ephant mon

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon

Thanks for posting the pic. from the ROTJ storybook - I had forgotten about that. One of my favorite scenes from the film was when Jabba and his retinue surprise Leia/Boushh as she's freeing Han from the carbon freeze.

I was also one of those fans who was aware of both Ephont Mon & Hermi Odle back in the '80's (though I can't remember if I knew them by those names at the time). They were definitely two of the larger & more repulsive-looking aliens in Jabba's palace, and as such I always felt they would make great figures. The fact that now both have been made as figures is a testament to the longevity & popularity of the SW franchise.

Reaction score

Some pics from the awesome hardcover book Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects, published in 1986:

Some photos of my Ephant Mon figure with the 2007 Salacious Crumb figure:

Reaction score

Those are great pics Bigbarada, this guy is definitely one of my all-time faves. He was never seen in the wild by me when he came out, I picked up several later but he was a little costly. Worth it, but he was one figure I remember hearing stories of feast or famine in terms of availability. There's some photos in another thread of 32 pegs FULL of Ephant Mon, I couldn't imagine seeing that kind of stock especially since he was so impossible to locate for me.

Reaction score

I saw a grand total of 4 in stores between Christmas Eve 2002 and early 2003. There was one at K-Mart for several months but it had a major painting flaw - one half of his face had the grey paint wash on it, but the other half was completely clean with just his eyes painted. I probably should have picked it up as a novelty item, it'd probably still be worth $5 to somebody today.

Of course, it's kind of hard to believe that a figure like this only cost $5; but then Hasbro did admit to losing money on the figure (which is probably why we've never seen him rereleased).