ephant mon

Reaction score
Nice and big Ephant Mon pic!

The cleanes pic of Ephant Mon yet

Now I really want to get two of them, one to keep carded, and one for my diorama of Jabba's palace. Man too bad we still don;t have the main man...uhhh slug..better yet.....ganster?

Reaction score
Re: Nice and big Ephant Mon pic!

Thanks LJ! It's nice to see a new quality pic of Mr.Mon. I think he just might be my most anticipated SW figure ever!

Reaction score

I didn't know Ephant Mon had a tail.
Anyway, that's a great pic! Thanks Lady Jaye!

Look at his jaw. Is it just me, or does it look like it opens and closes? Or am I just delusional from 4 hours of sleep?

Reaction score

Originally posted by JediPadawan:

Look at his jaw. Is it just me, or does it look like it opens and closes? Or am I just delusional from 4 hours of sleep?
<font size="2" face="arial">That is not a tail it is his knife

G

Could someone tell me why this fgure is so anticipated and well thought of? It looks like a big lump of plastic to me.

Reaction score

Originally posted by micsn peep:
Could someone tell me why this fgure is so anticipated and well thought of? It looks like a big lump of plastic to me.

<font size="2" face="arial">Because large, ugly dope *** aliens are cool that's why

Does anyone have a pic with Ephant next to another alien in Jabbas palace to get a sense of scale. I would like to see how this fig compares and if its accurate.

Reaction score

Originally posted by OCB:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by JediPadawan:

<font size="2" face="arial">That is not a tail it is his knife
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Oh. I need more sleep!

Reaction score

That's just damn cool. I may have to relieve him of those nasty plastic robes and make something nifty and pliable in soft goods, though. Why do I like him? He's a big, ugly alien I never thought would be made! Isn't that enough?

Oh, and that is his tail. Hasbro's blueprints do, indeed, indicate that Ephant is in possession of a caudal appendage.

[ 07-24-2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Beedo ]

G

I agree with all of you. The Mon is dope a ss!

G

Originally posted by Mikey D:

Does anyone have a pic with Ephant next to another alien in Jabbas palace to get a sense of scale. I would like to see how this fig compares and if its accurate.
<font size="2" face="arial">All I know is that the figure´s taller than Bespin Capture Chewy.

GNT

Reaction score

I like his movable mouth,sweet

Reaction score

How can you not like this figure? For anyone that fell in love with the OT, or for anyone that became mesmerized by the aliens in the Cantina or the aliens in Jabba's Palace, then this figure is a must. I would rather have more background aliens than the what ever you call it Fan Choice 4 figure that's coming out. At least Ephant Mon was in the movie. More background aliens!!!

Kudos to Hasbro for the moveable mouth. Top knotch work, top knotch!

Now all we need is JABBA himself to complete the scene. Well plus another Bib Fortuna, we really need a resculpt of him over a Greedo! And any and all Palace aliens that Hasbro can make.

I can't wait to open this guy and put him in with the rest of the gang! Especailly if Sliver is right, and he is bigger than Mechanic Chewy!!!!!!!!!

G

I think I'll go buy a cat before I consider this one

Reaction score

I wonder if Ephant Mon will be short-packed, perhaps even 1 per case since it apparently is so big.

Hermi Odle looks like a bleeding turd.

Reaction score

For me, that is one of the worst Star Wars figures I have ever seen. Technically, it is probably well sculpted, articulated, whatever, but it is a total monstrosity.

I generally like figures of alien scum, but I can't figure out why anyone would want a figure of that.

Rob

Reaction score

Ever since Amanaman came into being I wished for Ephant. That wish was granted thanks to some last minute heroics by the folks at Hasbro. Now the tops of my Jabba's palace wishlist is the equally disgusting Hermi Odle...

[ 07-25-2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: OCB ]

Reaction score

Originally posted by Lady Jaye:
[QB]
plus another Bib Fortuna, we really need a resculpt of him over a Greedo!
QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">I would drink an entire 20oz bottle of Vanilla Coke to get a new Bib Fortuna! The original one has it's own charm, but it's just, well...that poncho thing stinks. Vinty version is still my favorite. Too bad they never made a Vinty Ephant Mon, he'd look great in the old Kenner style.

Reaction score

"Hermi Odle looks like a bleeding turd"

How...

Well, I can't even comment on that.

But it's pretty accurate... I dig him though. I'd take a Hermi the apple eater any day. I'd like him more than Ephant actually.

GNT

Reaction score

Originally posted by Lady Jaye:
How can you not like this figure? For anyone that fell in love with the OT, or for anyone that became mesmerized by the aliens in the Cantina or the aliens in Jabba's Palace, then this figure is a must. I would rather have more background aliens than the what ever you call it Fan Choice 4 figure that's coming out. At least Ephant Mon was in the movie. More background aliens!!!
<font size="2" face="arial">Not everybody has to like a 3 second background character just like you don't like a concept Stormtrooper figure

Reaction score

"How can you not like this figure? "

As I said, because it is a monstrosity.

