ephant mon

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon balance problems?

I put mine on one of the figure stands that came with the imperial forces multi-packs from TRU. He's up and balanced just fine.

Reaction score

Captain_Needa said:
It all depends on the collector, Some would agree that it could lower the conditional value, as over the years the putty would crust and become kinda soiled in the plastic, however some other collectors dont really care and would use putty to hold him up so they can enjoy the view of their action figures!

Its all up to the collector.

me- Im a picky guy I dont even open my action figures! LOL so im not one to speak actually.
I didn't mean stuff that actually sticks to him permanantly. I meant like silly putty or tac or something. I fiddled with him after reading this thread as mine has no standing problems. If you turn the tail he can rest on it and stand fine with or without the cane.

Reaction score

I think maybe it depends on the toy you get.....
maybe

Reaction score

My Ephant Mon stands just fine. I never noticed any problems with it.

Reaction score

I have sorted it.

I know some of you recommended using his tail for balance but I wasn't sure exactly how you meant.

However, I have wrapped the tail around the front of his right leg and he stands perfectly upright.

I recommend those who are also having problems to try this.

Reaction score

I can only get mine to stand up if his cane is in his left hand out in front of him so he can lean on it. Otherwise, he just falls--no matter what position his legs or tail are in.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon Star Case

It's definitely not the Star Case 1 or 2 because I've tried and he does not fit. It almost looks like the Protech case for the McFarlane Sports Pick Exclusives which are placed in smaller bubbles. I'll have to check mine and I can know for sure.

Reaction score

If you look closely, you'll see that it's just a Star Case 2 with a hole cut in the front for the bubble to hang out. I did the same thing, and it works quite well.

Reaction score

MisterKenobi said:
If you look closely, you'll see that it's just a Star Case 2 with a hole cut in the front for the bubble to hang out. I did the same thing, and it works quite well.

How far does the figure stick outside the bubble? I was starting to thing maybe the Star Case from the C3 Vader might fit but I haven't tried it.

Reaction score

It looks more like a protecto pak with a hole cut in it. I actually prefer the protecto paks over the star case because they are better quality and they are better priced.

Reaction score

Yeah, but acryllic is expensive, hard to clean, and you can't hang it on a wall like SCs and such. Plus, Ephant Mon is definitely not valueable enough for acryllic.

Reaction score
Ephant Mon Star Case?

Did anyone ever make a plastic case that would fit a carded Ephant Mon?

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon Star Case?

I never have seen one. I took the deep star case and reversed the back,which added some room and taped them together, that worked for me.

Reaction score

I saw a pic a while back where someone cut out the front so that the card was protected and the bubble just stuck out a little bit where it was cut out. I like the idea mentioned above and should give that a try tonight.

Reaction score

i cut the front out it worked fine and maybe tape a large case on the front to cover the front plastic

Reaction score
Re: Ephant Mon

I was aware of it. I always got a chuckle out of how he looked with his head completely turned upside down.
Yeah, I know. I amuse easily.

Reaction score

Neal said:
I was aware of it. I always got a chuckle out of how he looked with his head completely turned upside down.
Yeah, I know. I amuse easily.
I turned it upside down after found out. I still can't believe it's been this long and I didn't know.

Reaction score

Wow, you guys REALLY need to just break down and play with your toys. Seriously, now.

Just giving you a hard time. The first thing I do when I open a figure is test out every joint of articulation to the fullest.

Ya gotta know the limits to which you can push your figures!

Reaction score

sambuca said:
Wow, you guys REALLY need to just break down and play with your toys. Seriously, now.

Just giving you a hard time. The first thing I do when I open a figure is test out every joint of articulation to the fullest.

It's funny, I don't interact with my toys enough as well. I knew about the Ephant Mon thing, but it took me two years before I realized that the hologram Death Star from the Geonosian War room pack fit into Wat Tambor's base accessory.

Reaction score

Yep, there is another little-known figure fact. It took me about 2 months after the release of those that I realized the Death Star holo fit in that slot. Wonderful accessory crossover utilization!!!!!

I wish they would do more stuff like that, I guess this year's R2 and SBD is similar, but they straight-up tell us about it on the packaging.

Reaction score

sambuca said:

Yeah, but you don't want to find those limits by crossing them. I recently broke the head off my POTF Momaw Nadon, and I knew he had a joint. It just didn't want to move, and I kept pushing it...

It never even occurred to me that Ephant would have a neck joint.
They already gave him a mouth on top of arms, wrists, legs and a tail. And they probably already had a conniption over the tooling costs for the big bugger. I sure never expected "SA" on big lump like this guy. Anyway, what's more surprising to me than missing it myself is that I've never seen pics of it anywhere, until today. I would think RS would've let us know!

Reaction score

I found my two Ephant Mon figures retail at a KB Toy outlet in Laughlin Nevada when I was there for vacation. I was shocked to find two of them just sitting on the pegs.

Reaction score

JediKnight87 said:
I found my two Ephant Mon figures retail at a KB Toy outlet in Laughlin Nevada when I was there for vacation. I was shocked to find two of them just sitting on the pegs.
that's crazy, i've still never seen one, nor do i no anyone that has one, not even in the secondary market other than ebay

Reaction score

I have 4 extra to sell. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.

Reaction score

They're not all that rare. If you go to the classifieds thread you should be able to get one for about 10 bucks. I think I paid 8 minus shipping for mine. For the fact that the Saga years were the years in which many of the figures has rediculous poses and facial expressions, Ephant Mon is surprisingly well done and eclipses the standard set by hasbro to pretty much take the crown as the coolest and best executed alien in the entire history of Star Wars toys. Needless to say, I'm really happy with mine.

Reaction score

Yes, I was aware of his head and waist. I found out about that five minutes after I opened him. I usually spend a couple of minutes admiring and moving the joints of the figures I get. Then I spend a couple more minutes posing them, examining the weapons or whatever they came with, and figuring out where to put them.

Reaction score

Ephantmon0 said:
Yes, I was aware of his head and waist. I found out about that five minutes after I opened him. I usually spend a couple of minutes admiring and moving the joints of the figures I get. Then I spend a couple more minutes posing them, examining the weapons or whatever they came with, and figuring out where to put them.
Those are beautiful statements. Lately I have been churning through figures and throwing them up on display. You have inspired me to smell the roses again.

Reaction score

I never saw this figure at retail here at all.
I ended up grabbing three off eBay: one to open, one to keep carded and the third was a gift for TRJ.

Reaction score

It wasnt much fun cutting a hole in a star case to fit the figure but it was well worth it. I actually has to buy a second one because the first one was so heavy it damaged the hook hanging on my wall. As far as I know its the biggest bubble ever used on a basic carded figure.

Reaction score

Lennysweet said:
It wasnt much fun cutting a hole in a star case to fit the figure but it was well worth it. I actually has to buy a second one because the first one was so heavy it damaged the hook hanging on my wall. As far as I know its the biggest bubble ever used on a basic carded figure.
I used a simpsons sesries 3 star case, cause it was big enough to hold the figure, but also was left with extra room on both sides inside the case.