Emperor's Throne Room WIP and completed pics!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Re: Emperor\'s Throne Room WIP (6/20)

It's not worth losing your job over, Chew
. Last update before completion pics, I think. The starfield is nothing more than a flat black posterboard with tiny holes punched through with a needle. They are illuminated because ther is a window behind it.

Reaction score

"Gooood.....gooood! The dark side is stroooong in you!

Will you add lighting? Little blue LED lights for the bottom to add to the feel of this location? Amazing sculpting jobs!

Reaction score

My god, Daigo-Bah! This has been quite the project. The level of detail and dead-on accuracy is inspiring to me. I'm so jealous of your work with the viewscreen, it really makes me want to go back and redo my Death Star's screens. Just absolutely beautiful work, and I can't wait to see how your computer consoles come together to finish it off.

Reaction score
Emperor\'s Throne Room WIP (6/20)

I almost feel like offering him a outragous sum for it...

Reaction score

<font color="brown">Totally Awesome Greg !!!

I wish you could have made it out of wood.(but of coarse I wish everything was made outa Wood) !!!

It would last beyond our years and you wouldn't hafta worry about damaging it when dusting !!!!

Keep up the Good Work my friend !!!

Rodger</font>

Reaction score

This is one of the best dio's out there! Nice work man, love the way the light comes thru the space background!
So when are you shipping this to my house?

Reaction score

Completely excellent jo, Daigo-Bah. I can't believe the immense detail. That starfield is something to be proud of. Is their a piece of tracing paper or other thin paper to distill the light coming through the star holes? That might be best when on display.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Thanks Prof- the time of day that I take pics really makes a difference on how much light gets through too. This batch is also a little bright- I'm going to try and take some later in the evening. Well, it's done- always a good feeling! Thanks everybody for the great comments!

Reaction score

All your hard work has payed off. This is a stunning masterpiece and, perhaps, the best thing I've seen posted on this board in my past few years here.

All the acclaim coming your way is justly deserved.

Reaction score

Congratulations! Simply stunning work Diago_Bah.What i want to know is;How pleased are you with this masterpiece? Is it everything you wanted it to be? For us mere mortals, it's hard to see how it could've turned out any better.

Reaction score

wow that is great man nice jod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Magnificent. Flawless. Inspiring. Overwhelmingly beautiful.

Also prone to inducing jealousy, covetousness, and dark dark plans to find it and make it my own, to take it by force if necessary.

How often can one say they've created a work of pure art like this which brings out both the best and the worst in the viewer?

Alex

Reaction score

holy cow, this is about the same quality as mike beaulieu's dio jabba's palace !!

the details are amazing, one of the top SW dios

congrats man

Reaction score

awesome job easily one of the best ive seen. keep up the awesome work.

Reaction score

Oh, WOW! It's great to see the final product! Way to go, Daigo-Bah!

What's next?

Reaction score

whats the chair from that the empeoros sitting in?

Reaction score

It's from the POTF II Final Duel Cinema Scene. One question, are you going to add the catwalk and those turrents?

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Everyone's kind comments overwhelm me
. Just to answer a few questions: I am almost completely pleased with the end result, the only thing that bothers me is when I have to compromise due to funds or inability to find the pieces I need. For example, the duty station bottoms underneath the platform are supposed to hang rather than go all the way to the floor, but it was so heavy that I didn't want to break off any foamcore. Someone asked about the catwalk; I thought about it but it would possibly obscure some of the dio where I would have to put it, not to mention that I'd probably have to make the side windows, and that was too difficult, and the dio is already deeper than I can handle! Next I'm going to do a couple 12" customs I've been waiting on, then I think I'll finally get to Jabba's throne room (I'm probably the last person to do that one!). There are so many that are great, mine will be a little less than accurate dimensions due to shelf size, but I hope to get the details in there. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to look and leave comments!

Edit: few more pics:

Reaction score

Absolutely Fantastic! A sheer joy to behold Daigo-Bah!

Reaction score

I think that is one of the (if not the) best diorama I have seen to date. Amazing work, you should be proud of it mate.

Reaction score

I'm surprised you haven't kidnapped the actors, put them in costume, shrunken them to 3.75 inches, and replaced those figures with them. Your effort definitely shines through in this. It's insanely good.

Reaction score

Stunning to say the least!
E>

Reaction score

Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see what you come up with for Jabba's throne room! I hope you're getting your pictures on other sites too like Niubniub's. More people need to see this work of art! Great job!

Mike

GNT

Reaction score

Impressive! Most impressive.

Reaction score

Damn, words can’t describe the quality of what you crafted… I wish I had your skills…

Reaction score

Bumping this back up because of its loss during Hurricane Katrina. Just giving it one more moment of glory.

Luckily Daigo and his family survived the Hurricane. Our best hopes and thoughts are with them, Darth Ennis, and the rest of the Scummers and victims of Hurricane Katrina during this difficult time.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Thanks Wingnut. One thing I posted over in the other thread is that I will be able to salvage this a bit quicker than I thought. The floor is too warped, as is the back wall and upper platform, but the side walls, stairs, middle platform, and duty stations are fine. The hardest things to do were the side walls, which somehow did not warp, and the window, which is made of foamies and warped a little, but I should be able to save most of it. The hardest thing for me is living out of our house for a few months while floors and electrical are replaced, etc., but my neighborhood doesn't have power yet anyway. You guys should see how many thick trees ended up through people's houses- from where I am as far as 60 miles west in some Baton Rouge neighborhoods. How my incredibly tall pine trees didn't fall is beyond me!

Reaction score

Well, I'm glad that this thing is salvageable for you. And I love your foamcore technique - but have you ever considered using styrene?

Reaction score

Thanks for making me crap my pants! LOL! That is some AMAZING work you've done there! I can't believe how much detail was put into that. GREAT WORK!

Reaction score

Amazing work which just makes me feel like my collecing habit is so uninspired! Thanks for sharing.

Can someone tell me what Emperor & Throne (chair) that is and what collection it's from? Sorry if I missed it if someone mentioned it earlier. I don't remember that release.

Reaction score

Great Jumping Jehosifats!!! your diorama is an absolute classic!

Occasionally, items pop up that are pure genius, and this is one of those times...

The attention to detail, the precision of the work is mind boggling...you have such an amazing skill set. I absolutely love what you've done!