ephant mon

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon

legendarywolf said:
Lennysweet said:
It wasnt much fun cutting a hole in a star case to fit the figure but it was well worth it. I actually has to buy a second one because the first one was so heavy it damaged the hook hanging on my wall. As far as I know its the biggest bubble ever used on a basic carded figure.
I used a simpsons sesries 3 star case, cause it was big enough to hold the figure, but also was left with extra room on both sides inside the case.
That's awesome. I know a lot of MOC collectors still scratching their heads on how to protect this guy.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
legendarywolf said:
Lennysweet said:
It wasnt much fun cutting a hole in a star case to fit the figure but it was well worth it. I actually has to buy a second one because the first one was so heavy it damaged the hook hanging on my wall. As far as I know its the biggest bubble ever used on a basic carded figure.
I used a simpsons sesries 3 star case, cause it was big enough to hold the figure, but also was left with extra room on both sides inside the case.
That's awesome. I know a lot of MOC collectors still scratching their heads on how to protect this guy.
When I had one, I too protected it by cutting a hole in a Star Case and then used another Star Case - sort of a super star case. Then I traded it

Reaction score

Ephant Mon will always be one of the best Star Wars figures ever made.

He is on permanent display in my collection!

Reaction score

I never saw one at B&M retail. I ended up buying one in the secondary market for about $12 a few years back. I'd like to keep one carded, so I might buy one loose. It's a shame I don't have an opener already.

Reaction score

I picked up one on a mint card at a con a few years back for $15. I never opened it and looks incredible. If I could ever find one for that price again, I'd get it in a heartbeat to open.

Reaction score

Zukuss__da_Gand said:
I picked up one on a mint card at a con a few years back for $15. I never opened it and looks incredible. If I could ever find one for that price again, I'd get it in a heartbeat to open.
Check the classifieds here on Rebelscum every day for 2 weeks, I'm sure you'll find one. I paid around $9 I think for mine, maybe $8. Better yet, start a thread that says WTB Ephant Mon, $15 shipped. I'm sure you'll get some bites.

Reaction score

That neck articulation (which I did not know about until I saw that pic) makes me want him even more....

Reaction score

I have a Ephant Mon that I would sell for $15.00 shipped Parcel Post in US only. Card & Bubble not mint due to size, But never opened.

PM me if interested
I take paypal & Money Orders

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon prototype

Cool proto. hard to see but is it lacking pegholes AND copyrights or just pegholes? I'd like to get an EM proto to add to the collection one day.

Reaction score

no pegholes or copyrights, must be an early test shot, the tail is curved to the opposite side as the production one.

Reaction score

That's really awesome. I've been thinking about getting into this end of collecting for some time, and if I did, it would be characters like this that I would want to get.

Reaction score
Ephant Mon

Just thought there needed to be a thread to acknowledge this figure's awesomeness. Anyone have any stories about first coming across this figure, shocked at how incredibly huge he was, or the fact that he was made at all?

He probably wouldn't've been made if it wasn't for the Fan Poll. I actually forget how that poll was organized, because I completely missed out on it. I discovered this figure later than most people, but I am still in awe of it. It's truly a significant milestone for modern Star Wars basic figures.

Reaction score

trevagg said:
Just thought there needed to be a thread to acknowledge this figure's awesomeness. Anyone have any stories about first coming across this figure, shocked at how incredibly huge he was, or the fact that he was made at all?

He probably wouldn't've been made if it wasn't for the Fan Poll. I actually forget how that poll was organized, because I completely missed out on it. I discovered this figure later than most people, but I am still in awe of it. It's truly a significant milestone for modern Star Wars basic figures.
I saw it on a shelf at a friend of mine's house several years ago. He's been a big collector for some time, and my jaw dropped. I had no idea they'd made such a thing, and didn't think it was a figure. Thought it was more of a statue kinda deal. I was thoroughly impressed. One of these days I'm gonna nab me one.

Reaction score

I got him the year he came out as a birthday gift. Fantastic figure. I really love having him in my jabba diorama. My absolute fervor for the figure has worn off in the past few years (I'm over it) but I still acknowledge its greatness

Reaction score

I consider this figure a hallmark of the Star Wars action figure collection. He will always have a prominent place on display on my desk. Other figures will come and go, but Ephant Mon is truly one of my favorite collectibles, even all these years later.

Reaction score

I was lucky enough to be walking in one of my old haunts(Long gone
) on a toy run and they were just putting the Mon on the peg. I grabbed it with both hands and went straight to the check out
. After buying that I looked at the rest of the stuff. Ahh, Good times

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
I consider this figure a hallmark of the Star Wars action figure collection. He will always have a prominent place on display on my desk. Other figures will come and go, but Ephant Mon is truly one of my favorite collectibles, even all these years later.
I totally agree!

One of these best to date!

I found my 1st 2 at a K-mart back in the day. I called every place I could think of. I found a store that was about 20 miles from me. I talked to someone in the toy section that was willing to help me. I asked if they had any and they put me on hold and looked. They came back and said yes they had 2! They held them and surprisingly enough they were there when I got to the store. AWESOME!

