Emperor's Royal Guard - VC105

Reaction score
According to the checklist for TVC that Curto has setup:

The Emperor's Royal Guard is coming in the basic line in 2011.

Again, like the other two revealed today, this one is not confirmed by Hasbro, but as a original 1983 vintage figure it would make sense as a release in the vintage line. It has also been pointed out that the upcoming AOTC Senate Guard could be used as the basis for the updated Emperor's Royal Guard, so it's another re-hash that gets us a vintage figure on a TVC card.

What do you think about the possibility?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Emperor\'s Royal Guard - VC**

Yeah, I really want a couple of these guys for sure! Whether they've been confirmed yet or not, they're no doubt on their way at some point. We'll see I guess..

Sol

Reaction score

I'm definitely in for 2. The blue guard from the upcoming AOTC wave will make for an excellent foundation for the red guard.

Reaction score

As long as they have proper ankles, elbows, and force pikes (or whatever they're called), I'm in for a couple at least.

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
As long as they have proper ankles, elbows, and force pikes (or whatever they're called), I'm in for a couple at least.
Plus, I hope they do good with the soft goods on this figure. As they did with the blue guard(AOTC).

Reaction score

Just as long as they fix the soft goods

Reaction score

If only Hasbro would stick two force pikes with each figure to make up for the ROTS release coming with a rifle instead.

Reaction score

GhostOfLunchBox said:
I'm going for the baker's dozen.
What are you doing with that last odd one? I'll have a regular dozen plz.

Reaction score

put me down for at least a small squad of 6... love me some royal guards.....(my ultimate goal is get over 100 or so and then re-create the scene from Crimson Empire where Canor Jax betrays the Royal Guard and has them executed)

Reaction score

All over this one and hope it happens...to this date not really content with any of the prior versions.

You know it's not a good sign when the original vintage version remains your favorite out of all you have bought throughout the years. Such an iconic character too.

Reaction score

Watch them make a removable helmet with see-through visor and a clone head.

Reaction score

Gonna wait and see. I haven't liked any of the recent versions of this guy. He'll need to have really well considered SG integration for me to jump. If, as with past versions, the SG means he can't be posed to stand there looking all stoic and awesome like he did on screen then it'll be another pass. If he does, I could be in for six.

Reaction score

They need to also give this one at least one re-tooled hand so that he holds the pike palm up like they did in the movie. That is a big reason why the ROTS version fails at making a great ROTJ Royal Guard.

Reaction score

YES!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! YAY!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

That is all.

Reaction score

I have no Royal Guards right now because I've been waiting for the perfect version with soft goods cloak and force-pike, I can't wait for this one. I'll also need a proper Emperor now, I hope they get released together.

Reaction score

I'm in no big hurry to get this one, they were just to boring for me standing there guarding someone who obviously needed no protection.
I did like the ROTS version because if you take off the cloak there's great custom fodder underneath, if the new one offers the same I may be inclined to buy him.

Reaction score

I love the guards! I'm diggin the Senate Commando which is like a streamlined version but it all started with the Emperor's Royal Guard!

GNT

Reaction score

I do like the ROTS Royal Guard but that figure left a lot to be desired, I don't know what they can really do with a newer version unless they fix up the cape a little.

Reaction score

Great - I like the ERG design & the vintage 1983 version was one of my favorites as a kid. IMHO we haven't seen enough good vrsions of these guys in the modern (POTF2-on) lines. I'd like to see either a re-release of the ROTS version w/cloth cape or a new version with cloth cape. I was never able to find the ROTS version (I believe it was quite tough to find when it was out in stores), and I only have the sub-par POTF2 & AOTC/Saga? versions - both of these have plastic capes, which aren't even close to being as nice as the cloth capes.

Ty

Reaction score

I'm still using the POTF2 ones, even though I own all the other versions. Looking forward to a solid update.

Reaction score

How they design the soft goods will make or break this figure for me. But I'm for two if he turns out well.

Reaction score

Oh man, I'm totally cool with this. I need some for my Emperor, he's incomplete without them!

Reaction score

Glad to see this name start appearing on lists again. Makes me hopefully we'll see a ROTJ Palpatine sometime in the near future.

Reaction score

I'm salivating over the prospect of this one in TVC. This has to be one of my most absolute favorite vintage figures, loose and carded! I'll get 3 or maybe more.

Reaction score

Been waiting for a good remake of this guy. As long as the use the same pattern of the cape from the TFU guard, this will be perfect.

Reaction score

tanksmasher said:
How they design the soft goods will make or break this figure for me.
It is absolutely CRITICAL.

It should look almost identical to vintage, but with a SA fig underneath. Anything less will be a major disapointment.

And if it's a good one, I'm in for at least 6.

Reaction score

A thicker material is key. Anything else will be a disservice to the aesthetics of the figure.

Reaction score

Thicker fabric and perhaps a wire inserted inside of it so we can at least shape the robe to look aesthetically pleasing. One figure I've always thought looked way better in plastic is the Royal Guard.....I still kind of prefer the Saga figure over the ROTS Guard.

Reaction score

It's sad that the Vintage Royal Guard is still the best version out there. The POTF2 version was pretty good as well, but they've just gotten worse since then.

Reaction score

If they make him with the ROTJ-correct outfit underneath his robe, then I'm in for at least 3. I think the EU-armor looks retarded, since no one can fight if they can't turn their head; so the helmet design itself makes any sort of melee combat impossible. Thus the slick and shiny comic-book-armor, underneath the robe, is nonsense. Clearly the guards themselves are just for show, since it's already been pointed out that Palpatine didn't even need the protection.

Reaction score

I swear any kind of version of the Royal Guards whether they're the Revenge of the Sith Royal Guards or the classic red colored royal guards there's just not enough of these figures. Either stores dont get enough orders or something lOL

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
(my ultimate goal is get over 100 or so and then re-create the scene from Crimson Empire where Canor Jax betrays the Royal Guard and has them executed)

Who HASN'T thought of the same thing