For me its a shameful waste of plastic and sculpting time, when anyone of several dozen better things could have been made.

Obviously that is my opinion and I realise the fact some of you may think it is great.

Rob

Reaction score

Originally posted by Robilus:
As I said, because it is a monstrosity.
<font size="2" face="arial">I am am going to have to differ with your opinion of Ephant Mon, because compared to Hermi Oodle, Ephant Mon is as cuddly as a teddy bear!

For me its a shameful waste of plastic and sculpting time, when anyone of several dozen better things could have been made.
<font size="2" face="arial">Like What?

Obviously that is my opinion and I realise the fact some of you may think it is great.
Rob
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes everyone is entiltled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they may be.

Just having a lil fun with ya!

[ 07-26-2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jaye ]

Reaction score

Thanks for the pic LJ. I'm really looking forward to Ephant myself. I would much rather see more aliens and background characters than another resculpt of the same figures.

Ty

Reaction score

I think Ephant Mon is going to have a completely hollow torso, which will make the figure still really big, but not as "big" as we all think. I guess we'll see

Hermi, definitely. That guy can never get a break

Reaction score

"I am am going to have to differ with your opinion of Ephant Mon, because compared to Hermi Oodle, Ephant Mon is as cuddly as a teddy bear!"

Compared to hermi oddle, most things are.

"Like What?"

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight. A decent rebel soldier from any film in the OT. Any of the rebel generals. Any of the dozens of Jedi Knights in AOTC who haven't been done yet. Loads of AOTC background characters from the coruscant nightclub and dexters diner. Background caracters from TPM like Sebulbas twi'lek masseuses. I could go on.

Rob

Reaction score

Originally posted by Beedo:
Proof that at least one person who works for LucasFilm was also a big palaeontology freak:

PLATYBELODON

TWO MORE PLATYBELODONS

PREHISTORIC ELEPHANTS

Just thought I'd share this fun bit of trivia with you. I've been trying to figure out where to divulge it, and this seems as good a place as any!
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for the links, Beedo! That's actually some pretty cool stuff. I think I'll have to agree with you!

Reaction score

Oh, yeah, over on THIS THREAD, it was mentioned that on the Official Site, the reek was said to be originally based on Placerias, a Triassic lystrosaur. Need I say more?

Reaction score

Boy I can't wait for this sucker!!!!!
Finally a OT fig to put in the mix!

Reaction score

So when is this awesome figure supposed to be out?

BTW, we need an Ephant Mon icon!

Oh and for those that have seen the figure in person, is he solid plastic, or is it hollowed out like someone said!

G

how rare would you say ephant mon is on a scale of 1-10 10 being the rarest?
also, is it really worth all the hype it gets value wise?

Reaction score
Well it is 99% impossible to find at retail, and hard to find online for a decent price. I got mine from newforcecomics which was a great deal.

Anyway, this is one of the few figures that I would be willing to overpay for if I didn't already have one. I've seen people pay $10, $15, even $20 for new figures, and for the most part I think that is a waste of money. But if you are to overpay for a figure, Ephant Mon is definitely the one to overpay for.

I'm drunk at a great Halloween party dressed up as Podracer Anakin, but I still know what I'm talking about!

Reaction score
I think, or at least I hope
it's too early to tell. I know he will be very popular
. But on the other hand, I can still find the Ellors Madak and Amanaman in stores

THj

Reaction score
Which could be exactly why we see very little of Ephant Mon(if that is the case). The retailers won't be so quick to over-stock this figure like with the last two fan's choice picks.

THj

Reaction score
Since it's not a tail-ender, I have to rate it a 1. There are only a couple of rare figures so far. The collector base is shrinking even though this is the true golden age of Star Wars toys. WE will go nuts for this figure but, it will warm the pegs. He's no Yoda baby!

G

hey you guys think i should trade my ephant mon for some other figs i need???? i mean is it worth it? im wondering if ephant mon will ever end up as a peg warmer.........
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
I'll add my 2 cdents. I was at kaybees this morning and they had 8 brand new boxes of the new figure assortments. Out of the eight boxes, only one box had 2 ephant mon in it. Because ephant mon is so big, he takes the space of 4 normal sized figs in a box. I think this could really determine how many are shipped. I think less of him will be shipped simply for the fact he is so big and not as many can fit in a box.

G

In some cases there is only 1 Ephant Mon and in other cases there is 2. It just depends. I know the TRU here in towson has not yet recieved any because I have someone on the lookout for me. The figure has the weigh at least .5 lbs. It is a very decent fig. There was on at the Baltimore Comic-con over the weekend for $30. I decided to pass up that offer!!

Reaction score
Ephant mon will be another Duros. I have this feeling he will also be another repack into future cases.

G

I don't think these will be hard to find in a month or so. I don't think past Fan's Choice pegwarmers will affect retailer orders. I doubt most know it is a Fan's Choice at all, much less that the past ones have been over-ordered.