Emperor's Shadow Guard - Force Unleashed - #14

Reaction score
Re: Shadow Guard - Wave 9:

Just got my wave 2 case in this morning and I really liek this figure. I need a couple more and I'll be good on this figure!
smile.gif

Reaction score

Could someone who has this guy please post a picture of what's under his robes?

Reaction score

Hail_Lord_Helmet said:
Just got my wave 2 case in this morning and I really liek this figure. I need a couple more and I'll be good on this figure!
smile.gif

Yeah, my GF pre-ordered the internet only case of this wave. that way I get 2 of each trooper (including the K-Trooper), and 2 of the Guards. I just have to wait a little longer to get them.

Reaction score

Yeah thats wave 2 Rev 2. I saw it at EE, but New Force didn't get that revision in.

Reaction score

Unknown said:
Could someone who has this guy please post a picture of what's under his robes?

I'm sure its prolly posted in this thread already but here ya go.

DSC02372.jpg

Reaction score

If this one wasn't posted earlier, another one was. My bad
crazy.gif
. Goes to show how lazy I am.

Reaction score

Amazon.com seller has this on sale for $13.99. If you want it bad and want it now w/o hunting.

Reaction score
Re: Shadow Guard - TFU

Picked one of these up last night. While the lightpike is pretty nice, the figure overall is just too Shadow Stormtrooper, if you get my meaning.

Reaction score

I'll display some patience. I've got two of the internet cases pre-ordered from BBTS. I'll just make due for the next two months with some other things.

Reaction score

This is am OK figure. The pike is very cool, but I wish they would have used a different material for the soft goods.

Reaction score
Re: Shadow Guard

i actually have all of the new force unleashed guys exept for the shadow guard. i really really want one!

Reaction score

Does someone know if the helmet is removable?

Well, I imagine we'll get Dan's excellent pictures sooner or later, as usual... and with these, the answer to my question...
smile.gif

And... call me a Stargate geek but this armour painted in black (painteeeeeeed blaaaack... hum sorry
tongue.gif
) makes me think of that of the Super soldier / Kull Warrior.

Reaction score

Can someone who's opened one already tell us whether or not the cape has been fixed to drape over the body better than the ROTS Guards?

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Can someone who's opened one already tell us whether or not the cape has been fixed to drape over the body better than the ROTS Guards?

The soft goods material they used is terrible, I wish they'd go back to a denser type. Its like a shear veil, and has no capacity to drape, it just "poofs" out, worse than the ROTS version.

I really thought the cape was going to be like the one on the TF proto. It isn'nt. Its the same pattern as before, lousier material.

Reaction score

Ok, strike what I said yesterday about patience. I went to BBTS last night and changed my order to go ahead and get the case of 7 figures. The way I see it, I'll get these, see how much I like them, then decide if I want multiples.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Emperor\'s Shadow Guard - Force Unleashed - #14

ratm said:
the helmets don't come off

If it's the same sculpt as the ROTS version that probably explains it
tongue.gif

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PREVIEW!!!

I just picked these figures up this morning, and I am still drooling!
wink.gif

Anyway, here is a look at what I'll be shooting this weekend.

TAC0814shadowSP.jpg

And here are the rest of the figures:
TAC08wave2-tn.jpg

Reaction score

I would have cared if they had given them ball jointed elbows.

Reaction score

I think we're better off waiting for the Imperial Knights and just add these Shadow Guard's helmets(or Carnor Jax's helmet).

Reaction score

General_Koon15 said:
The armor featured on the back of the card is stormtrooper armor : )

Yeah, that's kind of cool looking. I might have preferred they use a shadow stormtrooper body for this fig, rather than the Imperial Guard body.

Reaction score

Picked one up Friday along with the Vader. Doesn't look cool enough to open I guess.

Reaction score

After seeing the pic on the back, I may get a couple of the upcoming Shadow Stormies and do some parts swapping. Also, going by that pic, do they infrequently wear their robes or maybe not wear them at all? I may just use them without the robes if that's the case since they look horrible.

Reaction score

Copy%20of%20DSCN5598a_w.JPG

[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does the helmet in this image (the one of the actuall game render not the figure)kinda look like the helmet on the vintage Royal Guard figure?

Reaction score

Cool!
The chest plate looks like a repainted Stormtrooper chest armour!..
Awesome Card and Figure!

Darth_Rend said:

Is it just me or does the helmet in this image (the one of the actuall game render not the figure)kinda look like the helmet on the vintage Royal Guard figure?

