Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ) - Pipeline Reveal from the Fan First Wednesday Livestream 09.08.21. Archive Line 2022.

Black-Series-Emperor-Palpatine-ROTJ-Archive-Pipeline-Reveal.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll finally be able to put an Emperor on my shelf for a reasonable price.
My thought too. Was holding out until the 40th anniversary of ROTJ, since I figured they would release (and re-release) a lot of these players from that movie. Would be cool to see another set with Emperor and a couple of guards for the anniversary.

Reaction score
There is an unreleased Palpatine head sculpt that was shown at a convention a couple of years ago, leading up to the Emperor + Throne Amazon release. I always wanted this sculpt to see the light of day, as it seems to be the most neutral Palpatine face Hasbro has sculpted - and perhaps the most accurate to ROTJ. The others always felt like caricatures, a bit too cartoonish. This Archive release would be an awesome way to get this out, if Hasbro felt like throwing in an additional head or two.

CXvk4DU.jpg

Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for a fairly priced Emperor for a while, even the old version has suddenly without any good reason rocketed to stupid prices. So for us who are missing him will be most pleased, I did hope to get a complete repack of his chair as well but I wont complain to much.

Anyone do a nice good quality 3D print of one in he UK?

GNT

Reaction score
The Emperor and Hasbro don’t mix in any scale. I’d love to see an updated version with a photo real head but don’t have high hopes.

Reaction score
It's weird that they used the old blue line version with the plastic lower skirt...
The actual figure hasn't been shown yet - as I understand it, fan sites were using the image of the previous Emperor. Although I feel it's still likely they will use the original version with the plastic skirt, we can't yet say!

Personally, I'd love it if Hasbro updated his undergarments to be gray, as they were not black in ROTJ. But I don't have high hopes.

Reaction score
The actual figure hasn't been shown yet - as I understand it, fan sites were using the image of the previous Emperor. Although I feel it's still likely they will use the original version with the plastic skirt, we can't yet say!

Personally, I'd love it if Hasbro updated his undergarments to be gray, as they were not black in ROTJ. But I don't have high hopes.
Didn’t they say they’d be using the cloth goods from the Amazon release on the livestream?

Reaction score
Didn’t they say they’d be using the cloth goods from the Amazon release on the livestream?
Yes, Jing said that they would, "incorporate some of the updates from 2019," which would be the Amazon Exclusive version. I imagine that means where they've removed the plastic skirt so he could sit.

Reaction score
Yes, Jing said that they would, "incorporate some of the updates from 2019," which would be the Amazon Exclusive version. I imagine that means where they've removed the plastic skirt so he could sit.
Ooh that is good news! That gives me some hope they may throw in an extra head.

Reaction score
The Emperor and Hasbro don’t mix in any scale. I’d love to see an updated version with a photo real head but don’t have high hopes.
Why would you not have high hopes? All of the Archive figures so far have had the photo real, why would the Emperor be any different?

Reaction score
There is an unreleased Palpatine head sculpt that was shown at a convention a couple of years ago, leading up to the Emperor + Throne Amazon release. I always wanted this sculpt to see the light of day, as it seems to be the most neutral Palpatine face Hasbro has sculpted - and perhaps the most accurate to ROTJ. The others always felt like caricatures, a bit too cartoonish. This Archive release would be an awesome way to get this out, if Hasbro felt like throwing in an additional head or two.

CXvk4DU.jpg
It’s archive so Hasbro will release the original sculpt and forget they made new heads for the deluxe set.

Reaction score
I saw official photos on Facebook, it IS the cloth skirt version after all. I take back my previous statement! I'll probably buy one, the cloth skirt and face print tech are enough of an upgrade on my old blue line version.

Reaction score
As long as I can finally get a decent Emperor at retail price, ill be happy. Cloth all the way though please, ill get a decent throne made up for him.

Reaction score
Could you post a link, or photo if it's a closed group? Afaik, no official photos of this version have been released yet as it was only a pipeline reveal. If I had to guess it's probably just images from the Amazon release.
I stand corrected, apparently that was the TVC version and I didn't realize...

Reaction score
I had a feeling he was going to see a release single carded, so I let my amazon Palps and chair go last year for a simply staggeringly ridiculous amount of money.

Reaction score
The only version of Palps I have is the Blue Box with the ridiculous cane that's too short to reach the ground.
I've never understood the logic behind that (unless I'm missing the way to properly pose him with it).

Point being, I'm really hoping it's the newer version. I'm sure if it is we'll only get one head, but that's still much better than what I currently have..lol.

Reaction score
I had a feeling he was going to see a release single carded, so I let my amazon Palps and chair go last year for a simply staggeringly ridiculous amount of money.
Mind sharing what you sold him for? I quite like looking at Sheev smiling maniacally on his throne, but I could be convinced to part with it if the price is right.

Reaction score
Mind sharing what you sold him for? I quite like looking at Sheev smiling maniacally on his throne, but I could be convinced to part with it if the price is right.
I honestly don't remember the exact number, I want to say around $170 shipped, and that was loose. I really did love the figure, the robes the new face sculpts, the throne... but y'know... $130 profit on something I was pretty sure was going to see a single card/box release in the next few years, that's like a full wave and a half of black series.

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this?
looking at the pattern with all the Archive line, all figures have been the original figures, so looking at the history of the line, most likely this offering for the Emperor will be the original release, maybe with photo real application on the face, not the Amazon exclusive version. All the archive line figures have been the originals, example the up coming ROTS Obi-Wan, X-Wing Luke, Princess Leia, ETC...

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this?
looking at the pattern with all the Archive line, all figures have been the original figures, so looking at the history of the line, most likely this offering for the Emperor will be the original release, maybe with photo real application on the face, not the Amazon exclusive version. All the archive line figures have been the originals, example the up coming ROTS Obi-Wan, X-Wing Luke, Princess Leia, ETC...

I could be wrong, but isn't the also the first time they've had more than one version of the figure to re-release?

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too worried. Hoth Han and Hoth Luke were previously only available in deluxe sets, and 501st Clone was only part of the EE 4-pack. I don’t think it would be weird for this release to be Palpatine from the Amazon set but without his chair.

Reaction score
I think you're right, had to pose him with codger stoop to achieve this.

View attachment 401547
That still looks much better than mine..lol.
The first release has that ridiculous plastic skirt so I could never find a pose (given the skirt mixed with his articulation) that allowed the cane to reach the ground.
When I picked up (at retail) the Dagobah training pack it didn't have Yoda's cane packed in. I carved one from wood and weathered it, actually came out nice.

I'm gonna look at my palps again, if I can't find a workable pose this time I may just "whittle" a cane and paint it black.

Thanks for the pic, however. I kick my own rear constantly for missing Throne Palps (and not buying multiples..lol).

Reaction score
Does everybody know that the Jedi Luke arms fit perfectly onto the Emperor which allows the cane to easily reach the floor.
The cane is not too short it's the Emperors arms which are too short.

Reaction score
Does everybody know that the Jedi Luke arms fit perfectly onto the Emperor which allows the cane to easily reach the floor.
The cane is not too short it's the Emperors arms which are too short.
That would work...even the same color.
I just can't bring myself to destroy a 20 dollar figure to fix Hasbro's error.
(If I had two Jedi Lukes, that is).

Not a bad idea though, a local book store sells used collectibles, you can find cheap 6 in figs sealed in baggies with no accessories on the cheap.
Guess I'll measure Palp's arm and look for a slightly longer one on a cheap fig.