Reaction score

Snagged my two at two different K-Marts. I actually wasn't looking to collect Ephant Mon but while I was doing a toy run around town I found him on a peg and was amazed at it's size and sculpt. I just had to have him. Amazingly his card was near mint. I found my other Ephant out-of-town on another toy run - again at K-Mart. Those were the only times I ever saw him on the shelves.

Reaction score

Does anyone remember cheapnewactionfiguresonline.com? Back in the day that's where I got my first Ephant Mon, as part of a case. The second figure in the case went to another 'scummer.

Soon thereafter, Target was having a 2/$5 sale and I was lucky enough to see two more, one of which I kept while the other went to another 'scummer.

Dom

Reaction score

This guy was brilliant, its just a shame Hermie didn`t turn out as well IMO.

Reaction score

All of my Ephant Mons I bought were at KB toys. Amazing figure.

Reaction score

I got this figure for $15 at a convention back in 2004, I think. I still have it carded...It's hardly worth that now. I just looked on eBay and somebody sold a lot of 2 for only $10! I think I might just crack it open someday.

Reaction score

Sadly I don't remember too well when I found that figure. My girlfriend at the time, per my request, drove me to Walmart after we had left the bar one night. I was hammered beyond comprehension but still managed to sigle out a sole Ephant Mon while in my state of stupor. I really didn't get to revel in my find until the next morning.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
Sadly I don't remember too well when I found that figure. My girlfriend at the time, per my request, drove me to Walmart after we had left the bar one night. I was hammered beyond comprehension but still managed to sigle out a sole Ephant Mon while in my state of stupor. I really didn't get to revel in my find until the next morning.
That is an awesome Ephant Mon story. Picking up the figure while drunk? Priceless. Nothing, not even booze, will get in the way of a Star Wars collector and an Ephant.

Dom

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
LOL cool story. Can imagine its got to be pretty cool to wake up wondering WTF happened last night and find new action figures next to you.

Reaction score

i love this figure so much. but am i the only one that cannot get him to stand up for the life of me?

Reaction score

Never found him in the wild actually, depsite having nearly the whole blue carded Saga seriess (worked at WM summer of '02), and haven't poined up for the small premium he gets on ebay.

Reaction score

E_CHU_TA said:
i love this figure so much. but am i the only one that cannot get him to stand up for the life of me?
he's a bear to get to stand, but it is possible, mine really does use his cane

Reaction score

I totally agree, ol' Ephant Mon really rocks. Superb sculpt, and since I'm a sucker for background aliens from the OT he's definitely one of my favorite figures. As a kid back in the '80's I always wanted this guy after seeing ROTJ, though I also knew he was one of those characters that would probably never be made as a figure given his size and obscurity.

Anyway, I clearly remember finding this guy at a Target in late 2002, and I knew I was lucky to get this - this was the only time I ever saw this figure anywhere.

Reaction score

This is a great figure. I was never able to find one in the wild either, but I have gotten one since then. I should get a 2nd just becuase it is a great figure, but for the prices he is commanding on ebay, I will he happy with the one we have.

This is truly an amazing figure, and as of right now, the ONLY Saga 1 collection figure that I display right now.

Reaction score

When this figure came out, I went to my local Target and sure enough 2 were on the shelf....didn't get them and still kicking myself for it. Awesome figure indeed.

Reaction score

This one was easily available when it first came out, at the store I frequented. I didn't care for it at the time, but now that I actually have Jabba's Palace stuff, I wish I had it.

Reaction score

I love this figure!
I wanted a figure of him since 1983 and, when I first learned that Star Wars was making a return in 1995, I always hoped that we might actually see an Ephant Mon figure someday.

I remember there being a bit of controversy over the results of the fan choice poll. IIRC, Hasbro discovered that someone was stuffing the ballot box for the Twilek Masseuse and had to clean out a bunch of fraudulent votes just before the end of the poll. I remember following that really closely in 2001, because I was worried that Ephant Mon was going to be robbed of his one chance to be made into an action figure. This was before we knew that the mere inclusion in the fan choice poll meant that the figure was likely to come out within the next few years anyway (R1-G4 was one of the other candidates that year, I don't remember the others). Although, Hasbro has never made or even hinted at plans to make a Twilek Masseuse since 2001.

In case you are wondering how I could have possibly known about Ephant Mon as far back as 1983, he was pretty easy to spot if you owned the Return of the Jedi storybook, published just before ROTJ was released:

The only reason I mention this is because, back in 2001-2002, I was shocked to learn how many lifelong Star Wars fans never even knew Ephant Mon existed until he showed up in the fan choice poll. In fact, I specifically remember arguing with one guy who insisted that he was an SE addition to ANH and wasn't ever in ROTJ.

Reaction score

i havent seen the book, thats a cool picture.

no memory at all of a twilek masseuse, assume its prequel?