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

Is he that bad and puffy? I was so excited when he got announced. I had planned on buying four of them at least. But now as people complain and the puffy robe that won't lay right ... I think I'll buy one and open him up to see what I think for myself. If I like him enough I'll buy more. If not then it's sad as I am a Royal Guard fan.

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
After seeing the pic on the back, I may get a couple of the upcoming Shadow Stormies and do some parts swapping. Also, going by that pic, do they infrequently wear their robes or maybe not wear them at all? I may just use them without the robes if that's the case since they look horrible.

If I may suggest, I put a ROTS Royal Guard helmet (which I belive is from the same mold as the Shadow Guard) on a TAC stormie just to see if the would fit and the helmet looks really big and awkward. If possible I would try using either a vintage or POTF2 Royal Guard helmet. They seem to be smaller and would probably look better and more proportionate but then again I'm not much of a customizer so what do I know?

Reaction score

Darth_Rend said:
M_Kunst said:

If I may suggest, I put a ROTS Royal Guard helmet (which I belive is from the same mold as the Shadow Guard) on a TAC stormie just to see if the would fit and the helmet looks really big and awkward. If possible I would try using either a vintage or POTF2 Royal Guard helmet. They seem to be smaller and would probably look better and more proportionate but then again I'm not much of a customizer so what do I know?

That's a good and sound approach. I may wait until the game comes out so I can determine what their common garb is and customize accordingly. Using the vintage head is a good idea. Also, if I come to find that they commonly use their robes, I can use the vintage fabric as it is much superior.

Reaction score

Something to take note of. The Shadow Guard's robe is on backwards and inside-out. You can see it in Dan's photo above, and compare to mine below. It's easy enough to fix...

• pop the head off and pull the robe off
• pull the wide cape-y part of the robe through the loop of the narrower, roundish bit of the robe
• put the robe back on the figure, feet first through the loop and finally pull the shoulder bits into place
• pop the head back on

Of course the robe itself would be better if it wasn't made from that dyed cheesecloth crap Hasbro likes to use. But after fixing it, it's not too bad. It "hangs" much better.

f-u_shadow-guard_fixed-robe.jpg

The Guard also looks cool without the robe, which you can kinda see on the far left of this pic. It is, of course, just the ROTS figure in mostly black. But still awesome...
cool.gif

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PEEK!!

While the photos have been done for a week, the pages weren't finished until this morning. And I won't be posting the announcement to the front page just yet, so forum members get an early look at the finished Photo Archive page for EMPEROR'S SHADOW GUARD

Why isn't it posting the front page yet? You'll have to wait and see...
wink.gif

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Why isn't it posting the front page yet? You'll have to wait and see...
wink.gif

... you're going to fix the robe like I showed above, and post a pic of the fix?
wink.gif

Reaction score

As I've said before, even though the armor on these guys appears not to be 100% accurate, I really like them. Can't wait to pick up a couple of these suckas.

Sev

Reaction score

Thanks for the addition Curto! This figure still looks ok so I'll pick it up when I can.

Reaction score

This figure is totally boring. I found several of them and I regret buying one. It seriously is not an interesting figure in any way. Save your money.

Sev

Reaction score

Blight said:
This figure is totally boring. I found several of them and I regret buying one. It seriously is not an interesting figure in any way. Save your money.
Well, I liked the Royal Guard figures so I guessed that oenof those painted black and red plus a huge lightsaber would be a bit cool.

Reaction score

RogueStar said:
Something to take note of. The Shadow Guard's robe is on backwards and inside-out. You can see it in Dan's photo above, and compare to mine below. It's easy enough to fix...

• pop the head off and pull the robe off
• pull the wide cape-y part of the robe through the loop of the narrower, roundish bit of the robe
• put the robe back on the figure, feet first through the loop and finally pull the shoulder bits into place
• pop the head back on

Of course the robe itself would be better if it wasn't made from that dyed cheesecloth crap Hasbro likes to use. But after fixing it, it's not too bad. It "hangs" much better.

I must say that after following these instructions, the cape does look a lot better on the figure. It does create a better neutrally posed figure. I wonder if it's the same for my old ROTS Senate guard.

Reaction score

Wow, thank you for those instructions. I was about to post how disappointed I was with the cape, but now I'm actually quite pleased.

Reaction score

I was about to post how I thought this figure was one of the best in the wave. Now it's defintely in the top 3! (With BD Vader and Rahm taking the other two spots)