-14 on a red card.

I did eventually get TC-14, but only after the figure was re-released in the Saga Legends line years later. And, IIRC, even that SL TC-14 figure was tough to find (and is also rare these days)...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have Sio Bibble, R2-B1 & TC-14 however I'm still looking for Ascension Padme. I only have a few to go to complete my TPM figure collection.

Reaction score
Wow... no posts since last October. So if I part with all my Episode I carded figures, should I attempt to sell them, or am I better off donating them to charity? (Goodwill)

Reaction score
Truthfully, I don't think you'd get much for them at all. Donation would be nice (I'd recommend a specific kids charity, or local hospital or something rather than just the local charity shop), or - if you don't mind most figures going for a couple of £/$, go through selling them.

Reaction score
Is there any kind of value to the figures that had the bonus battle droids and pit droids? I have a few of them in my collection but looking to see where I can cut it down a bit.

Reaction score
Is there any kind of value to the figures that had the bonus battle droids and pit droids? I have a few of them in my collection but looking to see where I can cut it down a bit.
Not sure but I think they are cool as hell and I have them displayed in my collection and always get asked about them.

Reaction score
I've been feeling a bit nostalgic for the E1 hype machine lately in this relatively quiet leadup to TFA. There was just so much excitement in the air at the time and the toyline took the sculpt details and paint up a level or two from what we had seen before (whereas the rumors for the TFA toyline have it taking the line back one or more levels...). I still remember buying the Tatooine Padme at Celebration Denver (my first TPM figure) and being blown away by the dry-brushing and multiple layers of paint. I still think that figure holds up well in sculpt and paint detail even though the articulation leaves a bit to the imagination.

Reaction score
I've been feeling a bit nostalgic for the E1 hype machine lately in this relatively quiet leadup to TFA. There was just so much excitement in the air at the time and the toyline took the sculpt details and paint up a level or two from what we had seen before (whereas the rumors for the TFA toyline have it taking the line back one or more levels...). I still remember buying the Tatooine Padme at Celebration Denver (my first TPM figure) and being blown away by the dry-brushing and multiple layers of paint. I still think that figure holds up well in sculpt and paint detail even though the articulation leaves a bit to the imagination.

I've been feeling pretty much the same way, but mostly due to the approaching anniversary of the Episode 1 midnight madness. Of the three that I attended, it was by far the most enjoyable and as you mentioned, the advances in the sculpting and paint applications on the figures was amazing. The majority of the Episode II and III figures did not have the same impact, with the Episode II figures being hampered by statuesque poses or action features and the Episode III figures still suffering from action figures and overall cheaper looking figures. Many of the Episode I figures still hold up nicely, despite having limited articulation, whereas many of the Episode II and III figures have been remade countless times. I freely admit that my fondness for the Episode I figures is due in no small part to my preference of Episode I over the other two films in the prequel trilogy. I know I'm in the majority, but it still feels the most "Star Wars" of the prequels.